Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13386256

Subject: "There is always hope!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
hip bopper
Member since Jun 22nd 2003
7385 posts
Sat May-30-20 02:45 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"There is always hope!!!"
Sat May-30-20 02:51 AM by hip bopper

Before I get started this is only a post to share an experience. If you comment cool, but this is not to get a response.

So the other night after I had finished my day I decide to go see my homies. So while I’m sitting over my boy’s crib one of our cats show up with his brother who was in town. So we’re sitting there kickin’ it for a bit then my boy’s brother broke out with one of the most heartfelt stories that I have heard.

He goes into how to had an adversary for most of his life. Starting from childhood they would always fight each other. Growing up in adulthood their beef continues. He would go on to say that even as adults they continued to fight and even draw guns on each other. This continued into their early 40’s. He goes on to say that a couple of years ago he was out of the state and comes back for a visit. He is at a small store picking up some things. So who does he see... his adversary. So the same rhetoric continues and they draw guns on each other out in the parking lot. His adversary says, “you know what, I’m tired of this beef.” He continues to say that he became a father recently and say the importance of raising his children and say this was definitely greater than their beef. The adversary made the stance to say that the beef ends TODAY!!!!! The adversary invites him back to his place so that they can talk out their differences. At first my boy’s brother was hesitant, but gave in and went to hash out their differences. They talk things out, and as always the hatred and resentment that was built between the two gentleman was over something trivial. So in talking they see how stupid the beef was and squashed everything that moment and from then on they have become the best of friends. To this day they hang tough. No matter what one is going through, then the other is there.

I share to story to say that if more men in our communities would put their guns down against each other, then more lives would be spared. We can then save that energy of war and conflict against each other and put that towards the enemy, then we can start to rebuild towards peace. I don’t get emotional about hardly anything at all, but this has been on my heart and mind ever since. Speak the message of peace and forgiveness against those that are technically on the same side as you. Work towards building up one another for the obstacles that we are soon to face.

Most instances don’t end in peace. They usually end up with someone coming out dead. Whatever we do in this life make sure that mercy and forgiveness is a common part of our behavior towards our foes.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby General Discussion topic #13386256 Previous topic | Next topic