Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13398788

Subject: "** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **" Previous topic | Next topic
Geah
Member since Feb 16th 2007
48407 posts
Wed Aug-12-20 03:26 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"

Zzz

@geahuwine

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Aug 12th 2020
Today is the 1 year anniversary of my mom passing
Aug 12th 2020
blessings, fam.
Aug 12th 2020
peace, man
Aug 12th 2020
This refi is pissing me off
Aug 12th 2020
Suddenly houses in "boring" places are much better than shoebox...
Aug 12th 2020
Yeah.. makes no sense to pay that much if you can’t enjoy the city
Aug 12th 2020
pretty much
Aug 12th 2020
Never*
Aug 12th 2020
i've gotten into vintage thrifting and now i wanna quit my job and do th...
Aug 12th 2020
My SO does this. Sales almost every day.
Aug 12th 2020
      i copped my first items on Monday on my day off.
Aug 12th 2020
i wish i never started upgrading the sound in my car
Aug 12th 2020
I would find a new shop
Aug 12th 2020
      im so ready to
Aug 13th 2020
i went with a childhood friend to pick up her bro who got outta prison.
Aug 12th 2020
can you imagine going in in like 2000 and coming out now?
Aug 12th 2020
      its gotta be a crazy feeling.
Aug 12th 2020
Folks are angry.
Aug 12th 2020
lol ok
Aug 12th 2020
      The world doesn't seem angrier to you?
Aug 12th 2020
           I read a story about 2 men at a gas station looking at each other
Aug 12th 2020
           I spent half a day with my coworkers today
Aug 12th 2020
           oh absolutely
Aug 12th 2020
                Oh, nah, folks are just angry
Aug 12th 2020
                     ’80s Afro-Punks Fishbone are reforming for new political LP with Fat M...
Aug 13th 2020
                          Nice. I've been dipping into the youths
Aug 13th 2020
I bought some olympic rings
Aug 12th 2020
I signed for weight watchers with my wife
Aug 12th 2020
people can change, right?
Aug 12th 2020
i witnessed a minor crash on my way to work yesterday morning
Aug 13th 2020

thegodcam
Member since Oct 22nd 2004
41497 posts
Wed Aug-12-20 09:16 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "."
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Aug-12-20 09:17 AM by thegodcam

i will not let finite disappointment undermine infinite hope
- Cory Booker

Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes, and at the end the Germans always win
- Gary Lineker

walihorse
Member since Aug 03rd 2006
16125 posts
Wed Aug-12-20 09:32 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Today is the 1 year anniversary of my mom passing"
In response to Reply # 0

Boy what a crazy year. Half of it has been nothing but corona related, plus trump and his bullshit.

I'm definitely glad, I was able to be with her during her last moments. I don't know how I would have handled not being allowed because of covid.

I'm definitely having some sort of depression like feelings in the last 366 days. it's more acute recently. I think I'm ready to start therapy to coup with everything.

only good news came yesterday with Kamala being picked. I am looking forward to voting.

If a fat guy falls in the woods and there is no one around to see it, do the trees laugh?

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Wed Aug-12-20 10:05 AM

3. "blessings, fam."
In response to Reply # 2

hold tight.

IG: amadu_me

"...Whateva, man..." (c) Redman

Mynoriti
Charter member
38818 posts
Wed Aug-12-20 11:21 AM

5. "peace, man"
In response to Reply # 2

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79610 posts
Wed Aug-12-20 11:16 AM

4. "This refi is pissing me off"
In response to Reply # 0

Woman keeps calling and asking for shit she already has..

Apparently everyone is refinancing and buying houses.

Meber thought a pandemic would create a housing shortage. Shit is weird.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13575 posts
Wed Aug-12-20 11:30 AM

7. "Suddenly houses in "boring" places are much better than shoebox..."
In response to Reply # 4
Wed Aug-12-20 11:36 AM by flipnile

...apartments in trendy, expensive areas.

Wealthy New Yorkers (folks that OWN apartments there) are selling out and moving to Jersey in pretty-high numbers. If folks are gonna be stuck at home, they rather a yard and rooms rather than someone stomping around in the apartment over them.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/29/these-new-yorkers-fleeing-coronavirus-vow-theyll-never-return/

>Meber thought a pandemic would create a housing shortage. Shit
>is weird.

legsdiamond
79610 posts
Wed Aug-12-20 11:54 AM

11. "Yeah.. makes no sense to pay that much if you can’t enjoy the city "
In response to Reply # 7

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Crash Bandacoot
Member since May 13th 2003
10119 posts
Wed Aug-12-20 02:05 PM

19. "pretty much"
In response to Reply # 7
Wed Aug-12-20 02:06 PM by Crash Bandacoot

just bought a house in savannah, getting up out of DC for a minute

legsdiamond
79610 posts
Wed Aug-12-20 11:52 AM

10. "Never*"
In response to Reply # 4

PROMO
Charter member
30973 posts
Wed Aug-12-20 11:29 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "i've gotten into vintage thrifting and now i wanna quit my job and do th..."
In response to Reply # 0

which, maybe i could do one day if it really took off somehow...but i wanna do it today, lol.

back to these spread sheets.

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13575 posts
Wed Aug-12-20 11:38 AM

8. "My SO does this. Sales almost every day."
In response to Reply # 6

She only does women's vintage tho. The men's vintage (or modern and dope) market is wide open.

Good fortune to you, bro.

PROMO
Charter member
30973 posts
Wed Aug-12-20 11:43 AM

9. "i copped my first items on Monday on my day off."
In response to Reply # 8
Wed Aug-12-20 11:47 AM by PROMO

got some good shit.

then yesterday at work i'm like, seeing what thrift shops are on the way home. stopped and found a couple good t-shirts.

i mean, i've got years and years digging for records so i feel like this is just a natural extension of that.

i steer clear of the women's sections unless i just see some OBVIOUS shit cuz i don't really know what sells.

men's vintage clothing and collectibles i understand (though still have a shit ton to learn, no doubt).

thanks for the well-wishes.

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16414 posts
Wed Aug-12-20 12:08 PM

12. "i wish i never started upgrading the sound in my car"
In response to Reply # 0

ive been with pretty bad sound for over a month and no sound for the last week.

shop was saying my car outputs a digital signal and they needed to convert to analog and i dont know what. had to wait a month for a part to come in. they finally installed it friday. it was a dsp. sounds cool but its a cheap looking one that stopped working saturday morning.

the sound was admittedly really good when it worked. i went ahead and pulled the stereo so i could see if it worked if i just unplugged and replugged it in. it did...but now the front left speaker had no audio. i swapped the RCAs on the amp for the front speakers and the sound came back to the left but now the right didnt have sound. so possibly a connection behind the stereo, or maybe even the dsp. i went ahead and set the right front to mute and figured at least having the rear speakers would be better than nothing until i could take it back in.

i put everything back in and turn the car and off a few times to make sure i still had sound. needed to drive somewhere a couple of hours later and i decided to swap the rear RCAs to the front, that should get me sound in the front right? nope, no sound anywhere. DSP dead again. lol

didnt have time to pull it out again. i dont know if swapping the RCAs somehow made the DSP fail.

shop is telling me they called support and they realized they hadnt programmed the DSP for my car so that should fix it. going back later today. i really hope it works. im not going to even connect to the DSP if they get it working. if it fails again im probably going to ask them to swap the DSP for an LC7 as we were initially going to do and move on from that shop.

to this point i have bought new front speakers, two sets of rear speakers, a sub, 2 4 channels amps one mono amp and the dsp. paid to install the amps twice. 2 different shops.

i just wanted more bass. if i could turn back time i would go to a whole different shop and probably just add a sub and leave the factory speakers.

legsdiamond
79610 posts
Wed Aug-12-20 01:38 PM

15. "I would find a new shop"
In response to Reply # 12

I used to have issues with my VW and finally stopped using the dealership. Only reason I used them was for warranty shit but they never fixed the problems. Just created new ones.

Found a new independent shop that deals specifically with Euro cars and uses better parts and now I enjoy this car.

mista k5
16414 posts
Thu Aug-13-20 09:58 AM

29. "im so ready to"
In response to Reply # 15

i just spent $200 on the DSP which i might not need so i want to get the money back or swapped for a part i do need before i go somewhere else.

i MIGHT be okay though.

i went back yesterday, dude couldnt connect to it and was on hold with tech support for like an hour. he finally decided he was going to need to pull the DSP to program it. i could tell he wasnt about to do it right then so i said cool im going home call me when youre done.

when he called back he told me he couldnt get it to work. that they were sending a replacement DSP. he had reset the one that was installed and installed a second one they had in stock. both times they would get "fried" when he put the car in drive. tech support said they supported up to 2017 version of my car, mines a 2018. that there is one wire (speed sensing) that changed and that could be causing the problem. he was planning to bypass it once they got the new part in.

i got dude to agree that swapping to an LC7 might be worthwhile and something they could try. he had to check with the boss though.

i went home and decided to disconnect the battery and reconnect it hoping it would reset the DSP. i remembered when i had previously connected to the DSP before it stopped working i did assign my car to it but the 2017 one since there was no 2018 option. i figured maybe if i swap it to generic it will work. when i turned the car on it did connect to it, it was already set to generic. i had sound, i put it in drive and it still worked. i had gotten that far on sunday and it failed when i came back so who knows if it would work today. it did. sooo im not going to mess with it anymore. if it keeps working then cool. if it does fail again then i think i am going to push to just swap to the LC7 instead of the replacement DSP.

big chance i messed it up on saturday by setting it to the 2017 version lol not sure why dude couldnt get it working though.

Reeq
Member since Mar 11th 2013
16347 posts
Wed Aug-12-20 01:20 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
13. "i went with a childhood friend to pick up her bro who got outta prison."
In response to Reply # 0

someone who i grew up with started working at my sisters job so we have been in touch lately.

her bro got released from prison after being locked up when we were younger. they bussed him to a halfway house and we thought itd be good for him just to see some familiar faces and drive around to pick him up some things.

she let him know who i was ahead of time...cuz i obviously look different now.

when we got there...one of the first things he asked me is if im still playing tennis.

i stopped playing tennis when i was like 17.

im in my 40s now.

that shit really put everything into perspective.

CherNic
Member since Aug 18th 2005
37156 posts
Wed Aug-12-20 01:23 PM

14. "can you imagine going in in like 2000 and coming out now?"
In response to Reply # 13

In 2000 we didn't even have ipods let alone the phones, social media, Starbucks on every corner, etc. It would be beyond a shellshock

Reeq
Member since Mar 11th 2013
16347 posts
Wed Aug-12-20 01:46 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
16. "its gotta be a crazy feeling."
In response to Reply # 14

when i used to go my hometown or college after being away for a while...just seeing new buildings, stores, highways, etc is pretty jarring.

i couldnt even imagine if the entire world was different.

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Wed Aug-12-20 02:03 PM

17. "Folks are angry. "
In response to Reply # 0

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

Crash Bandacoot
10119 posts
Wed Aug-12-20 02:04 PM

18. "lol ok"
In response to Reply # 17

>

MEAT
22257 posts
Wed Aug-12-20 03:01 PM

20. "The world doesn't seem angrier to you?"
In response to Reply # 18

------

legsdiamond
79610 posts
Wed Aug-12-20 03:06 PM

21. "I read a story about 2 men at a gas station looking at each other "
In response to Reply # 20

and ended with one shooting the other.

All because of they way they looked at each other.

People are on edge.

MEAT
22257 posts
Wed Aug-12-20 03:11 PM

22. "I spent half a day with my coworkers today"
In response to Reply # 21

And all they wanted to do was vent about shit. Like I'm not out in this warehouse to be your therapy homeboy.

Had a good friend yesterday text me about the "Kamala okey doke" and in my head I couldn't help but think "all the things going on in the world and you're big mad enough to text me out of the blue about some VP shit."

I didn't type that, but I sure as hell was thinking it.

Everyone is just so angry right now.

------

Crash Bandacoot
10119 posts
Wed Aug-12-20 03:23 PM

24. "oh absolutely"
In response to Reply # 20

i really think we haven't seen sh*t yet. just thought you were
referring to something specific but with little explanation.

MEAT
22257 posts
Wed Aug-12-20 03:27 PM

25. "Oh, nah, folks are just angry"
In response to Reply # 24

I do a good job at partitioning out my life. Or I used to. I have friends for x, pinterest for y, twitter for z, okp for whatever ... and so on and so on.

And then COVID hit. And everything thing became COVID. And then the protests started and everything became RACE.

And now everything is just folks big mad about something. Everything is just so destructive at the moment. Seems like a great time for a "punk never died" session, but who the fuck feels like rocking out in their house solo.

------

vik
Charter member
13505 posts
Thu Aug-13-20 03:13 AM

28. "’80s Afro-Punks Fishbone are reforming for new political LP with Fat M..."
In response to Reply # 25

https://www.altpress.com/features/fishbone-reformed-fat-mike-producing-new-album/?fbclid=IwAR1tFXwu4zKfkneJ48LJhGz-6gxHbptbPZU3547U-UIL2kWLj89jxVAVQf0

>And now everything is just folks big mad about something.
>Everything is just so destructive at the moment. Seems like a
>great time for a "punk never died" session, but who the fuck
>feels like rocking out in their house solo.

---

But hell, what do I know?

MEAT
22257 posts
Thu Aug-13-20 10:02 AM

30. "Nice. I've been dipping into the youths"
In response to Reply # 28

Radkey and Downtown Boys are my current punk go tos

------

MEAT
22257 posts
Wed Aug-12-20 03:18 PM

23. "I bought some olympic rings"
In response to Reply # 0

I need to slim up. My body can't handle this weight without getting my core into more solid shape and sitting in a house all day does not help at all.

But I dropped 4 lbs since I started working out again last week. My goal is to get down to 160, see how that looks and feels and decide what to do from there. At that weight I'll have shed most fat and I can either bulk up or stay skinny.

And the reduced weight will help me on the bike with my watt to kg ratio.

------

legsdiamond
79610 posts
Wed Aug-12-20 03:47 PM

26. "I signed for weight watchers with my wife"
In response to Reply # 23

She kept talking about doing it but wouldn’t pull the trigger so I joined with her.

She doesn’t dance as much since Covid and wants to shed weight. 2 kids in 4 years is tough on a woman’s body.

I would like to lose 15 to 20 pounds. Looking at the points and the French Fries at lunch are terrible. I cut those out.

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Wed Aug-12-20 08:54 PM

27. "people can change, right? "
In response to Reply # 0

these last few days I realize how cold the world is becoming. I pray to god I’m not judged on shit I’ve done in my youth.

I think my mother is grieving my dad. She’s been mean as shit lately. I cried, but I had to tell her she’s scaring me. I know she misses him...

I wasn’t a little Kim fan neither.
not because of the raunchiness
just not good lyrically imo

Megan something different tho...

mista k5
16414 posts
Thu Aug-13-20 10:37 AM

31. "i witnessed a minor crash on my way to work yesterday morning"
In response to Reply # 0

im still trying to understand how it happened.

there were two cars in front of me going in the same direction. the one in the front was the same as what someone at work drives. i was hoping it was them so they could get off to open the gate instead of me lol

i dont remember if they used a turn signal or just the movement of the car made me think they were about to make a left into a parking lot. i just know i realized they were. the car behind them then suddenly took a left as well but more of in a diagonal instead of an actual left. not sure if they were going to park on the side walk, lots of cars on that street do that. so car behind ended up hitting the front car on the back left tire area. it looked like they both tried to enter into the same drive way at the same time.

the car behind came to a quick controlled stopped on the left but the right one slowly went to the right side of the street. didnt seem deliberate. the guy in the car behind came out quickly with a combined expression of oh my god im sorry and wtf where you doing??? the other drive didnt come out. i couldnt tell if they were knocked out as i passed by but they were sitting back.

i considered stopping but there were a lot of other people around so i hope they helped if needed. i do feel kinda bad for not stopping. car behind me passed me as i slowed down.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13398788 Previous topic | Next topic