Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13388234

Subject: "** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **" Previous topic | Next topic
Geah
Member since Feb 16th 2007
48407 posts
Tue Jun-09-20 11:02 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"

Nada

@geahuwine

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Back at work in the office
Jun 10th 2020
i think alternating weeks is pretty solid
Jun 10th 2020
Oh.. it wasn’t all bad.
Jun 10th 2020
      Or they do and it's awful in a different way
Jun 10th 2020
           My oldest set her book up like a laptop to do work
Jun 10th 2020
Same...
Jun 10th 2020
      You def have to crunch the numbers.
Jun 11th 2020
RE: ** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **
Jun 10th 2020
thanks for reminding me i need to make my payment lol
Jun 10th 2020
      Wait. You do know payments are suspended until September
Jun 10th 2020
      i have federal student loans not held by the government
Jun 10th 2020
           Now would be a good time to look in a refi.
Jun 10th 2020
      Lol mine is automatic
Jun 10th 2020
           i really need to use auto payments more
Jun 10th 2020
                You usually save like .25% if you autopay too
Jun 11th 2020
there are a decent amount of hip hop "classics" that i have not heard
Jun 10th 2020
I need to know what I’m talking about...
Jun 10th 2020
different answers are okay imo
Jun 11th 2020
      fair point...
Jun 11th 2020
I’m burnt out and depressed.
Jun 10th 2020
i'm resigning from my job. i will be gone by November (no wyclef)
Jun 10th 2020
Oh Canada?
Jun 11th 2020
      Ay.
Jun 11th 2020
I tired a Popeyes Chicken Sandwich for the first time on Monday!
Jun 11th 2020
i think ive had it like 4 times
Jun 11th 2020
      Right. That line mess was for the birds.
Jun 11th 2020
      Had it once. Wasn’t impressed
Jun 11th 2020

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79554 posts
Wed Jun-10-20 10:56 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Back at work in the office"
In response to Reply # 0

Small company so we are keeping our distance. Feels good to be back to work. WFH is awesome if you don’t have young kids. My anxiety level was up because it’s hard to read emails and text vs in person.

We are looking to refi into a 15 or 10 year mortgage. 10 actually seems doable. It’s only a few hundred more than what we pay now. 15 would be a little less than what we pay now. Either one is attractive. My in-laws say we should only refi if it’s 2% points less. I don’t even think that’s possible since we bought right after the slump at 4.25%.

My 4 year old daughter has major attitude. I know part of it is because we worked from home and we weren’t able to give her full attention but damn.. we don’t like her right now. Always love her but she is mad funky with her attitude. I spoiled her so much she can’t handle when I tell her no.

Her younger sister is her muscle too. She ran up on me the other day defending her sister. I was proud but also like “wtf”

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16412 posts
Wed Jun-10-20 11:07 AM

3. "i think alternating weeks is pretty solid"
In response to Reply # 1

i would prefer to do work from home and come in as needed but doing one week at home then one at the office isnt too bad.

i dont like having to carry my laptop and cables once a week but its very doable. i really need to do a proper set up at home too but i can do >80% of my work working just on the laptop without issue.

i dont know how long it will continue. initially we had a schedule for like 6 weeks that ended in the middle of may. i sent an email asking the boss what was up for the next week and he said continue until further notice. they extended a modified emergency order locally until the first week of july so im guessing at least until then.

one negative is that i only get half of the "hazard pay bonus" they started giving monthly. im guessing my coworker got the full bonus the first month even though she didnt come into the office for like a month and a half straight lol im not gonna mention that to the boss though.

they told us the sale of the company is in the final stages, hopefully that doesnt mean bad changes/layoffs. were supposed to get a cut from the sale. that might be real nice.

legsdiamond
79554 posts
Wed Jun-10-20 11:18 AM

5. "Oh.. it wasn’t all bad. "
In response to Reply # 3

Just hard for us because kids at that age don’t understand why you have to work.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22256 posts
Wed Jun-10-20 12:44 PM

9. "Or they do and it's awful in a different way"
In response to Reply # 5

The other day my daughter asked me to play her and she play me
She had me sit on the floor and watch TV, then got up in a chair
I said where are you going
She told me on a work call

It was whack, I feel like I'm abandoning her. And right now I'm only doing like 2-6 hours a week "at work" and also watching her, the rest of the time my wife is with her but she has to go in.

But yeah.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

legsdiamond
79554 posts
Wed Jun-10-20 01:12 PM

11. "My oldest set her book up like a laptop to do work"
In response to Reply # 9

Had us in our feels for a minute.

and now that I’m back at work she asked me to work at home.

soulpsychodelicyde
Member since Nov 18th 2003
12147 posts
Wed Jun-10-20 02:55 PM

13. "Same..."
In response to Reply # 1

>We are looking to refi into a 15 or 10 year mortgage. 10
>actually seems doable. It’s only a few hundred more than
>what we pay now. 15 would be a little less than what we pay
>now. Either one is attractive. My in-laws say we should only
>refi if it’s 2% points less. I don’t even think that’s
>possible since we bought right after the slump at 4.25%.
>

I'm at 4.25% as well except my goal is to lower my payment vs. pay off my mortgage. Waiting on my bank to call me back with some numbers b/c if it's not a $200ish difference per month it might not be worth it. Rates are super low but I don't know that 3.5% or whatever is gonna make that big a difference.

legsdiamond
79554 posts
Thu Jun-11-20 08:14 AM

19. "You def have to crunch the numbers. "
In response to Reply # 13

We are looking to shave our interest payments significantly so we are going to try for the 10 year since it’s only $250 more a month and we can fit that into our budget.

Latina212
Member since Apr 28th 2003
8731 posts
Wed Jun-10-20 11:04 AM

2. "RE: ** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"
In response to Reply # 0

my student loan website is down. I hope someone took the whole network and everything I owe down

I finally found the motivation to workout. And for that alone I’m enjoying the ability to work from home and take breaks to workout. Considering we might not go back in until the end of the year, I have six months to make a significant change.

mista k5
16412 posts
Wed Jun-10-20 11:09 AM

4. "thanks for reminding me i need to make my payment lol"
In response to Reply # 2

heres to your hope being true

one week that i was working from home was so slow that i did start working out. cant say ive found much motivation since then lol i really need to.

legsdiamond
79554 posts
Wed Jun-10-20 11:58 AM

6. "Wait. You do know payments are suspended until September"
In response to Reply # 4

Unless you have private loans

mista k5
16412 posts
Wed Jun-10-20 12:01 PM

7. "i have federal student loans not held by the government"
In response to Reply # 6

whatever sense that makes lol

for most purposes they are federal loans, not private, but in this instance they are treated like private loans

tariqhu
Charter member
17882 posts
Wed Jun-10-20 12:02 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
8. "Now would be a good time to look in a refi."
In response to Reply # 7

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

Latina212
Member since Apr 28th 2003
8731 posts
Wed Jun-10-20 01:02 PM

10. "Lol mine is automatic"
In response to Reply # 4

But I was going to make an extra payment today

mista k5
16412 posts
Wed Jun-10-20 02:29 PM

12. "i really need to use auto payments more"
In response to Reply # 10

legsdiamond
79554 posts
Thu Jun-11-20 08:18 AM

20. "You usually save like .25% if you autopay too"
In response to Reply # 12

If you aren’t struggling to make payments autopay is a no brainer.

mista k5
16412 posts
Wed Jun-10-20 04:42 PM

14. "there are a decent amount of hip hop "classics" that i have not heard"
In response to Reply # 0

or am not familiar with enough to say that i love them..or dont. meaning there are some albums that i see listed in all time top 50 lists and i think i should listen to them. then songs from the albums come on in my thumbs up playlist. so at some point i at least heard some of it but i dont really remember it.

mostly wu-tang and their solo projects.

might be my habits. when i go back i want to listen to someones full discography and not just their best album. cant really do that every day.

dogg food is another that i never got around to. youtube music keeps throwing songs from it on "my mix" and im digging it.

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Wed Jun-10-20 04:49 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
15. "I need to know what I’m talking about..."
In response to Reply # 0

before I can tell someone what I’m talking about (c) Lauryn Hill

I keep asking myself, “what do we want?”
like, when I hear folks say justice
what does justice look like?
there’s a lot of different answers...

CherNic
Member since Aug 18th 2005
37156 posts
Thu Jun-11-20 08:34 AM

21. "different answers are okay imo"
In response to Reply # 15
Thu Jun-11-20 08:34 AM by CherNic

Justice is the goal, but there won't be one route. Justice for you and I may not be the same, and I think that's okay.

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Thu Jun-11-20 10:42 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
27. "fair point..."
In response to Reply # 21

I get it.

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22256 posts
Wed Jun-10-20 07:26 PM

16. "I’m burnt out and depressed. "
In response to Reply # 0

There’s not enough room or time for true self care, endorphins from exercise have their limitations, and the entirety of outlets for escapism are now filled with ruminations on the entirety of Black misery.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

Damali
Member since Sep 12th 2002
35863 posts
Wed Jun-10-20 11:34 PM

17. "i'm resigning from my job. i will be gone by November (no wyclef)"
In response to Reply # 0

hopefully sooner if i get this job i'm interviewing for

i've already told my Board and all the staff

i feel free now

d

legsdiamond
79554 posts
Thu Jun-11-20 06:57 AM

18. "Oh Canada? "
In response to Reply # 17

Damali
Member since Sep 12th 2002
35863 posts
Thu Jun-11-20 03:11 PM

24. "Ay."
In response to Reply # 18

already had one really good phone interview
*fingers crossed*

d

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Thu Jun-11-20 12:01 PM

22. "I tired a Popeyes Chicken Sandwich for the first time on Monday!"
In response to Reply # 0

I've been missing out! Even mo bougie foodie wife loved it.

“It was the evidence from science and history that prompted me to abandon my atheism and become a Christian.” — Lee Strobel, The Case for Christ

The Case for Christ Lecture: https://youtu.be/67uj2qvQi_k

Good News: https://www.goodnewsnetwork

mista k5
16412 posts
Thu Jun-11-20 12:12 PM

23. "i think ive had it like 4 times"
In response to Reply # 22

its good, i waited for the hype to die before i tried it. definitely wouldnt have waited in a long line for it lol

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Thu Jun-11-20 05:12 PM

25. "Right. That line mess was for the birds. "
In response to Reply # 23

“It was the evidence from science and history that prompted me to abandon my atheism and become a Christian.” — Lee Strobel, The Case for Christ

The Case for Christ Lecture: https://youtu.be/67uj2qvQi_k

Good News: https://www.goodnewsnetwork

legsdiamond
79554 posts
Thu Jun-11-20 09:17 PM

26. "Had it once. Wasn’t impressed"
In response to Reply # 23

I’d rather have a 3 wing combo.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13388234 Previous topic | Next topic