Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13374959

Subject: "ATL OKPs: y'all watch this East Lake Meadows doc on PBS?" Previous topic | Next topic
Jay Doz
Member since Dec 13th 2005
8663 posts
Wed Mar-25-20 10:00 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"ATL OKPs: y'all watch this East Lake Meadows doc on PBS?"

https://www.pbs.org/video/east-lake-meadows-full-film/

-------
"A man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards. More than that no man is entitled, and less than that no man shall have." - TR

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I saw it last night.
Mar 25th 2020
just saw it float down my timeline
Mar 25th 2020
Sooooo good.
Mar 25th 2020
*bookmark*
Mar 25th 2020

tariqhu
Charter member
17882 posts
Wed Mar-25-20 11:00 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "I saw it last night. "
In response to Reply # 0

just happened to catch it while flipping channels.

I grew up in the swats and knew very little about ELM. it was being torn down when I began hanging in decatur more. the history is really interesting. sux how folks were put in limbo as they were trying to decide what to do with the property.

seems it was way better to have Cousins in on it rather than just the ALT housing authority, who just wanted to kick everyone out. and thank goodness for that one lady. can't remember her name, but the one that was having meeting with city leaders about the people in the community. she made a world of diff.

they've really changed the whole area. putting the publix there and revamping those schools has made a huge difference. along with the mixed use apartments. my MIL lived there for a bit.

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

CherNic
Member since Aug 18th 2005
37156 posts
Wed Mar-25-20 11:18 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "just saw it float down my timeline"
In response to Reply # 0

Will give it a look maybe this weekend.

I was working the golf tournament a couple years ago, and on the bus over heard one of the white volunteers talking about how bad of a neighborhood the golf course was in. I was so heated.

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49393 posts
Wed Mar-25-20 02:41 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "Sooooo good. "
In response to Reply # 0

Man Ken Burns in them have a gift for storytelling where I was just sitting there waiting to see how it would all turn out (when I knew how it would all turn out).

It's a complicated story they told very well.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

blkprinceMD05
Member since Nov 29th 2004
41323 posts
Wed Mar-25-20 03:55 PM

4. "*bookmark*"
In response to Reply # 0

prototype

stand ur ground, believe in urself,
believe in love, prepare urself for love, remove the negativity from ur life, and accept the love u kno u deserve

Lobby General Discussion topic #13374959 Previous topic | Next topic