Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13385867

Subject: "YouTube took down Crooked I’s YouTube channel (link)" Previous topic | Next topic
spirit
Charter member
21432 posts
Thu May-28-20 02:28 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"YouTube took down Crooked I’s YouTube channel (link)"

https://youtu.be/wG4uFv-ULk0

This story is crazy. Watch it if you can, the video is only a few minutes long. He needs to get his lawyers on this ASAP and ask Em for help too. And ask whatever media organization took his content to help sort it out as well. If it doesn’t come out right, he should sue the media org he won’t name for taking his content and sue YouTube for wrongfully taking his channel down.

Peace,

Spirit (Alan)
http://wutangbook.com

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Wait they have all those interviews and no back up video?
May 28th 2020
i think (and hope) its more about not losing the views/followers
May 28th 2020
Youtube OWNS you if you are using their platform
May 28th 2020
a bit confused
May 28th 2020
How many subscribers and views were they getting?
May 28th 2020

LAbeathustla
Member since Jan 24th 2004
33858 posts
Thu May-28-20 03:33 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Wait they have all those interviews and no back up video?"
In response to Reply # 0

Nothing?

------------------------------------
2019 CABG Survivor

2016 OK Survivor Champion

be about it or be without it

RIP GOATs

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16412 posts
Thu May-28-20 09:16 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "i think (and hope) its more about not losing the views/followers"
In response to Reply # 1

that they had already built up. i would think he could start a new channel and try to build it back up but whats to guarantee they wont take it down again. i really hope the interviews werent lost. i was really enjoying watching them. the rakim and black thought ones were great.

i couldnt watch/listen to the posted clip but based on the closed captioning of what i did watch it looks like the below was a transcript right? did he say something other than:

"Check this crazy shit out. YouTube terminated our Hitmaker channel. If you go and try at any “Crook’s Corner” interview, any “Bendin’ Corners” – it’s all terminated. It’s gone. You can’t even watch it. Finito. Let me tell you what happened. Apparently a big content company decided to use a clip from one of my interviews. The Eminem interview, to be specific. That’s fine, people repurpose clips all the time. especially if people are saying something newsworthy and if somebody is as popular as Eminem is. No problem. The bigger company decides to use the clip from our interview and YouTube decides, hey, since this company is bigger than our company is, this company must own the footage. And we must be stealing the footage. So YouTube decides to terminate our channel, Hitmaker channel. With all – Crook’s Corner, clips, “Life of a Bandana”, “Bendin’ Corners”, etc. They decided to terminate the whole channel. Because they feel like we are stealing from a bigger company. Decided to do it to independent guys. Now I have a Griselda ep about a drop today and I cannot even drop it on a platform because the whole platform is been terminated. Because we stole our own fucking interview. You can’t make this type of shit up. You know, we gotta do an appeal, try to prove that we own what we own. And even then I’m not sure I’m gonna get all our views back, our subscribers we were building over there. It’s just crazy. But YouTube, GlueTube, I -don’t give a fuck who-Tube, we’re not gonna lose. We’re gonna win. Crook’s Corner. We’re gonna keep curating some of the hottest, flyest hip-hop media shit. They are not gonna stop us. The setback is nothing comparing to motherfucking comeback. That’s real. I’ll be there. I’ll see you in a minute."

handle
Charter member
18941 posts
Thu May-28-20 09:35 AM

3. "Youtube OWNS you if you are using their platform"
In response to Reply # 0

And my experiences with Google's "Customer Service" leave A LOT to be desired.

You can make money on Youtube but you are completely at their mercy.

That said I hope he gets his stuff back up, then starts looking for a way to protect himself more in the future.

------------

Gone: My Discogs collection for The Roots:
http://www.discogs.com/user/tomhayes-roots/collection

double 0
Member since Nov 17th 2004
7006 posts
Thu May-28-20 01:12 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "a bit confused"
In response to Reply # 0

Why would YT kill an entire channel even if it was repurposing another video? They would simply demonetize it like they do everything else.

I wonder if there is content on the channel they took issue with and killed it because of that.

This has been happening with some other larger (sometimes right leaning) channels.

Shouldn't they have a YT rep anyway? Someone they can talk about this with?

Double 0
DJ/Producer/Artist
Producer in Kidz In The Hall
-------------------------------------------
twitter: @godouble0
IG: @godouble0
www.thinklikearapper.com

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49393 posts
Thu May-28-20 02:21 PM

5. "How many subscribers and views were they getting?"
In response to Reply # 4

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

Lobby General Discussion topic #13385867 Previous topic | Next topic