Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13402478

Subject: "Jessica A Krug aka Rachel Dolezal 2.0" Previous topic | Next topic
legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79560 posts
Thu Sep-03-20 06:12 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Jessica A Krug aka Rachel Dolezal 2.0"

Another white woman pretending to be black and teaching African studies at a University.

I think every university with a red one teaching African studies needs to be vetted immediately.

https://medium.com/@jessakrug/the-truth-and-the-anti-black-violence-of-my-lies-9a9621401f85

For the better part of my adult life, every move I’ve made, every relationship I’ve formed, has been rooted in the napalm toxic soil of lies.
Not just any lies.
To an escalating degree over my adult life, I have eschewed my lived experience as a white Jewish child in suburban Kansas City under various assumed identities within a Blackness that I had no right to claim: first North African Blackness, then US rooted Blackness, then Caribbean rooted Bronx Blackness. I have not only claimed these identities as my own when I had absolutely no right to do so — when doing so is the very epitome of violence, of thievery and appropriation, of the myriad ways in which non-Black people continue to use and abuse Black identities and cultures — but I have formed intimate relationships with loving, compassionate people who have trusted and cared for me when I have deserved neither trust nor caring. People have fought together with me and have fought for me, and my continued appropriation of a Black Caribbean identity is not only, in the starkest terms, wrong — unethical, immoral, anti-Black, colonial — but it means that every step I’ve taken has gaslighted those whom I love.

Intention never matters more than impact. To say that I clearly have been battling some unaddressed mental health demons for my entire life, as both an adult and child, is obvious. Mental health issues likely explain why I assumed a false identity initially, as a youth, and why I continued and developed it for so long; the mental health professionals from whom I have been so belatedly seeking help assure me that this is a common response to some of the severe trauma that marked my early childhood and teen years.
But mental health issues can never, will never, neither explain nor justify, neither condone nor excuse, that, in spite of knowing and regularly critiquing any and every non-Black person who appropriates from Black people, my false identity was crafted entirely from the fabric of Black lives. That I claimed belonging with living people and ancestors to whom and for whom my being is always a threat at best and a death sentence at worst.

I am not a culture vulture. I am a culture leech.
I have thought about ending these lies many times over many years, but my cowardice was always more powerful than my ethics. I know right from wrong. I know history. I know power.
I am a coward.
I am a coward.
There is no ignorance, no innocence, nothing to claim, nothing to defend. I have moved wrong in every way for years.
I believe in restorative justice, where possible, even when and where I don’t know what that means or how it could work. I believe in accountability. And I believe in cancel culture as a necessary and righteous tool for those with less structural power to wield against those with more power.

I should absolutely be cancelled. No. I don’t write in passive voice, ever, because I believe we must name power. So. You should absolutely cancel me, and I absolutely cancel myself.

What does that mean?
I don’t know.

Accountability works only when you are in community with people. How can I be in any type of meaningful community with those whom I have so harmfully and horrifically deceived for so long?
I don’t believe that any anti-Black life has inherent value. I don’t know what to build from here. I don’t know that it is possible to repair a single relationship I have with another person, living or dead, and I don’t believe I deserve the grace or kindness to do so.
My politics are as they have ever been, and those politics condemn me in the loudest and most unyielding terms.
I have built my life on a violent anti-Black lie, and I have lied in every breath I have taken.

There are no words in any language to express the depth of my remorse, but then again: there shouldn’t be. Words are never the point.

The wrath of all whom I’ve harmed, individually and collectively, will never erase the harm I’ve done. Pain and trauma, injustice and violence, aren’t algebra, and there’s nothing to put on the other side of this equals sign but a big, bold void.

I don’t know how to fix this. I am attempting to lay out a timeline of my deceit to better understand all whom I have violated and how, and to begin to imagine how to restore, to address, to redress… But I can’t fix this. I have burned every bridge and have no expectation that any of my relationships are flame resistant. I would never ask for nor expect forgiveness. I long to repair my relationships on whatever terms those whom I’ve harmed need, but only those whom I have harmed can decide if they are willing.

To everyone who trusted me, who fought for me, who vouched for me, who loved me, who is feeling shock and betrayal and rage and bone marrow deep hurt and confusion, violation in this world and beyond: I beg you, please, do not question your own judgment or doubt yourself. You were not naive. I was audaciously deceptive. I have a very clear, loud conscience, but I have acted as if I had none. I gaslit you. I begged for your compassion and love for my isolation and loneliness — real and raw feelings, but borne of the avalanche of deceit.
When I was a teenager fleeing trauma, I could just run away to a new place and become a new person. But this isn’t trauma that anyone imposed on me, this is harm that I have enacted onto so many others. There is nowhere to run. I have ended the life I had no right to live in the first place.

I have no identity outside of this. I have never developed one. I have to figure out how to be a person that I don’t believe should exist, and how, as that person, to even begin to heal any of the harm that I’ve caused.
No white person, no non-Black person, has the right to claim proximity to or belonging in a Black community by virtue of abuse, trauma, non-acceptance, and non-belonging in a white community. The abuse within and alienation from my birth family and society are no one’s burden but my own, and mine alone to address. Black people and Black communities have no obligation to harbor the refuse of non-Black societies. I have done this. I know it is wrong and I have done this anyway.
I have not lived a double life. There is no parallel form of my adulthood connected to white people or a white community or an alternative white identity. I have lived this lie, fully, completely, with no exit plan or strategy. I have built only this life, a life within which I have operated with a radical sense of ethics, of right and wrong, and with rage, rooted in Black power, an ideology which every person should support, but to which I have no possible claim as my own.

There is no way for me to satisfactorily end this statement. This isn’t a confession, it isn’t a public relations move, and it damn sure isn’t a shield. s
It is the truth, though.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Whats the big deal. White folks on OKP do this every day.
Sep 03rd 2020
Haha.. not as blatant as these women but true af
Sep 03rd 2020
wait... what? who got caught with the reverse cake soap?
Sep 04th 2020
Season Vet
Sep 04th 2020
      a cracker gonna be a cracker till god sends them to the knackers
Sep 04th 2020
      Craziest thing about the Seasoned Vet situation
Sep 04th 2020
      Damn
Sep 04th 2020
      imagine being so obsessed with me
Sep 04th 2020
           imagine being so unhinged that you're the best example
Sep 04th 2020
                you're the one who brings me up unasked all the time
Sep 04th 2020
                     The shoe fits you *shrugs*
Sep 04th 2020
                          I know. you think everything in the world comes back to me
Sep 04th 2020
                               Don't be mad at me. Just be better.
Sep 04th 2020
                                    I'm sure you'll always be thinking of me no matter how I'm doing.
Sep 04th 2020
                                         You'll probably always be my best example of toxic moderation...
Sep 04th 2020
                                              I never ever under any circumstance want to be liked by the people
Sep 04th 2020
                                                   There's that classic rjcc hail mary virtue signal...
Sep 04th 2020
                                                        I don't think that not being the absolute worst person you can possibly ...
Sep 04th 2020
                                                             Play obtuse if you must. Just be a better human...
Sep 05th 2020
                                                                  if it doesn't matter to you
Sep 06th 2020
                                                                       Doesn't matter to me how you react to me mentioning you.
Sep 06th 2020
      Whoa
Sep 05th 2020
      Nah, I've seen Seasoned Vet post his pic before.
Sep 05th 2020
           Perhaps it was a fake pic b/c why would he respond that way?
Sep 05th 2020
           He posted a pic on the internet? That’s your evidence?
Sep 06th 2020
Sep 04th 2020
aint seen ol boy since smh.
Sep 04th 2020
      he got in one last n word, knocked over the water and took off
Sep 04th 2020
           he did the *COUGH* "LOOK OVER THERE!" and dipped.
Sep 04th 2020
           and accused me of having a white wife before he dipped
Sep 04th 2020
                sorry man, that shit had me rolling.
Sep 04th 2020
true, calling you the "n" word and everything else I posted about that.....
Sep 04th 2020
How did Reeq know?
Sep 04th 2020
      I don't keep up with the database but somebody slipped up the other...
Sep 04th 2020
      Well some people on here aren’t fans of Black men
Sep 04th 2020
      try the world lol
Sep 04th 2020
      *throws Dr. Tommy Curry's book at you*
Sep 04th 2020
      Some???
Sep 05th 2020
      Facts. I've Been noticing a lot of that shit lately.
Sep 10th 2020
      RE:
Sep 04th 2020
      there's always a certain reverence for *something* in the black exp
Sep 04th 2020
      i'm confused...who/what is this about?
Sep 04th 2020
      He linked it in 6
Sep 04th 2020
      Never did say how he knew
Sep 04th 2020
           Vets response “you been itching to say something for a while”
Sep 04th 2020
                Yep
Sep 04th 2020
not nearly as big an impact
Sep 04th 2020
      i agree 100%. My post was made in jest.
Sep 04th 2020
new york post is utter garbage but im dying at this headline
Sep 04th 2020
jesus christ at her author bio
Sep 04th 2020
      Both of these are hilarious 😂
Sep 04th 2020
      it's totally embarrassing.
Sep 04th 2020
      this my last one, but her fuckin accent
Sep 04th 2020
           that accent is like a 70's satire. i am in awe.
Sep 05th 2020
           yo what's with the sign language lady in the far corner of the screen?
Sep 10th 2020
           She sounds like she is from Boston
Sep 10th 2020
One day we’ll admit how much colorism and our
Sep 04th 2020
Agreed. It's ridiculous.
Sep 04th 2020
We are obsessed with passing, lighter skin, mixed and biracial phenotype...
Sep 05th 2020
Dr. Akissi Britton claims she didn't buy her "blackness". I'm not sure
Sep 04th 2020
people do bizarre shit
Sep 04th 2020
      Smdh...
Sep 05th 2020
      I think at least some of it happens because you have to be so
Sep 06th 2020
      RE: people do bizarre shit
Sep 06th 2020
This Reminds Me Of That Boondocks "Black Christmas Play" Episode
Sep 04th 2020
she look like the cash me outside girl with covid...how tf ppl got foole...
Sep 04th 2020
the tone of the article pisses me off too
Sep 05th 2020
such a white girl
Sep 05th 2020
She tried to control the terms of her dragging.
Sep 05th 2020

Brotha Sun
Member since Dec 31st 2009
6778 posts
Thu Sep-03-20 06:49 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Whats the big deal. White folks on OKP do this every day. "
In response to Reply # 0

They be all in The Lesson talking about Dead Prez albums with their chests, boy. Sick behavior, really.

"They used to call me Baby Luke....but now? The whole damn 2 Liiiive Crew."

legsdiamond
79560 posts
Thu Sep-03-20 08:54 PM

2. "Haha.. not as blatant as these women but true af"
In response to Reply # 1

What happened to ole boy since he was put on blast?

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Reuben
Member since Mar 13th 2006
1857 posts
Fri Sep-04-20 05:57 AM

3. "wait... what? who got caught with the reverse cake soap?"
In response to Reply # 2

http://hardboiledbabesanddarkchocolate.tumblr.co

legsdiamond
79560 posts
Fri Sep-04-20 08:02 AM

6. "Season Vet "
In response to Reply # 3

check out this thread.. lol
https://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13401276&mesg_id=13401276&page=2

Reuben
1857 posts
Fri Sep-04-20 08:16 AM

8. "a cracker gonna be a cracker till god sends them to the knackers"
In response to Reply # 6

I'd gather there's countless white people that held academic and other institutional positions whilst masquerading as black,

a comprehensive study needs to be done on racial passing including blacks passing as white and all else inbetween,

its too political for that shit to happen now tho...

Boogie Stimuli
Member since Sep 24th 2010
14014 posts
Fri Sep-04-20 11:16 AM

15. "Craziest thing about the Seasoned Vet situation"
In response to Reply # 6
Fri Sep-04-20 11:17 AM by Boogie Stimuli

is I basically stopped interacting with dude over him getting hostile and aggressive over how "WE" can build an economic base. Dude went into all kinds of namecalling for no reason. I knew he was unhinged off rip.
Reminds me of the way Anonymous (also white) acts over music, but it was hard to say he was "acting white" while rjcc was running around here acting the same way.

~
~
~
~
~
Days like this I miss Sha Mecca

legsdiamond
79560 posts
Fri Sep-04-20 12:07 PM

16. "Damn"
In response to Reply # 15

Rjcc
Charter member
94963 posts
Fri Sep-04-20 03:25 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
27. "imagine being so obsessed with me"
In response to Reply # 15

that you have to bring me up in every. single. conversation.

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

Boogie Stimuli
14014 posts
Fri Sep-04-20 05:28 PM

32. "imagine being so unhinged that you're the best example "
In response to Reply # 27

in.that.exact.conversation

~
~
~
~
~

Rjcc
Charter member
94963 posts
Fri Sep-04-20 05:46 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
34. "you're the one who brings me up unasked all the time"
In response to Reply # 32

you know why you do, and it's because to you, I'm relevant to everything.

that's how fans think.

Boogie Stimuli
14014 posts
Fri Sep-04-20 06:30 PM

35. "The shoe fits you *shrugs*"
In response to Reply # 34

~
~
~
~
~

Rjcc
Charter member
94963 posts
Fri Sep-04-20 06:47 PM

36. "I know. you think everything in the world comes back to me"
In response to Reply # 35

I'm flattered, even if I think it's kind of an empty existence for you.

Boogie Stimuli
14014 posts
Fri Sep-04-20 06:53 PM

37. "Don't be mad at me. Just be better."
In response to Reply # 36

~
~
~
~
~

Rjcc
Charter member
94963 posts
Fri Sep-04-20 07:17 PM

38. "I'm sure you'll always be thinking of me no matter how I'm doing."
In response to Reply # 37

Boogie Stimuli
14014 posts
Fri Sep-04-20 07:34 PM

41. "You'll probably always be my best example of toxic moderation..."
In response to Reply # 38

so you might be right.
I sincerely hope I never come across a worse mod.

~
~
~
~
~

Rjcc
Charter member
94963 posts
Fri Sep-04-20 09:39 PM

43. "I never ever under any circumstance want to be liked by the people"
In response to Reply # 41

who think it's their place to be the self-appointed real rape investigators. You should always and forever view me as toxic to you and if you don't then I've erred somehow.

Boogie Stimuli
14014 posts
Fri Sep-04-20 10:32 PM

47. "There's that classic rjcc hail mary virtue signal..."
In response to Reply # 43

"But raaaaaape!"
Always a last resort when your wit won't suffice.
I can readily cite any number of posts where you're being toxic that have nothing do with rape, so not only is it inapplicable, it also doesn't justify your behavior.

~
~
~
~
~

Rjcc
Charter member
94963 posts
Fri Sep-04-20 10:59 PM

48. "I don't think that not being the absolute worst person you can possibly ..."
In response to Reply # 47

is especially virtuous.

whatever the signal of virtue is, it absolutely must require clearing a higher bar than that.

Boogie Stimuli
14014 posts
Sat Sep-05-20 09:32 AM

54. "Play obtuse if you must. Just be a better human..."
In response to Reply # 48

or be mad that I call you not being. Doesn't matter to me. You have the freedom to chill at any time.

~
~
~
~
~

Rjcc
Charter member
94963 posts
Sun Sep-06-20 12:14 AM

62. "if it doesn't matter to you"
In response to Reply # 54

then there's no explanation for why you'd bring up my name unasked 24/7.

except for that you're a big fan and have an obsession.

Boogie Stimuli
14014 posts
Sun Sep-06-20 01:59 AM

64. "Doesn't matter to me how you react to me mentioning you."
In response to Reply # 62

Your narrative for why I do it doesn't matter to me either.

If it bothers you so much that I do it that you have to create this "obsessed fan" narrative, then be a better mod. Simple.

~
~
~
~
~

KiloMcG
Member since Jan 01st 2008
27561 posts
Sat Sep-05-20 09:37 AM

55. "Whoa "
In response to Reply # 6

Monkey Genius
Member since Mar 04th 2005
8099 posts
Sat Sep-05-20 03:39 PM

59. "Nah, I've seen Seasoned Vet post his pic before."
In response to Reply # 6

He black.

----------------------------------
I have a webcomic: www.watchthecomic.com

My webcomic has a page: www.facebook.com/watchyourheadcomic

Boogie Stimuli
14014 posts
Sat Sep-05-20 03:57 PM

60. "Perhaps it was a fake pic b/c why would he respond that way?"
In response to Reply # 59

"you been itching to say something for a while"

That doesn't add up. Why would an actual Black person say that and disappear?

~
~
~
~
~

legsdiamond
79560 posts
Sun Sep-06-20 06:52 AM

66. "He posted a pic on the internet? That’s your evidence? "
In response to Reply # 59

Reuben
1857 posts
Fri Sep-04-20 05:58 AM

4. "."
In response to Reply # 2
Fri Sep-04-20 05:59 AM by Reuben

Brotha Sun
6778 posts
Fri Sep-04-20 02:13 PM

22. "aint seen ol boy since smh. "
In response to Reply # 2

sectachrome86
Member since Dec 22nd 2007
2729 posts
Fri Sep-04-20 02:32 PM

24. "he got in one last n word, knocked over the water and took off"
In response to Reply # 22

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.soundcloud.com/sectachrome

PROMO
Charter member
30953 posts
Fri Sep-04-20 02:34 PM

25. "he did the *COUGH* "LOOK OVER THERE!" and dipped."
In response to Reply # 24

legsdiamond
79560 posts
Fri Sep-04-20 03:59 PM

28. "and accused me of having a white wife before he dipped"
In response to Reply # 24

Dude threw everything at us on his way out.

PROMO
Charter member
30953 posts
Fri Sep-04-20 04:11 PM

31. "sorry man, that shit had me rolling."
In response to Reply # 28

such a fail mary attempt.

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Fri Sep-04-20 07:28 AM

5. "true, calling you the "n" word and everything else I posted about that....."
In response to Reply # 1

a while back

legsdiamond
79560 posts
Fri Sep-04-20 08:15 AM

7. "How did Reeq know? "
In response to Reply # 5

Did he slip up? Connect on another platform or did we just miss that confession?

He always bashed “our culture” to the point where I felt he was a self hating negro.

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Fri Sep-04-20 08:21 AM

9. "I don't keep up with the database but somebody slipped up the other..."
In response to Reply # 7

day and nobody said shit but let some other slurs get typed on here people lose their minds and posts get deleted and folks get banned

legsdiamond
79560 posts
Fri Sep-04-20 09:01 AM

11. "Well some people on here aren’t fans of Black men"
In response to Reply # 9

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Fri Sep-04-20 09:15 AM

12. "try the world lol"
In response to Reply # 11

Reuben
1857 posts
Fri Sep-04-20 09:20 AM

13. "*throws Dr. Tommy Curry's book at you*"

Kira
Member since Nov 14th 2004
28842 posts
Sat Sep-05-20 09:31 PM

61. "Some???"

More like, a lot aren't with their hating selves.

No empathy for white misery (c) BDot

"root for everybody black haters say that's crazy, wow..."

Airbreed
Charter member
29434 posts
Thu Sep-10-20 10:08 AM

68. "Facts. I've Been noticing a lot of that shit lately. "

CIPHA
Charter member
1010 posts
Fri Sep-04-20 01:50 PM

20. "RE: "
In response to Reply # 9
Fri Sep-04-20 01:50 PM by CIPHA

This is the reason I was gone from this space for many years before the quarantine, and why I'm a charter member with such a low post count.

Some people are allowed to say whatever and others get booted for responding. Shit's disgusting honestly.

Let me guess, I can have "good day" now, right?

Reuben
1857 posts
Fri Sep-04-20 08:21 AM

10. "there's always a certain reverence for *something* in the black exp"
In response to Reply # 7

that comes through if they are black, if its just wall to wall disparaging of the negative aspects of black culture that should be a red flag imo, but even that could be feigned

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44614 posts
Fri Sep-04-20 12:23 PM

17. "i'm confused...who/what is this about? "
In response to Reply # 7

Lurkmode
Member since May 07th 2011
5186 posts
Fri Sep-04-20 01:33 PM

18. "He linked it in 6"
In response to Reply # 17
Fri Sep-04-20 01:33 PM by Lurkmode

Season Vet

---------------------------
Signature

Lurkmode
5186 posts
Fri Sep-04-20 01:36 PM

19. "Never did say how he knew"
In response to Reply # 7

Reeq dropped that bomb and left

Signature

legsdiamond
79560 posts
Fri Sep-04-20 01:53 PM

21. "Vets response “you been itching to say something for a while”"
In response to Reply # 19

let me know he had that info for a minute and it was just a matter of time.

Lurkmode
5186 posts
Fri Sep-04-20 02:54 PM

26. "Yep"
In response to Reply # 21

I read that reply. He was sitting on that info.

Signature

CherNic
Member since Aug 18th 2005
37156 posts
Fri Sep-04-20 09:25 AM

14. "not nearly as big an impact"
In response to Reply # 1

This woman is/was in academia. Teaching others about a culture/life she lied about living. Teaching salsa classes. Writing books and articles. Taking up space that a real Black or Latinx person could have existed in. And THEN tried to blame it on mental illness? Man fuck her

Brotha Sun
6778 posts
Fri Sep-04-20 02:14 PM

23. "i agree 100%. My post was made in jest. "
In response to Reply # 14

shygurl
Member since Oct 08th 2002
13361 posts
Fri Sep-04-20 04:02 PM

29. "new york post is utter garbage but im dying at this headline"
In response to Reply # 0

https://nypost.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2020/09/Prof-cover.jpg?quality=80&strip=all

I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.

— F. Scott Fitzgerald

shygurl
13361 posts
Fri Sep-04-20 04:06 PM

30. "jesus christ at her author bio"
In response to Reply # 29

https://i1.wp.com/alexis.lindaikejisblog.com/photos/shares/5f516f25a79de.PNG?ssl=1

I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.

— F. Scott Fitzgerald

Boogie Stimuli
14014 posts
Fri Sep-04-20 05:36 PM

33. "Both of these are hilarious 😂"
In response to Reply # 30

That bio tho... lord.

~
~
~
~
~

shygurl
13361 posts
Fri Sep-04-20 09:52 PM

46. "it's totally embarrassing. "
In response to Reply # 33

smh

— F. Scott Fitzgerald

shygurl
13361 posts
Fri Sep-04-20 09:41 PM

44. "this my last one, but her fuckin accent"
In response to Reply # 30

https://twitter.com/desusnice/status/1301697602715553795?s=20

I think there's a bit of commentary in this whole episode about the co-opting of blaccents and aave and in general the disrespect shown towards how we talk, but that's for another day.

All jokes aside, the whole situation is disgusting and completely disheartening.

— F. Scott Fitzgerald

Brotha Sun
6778 posts
Sat Sep-05-20 09:10 AM

53. "that accent is like a 70's satire. i am in awe."
In response to Reply # 44

Airbreed
Charter member
29434 posts
Thu Sep-10-20 10:06 AM

67. "yo what's with the sign language lady in the far corner of the screen?"

LOL

that whole vid is a mess.

legsdiamond
79560 posts
Thu Sep-10-20 10:39 AM

69. "She sounds like she is from Boston"

afrogirl_lost
Member since May 22nd 2012
3062 posts
Fri Sep-04-20 07:19 PM

39. "One day we’ll admit how much colorism and our "
In response to Reply # 0

internalized self-hatred plays into these white women being able to do this. We love when supposedly racially ambiguous and women claim Blackness and I’m tired of it.

Boogie Stimuli
14014 posts
Fri Sep-04-20 07:26 PM

40. "Agreed. It's ridiculous."
In response to Reply # 39

>We love when supposedly racially ambiguous
>and women claim Blackness and I’m tired of it.

Reminds me of the conversation on here in the BlackAF post.

~
~
~
~
~

Mori
Charter member
3528 posts
Sat Sep-05-20 09:54 AM

56. "We are obsessed with passing, lighter skin, mixed and biracial phenotype..."
In response to Reply # 39

Black people who tell me how much they loved Imitation of Life lets me know how much people are fascinated with mixed black identity, passing and getting a free pass in and out of whiteness to make money.

I understand though. Everyone wants to be racially ambiguous for survival reasons. Soon, people will all be a blend and no one will care or notice the Krugs, Dolezals and Sean Kings.

I personally take major issue because only fair skinned people can play that game. What race can dark skinned woman claim to be? Black is a very specific experience and identity. I those who can't opt out don't even think about playing these games with race and culture.

Rise & Shine
Thrive & Grind
Heart & Mind

Boogie Stimuli
14014 posts
Fri Sep-04-20 08:10 PM

42. "Dr. Akissi Britton claims she didn't buy her "blackness". I'm not sure"
In response to Reply # 0

how ANYONE did after seeing pics of her. Folks gotta stop being fooled by these people.

Even Britton's story is weird af tho, because how is this white woman with dusty blonde hair telling you she's black, and accusing you of not being black enough... and yall still friends? AND you're confiding in this person and letting her into your "sacred circle"? Lol. C'mon Black people, we gotta do better than this.

https://twitter.com/kinkyintellect/status/1301620913818030093

~
~
~
~
~

Rjcc
Charter member
94963 posts
Fri Sep-04-20 09:41 PM

45. "people do bizarre shit"
In response to Reply # 42

you know this person's full of shit and yet you're still hanging out with them.

at some point people need to acknowledge that dolezal's of this world get by because they make themselves useful to their targets. and I haven't seen anyone admit openly how she was useful to them.

they didn't just keep her around for the yuks

afrogirl_lost
Member since May 22nd 2012
3062 posts
Sat Sep-05-20 06:05 AM

51. "Smdh..."
In response to Reply # 45

A lot of Black folks in academic and movement spaces seem to lose their common sense. There’s really no other way to say it. I’ve seen the most logical and street smart people turn into idiots. It’s like they can no longer spot a hustle after a few years. This Jessica person looks like one of the Italian girls who used to pretend they were Puerto Rican back in high school. There is no way she could’ve told me she was Black lol.

Rjcc
Charter member
94963 posts
Sun Sep-06-20 12:28 AM

63. "I think at least some of it happens because you have to be so"
In response to Reply # 51

professionally fake

in order to have any hope of getting ahead.

like this kind of con is a story because it's weird, but there are so many people at the level scamming in so many ways, and so much unearned ass kissing that determines who gets ahead

I think people just lose grip with reality, or maybe they choose to

Boogie Stimuli
14014 posts
Sun Sep-06-20 02:10 AM

65. "RE: people do bizarre shit"
In response to Reply # 45

>at some point people need to acknowledge that dolezal's of
>this world get by because they make themselves useful to their
>targets. and I haven't seen anyone admit openly how she was
>useful to them.
>
>they didn't just keep her around for the yuks

Could be that she was useful in some way. It could also be that Britton was one of those Black folks who was overly impressed with a white person who "went hard" for Black folks, b/c she said Krug's faking didn't start until after some time. Mabye by then Britton had gotten close to her and couldn't cut her off very easily? Perhaps she was already distancing herself, because the reason they fell out kinda suggests that to some degree.

~
~
~
~
~

Dj Joey Joe
Member since Sep 01st 2007
13770 posts
Fri Sep-04-20 11:53 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
49. "This Reminds Me Of That Boondocks "Black Christmas Play" Episode"
In response to Reply # 0

Where Huey's white history teacher let him do a play about the real history & birth of Jesus and the teacher got fired for letting Huey run up the budget and parents got mad cause their kids wasn't participating in it at all, and in the end his white teacher got a job teaching African-American studies at a university...HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!

https://tinyurl.com/y4ba6hog

---------
"We in here talking about later career Prince records
& your fool ass is cruising around in a time machine
trying to collect props for a couple of sociopathic degenerates" - s.blak

rdhull
Charter member
33131 posts
Fri Sep-04-20 11:59 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
50. "she look like the cash me outside girl with covid...how tf ppl got foole..."
In response to Reply # 0

Amritsar
Member since Jan 18th 2008
32093 posts
Sat Sep-05-20 07:36 AM

52. "the tone of the article pisses me off too"
In response to Reply # 0

LOOK HOW WRONG I WAS CANCEL ME PLEASEEEEE

she'll be falling upward

Mynoriti
Charter member
38815 posts
Sat Sep-05-20 11:37 AM

57. "such a white girl"
In response to Reply # 52

>LOOK HOW WRONG I WAS CANCEL ME PLEASEEEEE

Teknontheou
Charter member
32709 posts
Sat Sep-05-20 02:48 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
58. "She tried to control the terms of her dragging."
In response to Reply # 52
Sat Sep-05-20 02:54 PM by Teknontheou

By anticipating everything she figured people would say in response, she was trying to end the discussion before it started. Problem is that ain't how it works.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13402478 Previous topic | Next topic