Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13399413

Subject: "Anyone have Sonos? I’m looking at Sonos Beam" Previous topic | Next topic
legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79586 posts
Fri Aug-14-20 12:19 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Anyone have Sonos? I’m looking at Sonos Beam"

The ability to add more wireless speakers is attractive.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I only have the Sonos Move
Aug 14th 2020
I have the Beam, 1, 3, and 5 and I really like them
Aug 14th 2020
Yeah.. adding to it is what makes it appealing
Aug 14th 2020
      Look at Costco. I got my Beam and 5 from Costco
Aug 14th 2020
was looking at one yesterday for dialogue
Aug 14th 2020
Welp. I settled on a Polk Signa2
Aug 17th 2020
nice, i like polk
Aug 17th 2020
Yeah. I just couldn’t justify spending $700 on a system right now
Aug 17th 2020
      audio gear is an addiction
Aug 17th 2020
           Yeah. I’m going to play with it for a few days and see.
Aug 17th 2020
I've had my Polk SW10 for 8 years... it still bumps..
Aug 17th 2020

sectachrome86
Member since Dec 22nd 2007
2729 posts
Fri Aug-14-20 01:12 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I only have the Sonos Move"
In response to Reply # 0

It's dope though. I mostly use Airplay 2 with it. I would consider the Arc if I needed to replace my soundbar.

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.soundcloud.com/sectachrome

calij81
Member since Jan 17th 2007
13928 posts
Fri Aug-14-20 01:25 PM

2. "I have the Beam, 1, 3, and 5 and I really like them"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Aug-14-20 01:32 PM by calij81

I really like the Beam. The design is nice and the sound quality is great, especially at that price point. I actually like the design of all the Sonos speakers.

Adding more speakers is easy and seamless. On the weekends I will play music through the Beam, 3, and 5 for a nice surround sound. The 1 is in my daughters room, she is almost 3 so I will play her music on the 1 while playing my music in the rest of the house.

I have the Beam on the TV, the 3 is for the living room and the 5 is in the dining room/facing the kitchen. My place is open floor concept for the living room and dining room just flow into one space

I also really like the Sonos app. It is easy to use and I like how it is able to interface with Spotify, Pandora, and Amazon Music.

I know Sonos can be a bit pricey but in my mind it is well worth it.

legsdiamond
79586 posts
Fri Aug-14-20 02:16 PM

4. "Yeah.. adding to it is what makes it appealing"
In response to Reply # 2

My boy was staying at a friends house and the system was bumping. When I finally said something about the sound quality he cracked up because he was waiting for me to speak on it.

This was years ago and it was an NFL players house so I didn’t even bother to look at the price point.

A lot of these systems have surround speakers but they are wired.

I’ll prolly start with the beam and build out from there.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

calij81
Member since Jan 17th 2007
13928 posts
Fri Aug-14-20 02:47 PM

5. "Look at Costco. I got my Beam and 5 from Costco "
In response to Reply # 4

I believe they have a combo set of two Sonos 1s available as a packaged deal.

Last time I was in my Costco they didn’t have the Beam but they had the Sonos Sound Bar. It’s a bit more than the Beam and it is bigger. I like the design of the Beam better than the sounds bar but that’s just an aesthetic thing. The sound quality is probably better in the sound bar than the Beam.

Yeah, start with one and build out. No wires needed to connect them and it is very easy to add more as you buy them. No need to pay for someone to set them up, the app will wall you through setup.

seasoned vet
Member since Jul 29th 2008
6025 posts
Fri Aug-14-20 01:30 PM

3. "was looking at one yesterday for dialogue"
In response to Reply # 0

legsdiamond
79586 posts
Mon Aug-17-20 10:05 AM

6. "Welp. I settled on a Polk Signa2"
In response to Reply # 0

It’s cheap, its 2.1... it’s not surround sound but I also have 2 little ones so no real point in having some thundering system that I can’t use after 8PM.

Just couldn’t justify spending that much on a system right now.

It gets the job done for my 1500 sq ft house. Kids watched Moana last night and sang louder than ever and used a guitar as a boat paddle.

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16414 posts
Mon Aug-17-20 10:16 AM

7. "nice, i like polk"
In response to Reply # 6

i think theyre good value.

i kind of want some wireless speakers i can use with my AVR but each time i see the price im like noooooope.

legsdiamond
79586 posts
Mon Aug-17-20 11:57 AM

8. "Yeah. I just couldn’t justify spending $700 on a system right now"
In response to Reply # 7

It fills the room which is what I wanted

For $200 it sounded better than all the other systems at Best Buy besides Sonos and Bose.

Part of me wants to return it tho..lol. There is a Yamaha system that’s $300 that was pretty impressive.

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16414 posts
Mon Aug-17-20 12:14 PM

10. "audio gear is an addiction"
In response to Reply # 8

ive never listened to yamaha but i know they make good stuff. if it doesnt have more features and you like how the polk sounds then might not be worth spending more money.

on the other hand...

https://d4804za1f1gw.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/34/2019/07/09154745/treat-yo-self-300x199.jpg

legsdiamond
79586 posts
Mon Aug-17-20 12:34 PM

11. "Yeah. I’m going to play with it for a few days and see. "
In response to Reply # 10

Made sure to keep the box so I can return it if I change my mind.

That Yamaha sounded nice but that’s the thing about these sound bars. They always sound great when they are at max level in big box stores.

jimi
Charter member
4614 posts
Mon Aug-17-20 12:05 PM

9. "I've had my Polk SW10 for 8 years... it still bumps.. "
In response to Reply # 6

I should check out their sound bars to match it up..

Lobby General Discussion topic #13399413 Previous topic | Next topic