Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13372105

Subject: "Any hybrid drivers here?" Previous topic | Next topic
cbk
Charter member
4535 posts
Mon Mar-09-20 10:26 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Any hybrid drivers here?"
Tue Mar-10-20 09:19 AM by CyrenYoung

*Edit: Offensive racial slur*

If so, whachu got?

How long have you had it?

Most importantly, what MPG you getting?

I finally broke down and got a new RAV4 hybrid.

Best decision I’ve made in a long time.

Don’t know why I didn’t do it earlier.

Had a lil Scion tC for the longest. But it was time for something new.

So I went full soccer mom. My first automatic car too. Driving much slower and safer now, tryna get those MPGs up. Goal: 41 MPG

Happy 50th D’Angelo: https://chrisp.bandcamp.com/track/d-50

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
2010 Prius
Mar 10th 2020
There was a time when a 2010 Prius was my dream car
Mar 12th 2020
2013 Prius
Mar 11th 2020
NICE 👍👍👍
Mar 12th 2020
2014 RX450
Mar 12th 2020

Walleye
Charter member
15523 posts
Tue Mar-10-20 02:17 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "2010 Prius"
In response to Reply # 0

I bought it cheap off of my mom last summer when she upgraded, which was perfect timing as I then proceeded to lose my job and replace it with four separate jobs that had me commuting between 70-90 miles daily (depends on the day - though this semester I'm down to about 30-50).

Mileage varies, but by some pretty predictable conditions. Having the heat on in the winter or AC in the summer limits my mileage (I live in DC, for what it's worth) and the best road conditions are local highways where it's not really advisable (due to speed trap or conditions) to drive above 50-55. That actually describes my longest individual commute, so when things are good I'm around 46-47mpg. When things are bad I'm down around 40-41.

I don't really like anything else about the car. It looks like it's from a 70s sci-fi film about the near future, and some of the sight lines are pretty wretched. It's clear that the folks who make the car agree with that last part because it has a beeping sound when I'm in reverse that sounds like I'm driving a forklift. Automakers have traditionally solved that problem by having windows that I could see out of, but having the car make an obnoxious noise warning people to not get hit is ... also a move.

Still, it saves me just an absolute ton of money at a time when I don't make very much. It's run well, though I can't imagine it has a whole lot more time left. God only knows what I'll do then, though even with the mileage I think I'd still rather just spend less time in the car.

"Walleye, a lot of things are going to go wrong in your life that technically aren't your fault. Always remember that this doesn't make you any less of an idiot"

--Walleye's Dad

cbk
Charter member
4535 posts
Thu Mar-12-20 11:02 AM

3. "There was a time when a 2010 Prius was my dream car"
In response to Reply # 1

Probably cuz I watched Curb Your Enthusiasm and wanted to be like Larry David haha.

My wife a has newer model Prius, and honestly, I think it’s a perfect car. I would’ve bought one, but I thought it would be silly to have two the same car. So I got a RAV4 instead for long read trips (that we never take!)

double 0
Member since Nov 17th 2004
7008 posts
Wed Mar-11-20 08:23 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "2013 Prius"
In response to Reply # 0

50 mpg.... flossin

Double 0
DJ/Producer/Artist
Producer in Kidz In The Hall
-------------------------------------------
twitter: @godouble0
IG: @godouble0
www.thinklikearapper.com

cbk
Charter member
4535 posts
Thu Mar-12-20 11:04 AM

4. "NICE 👍👍👍"
In response to Reply # 2

double negative
Member since Dec 14th 2007
22151 posts
Thu Mar-12-20 03:12 PM

5. "2014 RX450"
In response to Reply # 0

before that a CT200H

the 450 is aight. hybrid mode is only used 15 mph and below.

milage is also aight since me and wife tend to run late so we use sport mode a fuckload which is an absolute gas burner but it's fast as fuck.

https://soundcloud.com/swageyph/yph-die-with-me

Lobby General Discussion topic #13372105 Previous topic | Next topic