Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13401753

Subject: "Married couples, y’all still smangin?" Previous topic | Next topic
Bambino Grande
Member since Mar 14th 2019
965 posts
Sat Aug-29-20 05:26 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Married couples, y’all still smangin?"

Asking cos I’m not married and have rarely been in a relationship more than 2, maybe 3 years. Even so I wonder how all that holds up after 5+ years, are you able to get it poppin like you used to or does it become more of a.... Routine thing? I dunno if its a peaks and valleys thing or if some couples manage to have a fire sex life for 30+ years and beyond

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Kids are really the main factor that changes the frequency imho
Aug 29th 2020
yup. still getting it in.
Aug 29th 2020
Yes. Communication and trying new things is a major key, IMHO
Aug 31st 2020
Hell yeah...
Aug 31st 2020
Single folks and dating folks.. y’all still getting down?
Sep 01st 2020
I mean its a different thing after a while, no?
Sep 01st 2020
You can definitely get into a routine
Sep 01st 2020
Single, but sex with same guy for 2 years
Sep 01st 2020
      unfortunately alot of men really have no idea what women really want/
Sep 01st 2020
           Yes it takes two!
Sep 01st 2020
                chemistry is the one thing that cant be created or manipulated
Sep 01st 2020
There was an interesting study a few years back showing how cohabitation
Sep 01st 2020
Gender Stereotype, but Men are Lazy
Sep 01st 2020
We aren’t lazy.. we just enjoy the physical more than the mental
Sep 01st 2020
If men cared about the physical, female orgasms would be everywhere
Sep 01st 2020
      Nah.. cause the in and out doesn’t work for every woman
Sep 01st 2020
           In and out works for NO WOMAN, STIR THAT STICK
Sep 01st 2020
                Finding a goo partner is awesome
Sep 01st 2020
so are women, but more importantly, all couples interact differently for...
Sep 01st 2020
I think I've got this one figured out. Why it happens and how...
Sep 01st 2020
Anyone ever got *really* into Tantra?
Sep 01st 2020
No.. that’s sounds like work
Sep 01st 2020
This attitude is the problem
Sep 01st 2020
      No it isn’t. I’m not married to you.. lol
Sep 01st 2020
           Even more reason to give your wife a special weekend
Sep 01st 2020
           Lmao.. don’t put your shit on me
Sep 01st 2020
           right?
Sep 01st 2020
                Have you asked your wife?
Sep 01st 2020
                     yes. i have. we talk about everything. we are truly best friends.
Sep 01st 2020
                     A smart woman isn’t going to tell her single friend her husband
Sep 01st 2020
                          also, maybe i'm wrong about this...
Sep 01st 2020
                          Hmm.. I think married friends prolly talk about frequency
Sep 01st 2020
                          At our age, seems like the wife's single friends are the biggest threat
Sep 01st 2020
                               It’s the first rule mother’s tell their daughters when they get marr...
Sep 01st 2020
You asking the right questions. i fuck with the energy
Sep 01st 2020
That ain't none of your business.
Sep 01st 2020

thegodcam
Member since Oct 22nd 2004
41497 posts
Sat Aug-29-20 06:11 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "Kids are really the main factor that changes the frequency imho"
In response to Reply # 0

i will not let finite disappointment undermine infinite hope
- Cory Booker

Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes, and at the end the Germans always win
- Gary Lineker

tariqhu
Charter member
17893 posts
Sat Aug-29-20 11:38 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "yup. still getting it in."
In response to Reply # 0

there's no schedule. life will help decide frequency. along with health, kids, time, want.

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13575 posts
Mon Aug-31-20 08:51 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "Yes. Communication and trying new things is a major key, IMHO"
In response to Reply # 0

Even more major is what happens during non-sex time. That's where the good tension is created.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79616 posts
Mon Aug-31-20 09:13 AM

4. "Hell yeah... "
In response to Reply # 0

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

legsdiamond
79616 posts
Tue Sep-01-20 08:36 AM

5. "Single folks and dating folks.. y’all still getting down? "
In response to Reply # 0

Always think it’s hilarious when marriage and sex come up. I mean.. are people who aren’t married having a lot more sex or are they just projecting?

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Bambino Grande
965 posts
Tue Sep-01-20 08:43 AM

6. "I mean its a different thing after a while, no? "
In response to Reply # 5

In my experience it is. But I'm positive it depends too. Maybe the level of love / attraction plays a huge part (understandably / obviously if so), but being single vs. being with the same partner for years and years... Its obvious its a different energy. But in some cases I'm sure it even deepens, and thats dope

legsdiamond
79616 posts
Tue Sep-01-20 10:44 AM

11. "You can definitely get into a routine"
In response to Reply # 6

and go on cruise control

but I think that happens with any relationship. It’s exciting in the beginning but once you’ve been around each other for a while... it can happen before you know it.

Really, I think it comes down to communication. A lot of times people don’t communicate what they like and don’t like or knew things they want to try.

age is really the biggest hurdle. The older you get the less likely you are to get it in as much because you have more shit to do on a daily basis.

Mori
Charter member
3528 posts
Tue Sep-01-20 10:24 AM

9. "Single, but sex with same guy for 2 years"
In response to Reply # 5

I find it definitely gets better with one partner who wants both to enjoy sex. I find that he sometimes gets lazier and expects me to please him more and I have to set up "the talk". That is probably the biggest turn off.

Even when I was dating and having casual sex, I ended up with men who wanted me to come to their house, be sexy, give them head and all for about 30 minutes of dicking. That's when I decided on one guy who was at last half way invested in my pleasure. But even with him, I have to remind him when I feel like the balance is off. Note, I am dating men over 40 who have MUCH less stamina.

I think men in hetereo relationships are unaware of how self serving they can be. I used to just dump them and move on. But when I found that most of the men are like this, I learned to speak up more. I just thought men would want to please me in the bedroom. That is not the case.

Rise & Shine
Thrive & Grind
Heart & Mind

mikediggz
Member since Dec 02nd 2003
10145 posts
Tue Sep-01-20 11:34 AM

23. "unfortunately alot of men really have no idea what women really want/"
In response to Reply # 9

need in the bedroom. they think they do...lots of guys think the harder the better or other generalizations by default but beyond that they are lost lol. and unfortunately sex/lovemaking is one of those things where u kinda got it or u dont. sure enough people can learn or be taught, but they have to have the capacity to really pick up on the lesson and they have to want to be invested. couple a challenged lover with laziness and its all bad. as a guy who goes the extra mile there is nothing that turns me off more than a lazy woman in the bedroom so i feel u. ive always taken pride in knowing that my woman is satisfied plus i aint never been down with BDRs too tuff lol.

>I find it definitely gets better with one partner who wants
>both to enjoy sex. I find that he sometimes gets lazier and
>expects me to please him more and I have to set up "the talk".
>That is probably the biggest turn off.
>
>Even when I was dating and having casual sex, I ended up with
>men who wanted me to come to their house, be sexy, give them
>head and all for about 30 minutes of dicking. That's when I
>decided on one guy who was at last half way invested in my
>pleasure. But even with him, I have to remind him when I feel
>like the balance is off. Note, I am dating men over 40 who
>have MUCH less stamina.
>
>I think men in hetereo relationships are unaware of how self
>serving they can be. I used to just dump them and move on. But
>when I found that most of the men are like this, I learned to
>speak up more. I just thought men would want to please me in
>the bedroom. That is not the case.

Mori
Charter member
3528 posts
Tue Sep-01-20 12:12 PM

28. "Yes it takes two! "
In response to Reply # 23

I shouldn't just blame the men. Though, I have had over 40 partners. I am not proud to admit but I have sex with so many men, never a woman.

I can say 10 of the 40 were amazing, even if it was a casual no strings attached thing. A man's love for me had no bearing on his sexual compatibility or my sexual pleasure. I found this to be a huge disappointment in my romantic life. I had amazing partners who were incompatible in bed.

Like I said, it feels wonderful to finally have consistently good sex with a normal person. I don't believe there is a formula. It is more of an energy. I have no desire to be with another man for the first time in years because sex between us is very connected and consistent. It matters to me for long term love.

Rise & Shine
Thrive & Grind
Heart & Mind

mikediggz
Member since Dec 02nd 2003
10145 posts
Tue Sep-01-20 12:44 PM

29. "chemistry is the one thing that cant be created or manipulated"
In response to Reply # 28

it just is what it is and IMO it is the single most important thing when it comes to intimacy. and it has absolutely nothing to do with the length or seriousness of the relationship. good chemistry leads to magic.

>I can say 10 of the 40 were amazing, even if it was a casual
>no strings attached thing. A man's love for me had no bearing
>on his sexual compatibility or my sexual pleasure. I found
>this to be a huge disappointment in my romantic life. I had
>amazing partners who were incompatible in bed.

I don't believe there is a formula. It is more of an energy.

lonesome_d
Charter member
30443 posts
Tue Sep-01-20 10:00 AM

7. "There was an interesting study a few years back showing how cohabitation"
In response to Reply # 0

has a more negative effect on women's sexual desire/drive than on men's.

https://www.newsweek.com/moving-boyfriend-kill-sex-drive-study-665071

Anecdotally, I don't know any man my age (late 40s) who has as much sex with his wife as he'd like. Some of that may be bluster, but it's definitely easy as a week goes by, or two or three or sometimes more, to get to feeling like 'we never have sex any more!' and making it a problem.

A few years ago I was definitely feeling that way, so I started actually keeping track of our sex life by noting it in my phone. Turns out it wasn't as bad as I thought (even though still not as often as I'd prefer).

-------
so I'm in a band now:
album ---> http://greenwoodburns.bandcamp.com/releases
Soundcloud ---> http://soundcloud.com/greenwood-burns

my own stuff -->http://soundcloud.com/lonesomedstringband

avy by buckshot_defunct

Mori
Charter member
3528 posts
Tue Sep-01-20 10:30 AM

10. "Gender Stereotype, but Men are Lazy"
In response to Reply # 7

I anecdotally ask my women friends married and single, and most say they have to do all the work in gearing up the man for romance. It gets exhausting, disappointing and ultimately they all lose interest. Women need more than a hard dick to get ready.

I like sex a lot so I find the sexy soundtracks, outfits, dirty talk and fantasies for my partner. But he gives m lots of pleasure. I know that for many men I have met, no matter how attractive, successful or smart, if they are lazy in the bedroom, I am just completely turned off. I can't imagine being married to someone like this. I can see why women turn off. It is so much work on our part.

Maybe non hetereo couples can speak to something different.

Rise & Shine
Thrive & Grind
Heart & Mind

legsdiamond
79616 posts
Tue Sep-01-20 10:53 AM

12. "We aren’t lazy.. we just enjoy the physical more than the mental"
In response to Reply # 10

Women are moving targets too

You want it sexy, rough, slow, verbally.. but at different times and men are supposed to just know exactly which way you want it because... why not?

I’m generalizing of course.. but y’all know who we are and how we operate when you start having sex with us. Speak up, let a nigga know what’s good. Don’t tell your friends.. tell your mate.

Mori
Charter member
3528 posts
Tue Sep-01-20 11:06 AM

15. "If men cared about the physical, female orgasms would be everywhere"
In response to Reply # 12

If men were so into the physical, then every woman would be squirting, WAP-ing and screaming about multiple orgasms.

Most men get familiar and forget about women's pleasure, even in long term, loving relationships. I agree, women need to speak up.

Any tips on speaking up without offending a man's ego?

Rise & Shine
Thrive & Grind
Heart & Mind

legsdiamond
79616 posts
Tue Sep-01-20 11:18 AM

17. "Nah.. cause the in and out doesn’t work for every woman"
In response to Reply # 15

That’s what I mean by a moving target.

I think sitting a man down before or after sex is a bad idea.. lol.

Either have that convo on a random day or hell.. I enjoy being talked to while we are engaged. I don’t want to be bosses around but if I’m in the right spot, lemme know, if it’s too fast or slow... let me know.

I think most men are ok with verbal commands but if it comes with attitude it can make a dude feel some type of way.

The worst tho is after it’s over and hearing they wished you would’ve done less of this or more of that. Happened once in college and I appreciated the info but at the same time I felt bad cause I would’ve done what you needed if you spoke on it. Don’t assume I wouldn’t listen or care and then go back and tell your GF’s what you should’ve said to me unless you want your GF’s to break you off.

Mori
Charter member
3528 posts
Tue Sep-01-20 11:24 AM

19. "In and out works for NO WOMAN, STIR THAT STICK"
In response to Reply # 17

I am shocked that men are cool with such bland sex. Women have G spots, A spots, clitoral orgasms, oral orgasms, nipple orgasms. So much to explore.

I have sworn off bad sex after the age of 35. I tolerated men who were happy with 7-11, convenient sex.

I realize that men need more coaching than I am willing to offer. I am happy I have finally found someone who makes me happy sexually and emotionally. I don't want to lose him so I am open to all suggestions to keep our relationship on the right track.

Rise & Shine
Thrive & Grind
Heart & Mind

legsdiamond
79616 posts
Tue Sep-01-20 11:53 AM

27. "Finding a goo partner is awesome"
In response to Reply # 19

lonesome_d
Charter member
30443 posts
Tue Sep-01-20 02:00 PM

32. "so are women, but more importantly, all couples interact differently for..."
In response to Reply # 10

Unscientifically, I think we can generalize that most men are easily engaged in sex and come relatively easily compared to most women. They generally don't require much work in order to climax.

There are women who are easy to please. God bless them. They are wonderful, even when they'r'e lazy, because they make us feel like super studs.
But there are also all kinds of other women, ranging from women who don't really know what pleases them to women who have no idea if they're even capable of having an orgasm to women who only come with one specific position or who require a certain amount of time or a certain type of foreplay.
And on top of that, every couple fits together differently. I don't consider myself a casanova but I had one lover who had never been able to come during intercourse... something about the way we fit together was different though. I've probably had the opposite extreme for a partner too.

>I anecdotally ask my women friends married and single, and
>most say they have to do all the work in gearing up the man
>for romance.

For every one of your woman friends who feels that way I know a guy who cooks a steak dinner, compliments her, does the dishes, puts the kids to bed and then rubs her feet while sitting through some romcom or network true crime show, only to have her fall asleep on the couch. I'm one of them.

Despite that, we work OK together sexually because the pattern works and we understand the way her body works. It's not as frequent as I would really prefer, but if we had sex every day, maybe even every week, she wouldn't come 90% of the time, no matter how much I put into it, and sex is much much much better when we both come.

Regarding your comment about how older men have much less stamina, I think that's not necessarily true. The older we get, the finer the line gets between being overly sensitive (ie when we haven't had sex in three weeks) and not ready to perform well... so figuring out

-when to relieve our own tension in order not to come too fast when the opportunity for sex arises
-but not to relieve our own tension in too close proximity to when the opportunity arises, so we can still perform for her and come ourselves

can be an important part of figuring out how your mature relationship can work successfully.

-------
so I'm in a band now:
album ---> http://greenwoodburns.bandcamp.com/releases
Soundcloud ---> http://soundcloud.com/greenwood-burns

my own stuff -->http://soundcloud.com/lonesomedstringband

avy by buckshot_defunct

flipnile
13575 posts
Tue Sep-01-20 01:14 PM

30. "I think I've got this one figured out. Why it happens and how..."
In response to Reply # 7

...to *not* let it happen.

Bambino Grande
965 posts
Tue Sep-01-20 10:17 AM

8. "Anyone ever got *really* into Tantra?"
In response to Reply # 0

Synchronized breathing, presence, ejaculation control, alla that

Like for real for real?

Maybe thats something too, it just seems like the dedication is never really there for more than a week or so lol

legsdiamond
79616 posts
Tue Sep-01-20 10:54 AM

13. "No.. that’s sounds like work"
In response to Reply # 8

slow love is cool tho

but we aren’t trying to have 3 hours of sex at our age. We got shit to do.

Mori
Charter member
3528 posts
Tue Sep-01-20 11:11 AM

16. "This attitude is the problem"
In response to Reply # 13

I think at least one a month, a couple should have slow, loving connected, tantric sex.

Fast, quick mindless humping can wear down on a woman's sense of value. I recognize men can hump a tree and feel good.

I dated a bunch of guys who wanted a quick nut. Then I found a man who was slow, patient and set aside time for our sex life. We have amazing sex and we both acknowledge that patient, sex weekends work best for us. We arrange child care and have fun. Grown folk sex, I guess!

Rise & Shine
Thrive & Grind
Heart & Mind

legsdiamond
79616 posts
Tue Sep-01-20 11:22 AM

18. "No it isn’t. I’m not married to you.. lol"
In response to Reply # 16

My wife teaches from home and watches 2 kids under 5. I’ll do whatever she wants in the bedroom.

Stop projecting your frustration with your dudes onto me.

Mori
Charter member
3528 posts
Tue Sep-01-20 11:27 AM

20. "Even more reason to give your wife a special weekend"
In response to Reply # 18

You act like sex with her is an additional task to add on to her already overwhelmed schedule.

Men, you never cease to amaze me with how self absorbed you are as a species. You didn't say that "WE" are raising and teaching two kids. She should enter your bedroom with the expectation that her husband knows her well enough to give her all the pleasure in the world, not offer her another task.

Spoil your woman. Learn your woman. Please your woman.

Neva mind!

Rise & Shine
Thrive & Grind
Heart & Mind

legsdiamond
79616 posts
Tue Sep-01-20 11:49 AM

26. "Lmao.. don’t put your shit on me "
In response to Reply # 20

We are good over here.

PROMO
Charter member
30977 posts
Tue Sep-01-20 11:27 AM

21. "right? "
In response to Reply # 18

my wife trying to get her nut too and go to bed happy.

ain't no one trying to be up all night until they can inhale each other's chakras.

every couple has their own kind of connection.

Mori
Charter member
3528 posts
Tue Sep-01-20 11:31 AM

22. "Have you asked your wife? "
In response to Reply # 21

I know many divorced men who assumed all was good at home and in the bedroom.

I talk to married woman. No I am not married. But so many of my married female friends complain about their husbands lack of sensuality in the bedroom.

I am just saying give your woman a little space to feel cared for, loved down and slow down. Nothing wrong with a husband setting up a romantic weekend once in a while.

Rise & Shine
Thrive & Grind
Heart & Mind

PROMO
Charter member
30977 posts
Tue Sep-01-20 11:47 AM

25. "yes. i have. we talk about everything. we are truly best friends."
In response to Reply # 22

she's extremely practical.

like i said, every couple is different. shit, every woman and man are different.

legsdiamond
79616 posts
Tue Sep-01-20 01:32 PM

31. "A smart woman isn’t going to tell her single friend her husband"
In response to Reply # 22

knows how to put it down in the bedroom.

Not implying anything..

but when married friends get together they tend to dogpile a bit and who wants to be that one friend who says “our relationship and sex life is awesome”

Oh really? Go on.. tell me more.

PROMO
Charter member
30977 posts
Tue Sep-01-20 02:10 PM

33. "also, maybe i'm wrong about this..."
In response to Reply # 31
Tue Sep-01-20 02:12 PM by PROMO

but i feel like most grown people hit an age/maturity/whatever where you don't tell your friends about your sex life and they don't ask.

i'm not saying you couldn't go to a close friend for advice or something if there were issues, but to just sit around in a circle and cackle about who's slangin' the D or who got that wet wet just seems like some wild young shit. i mean, i did that shit when i was young so i'm not judging, just saying. i couldn't picture myself NOW talking to a group of homies about how i fuck my wife.

that's just me though.

legsdiamond
79616 posts
Tue Sep-01-20 02:38 PM

35. "Hmm.. I think married friends prolly talk about frequency"
In response to Reply # 33

or lack there of...

but yeah... maybe it’s something women still do. Most dudes aren’t talking about what their wives do in bed.

flipnile
13575 posts
Tue Sep-01-20 02:16 PM

34. "At our age, seems like the wife's single friends are the biggest threat"
In response to Reply # 31

Maybe at any age. They always seem like they get a little cozy.

Remember one years ago that used to hang out at the crib, I came downstairs and said "hey, beautiful..." and both her and my lady turned around and said "huh?" I wasn't even doing nothing.

legsdiamond
79616 posts
Tue Sep-01-20 02:58 PM

36. "It’s the first rule mother’s tell their daughters when they get marr..."
In response to Reply # 34

“Don’t ever tell your women friends how good your husband is in the bedroom”

Brotha Sun
Member since Dec 31st 2009
6778 posts
Tue Sep-01-20 11:36 AM

24. "You asking the right questions. i fuck with the energy"
In response to Reply # 8

I've implemented it a few times. Its hard to consistently find partners that are into it but its def on the menu

"They used to call me Baby Luke....but now? The whole damn 2 Liiiive Crew."

PROMO
Charter member
30977 posts
Tue Sep-01-20 10:56 AM

14. "That ain't none of your business."
In response to Reply # 0

but, yes, we still smash.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13401753 Previous topic | Next topic