Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13397728

Subject: "This Georgia School hallway photo is insane" Previous topic | Next topic
legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79594 posts
Thu Aug-06-20 10:28 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"This Georgia School hallway photo is insane"

and the administration says students will get suspensions or get expelled if they refuse to go to school.

They are intentionally trying to get people sick.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eek50zlXsAAIdG4?format=jpg&name=medium

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/mollyhensleyclancy/georgia-school-reopening-photo-paulding-county

Behind a viral photo of a crowded hallway at a high school in Georgia, a potentially dire situation is brewing. Students, teachers, and parents fear the Paulding County school’s rushed reopening plans may be spiraling out of control just two days after students — who said they were told they could face expulsion for remaining home — returned to class despite reports of positive coronavirus cases among students and staff.

North Paulding High School, about an hour outside Atlanta, reopened Monday despite an outbreak among members of its high school football team, many of whom, a Facebook video shows, worked out together in a crowded indoor gym last week as part of a weightlifting fundraiser.

——

My sister lost her teaching gig in AStL due to budget cuts. Prolly a blessing in disguise.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
this shit will be such a mess.
Aug 06th 2020
a “safe” return to school just isn’t practical right now
Aug 06th 2020
Wife’s school made teachers come in today to conduct zoom meetings
Aug 06th 2020
You country is fucked up. I hope we keep the border closed for a full ye...
Aug 06th 2020
RE: You country is fucked up. I hope we keep the border closed for a ful...
Aug 08th 2020
the student who shared the photo was suspended.
Aug 06th 2020
That sounds illegal
Aug 06th 2020
I imagine they have a policy about social media.
Aug 06th 2020
      The photo would look normal without the 7 kids wearing masks.
Aug 07th 2020
was gonna post this but i wasn't sure if it was confirmed
Aug 06th 2020
      the school walked it back...
Aug 07th 2020
      all they did was free her up to do a few rounds of media.
Aug 07th 2020
      Girl was suspended, but the school "reversed" it today
Aug 07th 2020
           yup. they looked even worse after suspending her.
Aug 08th 2020
helllllll naw.
Aug 06th 2020
we just need more death
Aug 08th 2020
They won't care
Aug 08th 2020
      that wont do it either
Aug 10th 2020
Paulding high school reports 9 COVID-19 cases
Aug 08th 2020
9 *so far. Something like 97k kids nationwide in the past two weeks
Aug 09th 2020
9 confirmed cases:
Aug 09th 2020
the school will be closed a couple of days
Aug 09th 2020
Deep cleaning THE AIR?????
Aug 09th 2020
      those folks clearly don't know wtf they're doing.
Aug 09th 2020
      deep cleaning is such an April covid response.
Aug 09th 2020
           basically.
Aug 10th 2020
           This Atlantic article was huge for the place I work
Aug 10th 2020

tariqhu
Charter member
17890 posts
Thu Aug-06-20 10:53 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "this shit will be such a mess."
In response to Reply # 0

some teachers are retiring because their being forced to get back into the buildings.

I can't imagine being teacher right now.

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

DJR
Member since Jan 01st 2005
18637 posts
Thu Aug-06-20 10:57 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "a “safe” return to school just isn’t practical right now "
In response to Reply # 0

There is just no way to do it. Schools are crowded and indoors for like 7 hours. That’s just guaranteed massive outbreaks that will spread through communities like wildfires. Shut it down until we “beat” the virus like most of the rest of the world has.

legsdiamond
79594 posts
Thu Aug-06-20 11:14 AM

3. "Wife’s school made teachers come in today to conduct zoom meetings"
In response to Reply # 2

Makes no sense. She didn’t go

What’s the point of having 70 teachers in a school to have zoom meetings?

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Heinz
Member since Dec 26th 2003
20759 posts
Thu Aug-06-20 11:15 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "You country is fucked up. I hope we keep the border closed for a full ye..."
In response to Reply # 0

FOH

BTW am I the only one who remember their highschool being like that on a normal day. I loved it. Nobody should be in that school period during a pandemic LOL

----------

IG @erichrigonan

JFrost1117
Member since Aug 12th 2005
23882 posts
Sat Aug-08-20 02:29 AM

14. "RE: You country is fucked up. I hope we keep the border closed for a ful..."
In response to Reply # 4

I wouldn't even claim my school was that big, but I know social distancing would've been completely impossible. There were so many interactions that could only take place during school hours, in the middle of the hallway if you didn't want to wait until after school or the weekend.

Yes! She's on the drugs. (c) BoHagon

tariqhu
Charter member
17890 posts
Thu Aug-06-20 02:33 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "the student who shared the photo was suspended."
In response to Reply # 0

legsdiamond
79594 posts
Thu Aug-06-20 02:36 PM

6. "That sounds illegal"
In response to Reply # 5

You can suspend a kid for taking a photo at school?

tariqhu
Charter member
17890 posts
Thu Aug-06-20 08:57 PM

9. "I imagine they have a policy about social media."
In response to Reply # 6

I also imagine it only being enforced when the school is made to look bad.

third_i_vision
Charter member
7818 posts
Fri Aug-07-20 04:59 PM

10. "The photo would look normal without the 7 kids wearing masks."
In response to Reply # 9

The fact that this particular photo “makes the school look bad” should be a MASSIVE RED FLAG to the leadership team.

SMH

Fire everybody.

I’m a teacher and we’re going all virtual until at least Labor Day. Will probably need to be the entire semester, if not the whole school year.

My brother teaches HS in KY and he’s about to walk into a particularly precarious environment in a couple weeks. Masks not mandatory in the classroom, full student participation every day. I’m worried, to say the very least.

Bowls
http://twitter.com/Bowls615

Mynoriti
Charter member
38818 posts
Thu Aug-06-20 03:04 PM

8. "was gonna post this but i wasn't sure if it was confirmed"
In response to Reply # 5

the thing i saw said my friend's friend who works at the school said the kid got suspended

Dstl1
Charter member
56230 posts
Fri Aug-07-20 05:05 PM

11. "the school walked it back..."
In response to Reply # 8

https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2020/08/06/georgia-teens-shared-photos-maskless-students-crowded-hallways-now-theyre-suspended/

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Reeq
Member since Mar 11th 2013
16347 posts
Fri Aug-07-20 05:12 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
13. "all they did was free her up to do a few rounds of media."
In response to Reply # 11

mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44717 posts
Fri Aug-07-20 05:06 PM

12. "Girl was suspended, but the school "reversed" it today"
In response to Reply # 8

Doesn't go on the kid's record.

All the bad publicity must have scared them into doing the right thing.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

tariqhu
Charter member
17890 posts
Sat Aug-08-20 10:29 AM

17. "yup. they looked even worse after suspending her."
In response to Reply # 12

there was another student that was also suspended and reverssed. that student's parents didn't allow her/him to be known.

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85073 posts
Thu Aug-06-20 02:52 PM

7. "helllllll naw."
In response to Reply # 0

<--- Big Baller World Order

Amritsar
Member since Jan 18th 2008
32093 posts
Sat Aug-08-20 08:52 AM

15. "we just need more death"
In response to Reply # 0

fucked up thing to say. But some folks just need it ALL UP IN THEIR FACE to believe it

handle
Charter member
18951 posts
Sat Aug-08-20 10:27 AM

16. "They won't care"
In response to Reply # 15

The parents of kids who die - or are fucked up - will change their minds.

But every single other parents won't give a fuck.

------------

Gone: My Discogs collection for The Roots:
http://www.discogs.com/user/tomhayes-roots/collection

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85073 posts
Mon Aug-10-20 07:56 AM

26. "that wont do it either"
In response to Reply # 16

you see these folks mad their loved ones deaths got classified as coronavirus instead of like diabetes or a stroke or something.

<--- Big Baller World Order

handle
Charter member
18951 posts
Sat Aug-08-20 10:48 PM

18. "Paulding high school reports 9 COVID-19 cases"
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/paulding-county/days-after-photos-packed-hallways-go-viral-paulding-school-reports-9-covid-19-cases/X3FEDBYQ3FEA3F3TX5MMQD6E3Y/

Going to happen EVERYWHERE in a few months - we'll see if Americans love their children too.

------------

CherNic
Member since Aug 18th 2005
37156 posts
Sun Aug-09-20 09:23 AM

19. "9 *so far. Something like 97k kids nationwide in the past two weeks"
In response to Reply # 18

Teachers aren’t babysitters and parents who are pushing for schools to open disgust me

vik
Charter member
13505 posts
Sun Aug-09-20 01:21 PM

20. "9 confirmed cases:"
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/09/us/north-paulding-high-school-covid-19-cases/index.html

---

But hell, what do I know?

tariqhu
Charter member
17890 posts
Sun Aug-09-20 05:16 PM

21. "the school will be closed a couple of days"
In response to Reply # 0

and deep cleaning. also rethinking what they're doing. all thanks to that photo getting out.

handle
Charter member
18951 posts
Sun Aug-09-20 07:58 PM

22. "Deep cleaning THE AIR?????"
In response to Reply # 21

People aren't getting the disease from touching things - they're getting it from breathing.

------------

tariqhu
Charter member
17890 posts
Sun Aug-09-20 10:02 PM

23. "those folks clearly don't know wtf they're doing."
In response to Reply # 22

I hate that schools have again been used in politics.

will_5198
Charter member
63108 posts
Sun Aug-09-20 11:23 PM

24. "deep cleaning is such an April covid response."
In response to Reply # 22

which sounds about right for the southern suburbs.

--------

tariqhu
Charter member
17890 posts
Mon Aug-10-20 07:44 AM

25. "basically."
In response to Reply # 24

here's a shot of another school. senior pic.

https://twitter.com/GAFollowers/status/1290437298685968385

Nodima
Member since Jul 30th 2008
15302 posts
Mon Aug-10-20 05:46 PM

27. "This Atlantic article was huge for the place I work"
In response to Reply # 24
Mon Aug-10-20 05:48 PM by Nodima

But I tried to share it around and a lot of people in my industry weren't having it, and said more precautions are always better than less.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/07/scourge-hygiene-theater/614599/

I'd say compared to what I've heard other bars and restaurants in our city are doing, we're right in the middle ground. We wash our hands or sanitize after every interaction with any surface or guest, wear a mask during any interaction with a guest and hit tables and chairs with both disinfectant and sanitizer instead of just sanitizer. We no longer spray doors after every time they're touched, we've never REQUIRED masks, we primarily seat outside, our tables are still about 8 feet apart indoors, and we still have sanitizer conspicuously placed throughout the building.

But other places are still requiring gloves on employees' hands at all times, only serving drinks and food in/on disposable materials, spraying used materials with disinfectant before handling them with gloves, some even requiring masks stay on unless you are specifically taking a bite of food or drink of beverage.

And for the first few weeks, I was all about a lot of that too. I smoke, I drink, and I'm interacting with hundreds of strangers a week. I'm scared as hell, and I can never tell if I'm experiencing a minor anxiety episode, a hangover, chest tightness from smoking too much the night before, chest tightness from an oncoming panic attack or onset of virus symptoms. I'm quite scared, all the time! But the more we participated in it, and the more I came across information that ultimately coalesced in that Atlantic article a couple weeks ago, I just got so skeptical. The most important things you can do are mask up, wash your hands and keep your distance. The rest is more like performance art than additional safety measures. I mean...

"Finally, and most important, hygiene theater builds a false sense of security, which can ironically lead to more infections. Many bars, indoor restaurants, and gyms, where patrons are huffing and puffing one another’s stale air, shouldn’t be open at all. They should be shut down and bailed out by the government until the pandemic is under control. No amount of soap and bleach changes this calculation.

Instead, many of these establishments are boasting about their cleaning practices while inviting strangers into unventilated indoor spaces to share one another’s microbial exhalations. This logic is warped. It completely misrepresents the nature of an airborne threat. It’s as if an oceanside town stalked by a frenzy of ravenous sharks urged people to return to the beach by saying, We care about your health and safety, so we’ve reinforced the boardwalk with concrete. Lovely. Now people can sturdily walk into the ocean and be separated from their limbs."

~~~~~~~~~
"This is the streets, and I am the trap." � Jay Bilas
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/archive/contributor/517
Hip Hop Handbook: http://tinyurl.com/ll4kzz

Lobby General Discussion topic #13397728 Previous topic | Next topic