Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13386459

Subject: "What happens right before Trump leaves office?" Previous topic | Next topic
handle
Charter member
18941 posts
Sun May-31-20 11:33 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"What happens right before Trump leaves office?"

Between the time he loses the election and the day he leaves what happens?

Pardons for literally everyone, including himself?

Arrest/executions of enemies?

Stacking the Supreme Court with more judges??

What is going to happen?

------------

Gone: My Discogs collection for The Roots:
http://www.discogs.com/user/tomhayes-roots/collection

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I think court-packing is more likely if he wins
May 31st 2020
The only thing I think he would care about is looting the joint before
May 31st 2020
Who knows WHAT things are gonna be like in 5 years....
May 31st 2020
worse than all of that
May 31st 2020
I'm wildly optimistic but imo his fundamental laziness means he'd just l...
May 31st 2020
burn it down..summer 2020
May 31st 2020
why is everyone acting like Trump fucked the country up
Jun 01st 2020
that's way too generalized. There is specific damage that Trump has caus...
Jun 01st 2020
Well then, what say you?
Jun 01st 2020
      Obama's election aside, how has the world improved for Black people?
Jun 01st 2020

Walleye
Charter member
15521 posts
Sun May-31-20 12:20 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I think court-packing is more likely if he wins"
In response to Reply # 0

>Stacking the Supreme Court with more judges??

Packing the Supreme Court is an excellent idea that the Democrats should definitely do if they take power, but I sort of think that the only way it's got even the slightest chance of happening is if Trump/McConnell do it first. Democrats have restrained themselves (for better or for worse) by adherence to norms and rules, and I think court-packing is one of those norms that the GOP probably expects to continue restraining Democratic power - unless they break it first.

If that's true - and it might not be - it seems to me that the GOP is most likely to pack the court in the event of a Trump victory in November. A loss means he's got to jam court-packing and whatever legal results he desires out of that into a meager three months *and* he gives Democrats an open invitation to defy tradition/norms as soon as inauguration day.

The rest seems likely though. Maybe a raft of deregulation by executive order? Make the end of his term a smash-and-grab for the fascists.

"Walleye, a lot of things are going to go wrong in your life that technically aren't your fault. Always remember that this doesn't make you any less of an idiot"

--Walleye's Dad

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49393 posts
Sun May-31-20 03:06 PM

2. "The only thing I think he would care about is looting the joint before"
In response to Reply # 0

setting it on fire

Like I don't see him enacting GOP Agenda like (stacking the Supreme Court, De-Regulation, etc.) unless he directly benefits him. I can see him making deals that will line his pocket or protect his back.

I think at some moment GOPers will have to sit him down and say, if you don't chill out, we will help Dems put you and your family in jail.

Once Trump is no longer useful to Mitch McConnell and the rest they will turn on him to save themselves.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44614 posts
Sun May-31-20 03:14 PM

3. "Who knows WHAT things are gonna be like in 5 years...."
In response to Reply # 0

The aliens might have taken over the entire world by then....

Damali
Member since Sep 12th 2002
35863 posts
Sun May-31-20 05:13 PM

4. "worse than all of that"
In response to Reply # 0

like shit that's unimaginable right now because he will be very angry that he lost (if he loses)...particularly because he will have pulled out all the cheating stops to win...so if he LOSES?

we're fukked.

1st, he's gonna claim the result is invalid. he's not going to accept that he lost. he's gonna say the Dems cheated or there was fraud etc. he's going to accuse Dems of exactly what he will do.

then he will weaponize the justice dept, the military, fbi, cia against whoever he deems are the enemy...maybe even find something to charge biden with and have him arrested (remember, Putin is his role model in this)

dunno but this is what I DO know...if i'm able to, i'm leaving the country by then. every single instinct i have is screaming at me to get out of here. seriously.

d

benny
Member since Jan 15th 2003
8435 posts
Sun May-31-20 09:15 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "I'm wildly optimistic but imo his fundamental laziness means he'd just l..."
In response to Reply # 0

sure he'd rant and rant on twitter after watching various Tivo'ed Fox News segments on how unfair and rigged it all is, but he's always been wholly uninterested in the job itself. He'll claim he quit before he was fired and will go launch Trump TV with his buddy Chris Ruddy and continue to hold the occasional rally

------------------------------
For the record, my teams:
MLB: Mets / Soccer: PSG
NCAA BB: Arizona / NCAA FB: Michigan
NBA: Spurs / NFL: Jets

rdhull
Charter member
33127 posts
Sun May-31-20 09:49 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "burn it down..summer 2020"
In response to Reply # 0

atruhead
Charter member
85230 posts
Mon Jun-01-20 10:45 AM

7. "why is everyone acting like Trump fucked the country up "
In response to Reply # 0

or like it will be any better with Biden in the seat

Mike Brown, Trayvon Martin, Sandra Bland and Eric Garner all happened during Obama's two terms

Trump emboldens racists but the world has never been overly accommodating to my people

(Im not here for emotional responses)

Damali
Member since Sep 12th 2002
35863 posts
Mon Jun-01-20 11:26 AM

8. "that's way too generalized. There is specific damage that Trump has caus..."
In response to Reply # 7

that has never been done by any President before

Trump is not responsible for police brutality and white supremacy, of course

But he his responsibile for sanctioning it and stoking it, as well as participating and invoking lawlessness, corruption, witness tampering and intimidation, violence and blatant undermining of democracy that we've never before seen from any US President..even Nixon capitulated to pressure to resign in the face of being caught criminalizing

the simple fact of using the Attorney General's office as a personal lawyer to the President is just one example...there are soooo many others...

d

handle
Charter member
18941 posts
Mon Jun-01-20 11:58 AM

9. "Well then, what say you?"
In response to Reply # 7

>or like it will be any better with Biden in the seat

^^This is what they make you believe. That no matter what you do nothing can ever change or get better.

------------

Gone: My Discogs collection for The Roots:
http://www.discogs.com/user/tomhayes-roots/collection

atruhead
Charter member
85230 posts
Mon Jun-01-20 12:39 PM

10. "Obama's election aside, how has the world improved for Black people?"
In response to Reply # 9

athletes, rappers, entertainers and corporate token blacks are taken care of

there has been no real big change with how we're treated or received by society though

the prospect of a Biden election wont make racism evaporate like Thanos

Lobby General Discussion topic #13386459 Previous topic | Next topic