Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13375955

Subject: "** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **" Previous topic | Next topic
Geah
Member since Feb 16th 2007
48407 posts
Tue Mar-31-20 11:45 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"

I confess quest been KILLIN it on them ones n twos.

@geahuwine

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Someone called the cops on a Black man last night (according to Reddit)
Apr 01st 2020
aint that something, that whiteness knows no bounds to insert
Apr 01st 2020
hunting for toilet paper is so ridiculous
Apr 01st 2020
RE: hunting for toilet paper is so ridiculous
Apr 01st 2020
haha wasnt there another accident with a truck a week ago?
Apr 01st 2020
      3 weeks ago I asked my wife to buy more TP
Apr 01st 2020
           yeah i definitely underestimated the hoarding
Apr 01st 2020
                I’ve definitely passed up a few opportunities to stock up on TP
Apr 01st 2020
                     the good thing is i just gotta worry about myself
Apr 01st 2020
Paper Boi, Paper Boi Really All about that paper, boy
Apr 01st 2020
the genius of glover! lol
Apr 01st 2020
it was a fail
Apr 02nd 2020
      Home depot?
Apr 02nd 2020
           i definitely need to try stores that most people wouldnt consider
Apr 02nd 2020
                Home Depot should have it, and they deliver.
Apr 02nd 2020
                not here i guess lol
Apr 02nd 2020
                     I keep thinking youre in Dallas and not EP
Apr 02nd 2020
                          yeah
Apr 02nd 2020
                No mom & pop grocery or convenience stores there?
Apr 02nd 2020
                     ill have to google
Apr 02nd 2020
before it all comes together, things falls apart (c)
Apr 01st 2020
My closest friend in STL is not really my friend anymore and I feel like
Apr 01st 2020
My cousin sells Paparazzi jewelry.. it’s an MLM scheme
Apr 01st 2020
$5 jewelry isn't jewelry
Apr 01st 2020
yes it is... I didn’t call it gems.. lol
Apr 01st 2020
LOL i just found out about this today
Apr 01st 2020
      My cousin has been all about it
Apr 01st 2020
           lol long haul MLM people are fascinating
Apr 01st 2020
                RE: lol long haul MLM people are fascinating
Apr 01st 2020
                I think she is just starting to hit that wall
Apr 01st 2020
I trust Donald Trump more than I do Bill Gates
Apr 01st 2020
*facepalm*
Apr 02nd 2020
Eff Trump but he right.. Gates is up to some shit
Apr 02nd 2020
Bruh..
Apr 02nd 2020
I am realizing some shit...
Apr 01st 2020
I turn 40 soon
Apr 02nd 2020

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22256 posts
Wed Apr-01-20 10:47 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Someone called the cops on a Black man last night (according to Reddit)"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Apr-01-20 10:51 AM by MEAT

For not social distancing is what they said.

Their side of the story is that they were driving through this mall area, saw him and a group of kids doing exercise on a hill, they rolled down the window to tell him to stop, he then became aggressive verbally, they took pictures of him and the kids, they were then chased, called the cops, waited for the cops to come and then were upset when the cops didn't come.

I had to text a friend after reading that. At some point I'm going to die of an aneurysm of consuming whiteness so frequently. It's just going to break my brain and body. That you can't find a single refuge digitally where that level of white doesn't present itself to you.

City of San Antonio set up a phone number and everything to report behaviors, yet this white woman decided to deputize herself as the protector of all humanity, this in spite of being out and about herself, and then when she posted about it people rallied around her. Meanwhile, there's not a single other example in that sub of people observing behaviors and confronting the people, not one. Same with the Austin sub reddit. There's parks full of people, stores full of people, family outings and gatherings observed, gyms breaking rules, etc. It's only this one black man that was confronted and had the cops called on him at that.

And I've seen dude, every time I'm out there, for the past year,doing a bike ride in the area he's over there with a small group of kids running the hills for track practice. I nod, he nods, we go about our business.

Last night reading that truly bothered me. They deleted the post about 30 minutes ago, but for over 12 hours there was a picture of a Black man and black girls anonymously posted on the internet, location and all, for a spot that he REGULARLY goes to because some white woman didn't get to police Black bodies. Shit is gross.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

lsymone
Member since Nov 03rd 2007
7401 posts
Wed Apr-01-20 11:14 AM

5. "aint that something, that whiteness knows no bounds to insert"
In response to Reply # 1

its nosey "dominance" while half of humanity is being wiped off this planet.

but i have notice the cops aint killing or antagonizing blacks lately, but then again 200 cops in NYC have been stricken w/ it.

take a message

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16412 posts
Wed Apr-01-20 10:58 AM

2. "hunting for toilet paper is so ridiculous"
In response to Reply # 0

what options do i have though? ive chilled on going to the store. i went grocery shopping friday. had to pick up some things at target on sunday. zero toilet paper in either. havent bothered stopping at walmart before work this week.

i just looked online and supposedly another target has several in stock. might stop by after work. if theres nothing i might just order some online and hope it gets here in time lol. i should be good for 2 weeks but its the last thing that i still dont find on the regular.

MEAT
22256 posts
Wed Apr-01-20 11:04 AM

3. "RE: hunting for toilet paper is so ridiculous"
In response to Reply # 2

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2020/04/01/interstate-20-dallas-closed-semi-carrying-toilet-paper-fire/?fbclid=IwAR1qc_WutZHjmBa75UYMpKjL2MgnAMRx-TCQ9-6_7VXb0v4ppJwft0-nZik

------

mista k5
16412 posts
Wed Apr-01-20 11:11 AM

4. "haha wasnt there another accident with a truck a week ago?"
In response to Reply # 3

it was carrying toilet paper too

MEAT
22256 posts
Wed Apr-01-20 11:17 AM

6. "3 weeks ago I asked my wife to buy more TP"
In response to Reply # 4

We didn't NEED it then, but I knew we would and it would be tough to come by. One of the better choices I've made.

------

mista k5
16412 posts
Wed Apr-01-20 11:20 AM

7. "yeah i definitely underestimated the hoarding"
In response to Reply # 6

i bought my regular supply like 3 weeks back. usually lasts me a month maybe more. so i wasnt looking to buy more just a week later. no way i wouldnt be able to find more before i need it right???? oops. i did find some twice since all this got serious. small packs. if i knew there would be more coming i would just wait to look until next week.

gonna start changing my timing so i use it at work instead lol

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79554 posts
Wed Apr-01-20 11:29 AM

8. "I’ve definitely passed up a few opportunities to stock up on TP"
In response to Reply # 7

and it’s always a day later when I’m wondering if I made a mistake.

We have enough for now but in a week?

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

mista k5
16412 posts
Wed Apr-01-20 11:34 AM

9. "the good thing is i just gotta worry about myself"
In response to Reply # 8

dont gotta guess how much someone else might use lol

i do need to remember to use facial tissue when i need to blow my nose. i got plenty of that. until i get sick, i go through facial tissue like crazy when i get sick.

double negative
Member since Dec 14th 2007
22151 posts
Wed Apr-01-20 01:53 PM

13. "Paper Boi, Paper Boi Really All about that paper, boy"
In response to Reply # 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-scUf3Xp9w

https://soundcloud.com/swageyph/yph-die-with-me

mista k5
16412 posts
Wed Apr-01-20 02:31 PM

15. "the genius of glover! lol"
In response to Reply # 13

mista k5
16412 posts
Thu Apr-02-20 09:20 AM

26. "it was a fail"
In response to Reply # 2

i actually checked again before getting out of work and saw that location was now out but my regular one had a few options. i also saw a neighborhood walmart was showing they had some. went to both and came out with none. i did go ahead and replenish some food so i wont need to go back for that.

the saga continues.

MEAT
22256 posts
Thu Apr-02-20 09:49 AM

27. "Home depot?"
In response to Reply # 26

------

mista k5
16412 posts
Thu Apr-02-20 10:10 AM

28. "i definitely need to try stores that most people wouldnt consider"
In response to Reply # 27

including office depot. now that i think about it that was part of my original plan yesterday. the other target location is by an office depot so i was going to hit it up if target failed.

i thought stores would be restocking every night but when i have gone first thing in the morning things are bare. i hear from people that they are bringing it out during the day. being stuck at work doesnt give me much of an option to get there lol

they should really just send some out to every house. fill out your census form? okay youre getting enough per person, boom!

MEAT
22256 posts
Thu Apr-02-20 10:39 AM

29. "Home Depot should have it, and they deliver."
In response to Reply # 28

Home Depot has all the cleaning supplies you need and household stuff
Office Depot keeps a solid amount of cleaning supplies, but also food (think break room filler), they also deliver
I think Michaels has snacks, and they also do curbside pick up
HEB is doing curbside, we ordered a 16 pack, got a 4 pack because that's what was left, but that should hold us for another few weeks
Sears has curbside pick up, check what's on their site

------

mista k5
16412 posts
Thu Apr-02-20 10:57 AM

31. "not here i guess lol"
In response to Reply # 29

i had actually looked at both their websites yesterday (office and home) but it didnt look like a good option. i didnt remember why so i checked right now. home depot show it has 4 pack RV ones available for delivery, okay sure, but when i try to add to cart for delivery it shows they are not available.

same thing with office depot. showed me two options of big packs only available for pick up, try to add both and it says theyre not available in any location. thanks office depot lol

we dont have HEB and sears didnt show any options locally.

i think i might hit up walgreens tomorrow morning before work, maybe leave enough time to check walmart too. if that doesnt work out ill look at my near by grocery store on saturday. they had some when this all started but i dont really go to it so i havent checked since.

definitely going to consider a bidet attachment.

MEAT
22256 posts
Thu Apr-02-20 11:01 AM

32. "I keep thinking youre in Dallas and not EP"
In response to Reply # 31

------

mista k5
16412 posts
Thu Apr-02-20 12:50 PM

35. "yeah"
In response to Reply # 32

i would think being a smaller city we would have more stuff available but nope. i guess the stores dont have as much leverage to get more stock.

when ive searched the stores it says they have it in stock in las cruces. 40 mins, not bad BUT its a different state and i think thats a no no right now.

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13565 posts
Thu Apr-02-20 11:05 AM

33. "No mom & pop grocery or convenience stores there?"
In response to Reply # 28

These get hit last, especially if they are in the hood.

mista k5
16412 posts
Thu Apr-02-20 12:27 PM

34. "ill have to google"
In response to Reply # 33

im sure there are some small shops ive never heard of around me.

i know theres an african shop pretty near by, i know there are some asian shops. wouldnt be surprised if people are avoiding the asian shops. hopefully theyre still opened and werent forced to close. gonna try one of these after work.

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Wed Apr-01-20 11:37 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
10. "before it all comes together, things falls apart (c) "
In response to Reply # 0

I have a crazy amount of compassion going on right now...

SuiteLady
Member since Oct 19th 2004
16194 posts
Wed Apr-01-20 11:57 AM

11. "My closest friend in STL is not really my friend anymore and I feel like"
In response to Reply # 0

a dope because looking back it is clear to me that she came to realization at least a year before me.

oh well!

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

"Love is never any better than the lover" Toni Morrison (The Bluest Eye)

legsdiamond
79554 posts
Wed Apr-01-20 01:25 PM

12. "My cousin sells Paparazzi jewelry.. it’s an MLM scheme"
In response to Reply # 0

I ain’t even mad at her. At least she is trying something instead of complaining on FB all day or asking for cash app donations.

Only problem is the jewelry is $5 a piece. So I know you have to sell a shit load and she says she has to get rid of inventory so she can get new products.

and now she is complaining about being blocked by friends on FB. Ain’t no one trying to buy jewelry everyday.. especially now.

I really feel for people who bet on themselves or invested in some shit that was supposed to make some money and now it’s all gone.

Truly blessed to be where I am right now.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

rdhull
Charter member
33127 posts
Wed Apr-01-20 02:30 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
14. "$5 jewelry isn't jewelry "
In response to Reply # 12

>I ain’t even mad at her. At least she is trying something
>instead of complaining on FB all day or asking for cash app
>donations.
>
>Only problem is the jewelry is $5 a piece. So I know you have
>to sell a shit load and she says she has to get rid of
>inventory so she can get new products.
>
>and now she is complaining about being blocked by friends on
>FB. Ain’t no one trying to buy jewelry everyday.. especially
>now.
>
>I really feel for people who bet on themselves or invested in
>some shit that was supposed to make some money and now it’s
>all gone.
>
>Truly blessed to be where I am right now.
>
>
>
>
>

legsdiamond
79554 posts
Wed Apr-01-20 03:05 PM

17. "yes it is... I didn’t call it gems.. lol"
In response to Reply # 14

Junk jewelry

Mynoriti
Charter member
38815 posts
Wed Apr-01-20 02:48 PM

16. "LOL i just found out about this today"
In response to Reply # 12

I have a friend who sells this stuff and she makes live videos once a week which i never watch, but i legit thought it was her own thing and not some kind of network.

Today she posted some meme about layoffs and closures and what not and how she's weathering it by selling cheap jewelry gives her money for rent and car payments. once i started reading i realized it wasn't her words and that it was just some MLM type shit lol

legsdiamond
79554 posts
Wed Apr-01-20 03:17 PM

18. "My cousin has been all about it"
In response to Reply # 16

She got the fever a while back and believed it would solve all her problems.

Really tho... unless you hustling to reach new people you are going to burn your bridges because family and friends will only cop once or twice before they get tired of you.

Now she is mad people are blocking her on FB but ain’t no one trying to hear the same guilt trip or sales pitch every day.

Mynoriti
Charter member
38815 posts
Wed Apr-01-20 03:50 PM

19. "lol long haul MLM people are fascinating"
In response to Reply # 18

its usually short lived and like you said most people dip out after they've exhausted their loved ones, but one dude i know has been pushing Primerica for 4 years.

he's a good talker so i can see how he could pull some gullible strangers in, but i don't know anyone else who's been in it that long.

>Now she is mad people are blocking her on FB but ain’t no
>one trying to hear the same guilt trip or sales pitch every
>day.

LOL i removed this dude from my news feed years ago and just took a look based on this post and of course these people are trying to leverage the covid thing talking about don't you wish you were better prepared financially for this? message me for more info!

MEAT
22256 posts
Wed Apr-01-20 04:33 PM

20. "RE: lol long haul MLM people are fascinating"
In response to Reply # 19

https://slate.com/business/2018/12/multilevel-marketing-podcast-review-the-dream-facebook.html

------

legsdiamond
79554 posts
Wed Apr-01-20 06:24 PM

22. "I think she is just starting to hit that wall"
In response to Reply # 19

and I can’t front, seeing her hustle is so much better than seeing her beg and complain but I fear after this is over she is going to lose all hope.

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13565 posts
Wed Apr-01-20 06:03 PM

21. "I trust Donald Trump more than I do Bill Gates"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Apr-01-20 06:04 PM by flipnile

I don't trust Trump at all, to give a point of reference. Gates popped up like an evil villain, and stays talking like he's a figure of authority in all this.

FOH Bill Gates.

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85056 posts
Thu Apr-02-20 12:33 AM

24. "*facepalm*"
In response to Reply # 21

<--- Big Baller World Order

rdhull
Charter member
33127 posts
Thu Apr-02-20 02:22 PM

36. "Eff Trump but he right.. Gates is up to some shit"
In response to Reply # 24

There a faction who despises him and feels he is up to something. Getting ready to monopolize on the cure or some shit

legsdiamond
79554 posts
Thu Apr-02-20 07:40 AM

25. "Bruh.. "
In response to Reply # 21

angiebabe3679
Member since Jun 24th 2005
13675 posts
Wed Apr-01-20 08:35 PM

23. "I am realizing some shit..."
In response to Reply # 0

I don't like half the people I talk to...The people I really fuck with, we talk like once a week, I love them, we pick up like we talk every day, and no one gets upset about not talking a lot...

The people I do talk to every day I don't really like...Negative and irritating...

I think I need to get rid of these filler "friends" and just rock with the ones I know are there for me even though we don't see each other often...

====

"Cat's on here making blog posts
about not getting any pussy and
talking about not using washcloths
and too dumb to see the correlation"

atruhead
Charter member
85230 posts
Thu Apr-02-20 10:52 AM

30. "I turn 40 soon"
In response to Reply # 0

the fact that soon means this milestone wont be a big deal or celebration because the world has shut down, that saddens me

Lobby General Discussion topic #13375955 Previous topic | Next topic