Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13382769

Subject: "The uphill legal battle for Ahmaud Arbery's family" Previous topic | Next topic
sersey
Member since Jan 03rd 2005
934 posts
Thu May-07-20 05:13 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"The uphill legal battle for Ahmaud Arbery's family"

This post is about one thing Ive been pondering. The family's ability to get justice. The facts of the case matter, yes. And to you and me the killers are clearly guilty. But when has that ever stopped the justice system from failing us time and time again.In a court room there are tons of variables that play well or play badl with a jury. Thats what I wanna focus on.

I've seen the Arbery family's attorney in media the past few days making his plea for the immediate arrest of the killers and while I agree, the cynic in me immediately thinks....

neither the DA or the white citizens of Brunswick, GA give a shit what your black ass thinks. Then I thought, why dont more black families seek out White attorneys that have a strong record with wrongful death/civil rights cases with racial undertones.

We know the defendants are going to paint Ahmaud as the aggressor. And the way to make a strong case for Ahmaud is to Humanize him. The person doing the humanizing in the court of public opinion (tv/media) and in the courtroom should look like the majority of america (White). But they can also serve as a strong ally for the family of the slain, as well as the best messenger.

Why isnt that the strategy in more of these cases??? A black attorney didnt help Trayvon Martin's case or some of the others where Benjamin Crump was legal counsel.

Sad to say, but a black man representing a dead black man doesnt do much for a reluctant white jury. You wanna pull at their heart strings then get their attention with someone that looks like them.

Thoughts???

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
you should stick this in the original post. it has less than 30 replies...
May 07th 2020
Yup.. I missed that.. Adding to the OG post now...
May 07th 2020
fair point...
May 07th 2020

Reeq
Member since Mar 11th 2013
16347 posts
Thu May-07-20 05:19 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "you should stick this in the original post. it has less than 30 replies..."
In response to Reply # 0

https://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13380931&mesg_id=13380931&page=

its best to keep the convo focused into one place where most people can see it and participate.

sersey
Member since Jan 03rd 2005
934 posts
Thu May-07-20 05:46 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "Yup.. I missed that.. Adding to the OG post now..."
In response to Reply # 1

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Thu May-07-20 05:40 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "fair point..."
In response to Reply # 0

a brother can do it, if he’s comfortable playing both sides.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13382769 Previous topic | Next topic