Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13398214

Subject: "dc violence" Previous topic | Next topic
Crash Bandacoot
Member since May 13th 2003
10119 posts
Sun Aug-09-20 09:23 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"dc violence"
Sun Aug-09-20 09:35 AM by Crash Bandacoot

the shooting at the block party is really troubling, est 80 people injured with semi automatic(s). that's some evil sh*t. i saw the party advertisement on instagram, free liquor and food. i grew up not too far from there, one of the few locations that hasn't been gentrified yet. whoever did that is evil, I hope they find them quickly.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
20 people harmed, 1 fatality. but that's still nuts, prayers up
Aug 09th 2020
it is 20, my bad
Aug 09th 2020
Rise in violent crime across the country
Aug 09th 2020
This certainly plays well when it comes to defunding police
Aug 09th 2020
I'm in Chicago, get your crime rate up, son.
Aug 09th 2020
This shit is so wild to me man
Aug 10th 2020
Searched Chicago news and found this downtown "looting" story...
Aug 10th 2020
Nah, no thanks.We will keep our crime rate down, thanks.
Aug 11th 2020
Shootings are way up in Philadelphia.
Aug 10th 2020
damn. Slow police response is a commonality I'm seeing in this too
Aug 10th 2020
      This is something I'm hearing here in Philly too. Slow/no response.
Aug 11th 2020
How are things where you live, OkayPlayers?
Aug 11th 2020

atruhead
Charter member
85230 posts
Sun Aug-09-20 09:36 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "20 people harmed, 1 fatality. but that's still nuts, prayers up"
In response to Reply # 0

Crash Bandacoot
Member since May 13th 2003
10119 posts
Sun Aug-09-20 09:57 AM

2. "it is 20, my bad"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun Aug-09-20 09:59 AM by Crash Bandacoot

I read that wrong. "80 people piled into hospitals..."

Amritsar
Member since Jan 18th 2008
32093 posts
Sun Aug-09-20 10:14 AM

3. "Rise in violent crime across the country "
In response to Reply # 0

Should really trouble everyone regardless of political party.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79601 posts
Sun Aug-09-20 12:14 PM

4. "This certainly plays well when it comes to defunding police"
In response to Reply # 0

I wouldn’t attend any large gatherings in cities right now. I have a hard time believing all this violence is due to stress and typical inner city violence.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

allStah
Member since Jun 21st 2014
9816 posts
Sun Aug-09-20 12:51 PM

5. "I'm in Chicago, get your crime rate up, son. "
In response to Reply # 0
Sun Aug-09-20 01:04 PM by allStah

We have those daily right after dusk.

It's so Feral here, that hitters are gunning down people in the most affluent neighborhoods in the city.

Technology has really changed the game with violence. Targets were only dealt with in the neighborhood, but now due to GPS and Smartphones, they are tracking wherever the target goes, and gunning him or her down right on the spot.

Also, children of the targets are being killed as well. Children and Mothers used to be off limits, but we have the highest toddler death rate due to gun violence in the nation. Every week, there are reports of multiple toddlers being gunned down INTENTIONALLY.

It is that bad

grey
Member since Apr 04th 2003
2231 posts
Mon Aug-10-20 12:40 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "This shit is so wild to me man "
In response to Reply # 5

>
>Also, children of the targets are being killed as well. Children and Mothers used to be off limits, but we have the
>highest toddler death rate due to gun violence in the nation.
>Every week, there are reports of multiple toddlers being
>gunned down INTENTIONALLY.
>
>It is that bad

I went down a lil rabbit hole after duck made the news (hadn’t heard of him prior but the brazenness of it just to try and get a sense of why but it seems like the they not even really fighting over drugs or territory. Outside lookin in after like an hour of YouTube and google but the shit just seems like a random cycle of revenge (over god knows what source) amplified by social media.

Macro socio etc etc of course, but I cant recall any stories of niggas killin people momma around my way for get back.

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13575 posts
Mon Aug-10-20 08:12 AM

7. "Searched Chicago news and found this downtown "looting" story..."
In response to Reply # 5
Mon Aug-10-20 08:13 AM by flipnile

...from today

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/breaking/ct-chicago-downtown-looting-20200810-3zwa3b7zzrc5vdyb4qjqywrjvu-story.html

Though this seems less like "looting" and more like straight-up organized crime. Folks rolling up in U-Hauls and cars w/ bags and hand trucks.

spirit
Charter member
21432 posts
Tue Aug-11-20 01:36 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
12. "Nah, no thanks.We will keep our crime rate down, thanks."
In response to Reply # 5

Even in jest, that's a weird thing to boast about.

Peace,

Spirit (Alan)
http://wutangbook.com

flipnile
13575 posts
Mon Aug-10-20 08:16 AM

8. "Shootings are way up in Philadelphia."
In response to Reply # 0

The criminal element must feel pretty bold right now. Shooting up block parties 90s-style seems like the thing right now. Young kids getting shot every week now.

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2020/08/09/gun-violence-plagues-philadelphia-weekend-again/

Amritsar
Member since Jan 18th 2008
32093 posts
Mon Aug-10-20 08:23 AM

9. "damn. Slow police response is a commonality I'm seeing in this too"
In response to Reply # 8

across many major cities

Not sure if theyre still slow to respond now. But initially when Defund the Police was at its peak it was a major problem.

They were obviously trying to prove a point.

flipnile
13575 posts
Tue Aug-11-20 08:20 AM

11. "This is something I'm hearing here in Philly too. Slow/no response."
In response to Reply # 9

Not sure if it's a legit staffing issue (Philly's PD is pretty small when you look at it officer-per-person), priority (always been that non-violent crimes might not get a response if they are busy), or a soft-strike of sorts. Probably a combination of all three.

A vacuum created by the police suddenly not being around is a big problem. Any vacuum created in a power structure is going to lead to fighting as people try to fill that void.

We need a good planning.

flipnile
13575 posts
Tue Aug-11-20 08:14 AM

10. "How are things where you live, OkayPlayers?"
In response to Reply # 0

Can we talk about this? News is so fragmented nowadays.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13398214 Previous topic | Next topic