Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13370028

Subject: "I have difficulty relaxing. " Previous topic | Next topic
Invisiblist
Charter member
33760 posts
Mon Mar-02-20 10:58 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"I have difficulty relaxing. "

I work in video, yet I difficulty finding kicking back and consuming video because I have difficulty relaxing.

My wife has sometimes commented on how we don't watch stuff together, especially adult stuff, since the kids are around so much.

Last night I was excited to get the kids to bed and watch Knives Out. As expected, neither of us had enough energy to finish the movie, so we pushed the second half to tonight.

She comes out from putting the older daughter to bed, and I go to start the movie, but then The Dog scratches the back door. The Dog is gonna scratch to get back in, so it's not worth starting the movie yet. I talk about a movie I'm excited to see soon.

Wife: "Did you hear about your best friend's cousin getting murdered?"

BITCH WTF

She didn't do it on purpose. She's just bringing up other stuff I'm interested in, i.e. my friend. However, my ability to finish this movie is fucking ruined.

As a matter of fact, the three events that had the worst impact on my drinking all had to do with similar circumstances. Come on, man.

Am I an asshole? Do I have control issues for being irritated at the timing?

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
counseling man. idk if you've done it but gotta do it.
Mar 02nd 2020
Dammit
Mar 02nd 2020
dude, the stuff I've learned in being married a few years
Mar 02nd 2020
+1 for counseling both personal and couples
Mar 03rd 2020
People be like, Don’t put a tv in your bedroom if you’re married’
Mar 03rd 2020
Set some wind-down hour rules and boundaries
Mar 03rd 2020
maaaaaaaaan
Apr 14th 2020

Rjcc
Charter member
94964 posts
Mon Mar-02-20 11:03 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "counseling man. idk if you've done it but gotta do it."
In response to Reply # 0

also, man it's weird how out of sync you can be with your partner in terms of them bringing something up.

all the time, "so you decided to mention this, now, while I'm trying to chill for the first time in forever."

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

Invisiblist
Charter member
33760 posts
Mon Mar-02-20 11:29 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Dammit "
In response to Reply # 1

You and ETFP are on the same page.

Can’t it be enough that I’m always sensitive to her triggers but she isn’t sensitive to mine? Damn.

Rjcc
Charter member
94964 posts
Mon Mar-02-20 11:31 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "dude, the stuff I've learned in being married a few years"
In response to Reply # 2

I'm only just now picking up on how much it messes me up, completely, to be stressed out? because I pretty much put together my life so I could have no stress and shit that I was supposed to worry about I just didn't?

but now she's like tripping all over the wires and setting off the explosives and the trap doors, it's wild.

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

double negative
Member since Dec 14th 2007
22151 posts
Tue Mar-03-20 10:51 AM

6. "+1 for counseling both personal and couples"
In response to Reply # 1

couples shit once in a blue moon to look under the hood when shit gets intense

personal ongoing to keep your well being at optimal levels

https://soundcloud.com/swageyph/yph-die-with-me

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44616 posts
Tue Mar-03-20 07:26 AM

4. "People be like, Don’t put a tv in your bedroom if you’re married’"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Mar-03-20 07:27 AM by FLUIDJ

I be like “FOH”

"Get ready....for your blessing....."
"Bury me by my Grand-Grand and when you can come follow me"

double negative
Member since Dec 14th 2007
22151 posts
Tue Mar-03-20 10:50 AM

5. "Set some wind-down hour rules and boundaries "
In response to Reply # 0

For example, I'm a big believer in good sleep hygiene so I think of sleep not as a hard stop you take after being awake and doing stuff but a gradual removal of stimulation so the last 30 minutes or hour before sleep is low lights, low sounds and chill vibes.

I try not to even touch my phone when I'm in bed when the lights are off. My wife will spend hours on instagram not sleeping. The lights and sound affect me as well. We talked about it a few times but she didnt get it until I had to respond to some emergency emails and the light was fucking up her sleep.

Now we have an unspoken agreement that in the time before bed once the kids are asleep after house chores are done thats not a time to bring up heavy shit or open forbidden conversations

https://soundcloud.com/swageyph/yph-die-with-me

Invisiblist
Charter member
33760 posts
Tue Apr-14-20 12:25 AM

7. "maaaaaaaaan"
In response to Reply # 5

Yeah, she wants to phone and TV all the way to bedtime every night.

Now I do it, too, and it's not good.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13370028 Previous topic | Next topic