Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13387754

Subject: "Carolina Black Panthers fire CPI Security for being racist. " Previous topic | Next topic
legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79560 posts
Mon Jun-08-20 06:44 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Carolina Black Panthers fire CPI Security for being racist. "

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29276795/panthers-cut-ties-cpi-security-ceo-comments-police-brutality

The Carolina Panthers have terminated their partnership with Charlotte-based CPI Security, the team announced Saturday night, in the wake of comments by the company's founder and CEO downplaying police brutality against people of color.

Ken Gill's comments came in response to an open letter sent by Jorge Millares, the executive director of local community group Queen City Unity, to city leaders calling for police reform.

"Please spend your time in a more productive way. I challenge your statistics," Gill wrote in his emailed reply to Millares, a screenshot of which was posted to the organization's website. "A better use of time, would be to focus on the black on black crime and senseless killing of our young men by other young men."

Gill's remarks prompted Queen City Unity to call for a complete boycott of CPI Security and ask that sports teams "such as the Carolina Panthers and Charlotte Hornets ... consider severing ties with CPI and Kenneth Gill."

The Hornets announced in a tweet Sunday that "it is appropriate at this time to end our partnership with CPI."

Gill later apologized for his comments in a statement, noting that they "did not directly address the public's outcry for racial justice and equality in the wake of George Floyd's senseless killing."

According to the Charlotte Observer, CPI Security has been a close local partner of the Panthers for many years.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
if a topic ever was a can of worms its this one...
Jun 08th 2020
Oldest diversion in the book
Jun 08th 2020
      how did yall make out with the protests? i didnt hear too much about
Jun 08th 2020
           First night was rough but it’s been pretty chill since then
Jun 08th 2020
I really thought that said Kendall Gill at first
Jun 08th 2020
my dude...
Jun 08th 2020
      it's wild how quickly my mind saw charlotte and gill and inserted the re...
Jun 09th 2020
thats huge locally. CPI may as well shut it down
Jun 08th 2020
Heard his employees walked out of a meeting with him
Jun 08th 2020
Cheesy Eyes pulls the plug too.
Jun 08th 2020
these racist cocksuckers with these dumb ass excuses...
Jun 08th 2020
That hate is strong bruh
Jun 08th 2020

mikediggz
Member since Dec 02nd 2003
10137 posts
Mon Jun-08-20 10:54 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "if a topic ever was a can of worms its this one..."
In response to Reply # 0

black on black vs cops on black...sheesh

legsdiamond
79560 posts
Mon Jun-08-20 11:23 AM

2. "Oldest diversion in the book"
In response to Reply # 1

It’s right next to bringing up a criminal past.

It’s their way of justifying murder. The only reason cops kill unarmed people is because of crime stats in the hood. If we didn’t kill each other then then surely the cops would treat us better.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

mikediggz
Member since Dec 02nd 2003
10137 posts
Mon Jun-08-20 11:31 AM

3. "how did yall make out with the protests? i didnt hear too much about"
In response to Reply # 2

QC...Raleigh and Fayetteville were off the chain

legsdiamond
79560 posts
Mon Jun-08-20 11:47 AM

6. "First night was rough but it’s been pretty chill since then"
In response to Reply # 3

A few rioters and looting but nothing major.

Rjcc
Charter member
94963 posts
Mon Jun-08-20 11:35 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "I really thought that said Kendall Gill at first"
In response to Reply # 0

and I was very confused

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

Dstl1
Charter member
56226 posts
Mon Jun-08-20 12:46 PM

9. "my dude..."
In response to Reply # 4

I was looking at the screen blinking fast as shit, like..."damn, not Kendall!!"

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Rjcc
Charter member
94963 posts
Tue Jun-09-20 11:51 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
12. "it's wild how quickly my mind saw charlotte and gill and inserted the re..."
In response to Reply # 9

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85056 posts
Mon Jun-08-20 11:46 AM

5. "thats huge locally. CPI may as well shut it down"
In response to Reply # 0

i feel bad for their CSRs having to handle all the calls of folks wanting to cancel service. seen a lot of my Charlotte folk already doing that.

<--- Big Baller World Order

legsdiamond
79560 posts
Mon Jun-08-20 11:49 AM

7. "Heard his employees walked out of a meeting with him"
In response to Reply # 5

These white people using what about Black on Black crime are finally getting what they deserve.

FOH with that bullshit response.

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49394 posts
Mon Jun-08-20 12:37 PM

8. "Cheesy Eyes pulls the plug too. "
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.wbtv.com/2020/06/07/cpi-security-ceo-apologizes-after-claims-racism-panthers-sever-relationship/

Your whole business relies on you at least having a relationship with black sports figures and you couldn't keep that racism inside you? Racism is a helluva drug.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

Dstl1
Charter member
56226 posts
Mon Jun-08-20 12:48 PM

10. "these racist cocksuckers with these dumb ass excuses..."
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Jun-08-20 12:49 PM by Dstl1

HOW???? How do you not know this as you're typing that bullshit:
"did not directly address the public's outcry for racial justice and equality in the wake of George Floyd's senseless killing."

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

legsdiamond
79560 posts
Mon Jun-08-20 01:31 PM

11. "That hate is strong bruh"
In response to Reply # 10

Stronger enough to ruin your whole life and livelihood.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13387754 Previous topic | Next topic