Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13402884

Subject: "** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **" Previous topic | Next topic
Geah
Member since Feb 16th 2007
48407 posts
Tue Sep-08-20 11:07 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"

@geahuwine

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
When people at the gig email you when you take the week off
Sep 09th 2020
send them a selfie of you w/ a drink in your hand
Sep 09th 2020
      We have a new VP of marketing and sales
Sep 09th 2020
** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **
Sep 09th 2020
boss is tripping
Sep 09th 2020
take it a from a boss: we always trippin' lol
Sep 09th 2020
      true
Sep 09th 2020
im not in a funk, but its something
Sep 09th 2020
I wish my (white;male) coworker would stay out of my cubicle
Sep 09th 2020
why not just communicate directly to him?
Sep 09th 2020
Seeing Rick Moranis made me smile
Sep 09th 2020
got a call from the senior IT director
Sep 09th 2020
In 20 years we'll be looking at the Caster Semenya store like the Marge ...
Sep 09th 2020
RE: ** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **
Sep 09th 2020
RE: ** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **
Sep 09th 2020
CW is a great safe space, even if you just want to bitch about OKP
Sep 09th 2020
Unintentionally hurt a friend's feelings tonight.
Sep 09th 2020

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79616 posts
Wed Sep-09-20 09:48 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "When people at the gig email you when you take the week off"
In response to Reply # 0

and then say “don’t worry about it, enjoy your vacation”

or they ask you for shit that you asked them for last week because you were going on vacation...

Hoe shit.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85076 posts
Wed Sep-09-20 10:32 AM

4. "send them a selfie of you w/ a drink in your hand"
In response to Reply # 1

why would you even check work email on vacation anyway.

i always crack the fuck up when i get back from vacation and my boss asks me my thoughts about something she sent me while i was gone.

she known me too long to expect me to even think about work on nights, weekends and vacation

<--- Big Baller World Order

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79616 posts
Wed Sep-09-20 11:42 AM

9. "We have a new VP of marketing and sales"
In response to Reply # 4

and he’s doing too much

Usually I wouldn’t check but with the way things are right now it’s not the time for me to play that game.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Latina212
Member since Apr 28th 2003
8731 posts
Wed Sep-09-20 10:22 AM

2. "** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"
In response to Reply # 0

I’m more stressed with the election than the virus. After 4 years I am still shocked with the hateful and divisive things that come out of his mouth and the ppl that applaud his behavior.

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16414 posts
Wed Sep-09-20 10:26 AM

3. "boss is tripping"
In response to Reply # 0

he is not keeping track of new projects that he is managing. the main customer he is dealing with is less organized. now the boss is asking me to make a spreadsheet to keep track of what he is doing.

i know where im at with my projects.

first instinct is to say nope. i guess its an opportunity to expand and be of big help. whats in it for me though?

might just start adding items earlier to the previous tracker spreadsheet i had to start a few weeks ago since my coworker wasnt keeping track of their stuff.

Damali
Member since Sep 12th 2002
35865 posts
Wed Sep-09-20 12:48 PM

11. "take it a from a boss: we always trippin' lol"
In response to Reply # 3
Wed Sep-09-20 12:48 PM by Damali

My relationship with my direct reports improved greatly when they learned the most important thing about having a boss:

Your first job is to make your boss' job easier. Cuz you have no idea the pressure we are under from those above us.

Seriously.

my staff that understand that work better with me.

and because *I* know that, I work better with my Board President, who is above me.

d

mista k5
16414 posts
Wed Sep-09-20 01:02 PM

13. "true"
In response to Reply # 11

i mean in the end its all our projects. i just need to make sure i benefit from it directly in the end.

he really needs to be more ready to hand off projects earlier. typically there would be someone else between me and the boss that is handling all of this. as long as it doesnt affect the quality of my work it would be good to step up to do this.

i do believe my coworker should be the one that handles this but it seems no one believes in them to do so.

years ago a motivated me would had done this months ago. im gonna sit on it a bit more before i decide what to do lol

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85076 posts
Wed Sep-09-20 10:34 AM

5. "im not in a funk, but its something"
In response to Reply # 0

i don't think its normal to just sit around all evening in the dark*, smoke weed and watch NBA or play Playstation for hours on end but that's been my unwind most days since the bubble ball started

*i say dark loosely because a 65" tv plus downtown lights will keep a dark apartment lit the fuck up

<--- Big Baller World Order

SuiteLady
Member since Oct 19th 2004
16194 posts
Wed Sep-09-20 11:00 AM

6. "I wish my (white;male) coworker would stay out of my cubicle "
In response to Reply # 0

Since the pandemic started we have worked from home primarily, but I do have to go in to the office one day a week. He has his own cubicle and there is an empty cubicle across from his but yet he is always in my space.

This was a problem even before we worked from home. I would come in in the morning and regularly have move piles of stuff (some times heavy stuff) off my desk and out of my chair.

Now I come in, on my one day, to the same thing and him even sitting in my chair once. He aint even suppose to be there on the same day as me!

Like I said it was a problem before but now, it is also a health risk for my space not to be my own.

My friend (also white and male) told me to buy a bunch of fragile Precious Moments figurines and place them around my desk so precariously that if he even comes close he will knock it over. I am thinking of taking it a step further and getting several black Jesus figurines, a bunch of black angels, a black Santa Claus, a BLM poster, and a Biden Harris poster. Hopefully that will make him uncomfortable enough to stay out my cubicle.

My boss (also white and male) has heard me complain about this for at least a year now. I think my most realistic next step is to have a conversation with HR from the angle of "this is a health risk."

I don't know.

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

"Love is never any better than the lover" Toni Morrison (The Bluest Eye)

Damali
Member since Sep 12th 2002
35865 posts
Wed Sep-09-20 12:51 PM

12. "why not just communicate directly to him?"
In response to Reply # 6

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Wed Sep-09-20 11:17 AM

7. "Seeing Rick Moranis made me smile"
In response to Reply # 0

https://twitter.com/VancityReynolds/status/1303687095492505600

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

mista k5
16414 posts
Wed Sep-09-20 11:29 AM

8. "got a call from the senior IT director"
In response to Reply # 0

i minimized my browser and answered.

"hi mista, im here with your boss"

*sweats*

"oh hey"

"we need you to move your car, we have a crane coming in"

phew lol

MEAT
22257 posts
Wed Sep-09-20 11:43 AM

10. "In 20 years we'll be looking at the Caster Semenya store like the Marge ..."
In response to Reply # 0

And it'll be far too late to do her any good while she's still here and able to compete.

------

LonelyOnly
Member since Aug 22nd 2002
5097 posts
Wed Sep-09-20 03:05 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
14. "RE: ** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"
In response to Reply # 0

I haven't been on here in like 10 years...but it's nice to dip in and see familiar faces.

This is my signature

MEAT
22257 posts
Wed Sep-09-20 05:48 PM

15. "RE: ** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Sep-09-20 05:49 PM by MEAT

Seeing the amount of people who’ve internalized that their own humanity and agency as well as everyone they know and love is fair game for a politician or a political party to maintain positions of power is profoundly disappointing.

You are under no obligation or agreement to allow others to frame your life.

And it’s far from just this site. You can see it under any twitter comment that “all that matters is November” and that’s a fucking cop out.

------

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44848 posts
Wed Sep-09-20 06:36 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
16. "CW is a great safe space, even if you just want to bitch about OKP"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Sep-09-20 06:40 PM by Cold Truth

and the people on it, without having to engage in any sort of critical dialogue that challenges your perceptions on the reasons behind the things people say in other posts.

It's a spineless, mealy-mouthed way to be freely and smugly self-righteous, a tact used by some in much the same way people use "I'm entitled to my opinion", as though that magically makes lends any credence at all to the content of that opinion.

Because, lord knows the easiest way to win in argument is to have it when you're either the only person in the room, or when you're in a room where no one else is allowed to respond.

Or better yet, you do it in a place when you know most people won't challenge you on it because you know they don't want to fuck up that safe space for all the people who don't use it as a shield from critique.

Sure, it's a fucking cop out...but hey, whatever works for them.

KiloMcG
Member since Jan 01st 2008
27561 posts
Wed Sep-09-20 09:36 PM

17. "Unintentionally hurt a friend's feelings tonight."
In response to Reply # 0

By replying in the wrong fucking group text. Long story I'm not gonna get into, but now I feel like a giant piece of shit. I didn't talk shit about him or anything, but a texting error stirred up some shit and I feel terrible.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13402884 Previous topic | Next topic