Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13392398

Subject: "** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **" Previous topic | Next topic
Geah
Member since Feb 16th 2007
48407 posts
Wed Jul-08-20 03:53 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"

Zzz

@geahuwine

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
i got a question, as serious as cancer
Jul 08th 2020
My in-laws told us to... get the gats, gets the gats, where they at?
Jul 08th 2020
Been past time bruh. Ammunition availability is getting pretty bad
Jul 08th 2020
      Never been a fan of guns.. but in the South everyone has one
Jul 08th 2020
im working towards being able to look forward to each day
Jul 08th 2020
felt.
Jul 09th 2020
They took my cousin off life support on Facetime, RIP Big Mike
Jul 08th 2020
i'm so sorry. RIP
Jul 09th 2020
my condolences. my family just took my cousin off life support on Sunday...
Jul 09th 2020
Condolences and positive energy, bro.
Jul 10th 2020
condolences, man
Jul 10th 2020
coworker said he gets paid more than he deserves
Jul 08th 2020
#ffffff?
Jul 09th 2020
      you can tell im print design and not web design at all
Jul 10th 2020
RE: ** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **
Jul 08th 2020
i have a prescription glasses problem.
Jul 08th 2020
Um...I might need details on this.
Jul 09th 2020
Yeah. I need to stock-up on a few pairs of glasses myself
Jul 09th 2020
Zenni Optical is one of the most popular
Jul 09th 2020
      Yes. Most of my pairs are from Zenni and Payne.
Jul 09th 2020
wow 23 pairs??
Jul 09th 2020
Bruh, I had an exam and they wanted $350 and change
Jul 09th 2020
      that's what hit me in the head like a brick when i got home.
Jul 09th 2020
Thanks to PROMO and CherNic
Jul 09th 2020
      for sure. i love putting people on to this.
Jul 09th 2020
           Cool. I'll need to do this also.
Jul 09th 2020
           I bought a pair online for $95 and thought I was getting a deal
Jul 10th 2020
                I forgot about Warby Parker.
Jul 10th 2020
i discovered Magic Shave and now my domepiece is Lex Luthor.
Jul 09th 2020
LMAO! I tried that once back in the 90s
Jul 09th 2020
      yeah. previously i just used clippers with no attachment.
Jul 09th 2020
I hate almost everything about that Kanye for President post. n/m
Jul 09th 2020
Lmao.. that post is hilarious
Jul 10th 2020
Listening to 80's R&B makes me get all teary-eyed
Jul 10th 2020
A lady I grew up with lost her husband to Covid last night
Jul 11th 2020
RIP and positive energy to her and the fam.
Jul 12th 2020
It's 12-noon on Sunday. Been up since 3pm Saturday just playing guitar.
Jul 12th 2020

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16414 posts
Wed Jul-08-20 10:04 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "i got a question, as serious as cancer"
In response to Reply # 0

who is the first rapper to mention having their booty ate in a song?

lodi dodi by snoop came on yesterday and hearing the intro skit made me wonder. he cant be the first to mention it right? especially in a non-metaphorical or negative way.

mero wants to know.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79574 posts
Wed Jul-08-20 10:10 AM

2. "My in-laws told us to... get the gats, gets the gats, where they at? "
In response to Reply # 0

We’ve discussed it before and now it’s time. Going to go to the gun range and see what’s good.

Still working on this refi. Seems like every time we finish signing some shit they ask for another copy or another signature.

My daughter wasn’t sleeping thru the night and kept sneaking into our bed. We finally shut it down and after a few nights of screaming and tantrums she is now sleeping through the night. Glad that’s over.

Can’t wait to cook out this weekend. I cooked out last weekend for the in-laws. Ribs, chicken, shrimp, sweet sausage, hamburgers, hotdogs.. I went in and didn’t get to enjoy damn near any of it. It’s cool tho, my MIL is still in mourning over the loss of her mother so I wanted to make sure she didn’t have to worry about cooking for a week. I appreciate her and love that my in-laws are cool as shit.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13571 posts
Wed Jul-08-20 11:40 AM

4. "Been past time bruh. Ammunition availability is getting pretty bad"
In response to Reply # 2

Grab at least a few hundred rounds when you do grab so you can have some extra to shoot at the range every now and again.

legsdiamond
79574 posts
Wed Jul-08-20 12:59 PM

6. "Never been a fan of guns.. but in the South everyone has one"
In response to Reply # 4

and with the way things are going it’s time.

Different type of energy in the crib when there is a gun.

It’s time tho.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85066 posts
Wed Jul-08-20 10:19 AM

3. "im working towards being able to look forward to each day"
In response to Reply # 0

rather than the vacation i have in 2-3 weeks, or the date i have in a few days, or the game that comes out soon.

i think life is much easier when you are able to appreciate the day

<--- Big Baller World Order

Damali
Member since Sep 12th 2002
35865 posts
Thu Jul-09-20 11:04 AM

23. "felt."
In response to Reply # 3

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Wed Jul-08-20 12:54 PM

5. "They took my cousin off life support on Facetime, RIP Big Mike"
In response to Reply # 0

Went in the hospital in March, fluid build up around his heart, was placed in ICU.
Man didn't even make it to 50.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

Damali
35865 posts
Thu Jul-09-20 11:05 AM

24. "i'm so sorry. RIP"
In response to Reply # 5

PROMO
Charter member
30962 posts
Thu Jul-09-20 11:09 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
26. "my condolences. my family just took my cousin off life support on Sunday..."
In response to Reply # 5

she had just flown here last Thursday with here daughter. they live in Mississippi but her daughter's father lives here and she brought her daughter to see her dad and visit in general.

the day after they got here, she had a stroke and heart attack at a friends house. she had gone outside to get some air and people didn't think much of it until it became a little too long she had been gone. the friends finally went out to check on her and found her.

they revived her but she was brain dead.

life is precious and short. be well and tell your people you love em.

take care man.

flipnile
13571 posts
Fri Jul-10-20 08:17 AM

30. "Condolences and positive energy, bro."
In response to Reply # 5

Mynoriti
Charter member
38817 posts
Fri Jul-10-20 04:35 PM

34. "condolences, man"
In response to Reply # 5

much too young to go out

mista k5
16414 posts
Wed Jul-08-20 03:29 PM

7. "coworker said he gets paid more than he deserves"
In response to Reply # 0

stemmed from a discussion regarding a document that is meant for customer review. he wants to use it as a set up instruction.

he tells me that the machine operators dont know how to set up their own machine. that they will set it up like he tells them to. would be cool if he had a documented sop instead of trying to rely on someone who has never operated those machines to hold their hand.

i told him its weird that were having to baby sit them. he basically said hes happy to do so because he gets paid so much. that he does so many things that arent his responsibility and he has no complaints.

not sure theres any amount of salary that would make me say the same thing to another coworker. maybe that i get paid fairly to do what im doing...but too much???

i was trying to make a point with him that it would be better to empower the operators to master their tasks instead of giving them step by step instructions. once he said he gets paid too much i kinda just stepped back lol

Damali
35865 posts
Thu Jul-09-20 11:06 AM

25. "#ffffff?"
In response to Reply # 7

mista k5
16414 posts
Fri Jul-10-20 09:52 AM

32. "you can tell im print design and not web design at all"
In response to Reply # 25

took me until now to realize what you were asking lol

um hes definitely one of these latinos for trump dudes. very happy to be on this side of the border type.

Latina212
Member since Apr 28th 2003
8731 posts
Wed Jul-08-20 09:26 PM

8. "RE: ** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"
In response to Reply # 0

i've done my part to socially distance
and keep out of peoples way
then he came over
and i forgot my mask upstairs
and we kept our distance
until he was showing me something on his watch
and we were really close to each other
he's been at CLUBS and bars for the past couple of weeks
i'll be so mad at myself if i get sick

PROMO
Charter member
30962 posts
Wed Jul-08-20 09:48 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
9. "i have a prescription glasses problem."
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Jul-08-20 09:49 PM by PROMO

i used to have one pair of glasses that i'd wear all the time. before February i had the same pair for 6-7 years.

i noticed my near vision giving out early in the year. went for an exam in February. doc says everything is fine, i just have old eyes so i can either get bifocals or just take my glasses off when i read...and she tightened up my prescription just the slightest.

so my exam comes with frames so i figure fuck it, get some shit different from what i'm used to. i do that, then as i'm falling in love with my new frames and doing research i discover the world of inexpensive prescription frames online.

i never had a pair of sunglasses since i've worn glasses starting at the age of 17. so first pair i order online is a pair of sunglasses. that was in late February.

i now have 23 pairs (and growing) of frames from various online sellers, including 5 pairs of sunglasses. i have all sorts of materials, styles, shapes, etc.

i may need an intervention.

dagu
Member since Nov 25th 2005
1650 posts
Thu Jul-09-20 08:26 AM

10. "Um...I might need details on this."
In response to Reply # 9

>i discover the world of inexpensive prescription frames online.

---------------------

http://www.last.fm/user/dagu85

flipnile
13571 posts
Thu Jul-09-20 08:56 AM

11. "Yeah. I need to stock-up on a few pairs of glasses myself"
In response to Reply # 10

All mine are broken and taped together. Plus I wanna get some prescription safety glasses for when I'm working with tools.

you got links, PROMO?

CherNic
Member since Aug 18th 2005
37156 posts
Thu Jul-09-20 09:17 AM

13. "Zenni Optical is one of the most popular"
In response to Reply # 10

I'm 98% sure I first heard about it from Raina YEARS ago.

I have some pretty poor vision and even with my astigmatism my frames cost I think $65-$70 bucks with taxes, shipping, all that. Frames start at like $7 bucks and pricing increases as you add stuff like tranisiton lenses, that blue glare protection for screens, etc.

PROMO
Charter member
30962 posts
Thu Jul-09-20 10:27 AM

16. "Yes. Most of my pairs are from Zenni and Payne."
In response to Reply # 13

I believe they are the two biggest online sellers.

However, I think I "follow" like every online seller now so I'll catch deals here and there from sites that sell more "luxury" pairs (generic pairs, not name brand, but clearly intended to represent luxury) and i'll cop on occasion.

I caught some fire pairs on some 4th of July sales.

mista k5
16414 posts
Thu Jul-09-20 09:14 AM

12. "wow 23 pairs??"
In response to Reply # 9

i dont think i could get back to buying prescription glasses in store anymore. so much cheaper online. i do need a new exam but im gonna wait on that. i will probably get a pair of sunglasses and a regular pair next time. might do transitions on the second pair.

legsdiamond
79574 posts
Thu Jul-09-20 09:55 AM

14. "Bruh, I had an exam and they wanted $350 and change"
In response to Reply # 12

for some glasses. The fuck?

Had the nerve to tell me they don’t take Blue Cross/Blue Shield

My response: sooo.. and can take this anywhere to get glasses?

I left so fast I forgot my pupils were still dilated and almost burned my eyes in the sun.

PROMO
Charter member
30962 posts
Thu Jul-09-20 10:24 AM

15. "that's what hit me in the head like a brick when i got home."
In response to Reply # 14
Thu Jul-09-20 10:28 AM by PROMO

i mean, i went to America's Best and left with two pairs of Prive Reveaux's (Jamie Foxx's company - along with other celeb owners) which are nice but it was like $90 bucks - not crazy pricey.

but then I got to looking around and found Zenni and Payne which i believe are the two biggest online sellers of prescription and was like, "why even pay the $90?".

I can honestly say I've only thing I've ever gotten too that I didn't think was quality was a clip on sunglasses piece. other than that, everything has been great.

also, i have a very simple prescription which helps keep the cost down (like, if you're wild blind you have to get more complex lenses, etc. which ups the price). also, I don't do fancy shit like blu blocking/transition/etc.

dagu
1650 posts
Thu Jul-09-20 10:38 AM

18. "Thanks to PROMO and CherNic"
In response to Reply # 9

I keep mine for far too long because of the price too so I'm long overdue for an upgrade.

---------------------

PROMO
Charter member
30962 posts
Thu Jul-09-20 10:45 AM

19. "for sure. i love putting people on to this."
In response to Reply # 18

I would start with Zenni.

They have great frames, and great customer service.

Depending on your lenses (what you need plus any options you want), you can get really nice pairs for as low as $11 including tax and shipping.

Just make sure you don't put the ADD value (if you know it) in your prescription unless you are trying to get bifocals.

I had to educate myself on what each number in my prescription means because my doctor gave me the ADD value and since there was a spot for it on the site I assumed I needed it. The Add (an abbreviation for Reading Addition), is the additional correction required for reading. Anyways, i have one pair that I don't even wear that i had made with the ADD value so if i were to wear and try to look to the side, it's magnifying my vision so everything just looks weird AF.

dagu
1650 posts
Thu Jul-09-20 10:51 AM

21. "Cool. I'll need to do this also."
In response to Reply # 19

>I had to educate myself on what each number in my prescription
>means because my doctor gave me the ADD value and since there
>was a spot for it on the site I assumed I needed it.

I used to have an extra pair that I would just keep in my car in case I left my other one in the house or office and didn't feel like going back to get it (especially the long-ass walk at work). Maybe I'll start doing that again.

I also have a near heart attack when I can't find my glasses since I only have one pair.

---------------------

legsdiamond
79574 posts
Fri Jul-10-20 07:56 AM

28. "I bought a pair online for $95 and thought I was getting a deal"
In response to Reply # 19

Warbyparker

Those joints stiff as hell tho...

I’m gonna try zenni to see if they have something that fits better.

PROMO
Charter member
30962 posts
Fri Jul-10-20 09:45 AM

31. "I forgot about Warby Parker."
In response to Reply # 28
Fri Jul-10-20 09:46 AM by PROMO

I mean, compared to how eye clinics can bop you, $95 ain't terrible and fwiw they have a huge selection.

As far as Zenni goes and other online sellers go, I've found the key is to knowing your measurements. Most online sellers have a Virtual Try-On (it captures your face so watch for the Ops - government gonna get me if they want at this point so i'm not trippin'). The virtual try on isn't perfect by any means but it will give you a representation of how the frames will look on your face.

But yeah, once you do find a pair that you like as far as fit and how it looks on your face, you can use that as a measuring stick for all other pairs.

For instance, because I have a giant dome I know any frames that are 142mm or wider are gonna fit and look good which I discovered by ordering frames then going back to peep the measurements. So now, when I go on, they have tons of filters so I just filter right to frames that are 142mm or wider (some sites use S/M/L/XL for their filter in which case I usually use L and XL but once you click on a pair it usually has the actual measurements)

PROMO
Charter member
30962 posts
Thu Jul-09-20 10:29 AM

17. "i discovered Magic Shave and now my domepiece is Lex Luthor."
In response to Reply # 0

never going back.

Marbles
Member since Oct 19th 2004
22289 posts
Thu Jul-09-20 10:47 AM

20. "LMAO! I tried that once back in the 90s"
In response to Reply # 17

I decided to stick with a razor for my head.

PROMO
Charter member
30962 posts
Thu Jul-09-20 10:53 AM

22. "yeah. previously i just used clippers with no attachment."
In response to Reply # 20

i've balded out so it looks good right when it's cut but once it has a couple days grow back then i look like a grandpa so i either gotta roll with that or cut my hair every 2-3 days and i just got tired of it.

Marbles
Member since Oct 19th 2004
22289 posts
Thu Jul-09-20 01:20 PM

27. "I hate almost everything about that Kanye for President post. n/m"
In response to Reply # 0

legsdiamond
79574 posts
Fri Jul-10-20 08:04 AM

29. "Lmao.. that post is hilarious"
In response to Reply # 27

Folks giving real ass breakdowns on how Kanye can pull votes and even win.

flipnile
13571 posts
Fri Jul-10-20 11:11 AM

33. "Listening to 80's R&B makes me get all teary-eyed"
In response to Reply # 0

Simpler times.

Crazy that the crack era in the big city seems like the good ol' days compared to the world now.

legsdiamond
79574 posts
Sat Jul-11-20 08:07 AM

35. "A lady I grew up with lost her husband to Covid last night "
In response to Reply # 0

He was in his late 30’s.

Shit infuriates me when I read about people who “don’t know anyone who has it so it has to be a hoax“

flipnile
13571 posts
Sun Jul-12-20 11:06 AM

37. "RIP and positive energy to her and the fam."
In response to Reply # 35

Gotta be unimaginably-rough.

flipnile
13571 posts
Sun Jul-12-20 10:59 AM

36. "It's 12-noon on Sunday. Been up since 3pm Saturday just playing guitar."
In response to Reply # 0

Still on this train, lol. Shocked my hands don't hurt. About to go outside, into the sunshine...

...and trying not to take the acoustic with me, smh. About to be *that* dude out getting busy in the park today.

Love y'all, hope all is well.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13392398 Previous topic | Next topic