Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13385287

Subject: "Home improvement projects. " Previous topic | Next topic
legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79621 posts
Sun May-24-20 09:41 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Home improvement projects. "

Was supposed to be in Riveria Maya walking along the beaches.. sipping dranks and shit but Corona killed my vibe.

So instead I found myself fighting with an old kitchen sink yesterday. I won but it was a hard fought battle. Couldn’t get that old one out because the plastic fasteners weren’t budging. I was this close to giving up and returning the new one until I said fuck it and drilled through the plastic and broke them bitches off.

New sink is lovely. The problem with buying a home is sometimes the owners do shitty repairs.

Now I have to replace the garbage disposal today cause it stopped working a few weeks back. Had to take it off to get the sink in and realized it’s not that hard to replace. After this, I’m chilling until next weekend.

YouTube be helping!!!

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
good shit, sticking with it...
May 24th 2020
Our disposal is hardwired too.
May 24th 2020
      Almost an hour for the garbage disposal replacement
May 24th 2020

Dstl1
Charter member
56233 posts
Sun May-24-20 11:00 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "good shit, sticking with it..."
In response to Reply # 0

man, I be trying to do super advance recon on repairs. Nothing worse than getting knee deep into a job and find out you gotta run to the store. You right about garbage disposals, they are dumb easy to replace. Two summers ago, I replaced the old ass dishwasher that was here when we bought the house. I figured there may be some complications, going from a 20 year old dishwasher to a brand new joint, so I sprung for the installation. While dude was here, I asked him how hard it would be to do the garbage disposal. He was like....”put it like this, if you had one here, I’d throw it in for free”. The only thing that made mine take a bit longer, is that whoever installed it, hard-wired it.

On current shit...wife and I completely redid our bedroom. New paint, new baseboards, she copped all kinds of new decorations, a giant rug, comforters....the whole nine. It was the same paint as when we moved in. We liked it, so we let it rock. One day, we both realized we hated it, lol. Shout out to Lowe’s. Copped 2 gallons of paint, had it mixed to our color we picked, only needed one. Took tho other joint back and they refunded me without blinking. Aside...(anyone looking at interior paint...check out Valspar at Lowe’s. It was dope. Went on easy, covered good as shit, not a super strong smell)
Also, doing the baseboards made me have to get on my Chris and Snoop and cop a nail gun. Prolly could have done the hammer and nails shit, but I wanted to wrap the whole project up in one day.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

legsdiamond
79621 posts
Sun May-24-20 11:40 AM

2. "Our disposal is hardwired too. "
In response to Reply # 1

Looked online so it shouldn’t be hard to change.

We need new floors and a deck but I’m not doing that myself. Fuck that.

Another project we might conquer this weekend is changing from mulch to rock in the front bushes. Raised garden bed is another one on our list but that’s next weekend.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

legsdiamond
79621 posts
Sun May-24-20 10:17 PM

3. "Almost an hour for the garbage disposal replacement"
In response to Reply # 2

The hardwiring was a piece of cake.

Only issue was lining up the ring to connect it. That took a food half hour but we are good now.

Hopefully our dishwasher smells better now since it’s connected to the GD. The old one smelled awful when we removed it.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13385287 Previous topic | Next topic