Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13390104

Subject: "I'm sorry yall, but these fireworks are.... " Previous topic | Next topic
imcvspl
Member since Mar 07th 2005
42239 posts
Sun Jun-21-20 10:16 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"I'm sorry yall, but these fireworks are.... "

Don't know the right words. But something ain't adding up and most of the fingers are being pointed at our youth.

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." � Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
It's strange. The other day I heard fireworks 4 in the morning
Jun 22nd 2020
You ever seen "The Dancer Upstairs"?
Jun 22nd 2020
I read about this just this morning
Jun 22nd 2020
maybe it is psyops
Jun 22nd 2020
      I get that
Jun 22nd 2020
      I feel like occam is double edged here
Jun 22nd 2020
           Yeah that's the thing:
Jun 22nd 2020
           cities/downtowns are also quieter right now than they've been
Jun 22nd 2020
                So you are saying if it were a normal summer evening we wouldn't
Jun 22nd 2020
                     ok
Jun 22nd 2020
Started hearing them last night big time...assumed it was just bored fol...
Jun 22nd 2020
Ain’t shit else to do right now
Jun 22nd 2020
A friend said they think what is happening is since a lot of the big
Jun 22nd 2020
Why sell to niggaz? That's the question.
Jun 22nd 2020
      Yeah I thought of that too...
Jun 22nd 2020
There's a couple of viral debunking threads going around
Jun 22nd 2020
What do y'all think of this?:
Jun 22nd 2020
I hesitate to trust the conclusions of people that go viral with long th...
Jun 22nd 2020
extremely atypical
Jun 22nd 2020
Shit has my kid terrified.
Jun 22nd 2020
my son hates loud, sudden noises in general.
Jun 22nd 2020
Hmm that's interesting:
Jun 22nd 2020
      I get this
Jun 22nd 2020
they were letting off a few...
Jun 22nd 2020
something isn't right
Jun 23rd 2020
Is it to artificially inflate police calls for stats?
Jun 24th 2020
wow....very intriguing
Jun 24th 2020
that's not a thing
Jun 27th 2020
deblasio: more fireworks for everyone!
Jun 27th 2020

micMajestic
Charter member
22938 posts
Mon Jun-22-20 12:47 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "It's strange. The other day I heard fireworks 4 in the morning"
In response to Reply # 0

It's been the 4th of July for at least a week & a half. When did fireworks become so popular?

mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44717 posts
Mon Jun-22-20 12:51 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "You ever seen "The Dancer Upstairs"?"
In response to Reply # 0

Short version: It's about a covert revolution going in a Central American country. One of the plot points is that the revolutionaries communicate with each other in the cities using fireworks as signals.

Now, I really, really, REALLY doubt that's what going on. But I'm hearing people complain about it in major cities all across the country. It's a interesting explanation than the more obvious/likely one: people are just getting them for cheap and shooting them off early.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

Jonjuan
Member since Apr 05th 2004
2292 posts
Mon Jun-22-20 12:54 AM

3. "I read about this just this morning"
In response to Reply # 0

According to some it's a war strategy being enacted upon the people.

Did he just did this?

- J. Starks

Rjcc
Charter member
94964 posts
Mon Jun-22-20 01:05 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "maybe it is psyops"
In response to Reply # 3

but I have a rule about conspiracies and who would see through them that has worked very well in the past and so far the needle says nope

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

Jonjuan
Member since Apr 05th 2004
2292 posts
Mon Jun-22-20 01:11 AM

5. "I get that"
In response to Reply # 4

Did he just did this?

- J. Starks

imcvspl
42239 posts
Mon Jun-22-20 08:19 AM

9. "I feel like occam is double edged here"
In response to Reply # 4

It is far simpler to go with boredom but the trend is sooooo high. It's been two weeks. These are not the types of fireworks you cop from your boy. Urban settings across the country.

And the results, an increase in reports to police. Thinking about that as a statistic at a time when defund the police is the debate.

It just ain't sitting right with me. But trying to make it make sense gets equally convoluted.

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." � Miles

lightworks
Member since Feb 17th 2006
5818 posts
Mon Jun-22-20 08:37 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
12. "Yeah that's the thing:"
In response to Reply # 9

>It's been two weeks. These are not the types of
>fireworks you cop from your boy. Urban settings across the
>country.

I know we all have that "was that a gunshot or fireworks?" question the closer we get to July 4th every year but this year in particular it started way earlier and when they are happening it is going on way longer than a few here or there nightly.

That's the puzzling thing to me, like why is this so different now?

Also here in DC I have heard them going on in the day time which is SUPER weird to me as it is so damn counterproductive.

Thank god niggas didn't have access to these fireworks when the Floyd protests were gigantic lol.

Rjcc
Charter member
94964 posts
Mon Jun-22-20 09:23 AM

16. "cities/downtowns are also quieter right now than they've been"
In response to Reply # 9

in many, many decades. especially at night.

and everybody is on edge.

I can't prove it's not psyops/cointelpro/whatever but there's so many layers of other things that make this summer different

lightworks
5818 posts
Mon Jun-22-20 10:10 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
19. "So you are saying if it were a normal summer evening we wouldn't"
In response to Reply # 16

notice the increased amount of fireworks per night?

And that the only reason we notice it now is because it is quiet outside now?

I don't agree with that.

Rjcc
Charter member
94964 posts
Mon Jun-22-20 10:39 AM

22. "ok"
In response to Reply # 19

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44615 posts
Mon Jun-22-20 06:44 AM

6. "Started hearing them last night big time...assumed it was just bored fol..."
In response to Reply # 0

excited to be making a bunch of racket...that and most of the fireworks pop-ups just opened up around my way on Friday.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79574 posts
Mon Jun-22-20 07:52 AM

7. "Ain’t shit else to do right now"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Jun-22-20 07:53 AM by legsdiamond

at first I was a little concerned but it’s normal for my area to have fireworks around the 4th. It’s just a week earlier than normal.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

lightworks
5818 posts
Mon Jun-22-20 08:17 AM

8. "A friend said they think what is happening is since a lot of the big"
In response to Reply # 0

fireworks shows will be cancelled this year that people are letting the fireworks go for cheap.

Selling massive amounts of professional grade fireworks to niggas sounds like a horrible idea to me but maybe it really is that simple.

imcvspl
42239 posts
Mon Jun-22-20 08:21 AM

10. "Why sell to niggaz? That's the question. "
In response to Reply # 8

Reminds me of the vid of mofos trying to hand out bricks.

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's

lightworks
5818 posts
Mon Jun-22-20 08:32 AM

11. "Yeah I thought of that too..."
In response to Reply # 10

Then I thought maybe they are selling it to white folks who then sell it to niggas (just like with drugs hmmmm) but either way letting go of professional fireworks for cheap seems dumb to me.

I have no idea if they have expiration dates or not but I don't see why you can't just hold onto them for another year when Coronavirus won't be as bad and people will do fireworks shows again.

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Mon Jun-22-20 08:39 AM

13. "There's a couple of viral debunking threads going around"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Jun-22-20 08:40 AM by MEAT

But all they mention is the affordability. It'd be nice if someone came with some actual data on noise disturbance calls to 311 and backdating to see uptick.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

lightworks
5818 posts
Mon Jun-22-20 08:52 AM

14. "What do y'all think of this?:"
In response to Reply # 0

https://twitter.com/SonofBaldwin/status/1274341678846009349

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Mon Jun-22-20 09:12 AM

15. "I hesitate to trust the conclusions of people that go viral with long th..."
In response to Reply # 14

They tend to have decent theories, but they end with such certainty that it's hard to trust.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Mon Jun-22-20 09:54 AM

17. "extremely atypical"
In response to Reply # 0

to say the least.

It's rarely this much, this soon...and this type.

there are m-80's going off REPEATEDLY. Typically you'll get one per night...around 11 cause the police are DEFINITELY coming. But I haven't heard ANY police responses.

I'm seeing airbombs going off within a mile of the crib which is weird.

something's afoot.

IG: amadu_me

"...Whateva, man..." (c) Redman

legsdiamond
79574 posts
Mon Jun-22-20 09:59 AM

18. "Shit has my kid terrified. "
In response to Reply # 17

she hates fireworks.

I did think it was off how consistent it ha ls been the last week. Like it’s on a schedule.

and I admit, I definitely thought this was big guns the first time I heard it.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

PROMO
Charter member
30962 posts
Mon Jun-22-20 10:43 AM

23. "my son hates loud, sudden noises in general."
In response to Reply # 18

i live in an area where it's legal, and we're close to the biggest reservation in WA.

thus, people been popping off already for about 4 or 5 days.

i hate it for him. i used to love fireworks as a kid, now i really kinda hate them.

also, learning about America's real history also sort of makes you side-eye fireworks, or it did for me.

lightworks
5818 posts
Mon Jun-22-20 10:14 AM

20. "Hmm that's interesting:"
In response to Reply # 17

>But I haven't heard ANY police responses.

Someone said maybe it is the police doing it to try to make some sort of point since everyone wants to defund the police right now, not sure if that makes sense but your good point about not hearing police responses even though the amount of fireworks are increasing is accurate and interesting.

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Mon Jun-22-20 11:01 AM

24. "I get this"
In response to Reply # 20

>Someone said maybe it is the police doing it to try to make
>some sort of point since everyone wants to defund the police
>right now, not sure if that makes sense but your good point
>about not hearing police responses even though the amount of
>fireworks are increasing is accurate and interesting.

^^ Long Beach's Police presence has APPEARED to remain pretty consistent. I'm just a bit east of the infamous Eastside. I say that to say that THIS is the side of town where '12' DOES show up. Even 'back in the days' the police will let a FEW firecrackers slide...but if you settin' of m-80's they're gonna show up. Even for the mischievous priviliged kids.

I also haven't seen any firework booths. 4th of July is in 2 weeks. Fireworks are illegal in certain cities, but you could typically just hop to the next city over.

I ain't seen SHIT.

IG: amadu_me

"...Whateva, man..." (c) Redman

Dstl1
Charter member
56227 posts
Mon Jun-22-20 10:34 AM

21. "they were letting off a few..."
In response to Reply # 0

yesterday evening at like 6. Not far from my house. Weird because it's broad daylight at that time. They were sporadic, too...and they fa sho sounded like gunshots. So much so, that when it was time for my son to take the dog out, I told him I would do it. Sure enough, I walk out of my garage and the police are on my street. The house they were at...an older couple in their 60's lives there...but they have three kids and they were all over with their families. I guess they were gettin it in...seems weird at that time of day, though. I can't call it.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Latina212
Member since Apr 28th 2003
8731 posts
Tue Jun-23-20 10:41 PM

25. "something isn't right"
In response to Reply # 0

https://twitter.com/AYOArielleGrace/status/1274555085088063489

legsdiamond
79574 posts
Wed Jun-24-20 05:41 AM

26. "Is it to artificially inflate police calls for stats? "
In response to Reply # 25

or is this just people who sell fireworks trying to get rid of shit since covid is going to put a dent in firework sales?

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44615 posts
Wed Jun-24-20 06:29 AM

27. "wow....very intriguing "

Jay Doz
Member since Dec 13th 2005
8663 posts
Sat Jun-27-20 12:05 PM

29. "that's not a thing"

at least the whole "I was psyops and this is what we did" angle that was subtweeted

if you're curious what psyops means from the perspective of military applications, or what those in that field actually do, you can read the field manual here:
https://fas.org/irp/doddir/army/fm3-05-301.pdf

-------
"A man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards. More than that no man is entitled, and less than that no man shall have." - TR

Reeq
Member since Mar 11th 2013
16347 posts
Sat Jun-27-20 11:20 AM

28. "deblasio: more fireworks for everyone!"
In response to Reply # 0

if theres anything deblasio is known for nowadays...its having his finger on the pulse of the city and responding to the needs of the people.

https://twitter.com/fox5ny/status/1275432419861188608
-----
BREAKING: Mayor de Blasio announces Macy's and NYC will put on a small fireworks show in each borough starting June 29 and leading up to televised finale on July 4.
-----

Lobby General Discussion topic #13390104 Previous topic | Next topic