Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13385699

Subject: "** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **" Previous topic | Next topic
Geah
Member since Feb 16th 2007
48407 posts
Tue May-26-20 11:02 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"

@geahuwine

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
i keep walking out of the living room while streaming a show
May 27th 2020
My daughter is 3 today and she knows it
May 27th 2020
lol i remember dealing with that
May 27th 2020
yes.
May 27th 2020
Kid got a timeout at 8:30 am yesterday
May 27th 2020
A whole lot of people need work personalities
May 27th 2020
not everyone??
May 27th 2020
      Everyone needs one. A lot of people need to get one.
May 27th 2020
           got ya
May 27th 2020
There's a unique annoyance/jealousy/frustration I have when I see....
May 27th 2020
They white?
May 27th 2020
      You already know....
May 27th 2020
right wing whites
May 27th 2020
being back in the office is jarring
May 27th 2020
Yeah, i'm not looking forward to everyone being back. I never 100% left....
May 27th 2020
CONFESSION: I'm fucking done
May 27th 2020
RE: ** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **
May 27th 2020
RE: ** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **
May 27th 2020
first world problems during a pandemic
May 28th 2020
Windshield blade? Wtf is that? You have a fast n furious tricked out car...
May 28th 2020
shade not blade
May 28th 2020
RE: first world problems during a problems
May 28th 2020
      which ones you got?
May 28th 2020
           Sony xb900n
May 28th 2020
                i see what you mean
May 28th 2020
                     I almost pulled the trigger on the v-modas.
May 28th 2020

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16415 posts
Wed May-27-20 09:19 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "i keep walking out of the living room while streaming a show"
In response to Reply # 0

and end up rewinding to see what i missed instead of just pausing it before i walk out.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79621 posts
Wed May-27-20 09:38 AM

2. "My daughter is 3 today and she knows it"
In response to Reply # 0

Threenagers is a real thing.

Terrible 2’s and got shit on these 3’s. Apparently everyone had a 3 year old because all the number 3 candles are gone in stores. Every other number is available

Granted it was only 2 stores but it’s odd.

Fell out over not getting the red cereal bowl.

———

Wife has a job interview today. How the hell? Doubt she takes it because I think she is where she needs to be (teaching mostly Black kids in Charlotte) but gotta hear the numbers first. Always good to interview while you have a gig and aren’t desperate for a new one.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

mista k5
16415 posts
Wed May-27-20 09:43 AM

3. "lol i remember dealing with that"
In response to Reply # 2

it seemed like EVERY time the size of clothes or shoes we were looking for was out but there was the size up and down. every single year lol

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44616 posts
Wed May-27-20 09:53 AM

4. "yes. "
In response to Reply # 2

the struggle is real.

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Wed May-27-20 09:53 AM

5. "Kid got a timeout at 8:30 am yesterday "
In response to Reply # 0

I came downstairs to get some coffee, wife was on the couch talking to her
“You already got one timeout today do you want another”
I looked at the clock, 8:40 am. Got my coffee and went right back upstairs.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

MEAT
22257 posts
Wed May-27-20 12:33 PM

6. "A whole lot of people need work personalities"
In response to Reply # 0

Cool that you want to be your full self at work, but nobody needs your personal hang ups at the office.

------

mista k5
16415 posts
Wed May-27-20 12:38 PM

7. "not everyone??"
In response to Reply # 6

i made a post a few weeks back that went wood lol

i feel like i definitely have different personalities/worlds depending on who i interact with. not major changes but i only reveal some aspects of me at work vs at home vs friends vs extended family vs online etc.

MEAT
22257 posts
Wed May-27-20 03:39 PM

15. "Everyone needs one. A lot of people need to get one."
In response to Reply # 7

------

mista k5
16415 posts
Wed May-27-20 03:42 PM

16. "got ya"
In response to Reply # 15

FLUIDJ
44616 posts
Wed May-27-20 12:40 PM

8. "There's a unique annoyance/jealousy/frustration I have when I see...."
In response to Reply # 0
Wed May-27-20 12:45 PM by FLUIDJ

my neighbors living their best lives over the past few weeks....
Out running and getting in shape, having the time of their lives out in the streets with their kids just looking like the front of a Land's End catalog cover...chilling on their porches or in their backyards.....

While we're doing our best to stay sane and keep it together for ourselves and our kids......

Just now...I used the only ounce of "free" time i'll have today to cut the grass and clean the front gutters ahead of rains this weekend....
I step out the back door....neighbors on the left in the back yard having craft and lunch time with their youngins....(its seems like no matter WHEN I step out the back door they're out there actually)....walk up to the front of the house and see neighbor on the right peacefully enjoying a book and a snack.....

I contemplate not disrupting the afternoon peacefullness....for like 10 seconds....then I was like... Man fck that... I got shit to get done....
"fired up" the lawnmower first (it's electric)...finished the front yard then got out the leaf blower and let that shit roar!! I felt good after...

"Get ready....for your blessing....."
"Bury me by my Grand-Grand and when you can come follow me"

legsdiamond
79621 posts
Wed May-27-20 01:18 PM

9. "They white? "
In response to Reply # 8

I need to replace this deck out back. That’s really my only frustration right now is seeing people enjoy their decks.

Ours is falling apart and unsafe to use. Goal is to get it replaced this summer. Wife wants a screened in porch. That’s not happening tho. Told her to get a pop up tent cause the numbers get real funny once you add a roof.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

FLUIDJ
44616 posts
Wed May-27-20 01:59 PM

12. "You already know.... "
In response to Reply # 9
Wed May-27-20 02:00 PM by FLUIDJ

>I need to replace this deck out back. That’s really my only
>frustration right now is seeing people enjoy their decks.

Yeah, I think that's part of it that annoys me with my direct neighbors..They be enjoying the SHIT outta their yards and porches & deck. Because ALL the leaves, twigs, pollen etc. fall into MY property. They both have big ass trees on the property line that coincidentally both lean into OUR yard and are the primary source of all the yard & gutter maintenance i'm constantly having to do... Neither of them do their own work...and the people they PAY to do their work for them do a very shitty job....
So we can't really enjoy OUR shit until we clean up after THEIR shit and it's just a constant cycle...
I'm really ready to cut both them muhfckin trees down...to add insult to injury...the tree on the right (south side of the lot) throws major shade on my entire back yard leaving me with only a small corner in the back to garden..so now they fcking with my potential food supply! lol..

>Ours is falling apart and unsafe to use. Goal is to get it
>replaced this summer. Wife wants a screened in porch. That’s
>not happening tho. Told her to get a pop up tent cause the
>numbers get real funny once you add a roof.

I'd be happy with an 8' tall privacy fence on BOTH sides AND the back....but the county only allows 6 or 7ft I think...and neither neighbor seems inclined to share the expense with me to make it worthwhile...

KingMonte
Member since Feb 13th 2006
4675 posts
Wed May-27-20 01:23 PM

10. "right wing whites"
In response to Reply # 0

I've been banned from a couple platforms for calling out the most insidious demographic since they landed on these shores and started raping, murdering and decimating a population with biological warfare.
It seems if they can't argue it, they ban it just because they don't like how it makes their brittle asses feel. So they're accomplices.
Both participation and apathy in the face of white supremacy allows it to dominate.

Everything they do is destructive! If any of their actions were headed towards a better world, it would be easier to tolerate, but they destroy with no identifiable end goal.

And it goes from their big actions (destroying the planet for the profit of a few) to the little actions (calling the police on Black people hoping that swift white justice rains down).
Giving a mouthpiece to white nationalism is normalizing it - and there's nothing normal about a mental deficiency whose goal is either total domination or total destruction.

I have a 400 year old chip on my shoulder.

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85077 posts
Wed May-27-20 01:27 PM

11. "being back in the office is jarring"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed May-27-20 01:29 PM by BrooklynWHAT

some folks i saw while we were out look like the life has been drained from them now that were back

personally it feels like i've just been thrown back into a cloud of negativity and stress.

<--- Big Baller World Order

FLUIDJ
44616 posts
Wed May-27-20 02:11 PM

13. "Yeah, i'm not looking forward to everyone being back. I never 100% left...."
In response to Reply # 11

and it's been GREAT......
coming and going as I please...
no drop in meetings...
no random unnecessary lengthy conversations...
Finally warm enough that I can go ALL IN on the whole casual wardrobe at work and these bamas trying to wreck that! LET ME AT LEAST HAVE 1 SUMMER! I ain't even had a chance to wear shorts into the office yet... lol

Kira
Member since Nov 14th 2004
28847 posts
Wed May-27-20 02:18 PM

14. "CONFESSION: I'm fucking done"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm tired of seeing black men and women dead for no reason while lawyers exploit the families, society exploits our pain, and different communities exploit the publicity to further their causes.

I can't wait for this society to fall as long as everyone experiences this I'm good.

In the meantime order off Amazon as much as possible to sink the non-black business in your local economy. Use webuyblack.com to kerp the money in the community. This violence ends when economists feel the impact of the black dollar

No empathy for white misery (c) BDot

"root for everybody black haters say that's crazy, wow..."

MEAT
22257 posts
Wed May-27-20 07:20 PM

17. "RE: ** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"
In response to Reply # 0

Ended up getting in an argument with my boss today. People abuse the fuck out of power dynamics.

------

Latina212
Member since Apr 28th 2003
8731 posts
Wed May-27-20 10:27 PM

18. "RE: ** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"
In response to Reply # 0

His excitement is palpable

mista k5
16415 posts
Thu May-28-20 09:28 AM

19. "first world problems during a pandemic"
In response to Reply # 0

monday morning my tv started acting up. i bought it some time around thanksgiving so should still have warranty. it was weird though, i turned it on and started watching a video, about 10 minutes in the picture went black. i could still hear audio and if i clicked on the menu it would pop up. i did a quick google and it seems a lot of people have this issue with vizio tvs. i saw that some people were able to work around it by switching the picture mode. supposedly in a certain mode it wont do it.

i tried switching the picture mode and it would come back in certain ones. thing is it doesnt appear to matter which one. if i have it on standard it might go black then come back when i switch to vivid or vice versa. i do think i found one mode that always worked. since then it has mostly stayed on. i had to swap the picture mode i think two times since then.

i think my car subwoofer blew out yesterday. i was at a drive thru waiting for my food. i had my window down and the music paused (i dont know why i always do this lol) then i heard a pop. dont really remember what it sounded like. then a hum. wouldnt go away even when i played music. after i got my food i decided to drive away as i was hoping the noise was not in my car lol. nope it stayed in the car so i pulled over and popped the trunk and i could tell it was the subwoofer. not sure if i could see the subwoofer oscillating but i did feel it and it was definitely moving even though there was no music being played. i tried playing some music again and couldnt tell if the subwoofer was working, the hum isnt so loud that it overpowered the music. when i got home i decided to disconnect the subwoofer and tape the ends.

same set up that was shutting down last summer, all winter it did not shut off. started shutting off the last month or so. i was planning to order a new amp for the sub so i can power it properly instead of through the 4 channel. now i need a new sub too??

my windshield shade also gave out yesterday lol, it was the blinds type that sticks on with suction cups. i tried pulling it close and it wouldnt go more than halfway.

good grief lol

legsdiamond
79621 posts
Thu May-28-20 01:40 PM

20. "Windshield blade? Wtf is that? You have a fast n furious tricked out car..."
In response to Reply # 19

My Vizio TV cut off the other day. Wasn’t sure if it was a power issue or if it was due to using the Chromecast app I have on my phone. I used the chromecast app.

Hasn’t happened since but I will def keep an eye out.

Tab works nice tho.. no compaints besides that one issue. Well, I wish I could use my Bluetooth headphones with my TV.

mista k5
16415 posts
Thu May-28-20 02:21 PM

22. "shade not blade"
In response to Reply # 20

blinds

this type of joint
https://www.autoanything.com/travel-accessories/77A5320A6918465.aspx?kc=GOOGADW&DZID=PLA_g_1776971244_66506502662_5320-6918465_c&utm_source=g&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=1776971244&utm_content=66506502662&utm_product=5320-6918465&gclid=EAIaIQobChMInfv5x6PX6QIVENbACh0Zzw3cEAQYAiABEgLBv_D_BwE

tariqhu
Charter member
17894 posts
Thu May-28-20 02:15 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
21. "RE: first world problems during a problems"
In response to Reply # 19

My headphones only auto shut off if I turn off Bluetooth on the device they’re connected to. It’s annoying lol. So I have remember to turn them off or end up draining the battery. No idea why they designed them that way.

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

mista k5
16415 posts
Thu May-28-20 02:22 PM

23. "which ones you got?"
In response to Reply # 21

i got some v-modas. kinda outdated by todays standards but they do have an on/off button lol

tariqhu
Charter member
17894 posts
Thu May-28-20 02:56 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
24. "Sony xb900n"
In response to Reply # 23

Everything else is great. Sound good. They knock. Comfy to wear. Look dope. Battery actually last a long ass time even if I forget to turn them off. Phone calls are clear.

I have a pair of Bose soundsports that I use for workouts. They auto shut off when not in use for whatever time. So that was my expectation. Sony seems to have it backwards.

mista k5
16415 posts
Thu May-28-20 03:05 PM

25. "i see what you mean"
In response to Reply # 24

i thought you were saying the only way to turn them off was with turning off bluetooth on your device. somehow missed the auto part in your post lol no idea if mine auto shutoff after a while, i just always make sure to turn them off. it would be a good feature though.

i think i have bestbuy warranty on mine through feb of next year or the year after. those sony look pretty good and i have read great reviews on them. i like the sound of mine and would be leaning to replace them with newer v-moda ones but i would definitely consider the sony ones. they look like they would be more comfortable.

tariqhu
Charter member
17894 posts
Thu May-28-20 03:50 PM

26. "I almost pulled the trigger on the v-modas."
In response to Reply # 25

I tried the high end bose and they sony competitor. neither of them had enough depth for me. then sony released the 900n's. they were cheaper and I had to see how extra bass sounded. I'd definitely recommend them. its probably time for a new version.

I'm also looking at their new sports earbuds, sp800n. from what I've read, they have extra bass too.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13385699 Previous topic | Next topic