Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13386993

Subject: "** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **" Previous topic | Next topic
Geah
Member since Feb 16th 2007
48407 posts
Tue Jun-02-20 11:11 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"

Zzz

@geahuwine

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I don't have words, and I don't pretend to have answers.
Jun 02nd 2020
Somehow my wife got a job offer during a pandemic and rioting
Jun 03rd 2020
Earlier this week, my daughter told us she’s pansexual.
Jun 03rd 2020
that's a good one. did you have a clue, or were you 'blindsided'?
Jun 03rd 2020
      didn't have any real indicators.
Jun 03rd 2020
lost my grandma 2 weeks ago. been kinda numb.
Jun 03rd 2020
Sorry for your loss.
Jun 03rd 2020
appreciate it, man
Jun 03rd 2020
Peace and blessings
Jun 03rd 2020
thank you
Jun 03rd 2020
Condolences
Jun 03rd 2020
      thanks, man
Jun 03rd 2020
I drink too much! Need to take a long break.
Jun 03rd 2020
Same.
Jun 03rd 2020
Yalls favorite white Sanders shit stirrers are wild silent about Black d...
Jun 03rd 2020
as soon as Biden says the wrong thing about Floyd
Jun 03rd 2020
you see it over and over and over again
Jun 03rd 2020
      And they'll continue to, even when confronted, because they've continued
Jun 03rd 2020
get God on the phone...
Jun 03rd 2020
I hate how much our grievances have been marginalized
Jun 04th 2020
Also. I'm very tired of comforting the black people in my life
Jun 04th 2020
see this makes me feel bad for being annoyed by my white friends
Jun 04th 2020
Bruh... my wife is having the same problem as yours
Jun 04th 2020
how can you be in an interracial (black/white) relationship
Jun 04th 2020
I recently had a medicated dessert
Jun 04th 2020
** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **
Jun 04th 2020
RE: ** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **
Jun 04th 2020
Jun 04th 2020
Flipnile with regards to Corona Lockdown protests
Jun 04th 2020
You see it now? Same shit that the white folks were protesting...
Jun 05th 2020
      Ikea opened back up, you can have all of the seats sir.
Jun 05th 2020
Flipnile with regards to a 50 state protest and police crackdown
Jun 04th 2020
Everything seems programmed and scripted right now
Jun 05th 2020
my family got hit with covid
Jun 08th 2020
damn that's rough
Jun 08th 2020
      i kind of want to
Jun 08th 2020

KiloMcG
Member since Jan 01st 2008
27561 posts
Tue Jun-02-20 11:20 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I don't have words, and I don't pretend to have answers. "
In response to Reply # 0

I try to remain hopeful, but I have difficulty doin that too. I must, however, continue to remain prayerful and do whatever I can.

I stand with you, my okfamily, on the side of righteousness. Til I die ✊🏼

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79545 posts
Wed Jun-03-20 07:08 AM

2. "Somehow my wife got a job offer during a pandemic and rioting"
In response to Reply # 0

I have to go back to work next week. Not looking forward to it.

I know the world keeps spinning but... I need to decompress. Take a few days off soon.

last week we were supposed to be in vacation.

Only positive from canceling the vacay is Delta gave us a voucher for our deposit.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

tariqhu
Charter member
17879 posts
Wed Jun-03-20 08:37 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "Earlier this week, my daughter told us she’s pansexual."
In response to Reply # 0

I’m happy that we’ve built a home where the kids are comfy talking to us.

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

seemenomore
217 posts
Wed Jun-03-20 08:54 AM

4. "that's a good one. did you have a clue, or were you 'blindsided'?"
In response to Reply # 3

tariqhu
Charter member
17879 posts
Wed Jun-03-20 04:18 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
15. "didn't have any real indicators."
In response to Reply # 4

not sure what I'd even look for, honestly. she'd ask random questions at times, but all kids do that. we're pretty open and try to give answers without too much bias or back in my dayisms.

last week, she asked would we use 'they' to address a person rather than he or she. I said I'd address the person how they wanted to be addressed. she'll also randomly talk about marriage and the traditional sense of family. so who knows.

with that said, I've tried to mentally prepare for all possibilities with my kids. so I just took it in stride. not really a big deal to me as she's figuring herself out.

she cried a bit after telling us. my wife was like don't cry. I was like let her cry. crying is fine. also didn't want to focus on her crying. the 4 of us hugged and finished dinner.

I don't want to put pressure on her either way. just be you and know that we're here for it. she's been driving me around lately as I'm teaching her to drive. I'll get more details then. we didn't have much discussion on reveal night.

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

Mynoriti
Charter member
38815 posts
Wed Jun-03-20 11:07 AM

5. "lost my grandma 2 weeks ago. been kinda numb."
In response to Reply # 0

she was my favorite person in the world.

i've been her caregiver the last 5-7 years as she entered her 90s. I've looked after her in some capacity for the last 25. but she was mostly independent up until she was around 85.

She pretty much affected everything in my life. what hours i could work, where i lived, traveling limitations, and really just day to day. Obviously as she aged it got harder.

now she's just not here.

i break down at least once a day, but mostly i feel like i'm ok. The 2 months before she passed were hell, but I'm neither as destroyed or relieved as i expected i'd be, and that in itself is kinda confusing to me.

adding it to continued work furlough, pandemic, protests, and shit just coming apart.. I feel like i shouldn't be ok

but I'm oddly ok.

legsdiamond
79545 posts
Wed Jun-03-20 12:01 PM

6. "Sorry for your loss. "
In response to Reply # 5

Amazing she lived til she was in her 90’s.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Mynoriti
Charter member
38815 posts
Wed Jun-03-20 12:05 PM

8. "appreciate it, man"
In response to Reply # 6

didn't even need a cane or anything up to 90. doctors kept telling her she was an anomaly. def made it harder for her to handle once things went south.

KiloMcG
27561 posts
Wed Jun-03-20 12:03 PM

7. "Peace and blessings "
In response to Reply # 5

Mynoriti
Charter member
38815 posts
Wed Jun-03-20 12:06 PM

9. "thank you"
In response to Reply # 7

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22255 posts
Wed Jun-03-20 04:19 PM

16. "Condolences "
In response to Reply # 5

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

Mynoriti
Charter member
38815 posts
Wed Jun-03-20 05:14 PM

17. "thanks, man"
In response to Reply # 16

SuiteLady
Member since Oct 19th 2004
16194 posts
Wed Jun-03-20 12:12 PM

10. "I drink too much! Need to take a long break."
In response to Reply # 0

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

"Love is never any better than the lover" Toni Morrison (The Bluest Eye)

KiloMcG
27561 posts
Wed Jun-03-20 04:01 PM

13. "Same. "
In response to Reply # 10

But I don't see it happening anytime soon....

MEAT
22255 posts
Wed Jun-03-20 03:06 PM

11. "Yalls favorite white Sanders shit stirrers are wild silent about Black d..."
In response to Reply # 0

SOME have said something or another about the police being bad in general.
But we went 700 posts deep about Biden being a creepy sex pest but Black deaths ...

------

Mynoriti
Charter member
38815 posts
Wed Jun-03-20 03:09 PM

12. "as soon as Biden says the wrong thing about Floyd"
In response to Reply # 11
Wed Jun-03-20 03:09 PM by Mynoriti

they'll be all over it.

until then it doesn't matter

Rjcc
Charter member
94958 posts
Wed Jun-03-20 04:02 PM

14. "you see it over and over and over again"
In response to Reply # 11

they have everything to say about what the black community needs until it's not about their preferred candidate

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

MEAT
22255 posts
Wed Jun-03-20 05:18 PM

18. "And they'll continue to, even when confronted, because they've continued"
In response to Reply # 14

to, even when confronted.
Somehow people will still argue with them instead of seeing them as completely illegitimate.

------

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Wed Jun-03-20 09:41 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
19. "get God on the phone..."
In response to Reply # 0

we need to get the world back.

MEAT
22255 posts
Thu Jun-04-20 09:19 AM

20. "I hate how much our grievances have been marginalized"
In response to Reply # 0

For every single brand that tweets or makes a post about how they stand with us there's at minimum one black person that responds with a specific grievance about their black experience in that space.

I just saw one of the sports message boards that I was a part of for years say something and it's like nah man, when a member of your message board community said something for years not only was I called a race baiter too many times to count, but eventually had my account banned and posts deleted after like 10 years of posting.

Shit is whack and offensive.

------

MEAT
22255 posts
Thu Jun-04-20 10:07 AM

21. "Also. I'm very tired of comforting the black people in my life"
In response to Reply # 0

One of my closets friends hit the group chat this morning about our mutual Kevin (white dude) who I really haven't fucked with in years.

And not because Kevin is a bad person, he's not, not in the ways that makes someone bad. But because he's not equipped to be good in these times.

And so instead of responding in full to "am I trippin or is Kevin trippin" I screenshotted him the text I sent him in February of 2017 which laid out why I can't fuck with Kevin and it's literally what my advice to him would've been today if I hadn't already said it three years ago.

My wife is kind of in the same boat. Hurt that some of her friends don't quite get it, despite their proximity to blackness with their spouses and it's like ... of course they don't.

------

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85054 posts
Thu Jun-04-20 11:18 AM

23. "see this makes me feel bad for being annoyed by my white friends"
In response to Reply # 21
Thu Jun-04-20 11:21 AM by BrooklynWHAT

for going so hard on this. i think im suffering from black fatigue. like i live this. i've lived it for 29 years.

my white friends have always been a pretty woke/PC crowd since they're an artsy crowd but i realize now they have never really dealt with race before since (for better or worse) they really only deal with college educated professional black people.

or even in my case, having grown up with them, thats the background that i come from. so i think there are a lot of facets of the black experience they could just never fathom because of the people they have been around. and plus its embarrassing to tell your friends about the struggles you face purely because the color of your skin

so i think they are realizing that while they have not ever been racist, they havent considered the breadth of the black experience outside of their bubble of friends.

edit: the only time its really ever came up in any discussion is when we talk about dating now that i think about it

<--- Big Baller World Order

legsdiamond
79545 posts
Thu Jun-04-20 09:56 PM

30. "Bruh... my wife is having the same problem as yours"
In response to Reply # 21

Her best friend is a white girl we all went to college with. She’s still our connect when we go to Richmond and she went to HS in Portsmouth, VA so she has been around Black people all her life..

but still. She white.

My wife is upset at the lack of dialogue or outreach and I’m like... “I think it’s better this way”

But one thing I will say is my wife tends to be a little too optimistic when it comes to people. I want her to stop trying to make people what they aren’t. They are who they are and accept it or move on.

lsymone
Member since Nov 03rd 2007
7401 posts
Thu Jun-04-20 11:04 AM

22. "how can you be in an interracial (black/white) relationship"
In response to Reply # 0

with or without kids, and said person still dont get it, is beyond me...might as well tell your spouse to whip/flog you every night.

take a message

atruhead
Charter member
85230 posts
Thu Jun-04-20 11:57 AM

24. "I recently had a medicated dessert"
In response to Reply # 0

- I've had gummies, small brownies etc. over the years, but it wasnt until this that I realized how wild that infamous weed mac and cheese incident was because baked goods is different

- people I came into adulthood with are still hype about going to events because "hoes will be there", Im like we're 40 now

Latina212
Member since Apr 28th 2003
8731 posts
Thu Jun-04-20 01:23 PM

25. "** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"
In response to Reply # 0

i'm struggling at work dealing with white people
in the midst of all we are going through
i am exhausted
its so much harder to deal with when we are all
social distancing
and i can't physically connect with friends/loved ones

this has ignited a fire in changing my career
i should be lending my skills and qualifications to
organizations that support and value black lives
i can't wait to quit my job and site this as
the catalyst for creating change

Latina212
Member since Apr 28th 2003
8731 posts
Thu Jun-04-20 09:41 PM

29. "RE: ** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"
In response to Reply # 25

what the entire fuck???!!

I am speechless
When did I give you those pictures?
Melancholy also means sad
So I was correct
I’m glad I got to say what
I’ve been thinking about lately

I have to work on my reactions to things
I get knocked really hard when something happens
And I need to focus and get back to the task at hand

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44614 posts
Thu Jun-04-20 02:17 PM

26. "1"
In response to Reply # 0

The number of white friends I've had in my 43 years on earth.
Of course...I'm not counting the elementary school years because EVERYBODY was friends for the most part....

But from 6th grade and up?....nada...with the exception of 1.

Worked with me at The Record Exchange through college. He was/is a real one... haven't spoke to him in over 19 years now...mater of fact the last time we spoke was the morning he hit the road after he couch surfed at our crib for the night back in like 2000. He was doing an East Coast Say Goodbye to Friends road trip before he moved out to the west coast. That's incidentally also the only time a white person has ever slept under the same roof as me. (outside of hotels & shit like that of course...but you know what I mean, oh and also the few summers that I was a camp counselor)... Alan P, if you're out there...you were a real one and I trust you're still walking the righteous path!

It's weird because.....I don't think that was a conscious choice...for the most part anyway...I've just never had any level of trust for 99.99998% of white people I've ever met. Been around and came up with plenty of them too. It's not something I'm proud of...not something I would preach and teach....and not something I necessarily want to instill in my kids... but damn...it's heading that way already by default.

The struggle is that they're surrounded by folks that are "Other than Black"....mostly white and latino and a broad sprinkling of black...but not Black... and for the most part...I still don't have any particular level of trust or sense/desire of inclusion in these circles (neighborhood folks, school parents, etc.) so we (me) are going to be a hindrance to them creating any sort of meaning connections & friendships unless I(we) make some changes...

In this local, in this region, in this day and age...it's the conscious choice that both my wife and I have made to stay in this particular environment where the best chance for "diversity" and opportunity and general convenience is to be where we are...because we want them to have it "better" than we had.

"Better".

I have no clue what better is anymore.

Yes; this was a rambling assed post .... thanks for reading.

"Get ready....for your blessing....."
"Bury me by my Grand-Grand and when you can come follow me"

MEAT
22255 posts
Thu Jun-04-20 02:34 PM

27. "Flipnile with regards to Corona Lockdown protests"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Jun-04-20 02:34 PM by MEAT

Reality. Our rights are being eroded, while foks cheer"
In response to Reply # 18
Wed Apr-15-20 11:02 PM by flipnile

Folks being threatened with fines and arrest if they go outside and gather up with other people. We're literally seeing a modern version of slave codes imposed on the people, all under the auspice of keeping us 'safe' from a virus that we can't avoid anyway.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slave_codes

Y'all really think they just gonna give us our rights back after this is over? We're in the "new normal" now, remember?

Freedom of assembly... gone.

Orweillian levels of spying on the population... here: https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/04/apple-and-google-collaborate-on-coronavirus-contact-tracing-test.html

Where's your papers? https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/03/health/immunity-passport-coronavirus-lockdown-intl/index.html

Constitutional rights gonna be suspended every time a new virus comes out? Every (staged) mass shooting? Every hurricane, earthquake or flood?

>the repub governor of ohio has basically handled everything the same
>way as whitmer (and has similarly high approval). but for some reason
>theres nobody in pickup trucks protesting him.

Also: Ohio protest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3-Bw8JxpO8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EJcFsl4q8g

Michigan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdkauH6NBzE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p17VpYVKCtQ

These people are out to make sure THEIR RIGHTS are protected and preserved. Otherwise, anytime the .gov wants to lock us down they can just say there is a virus so do what we say.

--

On the other hand, we've got people calling the cops on others for not 'social distancing'

Big Brother is watching:
https://www.wcvb.com/article/not-a-bad-idea-local-police-consider-use-of-drones-to-monitor-social-distancing/32141774
https://www.wtvr.com/news/local-news/richmond-police-call-if-you-see-groups-of-people-or-businesses-not-complying-with-social-distancing
https://www.wjbf.com/news/former-police-officer-arrested-in-park-for-throwing-ball-with-daughter-due-to-coronavirus-social-distancing-rules/
https://nypost.com/2020/03/26/nypd-using-drones-to-police-coronavirus-social-distancing-in-parks/
Is that FLIR the NYPD is using? Damn.

wtf:
https://www.newsweek.com/kentucky-doctor-strangled-teenage-girl-not-following-coronavirus-social-distancing-measures-1496945
https://nypost.com/2020/03/29/elderly-woman-dies-after-being-shoved-for-not-social-distancing-sources/

You know where all this is heading. THAT is the reason that people are out there. Of course the .gov-affiliated news isn't gonna push that angle hard when they air the story.

Honestly rather take my chances going out from the virus than to live in a permanent state of subservience and fear.

------

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13563 posts
Fri Jun-05-20 11:28 AM

31. "You see it now? Same shit that the white folks were protesting..."
In response to Reply # 27
Fri Jun-05-20 11:29 AM by flipnile

...is the SAME shit that's currently being used against the protesters.

Everything listed above will be used against current and future protesters. Especially Black protesters.

Divide and conquer works wonders for the powers-that-be in this country.

MEAT
22255 posts
Fri Jun-05-20 11:53 AM

33. "Ikea opened back up, you can have all of the seats sir."
In response to Reply # 31

------

MEAT
22255 posts
Thu Jun-04-20 02:35 PM

28. "Flipnile with regards to a 50 state protest and police crackdown"
In response to Reply # 0

------

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13563 posts
Fri Jun-05-20 11:37 AM

32. "Everything seems programmed and scripted right now"
In response to Reply # 0

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16412 posts
Mon Jun-08-20 04:35 PM

34. "my family got hit with covid"
In response to Reply # 0

we were going to do a trip to houston this past week. my brother and his fam went in since the saturday before. me and my other brother were going to fly in on wednesday. my sister told us my nephew tested positive on tuesday (hes about 3 MOs) so we cancelled. my other brother drove back and got tested at home. now my sister, my brother and his wife tested positive. moms inconclusive. they all seem to be doing okay. my other nephew and niece tested negative.

i had like a dry cough this past saturday night and yesterday morning. more like irritation in my throat than an actual cough. feel some soreness in my back. no cough or irritation at all today.

Mynoriti
Charter member
38815 posts
Mon Jun-08-20 04:57 PM

35. "damn that's rough"
In response to Reply # 34

you gonna get tested?

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16412 posts
Mon Jun-08-20 05:16 PM

36. "i kind of want to"
In response to Reply # 35

i didnt go to houston but this is the closest ive gotten to feeling symptoms. not sure where i would have been exposed.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13386993 Previous topic | Next topic