1. I just saw the gameplay trailer for Cyberpunk 2077, why do so many cars still have the same physics and sounds from PS1
2. How many FPS Battle Royale and/or Halo type games need to be made? They've taken the mantle of when everyone was trying to make their own fighter, but 19 years after HALO first came out can we do something else. Unreal came out in 99, Halo 2001 ... sheesh.
3. The 8-16 Bit rogue lites were cool in small doses ... but when you're not doing anything unique with the sprites then the whole genre is saturated.
4. I'm tired of the camera tricks. Breath of the wild was a remarkable game, but it wasn't long after starting that I realized I could place a finger on the screen where Link is, and it would stay on him the whole time. I'm an old. I can remember the physics behind controlling an avatar across the whole screen, the fixed camera generating map still doesn't sit right with my brain. Galaga, Pac-Man, Donkey Kong all let you explore the whole screen.
5. I'm looking forward to this next paper mario, it has some interesting physics. But what sucks is that mario needs to appeal to kids as their target audience, so all of this extra instruction and guides takes the joy away from it. For background Mario 1 2 and 3 appealed to kids too and didn't hold your hand through specific words just design language, it wasn't until the Super Mario World on SNES that you got instructions.
6. Killer Instinct is the best fighter of all time.
------- “There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus
12. "I did think the Switch was kind of a game changer" In response to Reply # 9 Mon Jun-29-20 04:36 PM by sectachrome86
because of the ability to use it in handheld mode. I've used it way more that way than connected to my TV. Easy to just pick up and play whenever, wherever. Zelda BOW is actually really good. I got pretty far in it but haven't finished. I need to get back on that. I did finish Mario Odyssey.
13. "This is where I"m at. " In response to Reply # 3
>I can never finish games even if Im enjoying them. I will get >to a point where its been "too long" since I played last and >then I never pick it up again. Same with books actually.
Actually forced myself to revisit some old games recently. I have a glut of games I need to get back to. Last games I "finished" were AC Odyssey and Borderlands 3. And I have DLC for both that I"m only meh about getting thru. (AC Odyssey is basically the never-ending game)
Metal Gear Phantom Pain? I think if I get back to that, I"m just gonna start all over. Trying to remember a control scheme after you haven't played a game for a while is a pain, especially since the intro/tutorial gives you the proper context on when and how to use certain moves. I need to get back to RDR 2 as well.
I do better at games where there really is no end. I've poured hours into Elite Dangerous and NMS. Even tactical games where there are endings are more about the experience than the end. That's why I'll pick up Xcom or Tropico before I get thru an adventure game.
5. "Fallout 76 is not terrible, it's actually really good. " In response to Reply # 0
Is the cap limit annoying? yes.
Are the game mechanics frustrating at times? yes.
its a dope game, it seems the people who complain the most are the folks who play the game waaaaay too much. Too much in this case meaning 8 hours a day, they've played every event twice, earned everything possible.
10. "This site schooled me to Mafia 3. I want more of that." In response to Reply # 0
A Black lead going around "New Orleans" in 1968 murdering racists? One of the missions is massacring a klan rally. I'm not a gamer, but when I find one I like, I live in that shit. I played through M3 8/9 times now.
18. "I miss 2D adventure games like Legend of Zelda & Zelda 3" In response to Reply # 0
Secret of Maya and Secret of Evermore were dope too. Basic overhead graphics with a focus of figuring out things and solving puzzles, rather than the modern focus of really dope graphics and button-mashing action.
The GTA series is pretty dope tho.
Madden sucks. Same game for the past 20 years, just with graphics and roster updates. FOH EA.
Simulation games (which are my favorite) have gotten worse over the years, for the same reason that adventure games have: Focus of graphics and other shit that doesn't matter to a simulation.
I've never played an online console game. Not once. If I can't play it alone then it's wack to me.