Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13406140

Subject: "Shopping at the company you work for while black" Previous topic | Next topic
BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85056 posts
Fri Oct-02-20 08:54 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Shopping at the company you work for while black"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CF0heegDSBM/

https://hypebeast.com/2020/10/salehe-bembury-versace-racial-profile-instagram-video-info

The footwear designer Salehe Bembury was profiled by two police officers earlier today in Beverly Hills.

According to Bembury, who is currently the Vice President of Sneakers and Men’s Footwear at Versace, he was walking from the brand’s store with a few purchases and was stopped by two policemen who swiftly pulled up with their vehicle and stepped out to question Bembury. The officers stated they caught Bembury jaywalking and proceeded to check his I.D. after asking him to turn around for a search.

The next moments of the interaction were recorded on video, posted to Instagram, where Bembury explains how the officers were searching him for “shopping at the store he works for and just being Black.” While one officer was defending his intent, another had just finished checking Bembury’s ID. After Bembury asked “so you checked my ID. Do I have anything on my record?” the officer responded, “no sir, you’re good to go.” Following the interaction, the designer put up a Story explaining what happened in detail and how he was scared at the moment but confirmed that he’s now safe.

Scroll below to watch the interaction between Salehe Bembury and two officers below.

In case you missed it, check out an interview with Salehe Bembury about his inspirations behind his New Balance 2002R collaboration.

<--- Big Baller World Order

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I wish he kept recording.
Oct 02nd 2020
:(
Oct 02nd 2020
While holding an LV bag too
Oct 02nd 2020
Imagine if Versace had GIVEN him stuff
Oct 02nd 2020
It's so blatant and gross.
Oct 02nd 2020
cops keep showing y'all the "Model Minority" is some bullshit.
Oct 02nd 2020
police body cam video (link)
Oct 04th 2020
He started recording all of a sudden they were done
Oct 04th 2020
Fucking racist pieces of shit.
Oct 04th 2020

Brew
Member since Nov 23rd 2002
24419 posts
Fri Oct-02-20 09:57 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "I wish he kept recording."
In response to Reply # 0

The cop was about to say something fucking stupid. "But listen ..."

He'd already blamed Bembury for "making it something it's not" or some tired bullshit like that.

So basically they searched him for jaywalking. Cool.

FTP.

----------------------------------------

"Fuck aliens." © WarriorPoet415

Crash Bandacoot
Member since May 13th 2003
10118 posts
Fri Oct-02-20 10:22 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. ":("
In response to Reply # 0

>

Amritsar
Member since Jan 18th 2008
32093 posts
Fri Oct-02-20 10:33 AM

3. "While holding an LV bag too "
In response to Reply # 0

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Fri Oct-02-20 11:49 AM

4. "Imagine if Versace had GIVEN him stuff"
In response to Reply # 0

and he didn't have a receipt

*gasp*

man that shxt was insulting.

IG: amadu_me

"...Whateva, man..." (c) Redman

Brew
24419 posts
Fri Oct-02-20 12:30 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "It's so blatant and gross."
In response to Reply # 4
Fri Oct-02-20 12:31 PM by Brew

It's hard to decide what aspect of these bullshit instances of stop and frisk-esque harassments pisses me off the most, but the pigs' habit of blaming the black person they're harassing for "making this more/harder than it has to be" (or some similar bullshit like that) when they get angry that they're being fucking harassed is very close to the top. They always find a horseshit way to blame the person they're harassing for their harassment.

No, hardo pig, what made this situation "harder than it has to be" was you fucking patting me down for drugs and weapons because you saw me fucking JAYWALKING. And that's assuming the dude was even jaywalking.

UGGGHHHHH I fucking hate cops so fucking much.

>man that shxt was insulting.

Damali
Member since Sep 12th 2002
35863 posts
Fri Oct-02-20 07:23 PM

6. "cops keep showing y'all the "Model Minority" is some bullshit."
In response to Reply # 0

no matter how perfect you are as a Black person, you CANNOT escape systemic racism

no matter how well raised
no matter how polite
no matter how rich
no matter how good looking

dillinjah
Charter member
9025 posts
Sun Oct-04-20 10:29 AM

7. "police body cam video (link)"
In response to Reply # 0

https://twitter.com/christoq/status/1312522999556259840?s=20

...SMH

luminous
Charter member
12475 posts
Sun Oct-04-20 11:19 AM

8. "He started recording all of a sudden they were done"
In response to Reply # 7

--
Sometimes you have to look reality in the face and say 'No!'
-Ben (Reaper)

If you need any help, don't. Hesitate to ask.

Brew
24419 posts
Sun Oct-04-20 06:24 PM

9. "Fucking racist pieces of shit."
In response to Reply # 7

Lobby General Discussion topic #13406140 Previous topic | Next topic