Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13375656

Subject: "Buying Records" Previous topic | Next topic
mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16412 posts
Mon Mar-30-20 09:56 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Buying Records"

i have a few questions but i want to start with a selfish one. i ordered an advertised as M/NM copy of mosaic thump on discogs. buyer has a 100% rating with over 800 ratings. got it or $45. a bit pricey but i love de la so cool.

i got it in last week and there was ring wear in the front and back. the rest was in good condition, nothing of note. this folds out to a 36"x24" poster and is a 2 lp album so much thickness.
https://imgur.com/a/UtUgKWo

the sellers response was:
"That’s how they all look, this came from a sealed box from Tommy Boy when it was originally sent as a promo to radio. It’s the last one I own. You may be able to find a sealed commercial release that doesn’t show any wear, I’m not sure. I’ve actually never played the record or even removed it from its original box until I listed it. I don’t want you to be unhappy so you’d be better off returning it, it’s not a big deal to me. I list all my records for a the cheapest price based on condition.. sometimes too cheap. Its hard enough for me to even get to the post office to mail records here in New York City based on the current situation so the last thing I need is to quibble over the cover of a record being NM or VG+. Pleas just return it and I’ll refund your money plus your shipping charges"

im not gonna ship it back. at this point i want to know what kinda feedback to give him. should i just not give him feedback? should i give him negative, neutral or positive feedback? mention the condition of the sleeve in the feedback comment?

i mostly reached out to him because that condition doesnt seem like NM at all to me. maybe hope to get $5-$10 back. im not really sweating that so i dont think im going to ask for it.

if you have a copy of this that you bought new is it true that most/all look like this?

--------

now for more generic questions. which artists do you have their whole discography or get their full discography first?
i have all of badu now, except for live which doesnt have a proper vinyl release. the roots are creeping up there. i just need the love movement and anthology (not sure if ill get that) to complete tribe, i almost bought their full discography when i started buying records lol

which artists have some great albums but you dont have any of their records?
i need some k-os. snoop...i know theres quite a bit but im drawing a blank now.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I wouldn't complain honestly...but idk if I've ever paid $45 for anythin...
Mar 30th 2020
RE: I wouldn't complain honestly...but idk if I've ever paid $45 for any...
Mar 30th 2020
      I'd just not say anything
Mar 30th 2020
           i have talking book
Mar 30th 2020
coming from someone who used to do promo for Tommy Boy...
Mar 30th 2020
i think i was offered this or bionix in CD
Mar 30th 2020
      what's crazy is I didn't even keep a copy for myself of a lot of stuff.....
Mar 30th 2020
           thats crazy
Mar 30th 2020
                yeah, i could see not getting promos to take at radio.
Mar 30th 2020
ever get any extras?
Mar 30th 2020
RE: ever get any extras?
Mar 30th 2020
either return it for a full refund or keep it and KIM. n/m
Mar 30th 2020
I bought mine when it came out
Mar 30th 2020
I don't really haggle on discogs too much
Mar 30th 2020
that price on de la soul is dead is a steal
Mar 30th 2020
      Yep I got it from Blend DJ institute in Las Vegas
Mar 30th 2020
      ive bought a few records that are vg or g
Mar 30th 2020
      how bout stop buying lmao
Mar 30th 2020
           why be sensible????
Mar 30th 2020
I only buy used records. All of mine have blemishes
Mar 30th 2020
It’s part of the thrill right?
Mar 30th 2020
I've bought hundreds of records online over the years.
Mar 30th 2020
Post-jack: What's your most "valuable" record on Discogs
Mar 30th 2020
My top three non box sets are:
Mar 30th 2020
Man, I've been trying to find a reasonablly priced copy of The Sea
Mar 30th 2020
i dont have anything too expensive but still a few that are up there
Mar 30th 2020
pretty much all the Brazilian/rare groove stuff i really want.
Mar 30th 2020
WU LYF - Go Tell Fire To The Mountain, somehow valued at $85min
Mar 30th 2020
All these things are from the last 5 years too
Mar 30th 2020
lol
Mar 30th 2020
Prince The Purple Era - blocked from sales on discogs...soo $0
Mar 30th 2020
Blocked cause they don't plug bootlegs anymore
Apr 01st 2020
Some of my Roots stuff was $$$ - and someone laod me a $$$$ recordn
Mar 30th 2020
Mostly original pressing latin stuff
Mar 31st 2020
Nothing to add other than....I’m reminded of my personal Dela collecti...
Mar 30th 2020
hit my inbox with prices
Mar 31st 2020
Shipping
Mar 31st 2020
In my review of the seller, I would state that there was some ringwear
Apr 01st 2020
that was my main point
Apr 01st 2020
      'kast
Apr 01st 2020
           yeah roots is hard to list
Apr 01st 2020
                I didnt realize how dope HIGO was until I bought it, lol
Apr 01st 2020
                     i always liked HIGO
Apr 01st 2020
I'm only trying to compete my Minnie Riperton solo collection
Apr 01st 2020
Thats the only one I need as well (Garden)
Apr 01st 2020

CherNic
Member since Aug 18th 2005
37156 posts
Mon Mar-30-20 10:13 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I wouldn't complain honestly...but idk if I've ever paid $45 for anythin..."
In response to Reply # 0

Granted I have bought some records with TERRIBLE sleeve quality, but the sound is fine so....it's whatever

I don't have anyone's entire discography. Granted I put myself on a buying freeze earlier this year trying to save. I have 2+ records from a few folks though: Stevie, Janet, Maxwell, Alexander Oneal, EWF - I will eventually get another 1-2 Raphael Saadiq & at least one other Tony Toni Tone record

I would LOVE to get The Original 7's Condensate on Vinyl (I do have The Time's first two albums). Patrice Rushen is still on my list. Teena Marie. Probably some Rufus. Zhane. Dangelo's Brown Sugar. (saw these last 2 in a store in London and almost copped but I hesitated). More Herbie. A couple Common.

mista k5
16412 posts
Mon Mar-30-20 10:25 AM

2. "RE: I wouldn't complain honestly...but idk if I've ever paid $45 for any..."
In response to Reply # 1

>Granted I have bought some records with TERRIBLE sleeve
>quality, but the sound is fine so....it's whatever
if he would had put in the ad that it had some ring wear but it was unplayed (it wasnt sealed) and listed it for $45 i would have bought it. i definitely care more about the media condition. do you think i should give him positive feedback or just no feedback? not sure if discog penalizes you for not giving feedback on purchases. i need someone to tell me to chill on purchases this year lol i kind of went off. i ordered all of de la's albums. they dont come cheap.

>
>I don't have anyone's entire discography. Granted I put myself
>on a buying freeze earlier this year trying to save. I have 2+
>records from a few folks though: Stevie, Janet, Maxwell,
>Alexander Oneal, EWF - I will eventually get another 1-2
>Raphael Saadiq & at least one other Tony Toni Tone record
what are some must haves for stevie? i shamefully have only listened to a handful of his albums.

CherNic
37156 posts
Mon Mar-30-20 10:59 AM

9. "I'd just not say anything"
In response to Reply # 2

I don't think I've ever left feedback on discogs but I might be wrong

My favorite Stevie album is Music of My Mind but I also have Songs In The Key of Life and I *think* I have Innervisions but all my stuff is boxed up right now, I'll have to check later this week

mista k5
16412 posts
Mon Mar-30-20 11:02 AM

10. "i have talking book"
In response to Reply # 9

one of those artists that i feel i need to have more of but i feel overwhelmed whenever i get to his section in the record store. santana and james brown are two more that come to mind.

i have a few EWF records but theyre kinda the same.

PROMO
Charter member
30953 posts
Mon Mar-30-20 10:40 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "coming from someone who used to do promo for Tommy Boy..."
In response to Reply # 0

my thoughts (and yes, I did promo on this album):

- one, if this promo is going for $45 a pop, i wanna kick myself for not keeping a box of them around (i mean, i kinda kick myself for not keeping a lot of promo shit i had but the point was to give it out, right?)

- i can vouch for the seller that this was how the promo LPs came when we got em. also, very few promo vinyl comes sealed, this one included.

mista k5
16412 posts
Mon Mar-30-20 10:45 AM

4. "i think i was offered this or bionix in CD "
In response to Reply # 3

when i had my radio gig in college. i think i didnt feel right taking anything though so i didnt.

i appreciate the feedback. so for this release this is considered M/NM? other M/NM copies are going for over $80 pretty wild.

PROMO
Charter member
30953 posts
Mon Mar-30-20 10:55 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "what's crazy is I didn't even keep a copy for myself of a lot of stuff....."
In response to Reply # 4

like, i think I have a copy of this but I'd have to look. i may very well not.

the promo LPs i regret not keeping the most is Operation Doomsday. i contemplated keeping a whole box when i got em. didn't. i still have two copies somewhere.

sadly, someone broke into my storage at one of my old spots and lifted all of my promo tees. i had every rawkus tee from 2000 to 2003, de la soul promo tees for bionix and mosiac thump (one of which was signed by all 3), etc.

now when i look at the prices some of this shit is selling for i just facepalm.

even promo CDs i had are worth dough (and i was working at Tower Records at the time so I was getting promos outside of just the lables *I* was doing promo for).

mista k5
16412 posts
Mon Mar-30-20 10:59 AM

8. "thats crazy"
In response to Reply # 6

i would love some old tees.

now that i think back on it i definitely took some CDs home but to RIP them. not sure if that was the deal, we could make copies of what we wanted but not keep anything. there may have been a couple that we could take.

PROMO
Charter member
30953 posts
Mon Mar-30-20 11:17 AM

11. "yeah, i could see not getting promos to take at radio."
In response to Reply # 8

from what i remember, working in radio very briefly, stations would serviced by the labels themselves (vs. street promo people like me) and the label would send anywhere from 1 to 4 copies of stuff. then, when shit got opened, the poppin dj's might get to take a copy for themselves and then one copy goes into the archive to actually keep and play.

mista k5
16412 posts
Mon Mar-30-20 10:52 AM

5. "ever get any extras?"
In response to Reply # 0

someone threw in this with (i think) badu's but you cain't use my phone.

https://www.discogs.com/Bebe-Cece-Winans-Bebe-Cece-Winans/release/9178654

made me laugh and was also appreciated.

Johnny
Charter member
4446 posts
Mon Mar-30-20 02:49 PM

16. "RE: ever get any extras?"
In response to Reply # 5

some vinyl sellers put two throwaway records in the mailers to protect the purchased record

sweeneykovar
Member since Oct 26th 2004
10122 posts
Mon Mar-30-20 10:55 AM

7. "either return it for a full refund or keep it and KIM. n/m"
In response to Reply # 0

spitfire
Charter member
1510 posts
Mon Mar-30-20 02:00 PM

12. "I bought mine when it came out"
In response to Reply # 0

didnt keep it sealed, but im not a dj and havent had any turntables hooked up in over 10 years, so it hasnt been overly used. the wear & tear on the front and back looks about the same, mine a little more used on the open side. id say he's being straight with you, but im not that familiar with the norms at Discogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://vintagesoulmusic.tumblr.com
http://vintagehiphopmusic.tumblr.com
http://onetwann.tumblr.com

T Reynolds
Member since Apr 16th 2007
42759 posts
Mon Mar-30-20 02:23 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
13. "I don't really haggle on discogs too much"
In response to Reply # 0

or really in general. I'll try to talk down some ridiculous sellers that mark really good product up super high because they can. He didn't take my offer then but later added me on FB and put a lot of his non discogs catalog on 50%, so sometimes it pays to develop an ongoing conversation.

I've heard dudes play the record in the store and be like "oh there's some scratches on track 3 can you knock some money off the price" I don't personally do that, but I respect it

Other than that if they have positive ratings on discogs I tend to trust that their pricing is fair.

I just paid $39 for a NM/VG copy of De La Soul Is Dead myself, so I feel you on being willing to pay because it's De la.

mista k5
16412 posts
Mon Mar-30-20 02:35 PM

14. "that price on de la soul is dead is a steal"
In response to Reply # 13

i paid 50 for a vg media with a g+ sleeve. i gotta remind myself that minimum i want on media is vg+. sleeves are mostly whatever. even though the post would imply otherwise lol but yeah i want a better sounding copy of it now, i think im gonna jump on a decent price VMP pressing of it

i wanted some input and the consensus seems to be to let it go so im done with that.

T Reynolds
42759 posts
Mon Mar-30-20 02:41 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
15. "Yep I got it from Blend DJ institute in Las Vegas"
In response to Reply # 14

They're on there as Blend702, they have some good stuff for cheap.

Media being VG / VG+ is key. I only make exceptions if it's something where a VG copy is ridiculously expensive. Or if it's an old original reggae 45 or something.

This record guy I buy batches from on the regular had a K Frimpong record in G- (tons of crackle) that I bought because I'm seeing VG+ copies for $275 and I'll never in my life pay that.

mista k5
16412 posts
Mon Mar-30-20 03:16 PM

20. "ive bought a few records that are vg or g"
In response to Reply # 15

have not been happy with them. if its vg+ or above ive had no problems. i think if vg+ copies are too expensive ill just skip on it.

sometimes i see vg and a low price and i get too excited. i have to remind myself its vg+ and above only lol

CherNic
37156 posts
Mon Mar-30-20 02:57 PM

18. "how bout stop buying lmao"
In response to Reply # 14

or give yourself a monthly limit or something.

mista k5
16412 posts
Mon Mar-30-20 03:18 PM

21. "why be sensible????"
In response to Reply # 18

i went on a bit of a splurge this past month. i have like one or two records that i still want to buy but im planning to chill after that. might be like 5 or so records that could make me break it but thats it. until it isnt lol

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13565 posts
Mon Mar-30-20 02:53 PM

17. "I only buy used records. All of mine have blemishes"
In response to Reply # 0

I've got nothing to add here.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79555 posts
Mon Mar-30-20 03:08 PM

19. "It’s part of the thrill right? "
In response to Reply # 0

Waiting, seeing if it’s legit...

but if he is willing to give you your money back what kind of review can you leave? Dude seems like he is willing to work with you.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

dagu
Member since Nov 25th 2005
1650 posts
Mon Mar-30-20 03:18 PM

22. "I've bought hundreds of records online over the years."
In response to Reply # 0

I think I've only returned a record once when the package was noticeably bent when I received it. You could blame the courier but the packaging was also on the thin side. Otherwise I've received stuff with varying degrees of relatively minor damage (most often to the spine) but I've never tried to return them or docked the seller for it.

---------------------

http://www.last.fm/user/dagu85

dagu
1650 posts
Mon Mar-30-20 03:23 PM

23. "Post-jack: What's your most "valuable" record on Discogs"
In response to Reply # 0

The value of course is based on how much it has sold for in the Discogs marketplace so it's by no means definitive but definitely interesting to look at.

---------------------

dagu
1650 posts
Mon Mar-30-20 03:25 PM

24. "My top three non box sets are:"
In response to Reply # 23
Mon Mar-30-20 03:26 PM by dagu

1. Esperanza Spalding - Exposure - $561.80
2. Corinne Bailey Rae - The Sea - $425.00
3. Khruangin - The Infamous Bill - $250.00

---------------------

Hitokiri
Charter member
22101 posts
Mon Mar-30-20 04:21 PM

28. "Man, I've been trying to find a reasonablly priced copy of The Sea"
In response to Reply # 24
Mon Mar-30-20 04:25 PM by Hitokiri

for a while now

edit: I don't see it having ever sold for $425 though, and the two current listings are $270 and $285

--

"You can't beat white people. You can only knock them out."

mista k5
16412 posts
Mon Mar-30-20 03:43 PM

25. "i dont have anything too expensive but still a few that are up there"

De La Soul - 3 Feet High And Rising VMP $100.00
I haven't listened to it. i definitely paid a lot for it. only one from this list that i almost paid max price for. i thought i had gotten it for $27 from VMP back in november but they oversold it so i gave in and bought it on reddit last month for like $75.

Gang Starr - Moment of Truth $99.99
it doesnt sound great either, it was a spur of the moment purchase. saw it in the record store and "had" to have it. now i wish i would had done more research lol

Jurassic 5 - Quality Control - The Wood Box $99.89
i guess its technically a box set. being a huge j5 fan i had to have it. i found it new/sealed for around median price. i havent listened to it yet

A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Marauders $95.99
i might need to inspect this one again because i dont think i was checking the runout at the time and just going off from what the seller said. i would check the label to see if it matched. definitely happy with it.

De La Soul - De La Soul Is Dead $95.00
its a good pressing but a worn copy. has more surface noise than i would like.

The Notorious B.I.G.* - Ready To Die VMP $89.99
this sounds and looks great. got a great price on it and super happy with it.

De La Soul - And The Anonymous Nobody $86.67
i ordered the regular version from de la's website last year. it took forever to get to me but to my surprise they sent me the clear version. dope.

besides 3 ft high i think i paid median price for all of these

double negative
Member since Dec 14th 2007
22151 posts
Mon Mar-30-20 03:44 PM

26. "pretty much all the Brazilian/rare groove stuff i really want. "

https://soundcloud.com/swageyph/yph-die-with-me

benny
Member since Jan 15th 2003
8435 posts
Mon Mar-30-20 04:02 PM

27. "WU LYF - Go Tell Fire To The Mountain, somehow valued at $85min"

one of my fave rock albums of the last decade, but I had no idea it was priced that way until I just looked it up

------------------------------
For the record, my teams:
MLB: Mets / Soccer: PSG
NCAA BB: Arizona / NCAA FB: Michigan
NBA: Spurs / NFL: Jets

Hitokiri
Charter member
22101 posts
Mon Mar-30-20 04:30 PM

29. "All these things are from the last 5 years too"
Mon Mar-30-20 04:31 PM by Hitokiri

Snoh Aalegra: Feels - $610
Frank Ocean: Blond - $585
Esperanza Spalding: Exposure - $561
Frank Ocean: Endless - $277
Raveena: Shanti - $250
Jorja Smith: Project 11 - $217

in summation: people are fucking stupid.

--

"You can't beat white people. You can only knock them out."

mista k5
16412 posts
Mon Mar-30-20 04:39 PM

30. "lol"
In response to Reply # 29

>in summation: people are fucking stupid.
>

CherNic
37156 posts
Mon Mar-30-20 05:37 PM

31. "Prince The Purple Era - blocked from sales on discogs...soo $0"

probably b/c the quality sucks. It was an impulse buy for some live performances and it's just not very good. In my Goodwill pile for now.

tully_blanchard
Charter member
6902 posts
Wed Apr-01-20 07:39 AM

37. "Blocked cause they don't plug bootlegs anymore"
In response to Reply # 31

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

#2dopebrothersandastackofwax

https://www.instagram.com/bobgeorge87

https://www.instagram.com/thirtythree.three/

handle
Charter member
18941 posts
Mon Mar-30-20 06:55 PM

32. "Some of my Roots stuff was $$$ - and someone laod me a $$$$ recordn"

Someone (I forget who - HONEST) sent me Da Minds Of Sol ‎– Blinded By Da Light / Holocaust Part II . One of those went for like $1200 in 2013. Down to like $200 now I think they did a reiuses.

Jay- Z Unplugged vinyl has gone as high as $215.

The Roots Undun has gone for about $150

Blackalicious Blazing Arrow has gone over $00.

The Roots - Thought At Work went for $150.

The Philadelphia Experiment - The Philadelphia Experiment has gone for $100.

I sold *ALL* of my records from The Roots a while back in a single lot.

Others:

My 4LP Kraftwerk - Minimum-Maximum is going for like $400 now. (Sold mine for $200.)

Steely Dan - Everything Must Go on vinyl goes for $150 - sold my copy with sleeve wear for $100 last year.

------------

Gone: My Discogs collection for The Roots:
http://www.discogs.com/user/tomhayes-roots/collection

T Reynolds
42759 posts
Tue Mar-31-20 09:08 AM

34. "Mostly original pressing latin stuff"

Pucho and the Soul Brothers "Super Freak" - $200
Ray Barretto "Acid" - $199.99
The Lebron Brothers Orchestra "The Brooklyn Bums - $180
Joe Bataan "Singing Some Soul" - $174.95

sersey
Member since Jan 03rd 2005
934 posts
Mon Mar-30-20 09:56 PM

33. "Nothing to add other than....I’m reminded of my personal Dela collecti..."
In response to Reply # 0

Which I’m about ready to part with. Any one interested in the Clearlake Audiotorium EP? I have original pressings on vinyl as well as CD. Originally released to radio stations only.

Other quirky shit I have like label issued VHS tapes of music videos like Busta-Gimme some more, NERD-Lapdance and a Radiohead VHS with a handful of vids from the Ok Computer era. Think it’s called Television Commercials or something like that.

DM me if interested.

mista k5
16412 posts
Tue Mar-31-20 09:13 AM

35. "hit my inbox with prices"
In response to Reply # 33
Tue Mar-31-20 09:13 AM by mista k5

for de la albums including the ep

mista k5
16412 posts
Tue Mar-31-20 09:28 AM

36. "Shipping"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Mar-31-20 09:53 AM by mista k5

it might crack but it wont go pop

https://imgur.com/a/TRvJSPC

tully_blanchard
Charter member
6902 posts
Wed Apr-01-20 08:12 AM

38. "In my review of the seller, I would state that there was some ringwear"
In response to Reply # 0

That's not M/NM condition. It was a steal for the price, but dudes' gotta be honest about the condition.

I'm a Prince completist, so that means I own/buy everything by him, The Time, Jesse Johnson, Morris, Vanity, Eric Leeds, any material recorded for the Paisley Park label, anything where he might have written a song/produced a song/played guitar on, 45s..everything. I'm close to owning all Cameo albums (that I care to own), as well as P-Funk, The Roots, and Outkast.

Most expensive? Either my Black Album, Gold Experience or maybe NPG Exodus (all Prince jawns)

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

mista k5
16412 posts
Wed Apr-01-20 09:19 AM

39. "that was my main point"
In response to Reply # 38

>That's not M/NM condition. It was a steal for the price, but
>dudes' gotta be honest about the condition.
i think the wear looks worse because its a black background. if the wear would have been mentioned and listed for the same price i wouldnt even have brought it up. oh well.

better than receiving the wrong version of an album....

>I'm a Prince completist, so that means I own/buy everything by
>him, The Time, Jesse Johnson, Morris, Vanity, Eric Leeds, any
>material recorded for the Paisley Park label, anything where
>he might have written a song/produced a song/played guitar on,
>45s..everything. I'm close to owning all Cameo albums (that I
>care to own), as well as P-Funk, The Roots, and Outkast.

which ones are you missing for the roots and outkast?

im missing stankonia, the love below/speakerboxx and idlewild. i was close to buying stankonia but dude said his wife got upset at him for trying to sell the records. he thought she wanted him too lol i pretty much still need aquemini because the pressing i have of it sucks, dont even want to throw it on.

tully_blanchard
Charter member
6902 posts
Wed Apr-01-20 11:36 AM

42. "'kast"
In response to Reply # 39

I need the same ones. I have the 20th anniversary picture disc of ATLiens, so I guess I need the authentic jawn of that. I focused on getting one offs of theirs first...Any Given Sunday soundtrack, Light it Up soundtrack..10" Morris Brown single (red vinyl), 10" ATLiens single (glow in the dark), stuff like that.

The Roots..for whatever reason I'm chasing all the "colored vinyl" jawns I can find now..but I have "regular versions" of Game Theory, Rising Down, HIGO..and I have the VMP versions of Phren and HIGO..so I need everything else, lol

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

mista k5
16412 posts
Wed Apr-01-20 11:49 AM

43. "yeah roots is hard to list"
In response to Reply # 42

should i list what i have or what im missing. i feel like i have so much of them but im also missing a lot.

i need
organix
come alive (i love the cd so i think i wanna get it on vinyl too)
the tipping point
game theory
rising down
undun

im not gonna bother with collabo albums or eps lol

whats weird is that i didnt ever go out saying i NEED to get any roots albums. i just would come across them (in person or online) and be like "thats a good price and cant pass it up" theyve all been good pressings too and enjoy all of the albums. i really want organix and game theory. i keep thinking i didnt like the tipping point that much until a song comes on and i realize i just really didnt like dont say nuthin and maybe another track. it has some great songs. rising down is the one im the least pressed about. cant name a song without looking at the track listing that i love from it. checking out the track listing, i definitely like criminal. 75 bars probably is great too. i dont remember hating it but i just dont remember much about that album. undun is actually one i really like, probably more than tipping point.

tully_blanchard
Charter member
6902 posts
Wed Apr-01-20 02:01 PM

44. "I didnt realize how dope HIGO was until I bought it, lol"
In response to Reply # 43

Kinda slept on it until, like you, I found a good price on it.
Listened to it as was like "DAMN"

Rising Down is better than I remembered too.

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

mista k5
16412 posts
Wed Apr-01-20 02:18 PM

45. "i always liked HIGO"
In response to Reply # 44

definitely need to revisit rising down

catalyst
Member since Dec 27th 2005
1389 posts
Wed Apr-01-20 09:41 AM

40. "I'm only trying to compete my Minnie Riperton solo collection"
In response to Reply # 0

Just missing "Come To My Garden". Will probably end up buying it online at some point. Also want "Here, My Dear". Still trying to complete my Stevie collection. Got of all his classic period albums.

tully_blanchard
Charter member
6902 posts
Wed Apr-01-20 10:03 AM

41. "Thats the only one I need as well (Garden)"
In response to Reply # 40
Wed Apr-01-20 10:21 AM by tully_blanchard

Got all the "classic period" Marvin. Lucked up on a VG+ "Here My Dear" for 7 bucks about a year ago.

Only need "Songs" for the Stevie jawns (starting with Coming From Where I'm From-> Woman In Red)

Got all the Rufus albums too

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

Lobby General Discussion topic #13375656 Previous topic | Next topic