Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13363205

Subject: "** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **" Previous topic | Next topic
Geah
Member since Feb 16th 2007
48407 posts
Wed Jan-22-20 08:18 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"

Zzz

@geahuwine

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
What my man MEAT Dogg said about Neera Tanden
Jan 22nd 2020
bruhhhhhh what
Jan 23rd 2020
      Lmao... dudes must be backed up.
Jan 23rd 2020
I’m renting a GMC suv while my car is in the shop
Jan 22nd 2020
i hated SUVs until i got one
Jan 22nd 2020
Thanks.. we will get thru this
Jan 22nd 2020
      thats how things always were for me
Jan 22nd 2020
Might I suggest looking into...
Jan 22nd 2020
      My MIL has the 3 row joint. It’s ugly
Jan 22nd 2020
i got some new gel/pomade in last night and it smells great
Jan 22nd 2020
shaved my head for the first time
Jan 22nd 2020
I look crazy as fuck and it's kinda getting to me.
Jan 22nd 2020
Haven't been exercising like I should, but I still look in shape
Jan 22nd 2020
ive been bad about that lately
Jan 23rd 2020
I gotta be more present (mentally) for my kid.
Jan 23rd 2020
i need to find something to do outside of work
Jan 23rd 2020
Think I’m going to join a gym
Jan 23rd 2020
      ive never been into working out
Jan 23rd 2020
           I got young kids... so I need my thing to be outside the house
Jan 23rd 2020
                RE: I got young kids... so I need my thing to be outside the house
Jan 23rd 2020

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Wed Jan-22-20 09:59 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "What my man MEAT Dogg said about Neera Tanden"
In response to Reply # 0

I feel 100% of Karen Finney.

Totally would (redacted, redacted, redacted) and (redacted).

Decepticon Lite industry is lucrative unfort.

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85076 posts
Thu Jan-23-20 11:58 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
14. "bruhhhhhh what"
In response to Reply # 1

>I feel 100% of Karen Finney.

at least w/ Neera i was like "aight i can see that"

<--- Big Baller World Order

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79611 posts
Thu Jan-23-20 12:49 PM

17. "Lmao... dudes must be backed up. "
In response to Reply # 14

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

legsdiamond
79611 posts
Wed Jan-22-20 10:22 AM

2. "I’m renting a GMC suv while my car is in the shop "
In response to Reply # 0

and I’m not mad at it. You have to push buttons to change from Parking, Reverse, Drive... shit is weird but also convenient.

Kids love it. I think my next car will be an SUV but it needs to be electric or hybrid.

————

2020 is off to a rough start but I’m not going to let it fuck up my vibe. I’ve been killing it at work. Any bad news I just shrug and push thru it because what else can I do? Trying to get my wife to do the same. She did a great job bouncing back from a setback. Crying and self pity doesn’t solve shit. Work on the solution.

————

I’ve finally hit my goal financially but I want more.. like 30K to 40K more. Have to go to bed earlier and wake up earlier so I can dedicate my mornings to my grind while the kids are still asleep.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16414 posts
Wed Jan-22-20 11:29 AM

3. "i hated SUVs until i got one "
In response to Reply # 2

if i had a family id definitely get one. would like for it to be a hybrid at minimum though.

gmc has been pretty solid the last 10 years.

hopefully its just a bad start to 2020 for you and it gets great shortly.

legsdiamond
79611 posts
Wed Jan-22-20 11:35 AM

5. "Thanks.. we will get thru this"
In response to Reply # 3

having cars break down as soon as I got word of a raise is some typical shit.

My kids love riding in SUV’s. I like the space and being up higher.

Not much of a GMC fan but between this truck and the Jeep unlimited I rented fro work I ain’t mad.

Think I’m going to to test drive every SUB on the market before I cop. I like the look of the new KIA and Hyundai.. and that Mazda model looks nice too. I don’t think I want a luxury brand tho.. the service charges aren’t worth it.

mista k5
16414 posts
Wed Jan-22-20 11:40 AM

6. "thats how things always were for me"
In response to Reply # 5

>having cars break down as soon as I got word of a raise is
>some typical shit.

every time i got a raise our expenses would go up or a big expense would fall on us.

ive said it before but dont overlook the chevy traverse/gmc acadia. very practical, if youre looking to move people and their things theyre hard to beat. if you need towing then it might not be the best choice but still would be decent.

double negative
Member since Dec 14th 2007
22151 posts
Wed Jan-22-20 02:55 PM

7. "Might I suggest looking into..."
In response to Reply # 2

Ok, these are everywhere and they are ugly as shit

but

every one I know who has owned one ends up driving them well past 250k and then buying the next generation.

again

ugly as shit, ubiquitous.

but

no complaints, I love mine even though I think it's the ugliest thing I've ever driven.

The Lexus RX350/450H. We have the hybrid version from a few years ago. Got a deal through the certified used program.

It's luxury but it aint. It's just a toyota with a nice shirt on.

https://soundcloud.com/swageyph/yph-die-with-me

legsdiamond
79611 posts
Wed Jan-22-20 04:38 PM

11. "My MIL has the 3 row joint. It’s ugly"
In response to Reply # 7

dude at the dealership said “you can’t see it from the inside”

I will probably get a Toyota before a Lexus tho...

I like the way it drives tho. No complaints. She barely drives it now. She got a shitty smart car As a toy to get around since it’s a beach community.

mista k5
16414 posts
Wed Jan-22-20 11:32 AM

4. "i got some new gel/pomade in last night and it smells great"
In response to Reply # 0

"Dope" by Johnny B. I was using mode which i like but didnt really like how it dried up at the end of the day. not sure if this will be better on that but i do like the scent.

kinda weird though, its mostly solid in the container, was weird to apply it.

tomjohn29
Member since Oct 18th 2004
16802 posts
Wed Jan-22-20 03:02 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
8. "shaved my head for the first time"
In response to Reply # 0

liberating

Navem nu, cuando sol
Tutu nu, vondo nos nu
Vita em, no continous non
Nos nu ekta nos sepe ta, amen

When the sun shades the ship
We sweat and life is not safe
To swim or to touch not
When we unite we hedge amen

double negative
Member since Dec 14th 2007
22151 posts
Wed Jan-22-20 04:15 PM

9. "I look crazy as fuck and it's kinda getting to me. "
In response to Reply # 0

i work in an office.

my wife and the family moved so we're living out of boxes.

my expensive ass "buy it for life" rowenta iron took a massive shit.

I'm the type of dude who irons every damn morning.

I trust no other barber to touch my hair except the one I've been with for 5 years.

My wife is incapable of lifting the kids due to an injury. So, no matter what, I gotta leave the office, at five. HARD OUT so I can't just pop on over to the barber on the way home now that my commute is all the fuck out of order and dude is in the completely different direction.

So, I aint had a haircut in damn near two months and all my shit is wrinkled.

I work in the most corporate of offices. I mean, one of the partners has a nappy ass afro and one of the associates has braids, some brothers here have locs. BUT STILL, I need a fucking trim.

https://soundcloud.com/swageyph/yph-die-with-me

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13575 posts
Wed Jan-22-20 04:20 PM

10. "Haven't been exercising like I should, but I still look in shape"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Jan-22-20 04:21 PM by flipnile

Know I gotta be kinda weak (relatively), but still got the pack. Back to 5x per week workouts in the basement. Also gonna start running again.

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85076 posts
Thu Jan-23-20 02:08 PM

20. "ive been bad about that lately"
In response to Reply # 10

especially since it got cold. i'll get in the house and be like "do i need to go to the gym"

look at myself in the mirror and then go turn on the Switch

<--- Big Baller World Order

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Thu Jan-23-20 11:08 AM

12. "I gotta be more present (mentally) for my kid. "
In response to Reply # 0

I’m super busy right now at the house, but when I’m done with that stuff I’m going to commit to ensuring that I’m around until she goes to bed.
Which will mean logging off and out, but that’s not a bad thing.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

mista k5
16414 posts
Thu Jan-23-20 11:17 AM

13. "i need to find something to do outside of work"
In response to Reply # 0

just chilling isnt working out well for me

legsdiamond
79611 posts
Thu Jan-23-20 12:03 PM

15. "Think I’m going to join a gym"
In response to Reply # 13

and I need to find one day a week where I do some me shit.

I’m going to see if someone is holding an art class or a model and by bust out my sketch pad.

mista k5
16414 posts
Thu Jan-23-20 12:43 PM

16. "ive never been into working out"
In response to Reply # 15

i think i am going to start working out at home at least on the weekends though. i dont see myself as ever going to a gym but who knows.

>and I need to find one day a week where I do some me shit.
>
>I’m going to see if someone is holding an art class or a
>model and by bust out my sketch pad.
>

thats an interesting idea. had not considered a class. its been a minute since i draw and im kind of getting the itch but i figured i would just do it at home. i kind of want to try a drawing tablet. i was thinking of using my phone for that but its just so small.

right now the first thing that pops in my head is to try making beats. ive never seriously messed around with it but im pretty sure i would enjoy it.

being around some people might be good though lol so that class idea has me intrigued.

legsdiamond
79611 posts
Thu Jan-23-20 12:53 PM

18. "I got young kids... so I need my thing to be outside the house "
In response to Reply # 16
Thu Jan-23-20 01:04 PM by legsdiamond

They love them some daddy so I get no chill time at home. My name is “Daddy Iwant”

I tried drawing with a tablet.. it sucks.

Beats are a good idea. I used to get it in and sometimes I think about making a new beat but I spend enough time looking at screens.

and the gym, it’s not because I like working out... I just need to exercise more since I got young kids and been chilling hard.

mista k5
16414 posts
Thu Jan-23-20 01:57 PM

19. "RE: I got young kids... so I need my thing to be outside the house "
In response to Reply # 18

>They love them some daddy so I get no chill time at home. My
>name is “Daddy Iwant”
ha, i remember sitting in the car for like 5 minutes before walking in cuz you just need that break sometimes. i definitely understand this need.

>
>I tried drawing with a tablet.. it sucks.
i really like the concept...not really a tablet but drawing on the screen directly. cinteqs?? are those things still super expensive? im going to look into it and maybe when that bonus comes in i might take the plunge.

>
>Beats are a good idea. I used to get it in and sometimes I
>think about making a new beat but I spend enough time looking
>at screens.
thats a good point, it wouldnt hurt to do something that takes me away from the phone and screens. im thinking i might look into some woodworking class. i do want to get into that and a beginner class would be kind of smart instead of jumping right into it. its been over a decade since i did any sort of workshop stuff.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13363205 Previous topic | Next topic