Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13396141

Subject: "** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **" Previous topic | Next topic
Geah
Member since Feb 16th 2007
48205 posts
Tue Jul-28-20 11:00 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"

@geahuwine

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Cold Truth is unwell
Jul 29th 2020
is sowhat still banned?
Jul 29th 2020
I wouldn’t know.
Jul 29th 2020
the second one
Jul 29th 2020
      i don't blame him
Jul 29th 2020
           he was off the rails in the end though
Jul 29th 2020
That shit is a letter to a mod, not a CW post.
Jul 29th 2020
fuck Deadzombie
Jul 29th 2020
In fact... you did something similar with your wedding post
Jul 29th 2020
Not like this. This isn't cool.
Jul 29th 2020
I go out of my way to leave dude alone. We extend dude a level of grace
Jul 29th 2020
      Nah, you're not going to keep doing that shit.
Jul 29th 2020
           My last manic episode was like 2013 or so
Jul 29th 2020
                Pssst- none of that matters, at all.
Jul 29th 2020
i respect him...
Jul 29th 2020
Internet has been like the Wild West lately
Jul 29th 2020
is this how you feel or has this been conveyed to you
Jul 29th 2020
      It’s been conveyed in emails and meetings
Jul 29th 2020
           RE: It’s been conveyed in emails and meetings
Jul 29th 2020
           absolute trash
Jul 29th 2020
           thats some bull
Jul 29th 2020
Out before the lock
Jul 29th 2020
I haven't seen one of these GIFs in a minute. It's nice to bring it back...
Jul 29th 2020
I say, keep it open, and let his post remain
Jul 29th 2020
I'm glad we didn't win the bid on this house.
Jul 29th 2020
We haven't gotten our prequalification, but I've seen this already
Jul 29th 2020
yup. shit was crazy BEFORE covid, no one knows why.
Jul 29th 2020
yikes
Jul 29th 2020
it's stupid out here...but it also depends what area.
Jul 29th 2020
We had that house buying fever for a minute
Jul 29th 2020
i keep crying
Jul 29th 2020
I'm sorry man
Jul 29th 2020
*hugs*
Jul 29th 2020
SEE WHAT I WAS SAYING
Jul 29th 2020
I hate owing people a call/text/response.
Jul 29th 2020
RE: ** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **
Jul 29th 2020
A guy I know from the scene has been hitting up people for money.
Jul 29th 2020
Can you call or reach out to confirm? It sounds like a scam.
Jul 29th 2020
my thought was to see if he's down to drive to my crib and get it person...
Jul 29th 2020
      Definitely a scam
Jul 29th 2020
I'd facetime him to verify, if you want to help
Jul 29th 2020
damn, I'd have to see dude in person on that one...
Jul 29th 2020
      yeah i was telling my homie (who is basically my brother)...
Jul 29th 2020
the love...
Jul 29th 2020
Finally started tearing into home repairs. Started with the roof.
Jul 30th 2020
i accidentally clicked on GD archives instead of GD
Jul 30th 2020
im not sure why i stayed worried about my job
Jul 30th 2020
Grandfather got dat rona
Jul 30th 2020
Just found out my uncle passed and now I’m worried about my dad
Jul 30th 2020

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
19599 posts
Wed Jul-29-20 07:17 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Cold Truth is unwell"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Jul-29-20 07:28 AM by MEAT

Folks were really in that “white okp” post talking about what deadzombie should or shouldn’t have said to him, but all it takes is his as to FEEL something about what you typed and this fucking loser of a human just will “e stalk” you until he finds someone else to harass.

And I bring this up because dude can fly off the rails like *snap* and you not supposed to say anything to trigger or goad him or bring up his personal shit. You just supposed to act like this is a reasonable way to interact or ignore. For the sake of HIS mental state, but fuck yours right? Fuck him. Sowhat got banned for far less. DZ got banned for far less. Hell Denny got banned for less.

Nobody needs that shit.

-------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

makaveli
Charter member
15300 posts
Wed Jul-29-20 08:35 AM

5. "is sowhat still banned?"
In response to Reply # 1

or did he just not come back.

“So back we go to these questions — friendship, character… ethics.”

MEAT
19599 posts
Wed Jul-29-20 08:40 AM

7. "I wouldn’t know. "
In response to Reply # 5

-------

infin8
Charter member
10146 posts
Wed Jul-29-20 10:42 AM

16. "the second one"
In response to Reply # 5

I haven't talked to him in a while...a long while

but he BEEN over it. *shrug*

IG: amadu_me

"...Whateva, man..." (c) Redman

makaveli
Charter member
15300 posts
Wed Jul-29-20 11:34 AM

22. "i don't blame him"
In response to Reply # 16

didn't always agree with him but he's funny.

“So back we go to these questions — friendship, character… ethics.”

Mynoriti
Charter member
35478 posts
Wed Jul-29-20 05:06 PM

40. "he was off the rails in the end though"
In response to Reply # 22

in one sense i miss having him around even though he had a few pretty twisted takes, but think if anyone needed to leave this place for his own sake it was SW

--------
http://ambitiondeficitdisorder.tumblr.com/

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
41175 posts
Wed Jul-29-20 09:28 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
8. "That shit is a letter to a mod, not a CW post."
In response to Reply # 1
Wed Jul-29-20 09:46 AM by Cold Truth

First, aren't posts like this, that are solely designed to go after a specific poster, expressly prohibited?

Or are you covered by the general CW safe space rule? If I'm not mistaken, people have tried to (mis)use CW for this shit before.

>Folks were really in that “white okp” post talking about
>what deadzombie should or shouldn’t have said to him but
>all it takes is his as to FEEL something about what you typed
>and this fucking loser of a human just will “e stalk” you
>until he finds someone else to harass.

E stalk?

You're making posts directly about me in posts I'm not in.

Do you see me doing that shit? Nope. But... here you are, CT on the brain and shit lmao

You literally couldn't wait to muck up CW by making a whole post dedicated to attacking me.

You know who does shit like that?

Unwell people.

>And I bring this up because dude can fly off the rails like
>*snap*

Snap? fly off the rails?

Like saying..... "Fuck you, you need therapy, you're deranged"

In response to me talking about your tact, you take personal shots at my person.

You have this so backward it's comical.

>and you not supposed to say anything to trigger or goad
>him or bring up his personal shit

You can, and I'll respond accordingly. It's funny though- because this reads like you REALLY want to bring up my personal shit as a weapon.

Anyhow, you can bring up personal shit, as others have. it's a favored tact, so you're not alone.

And I'll just point out that it's a horrible tact.

I won't just say, Fuck you, got to therapy, you're deranged!, and then run to be first in CW to whine about someone I don't like. I'll actually address YOU, directly, about the things you're doing and saying, without attacking your person.

>You just supposed to act
>like this is a reasonable way to interact or ignore. For the
>sake of HIS mental state, but fuck yours right? Fuck him.

Nah bruh. You want to be all Statler and Waldorf, have at it. Don't have a fucking breakdown because you can't handle it when someone calls you on it.

My mental state is just fine. I'm not the one sideline heckling, contributing nothing to the conversation, making a beeline to attack someone's supposed mental health. Talk about projecting.

I got my shit to deal with, but NONE of that, exactly ZERO of that, has anything to do with the way YOU choose to engage, and the fact that I call you on it.

And it's some straight up hoe shit for you to try to make that the issue.

You know what else is straight up hoe shit?

You running to CW, trying to drum up public support, because you want to do your lil sideline commentary in peace and can't deal when you get called out.

You know what else is hoe shit?

Actually trying to get me banned, when I've attacked your tact, but not your person... while you're attacking my person, not my tact.

The "unwell" person in this situation is you. That's clear as day. What's funny is that you made part of this same speech in the AITA post, and when you mentioned "people have been banned for less", I said:

"You mean.... like trying to use mental health as your go-to attack/ insult? What's the punishment for going into posts just to throw random, generic stones at nobody in particular, while contributing absolutely nothing to the discussion, instead of agreeably disagreeing agreeably with anyone in the post.... in a post where others are agreeably disagreeing just fine?"

Rather than deal with that conflict, rather than deal with ME directly, and address the things I actually said, directly, you did an upgraded version of the shit I called you on to begin with:

You like to talk about the people in the room, but not to them.

You came in CW to put my name in your header. Again, you like to talk ABOUT people in the room... but not TO them.

You know who does that shit? Passive aggressive people.

Unwell people. Talk to the man in the mirror and deal with your shit before you try to drag me and my mental health through the mud.

atruhead
Charter member
84742 posts
Wed Jul-29-20 10:20 AM

11. "fuck Deadzombie"
In response to Reply # 1

he's one of at least 3 people from here I wouldnt think twice about if they died

Cold Truth
41175 posts
Wed Jul-29-20 10:21 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
12. "In fact... you did something similar with your wedding post"
In response to Reply # 1
Wed Jul-29-20 10:24 AM by Cold Truth

You couldn't handle the fact that most people thought you were completely unreasonable- if not downright delusional- in your belief that your friend owed your child an invitation to their wedding.

So after a long ass post, where one poster didn't budge in their position, what did you do?

You went and upped his fucking WEDDING post and then bammed up the wedding post until it got locked. Fortunately for you, the mods deleted your handiwork in his wedding post. That was one of the most "unwell person" things I've ever seen anyone do on these boards.

You actually got someone's WEDDING post LOCKED because you had a meltdown of epic proportions.

All because you couldn't deal with someone who didn't see shit your way, you were incapable of either continuing the discussion like a reasonable person or simply ignoring him and leaving it alone, and because your horrid ad hominem tact didn't gain traction in your own post.

Talk about unwell.

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
45349 posts
Wed Jul-29-20 10:29 AM

14. "Not like this. This isn't cool. "
In response to Reply # 1

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

MEAT
19599 posts
Wed Jul-29-20 10:34 AM

15. "I go out of my way to leave dude alone. We extend dude a level of grace"
In response to Reply # 14
Wed Jul-29-20 10:34 AM by MEAT

That nobody else gets because we all know he’s off
Case got banned for less
But I or anyone else is just supposed to back out of the internet when he feels triggered?

-------

Cold Truth
41175 posts
Wed Jul-29-20 10:44 AM

17. "Nah, you're not going to keep doing that shit."
In response to Reply # 15
Wed Jul-29-20 10:49 AM by Cold Truth

>we all know he’s off

Off is deciding to take your personal issue with one person to CW, instead of the mods, or an inbox like an adult.

Off is getting so mad that your wedding invitation post tanked that you decided to get someone else's actual wedding post locked. This is the shit you do because you can't just have an "agree to disagree" discussion. You've done this shit before, and recently.

Off is making it a point to attack someone's person instead of their arguments, tact, or actions.

Off is when you consistently choose mental health as your point of attack.

You've made some mental health confessions recently that line up perfectly with what you're doing.

https://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13394446&mesg_id=13394446&listing_type=search#13394574

"I had 2 manic episodes way back. And even with REGULAR therapy and medicine that shaped literally everything I thought for 2-3 years. Then I had to spend another 2-3 years trying to get my memories back from how the mania recontextualized things."

https://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13394446&mesg_id=13394446&listing_type=search#13394657

"to this day I’m good but on occasions I’ll see some triggering shit and have to talk myself away from a rabbit hole, not even out of it.

Like my brain will go somewhere and I’ll think “that sounds like some crazy person shit, how much sleep did you get last night”

Seems you're not all that great at talking yourself away from those rabbit holes.

MEAT
19599 posts
Wed Jul-29-20 10:56 AM

18. "My last manic episode was like 2013 or so"
In response to Reply # 17

And had everything to do with simulations, death, and our perception of reality.

I got help, I went to therapy.

-------

Cold Truth
41175 posts
Wed Jul-29-20 11:16 AM

20. "Pssst- none of that matters, at all. "
In response to Reply # 18
Wed Jul-29-20 11:23 AM by Cold Truth

The correct response is, that's not fodder for e-beef discussion, either way. It's irrelevant.

The issue here is, you like to talk about the people in the room and the opinions being expressed, but not to the people.

So you got called on that.
Point blank, period.

You could have:

-Ignored me
-Discussed it, and explained why I was wrong.

Those are both perfectly reasonable, stable options.

You chose option C: Fuck you, you need therapy. lmao

You chose an emotional, angry personal attack. A definitively unstable choice. You then made an even more unstable choice to make your CW post.

As I've pointed out, you've done similar things recently, going WAY above and beyond. Shit, you didn't even contribute to the post itself- but you did make some snide remarks about the people and opinions expressed in the room.

None of those actions are exactly the mark of stability, and yet here you are, trying to attack my mental health in response, rather than address the actual issue at hand in the other post.

Even now, we *could* turn this around and actually discuss this like grown ass men.

I'm good to do that.
I'm pretty sure you won't do that.

But one thing you won't do without getting called out, is try to attack my mental health to deflect from the way you engage. Because my mental health has nothing at all to do with the way you choose to engage.

Case in point: It's 9:17, Pacific time..... and the first Confession Wednesday post is you attacking another poster's mental health, ensuring that the post gets locked, because your self-centered ass decided that your need to personally attack another person was more important than allowing the community safe space to remain just that:

A community safe space.

Guess what?

That safe space isn't a space for you to levy personal attacks on other posters.

But you're too selfish- ahem, unwell- to see that.

You're also betting/hoping for a groundswell of community support, knowing that I'm generally- not universally, as some like to think - disliked.

Trinity444
Charter member
40965 posts
Wed Jul-29-20 11:00 PM

44. "i respect him..."
In response to Reply # 1

love me some DZ, SoWhat too
can’t we all just get along, lol

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
66588 posts
Wed Jul-29-20 07:54 AM

2. "Internet has been like the Wild West lately"
In response to Reply # 0

I know it’s always been a crazy place but even this place has gone off the rails this month.

Up is down, left is right.

Anyways.. its time to start looking for a new gig. Thankful to have a job during these rough times but I don’t like feeling like the loss of revenue is due to performance. A lot of the plans I made for this year have been canceled due to covid and it’s been a struggle to find new opportunities.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
79376 posts
Wed Jul-29-20 08:14 AM

3. "is this how you feel or has this been conveyed to you"
In response to Reply # 2

>Thankful to
>have a job during these rough times but I don’t like feeling
>like the loss of revenue is due to performance.

because thats something that management attempted to convey to me and i wasn't having it.

it took a global pandemic and complete collapse of america for me to miss a monthly & quarterly number for the first time in 5 years.

it. aint. no. way. in. hell.
that you are going to gaslight me into feeling like it's my performance that caused this

<--- Big Baller World Order

legsdiamond
66588 posts
Wed Jul-29-20 08:35 AM

4. "It’s been conveyed in emails and meetings "
In response to Reply # 3
Wed Jul-29-20 08:41 AM by legsdiamond

the way it was put is “the downturn has shown us who has been able to perform and who hasn’t”

No names but I mean.. that’s pretty much sales and marketing.

Shit is dry right now.

He has pointed the finger at himself as well but since he doesn’t want to believe this pandemic is as serious as it is I think it’s clouded his thinking.

and while I know there is a once in a lifetime pandemic it’s still hard to not take that shit personally.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

MEAT
19599 posts
Wed Jul-29-20 08:39 AM

6. "RE: It’s been conveyed in emails and meetings "
In response to Reply # 4

>the way it was put is “the downturn has shown us who has
>been able to perform and who hasn’t”

That's such a trash way to frame a global pandemic that's driving a global economic crisis.

-------

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
12785 posts
Wed Jul-29-20 09:33 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
9. "absolute trash"
In response to Reply # 4

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
79376 posts
Wed Jul-29-20 10:12 AM

10. "thats some bull"
In response to Reply # 4

<--- Big Baller World Order

legsdiamond
66588 posts
Wed Jul-29-20 10:29 AM

13. "Out before the lock"
In response to Reply # 0

Marbles
Member since Oct 19th 2004
21557 posts
Wed Jul-29-20 11:05 AM

19. "I haven't seen one of these GIFs in a minute. It's nice to bring it back..."
In response to Reply # 13

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/636/113/d8c.gif

Cold Truth
41175 posts
Wed Jul-29-20 01:17 PM

30. "I say, keep it open, and let his post remain"
In response to Reply # 13

double negative
Member since Dec 14th 2007
21284 posts
Wed Jul-29-20 11:23 AM

21. "I'm glad we didn't win the bid on this house. "
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Jul-29-20 11:28 AM by double negative

I move slow.

My wife moves fast.

She'll just drop some MAJOR ideas on me out of the blue with good intentions.

her:"weshouldbuyanotherhouse"
me: https://i.imgur.com/qo2X8Zo.gif "...what the fuck...oh, I mean...yeah, maybe, maybe we might should maybe"

We already own a house but its been used as a rental property while we temporarily live in the next city over so she can be closer to her new job.

I'm not opposed to thinking about buying another house, I just don't like the pressure of "WE GOTTA DO SOMETHING THIS SECOND"

interest rates been low as shit.

the town we're in has some really fucking dope houses for NO money compared to where the other place is located.

--numbers referenced here are just round place holder numbers for discussion and are not actual numbers--

so we start looking and we come to the conclusion that a good amount of house + a target monthly amount we would like to pay would put us just above the middle, so we looked into houses at the 200k - 275k range. Cool.

So for the past two, three months, we've been going to see many many houses throughout the week and weekends.

Then we started submitting bids.

Then we realized the market is competitive as fuck.

So we start putting more on top of the effort, if the asking was 200k, then we offer 220k. Each time we just kept getting swatted out the race.

Then we started playing hardball. If they were asking 200k, then fuck it, we will offer 260k...and we were still getting swatted out of the game.

Prices started rising. The good stock was gobbled up quickly and what remained were overpriced hail mary tosses being passed on as real value - even our real estate agents would say "huhhhhh, ya'll could do better"

then we reassessed and identified our must-haves vs. nice-to-haves.

We got desperate and we then started to look at houses in ranges FAR above our stated limit. We started at 200-250k, and we then reached a point where we were seriously dropping bids for homes in the 600-700k range.

Our last bid was something like, 700k asking but our bid was 770k - that got us in the final round

now, during this whole time, my sense of things were even and I felt good about our pace, but once we started entering super competitive areas I knew we were headed to quickly being house poor.

In the end we didnt get that house - I was actually mad about it. I was mad that I liked that house SO SO much, I was mad that it was WELL the fuck over where it would have been price wise if we had found it 6, 9 or 12 months ago.

I'm like...yo baby, we gotta chill for a second, these rates are fly as shit but I'm nervous as fuck about the economy and we're already leveraged out with the first property.

She hates renting, I hate it for other reasons

in the end we're taking a second to refocus.

https://soundcloud.com/swageyph/yph-die-with-me

Cold Truth
41175 posts
Wed Jul-29-20 11:35 AM

23. "We haven't gotten our prequalification, but I've seen this already"
In response to Reply # 21

I don't like our chances of getting in this Fall, like we'd hoped.

We're planning on getting our pre-qualification toward the end of August, but I'm still monitoring the market to see what's happening.

Several of the houses I've asked my realtor to check on, have had bidding wars, some going to 60 K over asking.

She and the lender both presented a scenario where prices would drop as more houses would hit the market about this time, however so far I'm seeing the opposite. Houses are hitting the market, but everything is a bidding war.

double negative
21284 posts
Wed Jul-29-20 11:51 AM

26. "yup. shit was crazy BEFORE covid, no one knows why. "
In response to Reply # 23

then covid hit and now city people are moving to suburbs close to the city

young parents are like, yo, fuck this apartment shit with kids, this 1m NYC 1 br worked when we could go outside but for the price of this box we could have a literal mansion.

it is. fucked.

owners are dumping their half renovated shit boxes AT market rate knowing someone will bite.

The thing that pinches my sack is looking over 10 year price trends for areas and seeing a rolling hill pattern where some years the prices are decently high and some years are low. I don't want to buy high during a time when literally any thing could bring everything down.

mista k5
12785 posts
Wed Jul-29-20 11:41 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
24. "yikes"

every few months i tell myself i need to find a new place. ive got too much house and im renting. this usually leads to me wondering about buying but i know i dont have enough saved up and my score isnt great.

last week i looked into rentals and there is nothing out there for less than what im paying. maybe apartments but im not about that life.

i looked into buying and there are definitely some that would work monthly payment wise but i dont know. if we actually get a big bonus from the company selling i might get serious about it. havent heard a peep on that front for some months though.

im guessing if those 700k houses are usually around that price and not inflated due to so many buyers they are still a good deal. to go from 250k to 700k though?? definitely seems like a pause is good.

double negative
21284 posts
Wed Jul-29-20 11:56 AM

27. "it's stupid out here...but it also depends what area. "
In response to Reply # 24

while we're sweating trying to flip over the sofa to find more money for a downpayment to be competitive there are stories coming from areas like brooklyn where buyers are able to pick up a place at deeeeeep discounts

its so stupid. one of the places we put a bid on straight up told us "if you want this place....you gotta be down with NOT having an environmental inspection. you down with lead or nah?" we noped the fuck out of that.

legsdiamond
66588 posts
Wed Jul-29-20 11:49 AM

25. "We had that house buying fever for a minute"

started going to visit homes and set up appointments and then something happened. We just sat it asses down and said “let’s chill” so now we are updating it house sloooooowly.

Although the house is small we love the the area and new owners are paying twice as much to live on the same street

These new homes tho.. make a nigga want to be house poor but I know that’s a bad idea.

AbdulJaleel
Charter member
23827 posts
Wed Jul-29-20 12:20 PM

28. "i keep crying"
In response to Reply # 0

Malik B

www.instagram.com/schemeofthings

CherNic
Member since Aug 18th 2005
36681 posts
Wed Jul-29-20 12:36 PM

29. "I'm sorry man"
In response to Reply # 28

Raina
Charter member
66747 posts
Wed Jul-29-20 05:40 PM

41. "*hugs*"
In response to Reply # 28

eclipsedInI
Member since Jul 29th 2002
92749 posts
Wed Jul-29-20 02:56 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
31. "SEE WHAT I WAS SAYING"
In response to Reply # 0

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
45349 posts
Wed Jul-29-20 03:10 PM

32. "I hate owing people a call/text/response."
In response to Reply # 0

Somebody got on me recently for not responding to a Whatsapp discussion.

This pandemic has had the strange effect of having people thinking I am more accessible so I now I owe a ton of people calls, text replies, etc.

I tried to unplug a few days ago and then I just got anxious because the messages were piling up. SMH.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

R A i n
Member since Dec 11th 2003
51902 posts
Wed Jul-29-20 03:32 PM

33. "RE: ** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"
In response to Reply # 0

holy shit...y’all still do CW!

-logged in to pay respect to Malik B.
- in fat as fuck! 155 at 5’4” cuz i’m working from home
- miss this place sometimes..not really.. just the people who i liked that i’m not connected to.
-hope everyone is mentally and physically doing well.
- we family.

we understand you can easily come back and we're not impressed. how about getting a life first. okpdan

PROMO
Charter member
25830 posts
Wed Jul-29-20 03:36 PM

34. "A guy I know from the scene has been hitting up people for money."
In response to Reply # 0

He hit me up a few months back and I was about to send it (I was literally in my PayPal about hit the send button) then I got suspicious and got a "scam-y" vibe and did some research and the whole thing felt even more like a scam (like maybe he got hacked and didn't even know someone was doing this).

so i never sent it.

he hit me up again a few days ago w/ the same kind of request. this time, i completely ignored it. after a day of ignoring it he hit me again apologizing for having to ask but saying he was just in a bind. it still felt scam-ish because he mentioned in the first message that he knows he still owes me from the first time. BUT, he doesn't, because i never sent the money.

so, is it a scam, or is it just so bad he can't even remember who he's gotten money from?

i ignored his second message too. i mean, i'm being generous in guessing that the last time i saw dude in person was 6 years ago. we are "friends" in the sense that if i saw him in passing on the street i'd say waddup and chat for a minutes about cliche shit like "hows the fam" but like, i basically only know whatever he's posted on FB. we are FB acquaintances at most.

STAND OUT HAND OUTS: http://basquiatwhenipaint.tumblr.com

TWEET ME: @PROMO206

legsdiamond
66588 posts
Wed Jul-29-20 03:51 PM

35. "Can you call or reach out to confirm? It sounds like a scam. "
In response to Reply # 34

PROMO
Charter member
25830 posts
Wed Jul-29-20 04:28 PM

38. "my thought was to see if he's down to drive to my crib and get it person..."
In response to Reply # 35

that's probably the best solution.

the reason it sounded scam-y after i did more research is because when i initially agreed he was like "yeah i don't have a paypal tho can you send it to my wife's paypal" then i was like "hmmmmmmm" right before i hit send and started looking at FB and his wife's profile was saying she had no FB friends (which i know isn't true) and even looking at his it wasn't showing our mutual friends (FB is involved because that's where he hit me up to ask) so i'd hit up a mutual friend to look at his profile and they were saying they'd see our mutual friends when THEY looked...but then since that very first ask he's liked and commented on a few FB status of mine so i dunno if it's just some weird FB tick why i'm not seeing shit the same way as others.

but yeah, sketchy.

the reason i haven't replied is because if it is a scammer/hacker i don't even wanna respond in case it could somehow make shit worse.

luminous
Charter member
11387 posts
Wed Jul-29-20 06:40 PM

42. "Definitely a scam"
In response to Reply # 38

Why not create your own PayPal, cashapp, venmo? It takes like 2 seconds.

--
Sometimes you have to look reality in the face and say 'No!'
-Ben (Reaper)

Cold Truth
41175 posts
Wed Jul-29-20 04:06 PM

36. "I'd facetime him to verify, if you want to help"

But I wouldn't send it via PayPal.

Maybe western union or some shit, but I would advise against sending it in a way that's connected to any of your accounts.

Dstl1
Charter member
48967 posts
Wed Jul-29-20 04:10 PM

37. "damn, I'd have to see dude in person on that one..."

and (I could be dead wrong) it doesn't seem like yall are tight like that where you would put in the engergy to even do that, especially during these times.

...cleaned up my act, made a few violent songs...but, they wack like Glen Rice with New Balance on - Sean Price

PROMO
Charter member
25830 posts
Wed Jul-29-20 04:31 PM

39. "yeah i was telling my homie (who is basically my brother)..."
In response to Reply # 37

who he ALSO asked, like, if you haven't asked EVERYONE you know before asking me then you asked me too soon because for the level our relationship is on i should be close to the last person to ask.

Trinity444
Charter member
40965 posts
Wed Jul-29-20 10:47 PM

43. "the love..."
In response to Reply # 0

I’ve been consumed with the thought of dying unexpectedly since my dad’s death. I’m treating folks like it’s the last time I’ll see them. My bff said I can’t leave because I have to take care of my mother. It gives me hope but I’m going to see my doctor...

lord, if I was a better writer...

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
12640 posts
Thu Jul-30-20 08:34 AM

45. "Finally started tearing into home repairs. Started with the roof."
In response to Reply # 0

Roofing is EXHAUSTING. Quite satisfying though to actually get down to a problem (a leak) and fix it (stripped down to decking, replaced rotted wood, etc. Stuff like this make me thankful that I have a office job. Can't imagine doing this 5-6x per week in my 40s.

Only got 1/3 of the yard dug up and planted this year. Gonna get the rest dug into beds this winter. Got a lot of huge plants growing.

Gonna start crafting stuff out of wood and the gourds that I grow. Want to set up on online store. My SO's store (vintage clothes) does pretty well.

I've become MUCH better on guitar with all this home time for jamming that I have. Things that were not yet possible for me to do last year are very easy now.

mista k5
12785 posts
Thu Jul-30-20 09:28 AM

46. "i accidentally clicked on GD archives instead of GD"
In response to Reply # 0

i was so confused why so many old posts were on the first page and locked lol

mista k5
12785 posts
Thu Jul-30-20 04:17 PM

47. "im not sure why i stayed worried about my job"
In response to Reply # 0

all is well now. workload is light. i get annoyed but im paid well. no talks of cuts in hours. monthly hazard bonus pay for working in the office. just got told were getting the yearly pay raise.

yet im worried.

about to complete my third year here, have gotten 8% pay raise total from when i was hired. each year it feels like its kinda small but at least it happens every year without a fight.

looks like the pandemic may have affected the sale of the company, no conclusive word yet.

i wanted to take the news of the raise as a good sign but based on my last job it could easily turn south. could just be a morale boost before the bad news comes. department has been a bit up and down this year in workload and thats probably the biggest reason im worried. as far as i know the company is doing well, even increasing revenue through the pandemic. i cant help but feel like the economy will catch up with us eventually though.

not making any changes to the monthly budget, just use some of the new money to make bigger payments on credit cards.

maybe have a little monkey shoulder tonight.

Kira
Member since Nov 14th 2004
28253 posts
Thu Jul-30-20 05:41 PM

48. "Grandfather got dat rona"
In response to Reply # 0

He's on a respirator and the whole family is mad at me for reasons unbeknownst to me. Might be because I'm 3500+ miles away, oh well.

My childhood friend's mom got cancer throughout all this.

Thankfully I wasn't born in a greenhouse and dealt with worse so this doesn't hit hard.

No empathy for white misery (c) BDot

"root for everybody black haters say that's crazy, wow..."

MEAT
19599 posts
Thu Jul-30-20 07:29 PM

49. "Just found out my uncle passed and now I’m worried about my dad"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Jul-30-20 07:42 PM by MEAT

That man doesn’t handle loss or emotions well at all.
Uncle passed away yesterday morning
I’ve since been texting with my dad about bullshit as usual
My sister just called to tell me.
There are times when life just feels like an endless barrage of worry and loss.

-------

Lobby General Discussion topic #13396141 Previous topic | Next topic