Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13360430

Subject: "Claude Anderson on Breakfast Club - When did Africans become Black Ameri..." Previous topic | Next topic
Musa
Member since Mar 08th 2006
15789 posts
Wed Dec-25-19 10:59 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Claude Anderson on Breakfast Club - When did Africans become Black Ameri..."
Wed Dec-25-19 11:16 PM by Musa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW39KOf_f04

If ever there was a red pill for Black(Stolen Africans) ADOS or FBA(agent/opportunist hashtag movements) this is it.

I think Dr Anderson breaks down the dilemmas we face with crystal clarity but towards the end he and I disagree with his assessment of us being Black Americans.

My question is at what date, time, year, era, period did the STOLEN AFRICANS become Black Americans?

In my opinion the missing African identity and the Frankenstein EURASIAN implanted negro/colored/Black american one is the primary issue with our people in fact it was a primary objective of slavers to demonize and separate the STOLEN AFRICANS from their true identity.

So I want to know when did the STOLEN AFRICANS become Black Americans? No vague answer please I need specific dates/year/time period etc

<----

Soundcloud.com/aquil84

(HIP HOP)
http://aquil.bandcamp.com

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
If there’s an exact date I’d love to know.
Dec 25th 2019
RE: If there’s an exact date I’d love to know.
Dec 25th 2019
RE: Claude Anderson on Breakfast Club - When did Africans become Black A...
Dec 26th 2019
Good points rebuttal
Dec 26th 2019
      RE: Good points rebuttal
Dec 26th 2019
           correction
Dec 26th 2019
           Lol 11 people lynched at once
Dec 27th 2019
                This is not a comparison.
Dec 27th 2019
August 07, 1968 2:17pm
Dec 26th 2019
So a James Brown song
Dec 26th 2019
      We've always been what we are. Names changes...but aren't we more
Dec 26th 2019
           What have we always been?
Dec 26th 2019
                so; you see how silly this whole exercise is then, right?
Dec 26th 2019
                     No I think it is the fundamental issue
Dec 26th 2019
                          what we call ourselves vs. how we define ourselves....
Dec 26th 2019
                               RE: what we call ourselves vs. how we define ourselves....
Dec 26th 2019
                               If only it were that multidimensional
Dec 27th 2019
                                    I subscribe to the capital B name. It works for me.
Dec 27th 2019
                                         Lol how is it working for the majority of our folks
Dec 27th 2019
                                              Decent. according to census data the majority of us are
Dec 28th 2019
                                                   Lol census data
Dec 29th 2019
when Africans had black children in America?
Dec 26th 2019
I like this answer
Dec 26th 2019
You are catching on to a root now sir
Dec 26th 2019
Did they call their children Black?
Dec 26th 2019
for the sake of clarity...
Dec 26th 2019
Nah now you have convoluted a clear question
Dec 26th 2019
      RE: Nah now you have convoluted a clear question
Dec 26th 2019
           I do think you have hit on something interesting though...
Dec 26th 2019
           Black american culture started when the 1st africans
Dec 28th 2019
           I read about Paul Cuffee and reference him heavily, glad you mentioned h...
Dec 28th 2019
                Black people included free, enslaved and newly immigrated
Dec 28th 2019
                     What was their culture
Dec 28th 2019
                          my response was to double0's comment about the age of black culture
Dec 28th 2019
                               Understood
Dec 29th 2019
                                    i think if you reflect on the positive
Dec 30th 2019
                                    I couldn't tell you what Black American culture is
Dec 30th 2019
                                    1664 maryland state law forcing slavery on "negroes"
Dec 30th 2019
                                         RE: 1664 maryland state law forcing slavery on "negroes"
Dec 30th 2019
                                         Indeed but what did the people consider themselves
Dec 31st 2019
           First enslaved Africans got here in 1619, why 1776?
Jan 01st 2020
                Actually it was in the 1520s with the spanish Alyon
Jan 01st 2020
                RE: First enslaved Africans got here in 1619, why 1776?
Jan 01st 2020
           Yes it is hard to answer
Dec 27th 2019
                RE: Yes it is hard to answer
Dec 27th 2019
                     You clearly are trolling or just want attention
Dec 28th 2019
that specific answer doesn't exist
Dec 26th 2019
You see what I am getting at
Dec 26th 2019
      "Black" and "nxgga/nxgger"
Dec 30th 2019
           I see it similar folks don't want to deal with it
Dec 30th 2019
In the 60's black became cool with colored people then in the 80's AA
Dec 26th 2019
Indeed
Dec 26th 2019
'Stolen' Africans, huh'
Dec 26th 2019
ADOS is a fraud because it's founders are anti African
Dec 26th 2019
      fact that she tried to diss Dr. Claud says all that needs to be said
Dec 27th 2019
      Sir a few months ago see said Malcolm X and Clarence Thomas
Dec 27th 2019
           https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0MbKtcnP_c
Dec 27th 2019
                I don't pay attention to the ADOS bs or FBA
Dec 28th 2019
      That old man ain't nobody and don't know anything...
Dec 28th 2019
           Lol
Dec 28th 2019
RE: Claude Anderson on Breakfast Club - When did Africans become Black A...
Dec 27th 2019
This was written a few hundred years prior.
Dec 27th 2019
They can't because they're African immigrants..
Dec 27th 2019
Who is talking about African immigrants?
Dec 27th 2019

Mafamaticks
Member since Jan 12th 2004
4667 posts
Wed Dec-25-19 11:11 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "If there’s an exact date I’d love to know. "
In response to Reply # 0

Maybe it was the first day we landed in America.

Maybe it was the day we realized the United Nations wouldn’t treat our civil rights issues as they did other African countries.

Whatever day it was, it was the day we most of realized we were all we got. We don’t know our history and there’s no way to get it back. So we just had to start from scratch.

Musa
15789 posts
Wed Dec-25-19 11:23 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "RE: If there’s an exact date I’d love to know. "
In response to Reply # 1

>Maybe it was the first day we landed in America.

You have Africantown in Alabama.

You have Congo square in New Orleans and in Philadelphia.

The biggest prison in Louisiana was nicknamed after the people that worked on it when it was a plantation called Angola.

We have the Gullah Geechie who were primarly rice farmers and from the Sene-gambia, Liberia, Serria Leone, etc area and can trace back directly though language and culture to these areas.

>Maybe it was the day we realized the United Nations wouldn’t
>treat our civil rights issues as they did other African
>countries.

The UN is an USA puppet and why would they treat our civil rights issues as a separate nation when our people chose to integrate with their former colonizers?

>Whatever day it was, it was the day we most of realized we
>were all we got. We don’t know our history and there’s no
>way to get it back. So we just had to start from scratch.

Do we really see ourselves as a tribe? Some of us know our history and others are actively looking to retrace those steps. Are we really starting from scratch or the mutated scraps given to us by our former colonizers?

<----

Soundcloud.com/aquil84

(HIP HOP)

allStah
Member since Jun 21st 2014
9816 posts
Thu Dec-26-19 12:56 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "RE: Claude Anderson on Breakfast Club - When did Africans become Black A..."
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Dec-26-19 01:04 AM by allStah

It was a transition that took place over many centuries, as we went through slavery, the abolishment of slavery, the civil rights movement, and to where we are now.
It went from nigger to colored ,to negro , to I’m black and I’m proud, to African American

The description “colored” was the first so called positive title for black people. At the time , it reflected someone who was non-white, but it soon graduated to a reference specifically for black individuals. Even to this day, there are black people who perceive it as a term that is not derogatory. That is is why the NAACP refuses to remove it as part of its name.

After that, the title negro came about. The educated negro, negro American, negro league baseball, etc.

In the late 60s, black people no longer wanted to be titled Negro American . They wanted to be perceived as Black Americans. The black panther party had developed, and it was all about having soul and being black and proud.

However, in the 1980s, there was a conference held for the sole purpose to introduce that black people preferred the term African American, and no longer wanted to be identified as Black Americans. This was organized by a group of black leaders led by Jesse Jackson.

Basically, a new generation comes along and wants to be identified in a certain way. Being a straight descendent from Africa is slowly dying, especially as people use ancestry/dna companies to research their pedigree.

I also want to point out, In the early 1900s is when America started to focus on hyphenated identities. It was actually a term of degradation, because immigrants during that time were seen as half Americans. The Irish and Italians who migrated over here during the civil war and during world war 1 were not seen as natives, and were treated just as badly as black people were treated, especially Italians.

Musa
15789 posts
Thu Dec-26-19 01:25 AM

4. "Good points rebuttal"
In response to Reply # 3
Thu Dec-26-19 01:28 AM by Musa

>It was a transition that took place over many centuries, as
>we went through slavery, the abolishment of slavery, the civil
>rights movement, and to where we are now.
>It went from nigger to colored ,to negro , to I’m black and
>I’m proud, to African American

Ok so the first stage of that transition what was that moment? Was it enslavement? If so how does one explain the Maroon societies, Gullah, Free African towns in Spanish territory?

If it was abolishment of slavery how does one explain Blyden, Hubert Harrison, Paul Cuffe who inspired the DuBois, Garvey, Douglass, Booker T Washingtons etc? Who decided originally on these titles prior to African American? Why was Richard Allen calling his church the African Methodist Episcopal Church?

>The description “colored” was the first so called positive
>title for black people. At the time , it reflected someone who
>was non-white, but it soon graduated to a reference
>specifically for black individuals. Even to this day, there
>are black people who perceive it as a term that is not
>derogatory. That is is why the NAACP refuses to remove it as
>part of its name.

Who decided to start calling stolen Africans the original and most fundamental form of CAPITAL colored? Was it the stolen Africans? When they werent calling our people 3/5ths, or calling then animals, or calling them property, boy and girl who decided to call them colored?

>After that, the title negro came about. The educated negro,
>negro American, negro league baseball, etc.

The same question as before?

>
>In the late 60s, black people no longer wanted to be titled
>Negro American . They wanted to be perceived as Black
>Americans. The black panther party had developed, and it was
>all about having soul and being black and proud.

True but again who decided to call Stolen Africans Black FIRST? It was a time when being called Black was fighting words. Where did that sense of Black pride come from? What was Black synonymous with?

>
>However, in the 1980s, there was a conference held for the
>sole purpose to introduce that black people preferred the term
>African American, and no longer wanted to be identified as
>Black Americans. This was organized by a group of black
>leaders led by Jesse Jackson.
>
>Basically, a new generation comes along and wants to be
>identified in a certain way. Being a straight descendent from
>Africa is slowly dying, especially as people use ancestry/dna
>companies to research their pedigree.

Most Stolen Africans in the USA are not straight descendants from Africa if you are talking percentage of African ancestry due to the enslavement process however a MAJORITY are 70 to 75% of African ancestry. I'm 3 generations removed from enslavement and 4.5 Generations removed from my closest ancestor that was stolen from Africa

>I also want to point out, In the early 1900s is when America
>started to focus on hyphenated identities. It was actually a
>term of degradation, because immigrants during that time were
>seen as half Americans. The Irish and Italians who migrated
>over here during the civil war and during world war 1 were not
>seen as natives, and were treated just as badly as black
>people were treated, especially Italians.

European immigrants were shipped here to take the positions and skills STOLEN AFRICANS had but were blocked from participating in. They went through a hazing process to become white like all the other white and eurasian people. The Irish and Italians became police, firefighters, and the crime families became legitimatized via entertainment, gambling, and sports industries. Italians weren't lynched and castrated by the thousands, Irish didn't have their communities targeted by jealous white mobs to be destroyed and by the US government to have highways ran through them.

<----

Soundcloud.com/aquil84

(HIP HOP)

allStah
9816 posts
Thu Dec-26-19 02:58 PM

18. "RE: Good points rebuttal"
In response to Reply # 4
Thu Dec-26-19 03:17 PM by allStah

Actually, Italians were lynched. 11 italians were lynched at once. It is considered the biggest single mass lynching in american history. It took place in New Orleans.

During the late 1800s, New Orleans had more italian immigrants than any other Southern state, and during that time Italians were receiving more abuse than black natives in the state..... From the very beginning, Louisiana was pretty much a free state for a lot of black people compared to the other British enslaved states. The French and Spanish colonists married black women and even took care of their mixed children, so africans and native americans were not perceived in a bad light. There was never this huge negative perception of black people as it was for italians during that time.

I imagine the reason why Italians hate black people so much is because, (1) What the Moors did in Italy, and (2) because at one point they were categorized as a lower class than africans in america.

As far as how different identities and descriptions were created for black individuals, I just think it naturally happened, and people just agreed with it from there. Similar to how a slang term comes about and it just becomes ingrained everyone's psyche.

Take the word GAY. In the early part of the 20th century it was a syntax to describe someone being happy or elated. It was used just as often as the word HAPPY. Go look at some of those classic black and white movies from that era,and you will hear quite a few actors saying the word gay(Even MF DOOM sampled it). But, over time, the word GAY transitioned into being a derogatory term towards a homosexual male.

allStah
9816 posts
Thu Dec-26-19 03:32 PM

21. "correction"
In response to Reply # 18

Not a derogatory term towards a homosexual male, but a term used to describe a homosexual male.

Musa
15789 posts
Fri Dec-27-19 08:08 AM

30. "Lol 11 people lynched at once"
In response to Reply # 18

I guess you never heard of the Lousiana rebellion by Stolen Africans where DOZENS were lynched for rebelling against their colonziers.

There is no comparison and the fact you call A FRENCH COLONY a free state for AFRICANS SHOWS YOUR HIGH LEVEL OF IGNORANCE ON THIS TOPIC.

If you are talking about creoles the people French raped and stole to create a buffer classed of mixed Africans to be over Africans and underneath them I guess you can call that free. Yea all the first millionaire African women in the USA were were the concubines and beat wenches of filthy white men.. I guess that is freedom.

Lol Louisiana was considered the deep south and one of the worse states for slavery and it currently has one of the highest prison rates.

I don't care what Italians think that has nothing to do with this post and as far as I'm concerned the Vatican is one of the primary reasons for the trans atlantic slave trade so fugg em all.

<----

Soundcloud.com/aquil84

(HIP HOP)

allStah
9816 posts
Fri Dec-27-19 09:43 AM

33. "This is not a comparison."
In response to Reply # 30
Fri Dec-27-19 09:46 AM by allStah

You stated in your post that Italians were not lynched. And I was just letting you know that your statement was incorrect. They were lynched and abused, especially in Louisiana. I never stated their hardship was greater than our hardship of slavery or the abuse and brutality that we experienced close to half a millennium. However, during that period Italians were classified and perceived to not be trusted, and the natives did not want them in the country. Those are facts.

Yes. Louisiana had slavery, and there isn’t anything positive about being a slave, and brutal things did happen. However, slaves had rights under French and Spanish rulership. Both countries went by a Code of Noir. That wasn’t the case under British rulership. Louisiana had a very different pattern of slavery compared to the rest of the United States. There were free people of color of African descent who lived outside of slavery in Louisiana. I’m not trying to romanticize that period or anything of that nature.

Also, no matter if your agree or disagree, keep a lid on the name calling.

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44614 posts
Thu Dec-26-19 06:05 AM

5. "August 07, 1968 2:17pm"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Dec-26-19 06:08 AM by FLUIDJ

Some people say we got a lot of malice, some say it's a lotta nerve
But I say we won't quit movin' until we get what we deserve
We've been buked and we've been scourned
We've been treated bad, talked about as sure as you're born
But just as sure as it take two eyes to make a pair, huh!
Brother we can't quit until we get our share
Say it loud, I'm black and I'm proud
Say it loud, I'm black and I'm proud
One more time, say it loud, I'm black and I'm proud, huh!

Musa
15789 posts
Thu Dec-26-19 07:52 AM

6. "So a James Brown song"
In response to Reply # 5

made Stolen Africans Black Americans?

<----

Soundcloud.com/aquil84

(HIP HOP)

FLUIDJ
44614 posts
Thu Dec-26-19 08:31 AM

7. "We've always been what we are. Names changes...but aren't we more"
In response to Reply # 6

than just a name?
I would image that yes...that song..in the collective minds of Black folks in the US...for we are only talking about us...Black folks in the US right?....
That was likely the pivotal moment when the term Black was embraced...collectively....
This is going to be a great topic to discuss with my parents though...they should be able to provide a better perspective for me as this was their time.

Musa
15789 posts
Thu Dec-26-19 09:32 AM

8. "What have we always been?"
In response to Reply # 7

When we defined ourselves we were Pula, Wolof, Temne, Vai, Kaba, Igbo, Ewe, Akan, Ndongo, Kongo, Bamoun, Hausa etc etc etc

These are people commonly known as African

When did that become Black?

There were people after that song that didn't subscribe to Black and where did Mr Brown get Black pride from? Was Black power synonymous with African and not capital B black as some folks like to claim?

<----

Soundcloud.com/aquil84

(HIP HOP)

FLUIDJ
44614 posts
Thu Dec-26-19 11:43 AM

10. "so; you see how silly this whole exercise is then, right?"
In response to Reply # 8

>When we defined ourselves we were Pula, Wolof, Temne, Vai,
>Kaba, Igbo, Ewe, Akan, Ndongo, Kongo, Bamoun, Hausa etc etc
>etc
>
>These are people commonly known as African
>
>When did that become Black?
>
>There were people after that song that didn't subscribe to
>Black and where did Mr Brown get Black pride from? Was Black
>power synonymous with African and not capital B black as some
>folks like to claim?

Musa
15789 posts
Thu Dec-26-19 12:58 PM

14. "No I think it is the fundamental issue"
In response to Reply # 10

of our people.

The concept of self definition, knowing who you are and not accepting titles that don't define you.

<----

Soundcloud.com/aquil84

(HIP HOP)

FLUIDJ
44614 posts
Thu Dec-26-19 03:50 PM

22. " what we call ourselves vs. how we define ourselves...."
In response to Reply # 14
Thu Dec-26-19 03:51 PM by FLUIDJ

Are they one and the same??
I think not.
I’m all for defining ourselves.... but I’ve lost interest and a sense of necessity in the fruitless task of coming up with a name that’s fitting for the masses to have a way to keep us in a box for simplicity’s sake.

allStah
9816 posts
Thu Dec-26-19 04:18 PM

23. "RE: what we call ourselves vs. how we define ourselves...."
In response to Reply # 22

Pretty Much. It's just a name and title.

I'm simply human being who lives on earth - That is something that we CAN ALL AGREE TO.

You're just another organism in earth's ecosystem.

Musa
15789 posts
Fri Dec-27-19 08:02 AM

29. "If only it were that multidimensional"
In response to Reply # 22

but it isn't.

I remember seeing on this board years ago people say I'm Black with a capital B meaning not anything other than Black American.

I see a Stockholm syndrome with Stolen Africans being as though we have never been American yet told we were and desired to be when all the actions show contrary.

Then you have the deliberate attempt to separate us from our African cultures because it caused the people to be rebellious and destroy their colonizers.

This is the issue in a nut shell.

<----

Soundcloud.com/aquil84

(HIP HOP)

FLUIDJ
44614 posts
Fri Dec-27-19 08:19 AM

32. "I subscribe to the capital B name. It works for me."
In response to Reply # 29

Lowercase b provides a means to check a box in American society (census etc.)....but capital B has sufficient weight behind it that allows for a concise & necessary differentiation.

>but it isn't.
In 2020 I think it very much is...at least based on what I think you're saying here....

>I remember seeing on this board years ago people say I'm Black
>with a capital B meaning not anything other than Black
>American.
>
>I see a Stockholm syndrome with Stolen Africans being as
>though we have never been American yet told we were and
>desired to be when all the actions show contrary.

I'm very much a staunch supporter of Black people holding on to and embracing being American... We give up enough of ourselves in this country....there is absolutely NO reason to give up something that we helped create.

>Then you have the deliberate attempt to separate us from our
>African cultures because it caused the people to be rebellious
>and destroy their colonizers.

could you expound on this?

>This is the issue in a nut shell.

Musa
15789 posts
Fri Dec-27-19 06:09 PM

39. "Lol how is it working for the majority of our folks"
In response to Reply # 32
Fri Dec-27-19 06:14 PM by Musa

?

I'm very much a staunch supporter of Black people holding on to and embracing being American... We give up enough of ourselves in this country....there is absolutely NO reason to give up something that we helped create.

How are they American when they are frozen out of being American and undermined at every level from actually being productive and healthy? Why don't you get or see this?

To be African was demonized by Eurasians because the people that retained their Africanisms were more rebellious and hard to control because they KNEW WHO THEY WERE.

Here is a clip of a scholar giving

https://youtu.be/rrUzU5qDZJ0?t=227
at the 3:44 mark it begins.

Check out his book journey of the Songhai people

<----

Soundcloud.com/aquil84

(HIP HOP)

FLUIDJ
44614 posts
Sat Dec-28-19 06:26 PM

52. "Decent. according to census data the majority of us are"
In response to Reply # 39

Well above the poverty level.
Yes, we have the 2nd highest poverty rate, but you specifically said the majority of us.
Disowning ourselves will definitely not improve things.

Musa
15789 posts
Sun Dec-29-19 07:56 PM

54. "Lol census data"
In response to Reply # 52

Black folks don't do the census. How do I know I've traced ancestry via census records and found only a handful of names.

I HAVE NEVER COMPLETED A CENSUS and I am close to 40. STAPH SIR

>Well above the poverty level.
>Yes, we have the 2nd highest poverty rate, but you
>specifically said the majority of us.
>Disowning ourselves will definitely not improve things.

Disowning your ancestry will definitely not improve things which is why I ask the question when did Stolen Africans become Black Americans?

Also who were the biggest victims of the recession and the subprime mortgage scams?

Who lost their homes at a higher rate than anyone else in the USA?

Who are the biggest victims of gentrification....

Who are the largest percentage of homeless people in california?

Don't get me started on the prison/jail/ state supervision percentages.

<----

Soundcloud.com/aquil84

(HIP HOP)

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Thu Dec-26-19 11:38 AM

9. "when Africans had black children in America?"
In response to Reply # 0

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79560 posts
Thu Dec-26-19 12:22 PM

11. "I like this answer"
In response to Reply # 9

especially since a lot of them were snatched away at birth and had no memory or connection to their homeland.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Musa
15789 posts
Thu Dec-26-19 12:56 PM

13. "You are catching on to a root now sir"
In response to Reply # 11

Why were many snatched away at birth?

What were the colonizers attempting to do with stealing the children of these Stolen Africans?

Why did the U.S. openly(though they still imported Stolen Africans) ban the importing of Africans in 1808?

<----

Soundcloud.com/aquil84

(HIP HOP)

Musa
15789 posts
Thu Dec-26-19 12:54 PM

12. "Did they call their children Black?"
In response to Reply # 9

Did they even name their children?

What about the names that came from the memories of their original culture?

Who called them Black?

Weren't they called coloreds, negros, n!ggers etc?

<----

Soundcloud.com/aquil84

(HIP HOP)

double 0
Member since Nov 17th 2004
7007 posts
Thu Dec-26-19 02:07 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
15. "for the sake of clarity..."
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Dec-26-19 02:09 PM by double 0

You are asking for a date when a cultural identity solidified?

If so that question doesn’t have a definitive answer because Of how culture works...

Evolutionary biologists are trying to answer the question but you wont find an answer in this thread.

There WAS a point though when a coherent cultural identity formed based on the ethnicity and circumstances of being black in america.

Double 0
DJ/Producer/Artist
Producer in Kidz In The Hall
-------------------------------------------
twitter: @godouble0
IG: @godouble0
www.thinklikearapper.com

Musa
15789 posts
Thu Dec-26-19 02:32 PM

16. "Nah now you have convoluted a clear question"
In response to Reply # 15

because I would then ask you what is Black culture?

No one has been able to answer that question either.

<----

Soundcloud.com/aquil84

(HIP HOP)

double 0
7007 posts
Thu Dec-26-19 02:55 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
17. "RE: Nah now you have convoluted a clear question"
In response to Reply # 16

You are asking for the currently unanswerable in most academic circles who study this about almost ANY culture though...

But let’s play... cuz we got time..

Culture = the customs, arts, social institutions, and achievements of a particular nation, people, or other social group.

So “if” we can agree that “Black” as we will define it pertains strictly to members of the African diaspora that have spent generations in the americas...

Then Black Culture is the culture that has originated and coalesced from this ethnicity IN the US.. the black church and other shared religious traditions .. all music from negro spirituals to hip hop (I would argue Hip Hop is a product of the larger diaspora but for sake of convo).. shared food practices... language nuances and social customs.

So when these practices began to form and become widespread then that would be an indication the culture was forming. But since cultures dont form in a bubble outside influences would also have a say (slavery, jim crow, segregation) in how the culture we are talking about coalesces..

Culture doesn't take THAT long to solidify... in just our lifetime we have watched hip hop spring from NY with basic cultural tenants and take over the world spreading them.

SPAM wasnt even invented 100 years ago yet SPAM is deeply connected now to Hawaiian cultural practices.

Double 0
DJ/Producer/Artist
www.thinklikearapper.com

double 0
7007 posts
Thu Dec-26-19 03:14 PM

20. "I do think you have hit on something interesting though..."
In response to Reply # 17

In that what we see as black culture may be a lot younger than what we’d assume..

It is inherently tied to America as a unified idea which means there couldn’t be a unifying culture before 1776.

I mean someone like Anthony Johnson (1600s) who was brought here from Angola and earned his freedom bought property had kids wouldn’t be that culturally different than other Virginians who had done the same.

So it would have begun to coalesce much later in the story and could be argued that it really doesn’t coalesce till post 1865...

I mean you said it yourself there were places that were much more culturally aligned with their African tribal roots for generations... but that doesnt mean that black culture as we know it wasn’t forming around those places even if it wasn’t forming IN them..

Both countries the that my family is from (belize, suriname) have two very different stories and cultures with black people in the americas... they both have a separate black population that has culturally evolved side by side with the more mainstream one but have maintained the traditions of generations

Double 0
DJ/Producer/Artist
www.thinklikearapper.com

naame
Charter member
21017 posts
Sat Dec-28-19 08:15 AM

43. "Black american culture started when the 1st africans "
In response to Reply # 20

Came here. Please read about people like Paul Cuffee and the communities that existed prior to independence.

America has imported more warlord theocracy from Afghanistan than it has exported democracy.

Musa
15789 posts
Sat Dec-28-19 08:58 AM

44. "I read about Paul Cuffee and reference him heavily, glad you mentioned h..."
In response to Reply # 43

Look at his name it's an adaption of Kofi an AFRICAN (Akan) name.

This happened with some frequency even in my own family if not the surname the first name was used from the memory of their original African culture and adapted with the English language.

Yet and still many carry the named of their colonizers by force and now willingly... is that Black culture?

He was FREE AND IN THE NORTH where a majority of enslaved Africans were not located.

So you are telling me the Free population of formerly enslaved Africans started Black culture?

What does that say about the Gullah or the dismal swap free Africans who were referred to as Maroons?

<----

Soundcloud.com/aquil84

(HIP HOP)

naame
Charter member
21017 posts
Sat Dec-28-19 11:44 AM

47. "Black people included free, enslaved and newly immigrated"
In response to Reply # 44

Their cultures were local and regional but always under a threat of white supremacy. They were enslaved under laws that were based on the color of their skin, their african features or ancestry, and how closely they resembled the stereotypical white man. 0

America has imported more warlord theocracy from Afghanistan than it has exported democracy.

Musa
15789 posts
Sat Dec-28-19 12:23 PM

48. "What was their culture"
In response to Reply # 47

?

What was Black culture?

Paul Cuffee changed his last name from a colonizers name to Cuffee to identify who he was is that Black culture?

Paul Cuffee wanted stolen Africans to return back to Africa where today you have negros saying they are Black with a capital B and not African is that or the later Black culture?

<----

Soundcloud.com/aquil84

(HIP HOP)

naame
Charter member
21017 posts
Sat Dec-28-19 02:13 PM

49. "my response was to double0's comment about the age of black culture"
In response to Reply # 48

it's as old as the people who first came here and had to navigate being away from their native land/culture and immersing themselves in a new land, new rules, new societies, and new work. Their religion, language, familial relationships, and communal bonds developed around that navigation.

You seem to be under the impression that cuffee's relationship with white america was somehow wholly worse than the african culture that was also ravaged by the slave trade. All three continents where the European aristocracy spread its tentacles were affected by the economic terror of mercantile capitalism and colonization. The cultures of those people all changed. Europeans gained wealth beyond their imagination and made their culture into one that venerates violent genocidal mercenaries. West Africa wasn't some utopian place with mansa musa's streets of gold and plates full of food. Villages would alter their children's bodies so they could be identified if they were stolen. West Africans also created new rules, forged new alliances, and created new cultures.

what aspect of cuffee's community is in question?their relationship to africa, which he clearly identified in his name and familial relationship? the god that they prayed to? the language they spoke? the industry that they engaged in? the schools they built?

Musa
15789 posts
Sun Dec-29-19 07:52 PM

53. "Understood"
In response to Reply # 49

>it's as old as the people who first came here and had to
>navigate being away from their native land/culture and
>immersing themselves in a new land, new rules, new societies,
>and new work. Their religion, language, familial
>relationships, and communal bonds developed around that
>navigation.

So my question is this how much of a culture can a people have in a hostile and state of captivity where their original or indigenous culture is under attack and supplanted by one of their colonizers?

>
>You seem to be under the impression that cuffee's relationship
>with white america was somehow wholly worse than the african
>culture that was also ravaged by the slave trade. All three
>continents where the European aristocracy spread its tentacles
>were affected by the economic terror of mercantile capitalism
>and colonization. The cultures of those people all changed.
>Europeans gained wealth beyond their imagination and made
>their culture into one that venerates violent genocidal
>mercenaries. West Africa wasn't some utopian place with mansa
>musa's streets of gold and plates full of food. Villages would
>alter their children's bodies so they could be identified if
>they were stolen. West Africans also created new rules, forged
>new alliances, and created new cultures.

These are assumptions. I think it is a clear deduction to make that Cuffee saw his prospects on the African continent much better than being here in the USA even as a Free African in the North. He also saw his African ancestry significant to changing his surname to honor and connect himself to his AFRICAN lineage with the name Kofi. Yes the cultures in Africa changed, some accommodated and tried to integrate European methods. I am aware of the Kameeni also know as the Kaba or SaRa who began to place plates in their lips and objects in their ears to disfigure themselves so they would not be stolen in the slave trade(among several other groups who used scarification for similar reasons). With that said many of the original cultures are still present even if they have merges and created new cultures, the untampered and original names are there, along with the myths, and spiritual systems.

>what aspect of cuffee's community is in question?their
>relationship to africa, which he clearly identified in his
>name and familial relationship? the god that they prayed to?
>the language they spoke? the industry that they engaged in?
>the schools they built?

My original question was when did the Stolen people from the continent known as Africa become Black Americans? Culture is vital to this question however that was not my question and in my estimates there is no Black culture. We have fragments of culture but in a hostile and colonized state having a "culture" is an oxymoron. Eurasians are hell bent on making sure stolen Africans don't have a culture.

>America has imported more warlord theocracy from Afghanistan
>than it has exported democracy.

<----

Soundcloud.com/aquil84

(HIP HOP)

naame
Charter member
21017 posts
Mon Dec-30-19 11:30 AM

55. "i think if you reflect on the positive"
In response to Reply # 53

you will begin to see more of the great things reflected in Black American culture. The positive aspects of it exist beyond any imposition of white capitalist patriarchy on our humanity.

Musa
15789 posts
Mon Dec-30-19 01:33 PM

57. "I couldn't tell you what Black American culture is"
In response to Reply # 55

Culture is more complex than just creating or even technological advances(which were stolen and turned into profits for the colonizers in most instances)

What is Black

What is Black culture?

<----

Soundcloud.com/aquil84

(HIP HOP)

naame
Charter member
21017 posts
Mon Dec-30-19 01:45 PM

59. "1664 maryland state law forcing slavery on "negroes""
In response to Reply # 53

This is white supremacy labeling African Americans as Black before 1776 http://web.utk.edu/~mfitzge1/docs/374/MDlaw.pdf

double 0
7007 posts
Mon Dec-30-19 02:56 PM

60. "RE: 1664 maryland state law forcing slavery on "negroes""
In response to Reply # 59

and it was already law in Massachusetts for at least 20 years prior

My question or observation rather to Musa regarding a Black American cultural flashpoint has more to do with observable cultural ties all coalescing into what we would Identify in the modern era as a Black Cultural identity...

I already stated above that I do not think a flashpoint for any culture is easily definable because there are so many cultural practices happening at different times amongst different groups and then eventually they merge and certain things become definable...

We know it when we see it.. but didn't know it before it was

Double 0
DJ/Producer/Artist
www.thinklikearapper.com

Musa
15789 posts
Tue Dec-31-19 11:27 AM

61. "Indeed but what did the people consider themselves"
In response to Reply # 59

?

They were they being called negros?

Why did some refer to themselves as African(especially the freed and isolated groups see AME Church, Prince Hall Lodge, Gullah Geechie)

<----

Soundcloud.com/aquil84

(HIP HOP)

spirit
Charter member
21432 posts
Wed Jan-01-20 02:03 PM

62. "First enslaved Africans got here in 1619, why 1776?"
In response to Reply # 20

That’s not even to mention all the enslaved Africans that were brought to the Caribbean before 1619. I don’t think your timeline is right, I’d leave it to folks who study history and culture for a living to decide this kind of stuff.

Peace,

Spirit (Alan)
http://wutangbook.com

Musa
15789 posts
Wed Jan-01-20 02:16 PM

63. "Actually it was in the 1520s with the spanish Alyon"
In response to Reply # 62
Wed Jan-01-20 02:19 PM by Musa

who failed to establish a colony off what is believed to be the coast of modern day Georgia/South Carolina

Also St Augustine in Florida which has several Moorish styled buildings the Spanish incorporated.

Secondly the Spanish also had Africans mooring their ships that landed in modern day Florida.

<----

Soundcloud.com/aquil84

(HIP HOP)

double 0
7007 posts
Wed Jan-01-20 02:35 PM

64. "RE: First enslaved Africans got here in 1619, why 1776?"
In response to Reply # 62

Please read my first response...

I prefaced any of my conversations in here by saying this is currently an unanswerable question.

Ask any evolutionary biologist or anthropologist currently trying to solve these cultural flashpoint issues...

So all we are doing in here in postulating and talking shit..

I said 1776 (again just intellectually iterating) because imo America as an idea needs to be solid before anything that is related to american culture really can solidify because nothing happens in a vacuum..

So the two are evolving in parallel.. opposed to and in concert with.

To use much shorter and modern day examples of cultural flashpointa

Slang in hip hop... often times the word exists in the english language already (“yo”). It gets co-opted regionally might appear in records but isn’t cultural lexicon yet.. then at some point a mainstreaming happens and it goes from a NY word to a “Hip Hop” word. Then eventually even passes that scale. THOT is a chicago word that is potentially made famous by Atlanta rappers.. but you cant define the point (yet) where it jumped and became part oft he Hip Hop Lexicon..

Thats the way culture works.. so when I use later dates its under the idea that even if certain parts of culture existed in some spaces.. it might not have been “black” culture yet until it crossed a threshold...

Double 0
DJ/Producer/Artist
www.thinklikearapper.com

Musa
15789 posts
Fri Dec-27-19 08:14 AM

31. "Yes it is hard to answer"
In response to Reply # 17

because Blackness is a eurasian invention of colonization and necessity to have a race based caste system where whites are on top.

When you say culture and only name a colonizer's religion aka christianity and music I know you don't know what culture is.

Culture is a way of life and Eurasians did everything they could to disrupt and destroy the way of life of stolen Africans hell look at the church and music of stolen africans now... it is shit.

What about family structure?

Eurasians have created a fake matriarchy amongst stolen Africans that was not our family structure and even after enslavement when it started to change guess what eurasians did....mass imprisonment, welfare laws, and other social devices to destabilize Stolen African MEN!

Almost no Africans that came here were originally christian via the slave trade but at least 30% were muslim why is islam not Black culture moreso?

What about customs and traditions?

What is the food culture of "Black" folks? Pig feet, pig guts, scrapple?

I can keep going...

<----

Soundcloud.com/aquil84

(HIP HOP)

allStah
9816 posts
Fri Dec-27-19 07:30 PM

42. "RE: Yes it is hard to answer"
In response to Reply # 31

Islam isn’t part of African culture either. African culture is pure tribalism and just being tribes of the land with no such religion.

Islam made its way to Africa by way of the Islamic conquest of North Africa during the 7th century. African tribes were forced to convert, and from there it spread through most of Africa. 48 percent of the African continent follow Islam.

I agree with you that the concept of color didn’t exist in Africa before Europeans, and that classification was used to create a ranking order of race.

But Africa, before the invasion of Europeans and Arabians , had no existence of religion.

Just like the North Sentinel tribe that exists today, and have been in existence for over 60,000 years, have no awareness of the rest of the world. They are still living as hunters and gathers and have survived all natural disasters. Their culture is simply their surroundings.

Musa
15789 posts
Sat Dec-28-19 09:10 AM

45. "You clearly are trolling or just want attention"
In response to Reply # 42

>Islam isn’t part of African culture either. African culture
>is pure tribalism and just being tribes of the land with no
>such religion.

LOL Tribalism is global EUROPE is having a resurgence of it now. Even with Islam the Arabian peninsula and the so called "middle east" which is north east Africa or South west Asia has excessive tribalism even within the religion causing 72 sects.

>Islam made its way to Africa by way of the Islamic conquest of
>North Africa during the 7th century. African tribes were
>forced to convert, and from there it spread through most of
>Africa. 48 percent of the African continent follow Islam.

Islam is an adaption of several prior systems, many of which have origins in Africa and don't even get me started on the Arabs(many of which are African). I know the history of how Islam was spread which is one of the reasons the slave trade began because of mass migrations where certain groups did not want to convert. HOWEVER fact is at least 30% of the Africans shipped to the USA alone were Muslim. Many of the earliest navigators who helped the Portuguese and Spanish come to the West and the USA were Muslim. The Wolof, Puular, Mende, Hausa were Tukulor, etc were muslim dating back 5 to 6 centuries prior.

>But Africa, before the invasion of Europeans and Arabians ,
>had no existence of religion.

LOL DUDE WHERE DO YOU THINK THESE RELIGIONS BIT THEIR STYLE FROM?
>
>Just like the North Sentinel tribe that exists today, and have
>been in existence for over 60,000 years, have no awareness of
>the rest of the world. They are still living as hunters and
>gathers and have survived all natural disasters. Their culture
>is simply their surroundings.

Ok now it's clear you are talking like a Yurugu. I'm good on this discussion. Go research and come back when you know better.

<----

Soundcloud.com/aquil84

(HIP HOP)

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Thu Dec-26-19 03:03 PM

19. "that specific answer doesn't exist"
In response to Reply # 0

>So I want to know when did the STOLEN AFRICANS become Black
>Americans? No vague answer please I need specific
>dates/year/time period etc

Let's say you and a friend are sentenced to prison for the same, crime and get the same sentence: at what specific point in time do either of you become 'institutionalized'? Your first shower fight? Getting taxed for your cornbread? Is it just the routine that does it?

I don't know that your question has an answer. Even if you asked 'the oppressor', do you think he could answer?

IG: amadu_me

"...Whateva, man..." (c) Redman

Musa
15789 posts
Thu Dec-26-19 04:46 PM

24. "You see what I am getting at"
In response to Reply # 19

Sadly most wouldn't consider the title of Black as associated with their colonizers.

<----

Soundcloud.com/aquil84

(HIP HOP)

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Mon Dec-30-19 12:26 PM

56. ""Black" and "nxgga/nxgger""
In response to Reply # 24

to ME, are really the results of branding, courtesy of America, Inc. (which is also a 'brand')

But that's a pill a lot of us aren't tryna take, furthermore we LIVE it out - we buy, we sell, we trade with our dollars. We vote on it.

"Black" is something that has been created and perpetuated...I don't know when exactly. Whenever the powers that be decided to try and 'discover' a new world in which to establish this new order we live in.

If I imagine a continent where all the people were the same shade, and I'm running a fruit stand, and some kids stole a cassava or something, would I say "hey those BLACK kids ran off with my shit?" Everyone would be the same skin tone, so who would I be referring to?

IG: amadu_me

"...Whateva, man..." (c) Redman

Musa
15789 posts
Mon Dec-30-19 01:34 PM

58. "I see it similar folks don't want to deal with it"
In response to Reply # 56

<----

Soundcloud.com/aquil84

(HIP HOP)

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Thu Dec-26-19 07:58 PM

25. "In the 60's black became cool with colored people then in the 80's AA"
In response to Reply # 0

When African American became the official PC term which I think overlaps with about when Jimmy the Greek made his famous true comments -- from around then black American became interchangeable with African American is my recollection

Personally I disagree with all of them as they are all ways of saying "other than"

Everything looks like Oprah kissing Harvey Weinstein these days

Musa
15789 posts
Thu Dec-26-19 10:10 PM

28. "Indeed"
In response to Reply # 25

and I agree.

<----

Soundcloud.com/aquil84

(HIP HOP)

Geez 216
Member since Jul 02nd 2003
1102 posts
Thu Dec-26-19 08:26 PM

26. "'Stolen' Africans, huh'"
In response to Reply # 0

ADOS is very real and ain't just a hashish online btw

But tell us more about the "stolen" Africans...

Musa
15789 posts
Thu Dec-26-19 09:44 PM

27. "ADOS is a fraud because it's founders are anti African"
In response to Reply # 26

agents Yvette and Tone are frauds.

Their fraud movement is imploding as we speak.

They got Dr Claude Anderson side eyeing them.

Stolen Africans yes.

<----

Soundcloud.com/aquil84

(HIP HOP)

wiseguy
Member since Apr 21st 2007
452 posts
Fri Dec-27-19 12:04 PM

34. "fact that she tried to diss Dr. Claud says all that needs to be said"
In response to Reply # 27

ADOS leadership straight up agents.

Musa
15789 posts
Fri Dec-27-19 12:15 PM

35. "Sir a few months ago see said Malcolm X and Clarence Thomas"
In response to Reply # 34

were black nationalist and that made them conservative.

This broad is a complete fraud.

<----

Soundcloud.com/aquil84

(HIP HOP)

wiseguy
Member since Apr 21st 2007
452 posts
Fri Dec-27-19 05:26 PM

38. "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0MbKtcnP_c"
In response to Reply # 35

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0MbKtcnP_c

Musa
15789 posts
Sat Dec-28-19 09:11 AM

46. "I don't pay attention to the ADOS bs or FBA"
In response to Reply # 38

they are all frauds.

<----

Soundcloud.com/aquil84

(HIP HOP)

Geez 216
Member since Jul 02nd 2003
1102 posts
Sat Dec-28-19 03:19 PM

50. "That old man ain't nobody and don't know anything..."
In response to Reply # 27

Love how y'all pick a choose who to prop up, but will curse Dr.King in a heart beat.

And Africans weren't stolen, they were sold by other Africans. You know that but got the nerve to call someone else a agent

Musa
15789 posts
Sat Dec-28-19 04:14 PM

51. "Lol"
In response to Reply # 50

>Love how y'all pick a choose who to prop up, but will curse
>Dr.King in a heart beat.

You know what they say about assumptions.

>And Africans weren't stolen, they were sold by other Africans.
>You know that but got the nerve to call someone else a agent

Oh so who sold them? What if your paternal side sold your maternal side and or vice versa? Wouldn't that be ironic? Sadly that is probably the case because you had several groups fighting, stealing and selling each other. So yess they were stolen. When you steal something you try to hide it by wiping way evidence in this case identity.

That's all the attention you get good day sir.

<----

Soundcloud.com/aquil84

(HIP HOP)

kaori_dalessio
Member since Aug 14th 2002
1252 posts
Fri Dec-27-19 02:30 PM

36. "RE: Claude Anderson on Breakfast Club - When did Africans become Black A..."
In response to Reply # 0

15 However, if you do not obey the Lord your God and do not carefully follow all his commands and decrees I am giving you today, all these curses will come on you and overtake you:

16 You will be cursed in the city and cursed in the country.

17 Your basket and your kneading trough will be cursed.

18 The fruit of your womb will be cursed, and the crops of your land, and the calves of your herds and the lambs of your flocks.

19 You will be cursed when you come in and cursed when you go out.

20 The Lord will send on you curses, confusion and rebuke in everything you put your hand to, until you are destroyed and come to sudden ruin because of the evil you have done in forsaking him. 21 The Lord will plague you with diseases until he has destroyed you from the land you are entering to possess. 22 The Lord will strike you with wasting disease, with fever and inflammation, with scorching heat and drought, with blight and mildew, which will plague you until you perish. 23 The sky over your head will be bronze, the ground beneath you iron. 24 The Lord will turn the rain of your country into dust and powder; it will come down from the skies until you are destroyed.

25 The Lord will cause you to be defeated before your enemies. You will come at them from one direction but flee from them in seven, and you will become a thing of horror to all the kingdoms on earth. 26 Your carcasses will be food for all the birds and the wild animals, and there will be no one to frighten them away. 27 The Lord will afflict you with the boils of Egypt and with tumors, festering sores and the itch, from which you cannot be cured. 28 The Lord will afflict you with madness, blindness and confusion of mind. 29 At midday you will grope about like a blind person in the dark. You will be unsuccessful in everything you do; day after day you will be oppressed and robbed, with no one to rescue you.

30 You will be pledged to be married to a woman, but another will take her and rape her. You will build a house, but you will not live in it. You will plant a vineyard, but you will not even begin to enjoy its fruit. 31 Your ox will be slaughtered before your eyes, but you will eat none of it. Your donkey will be forcibly taken from you and will not be returned. Your sheep will be given to your enemies, and no one will rescue them. 32 Your sons and daughters will be given to another nation, and you will wear out your eyes watching for them day after day, powerless to lift a hand. 33 A people that you do not know will eat what your land and labor produce, and you will have nothing but cruel oppression all your days. 34 The sights you see will drive you mad. 35 The Lord will afflict your knees and legs with painful boils that cannot be cured, spreading from the soles of your feet to the top of your head.

36 The Lord will drive you and the king you set over you to a nation unknown to you or your ancestors. There you will worship other gods, gods of wood and stone. 37 You will become a thing of horror, a byword and an object of ridicule among all the peoples where the Lord will drive you.

38 You will sow much seed in the field but you will harvest little, because locusts will devour it. 39 You will plant vineyards and cultivate them but you will not drink the wine or gather the grapes, because worms will eat them. 40 You will have olive trees throughout your country but you will not use the oil, because the olives will drop off. 41 You will have sons and daughters but you will not keep them, because they will go into captivity. 42 Swarms of locusts will take over all your trees and the crops of your land.

43 The foreigners who reside among you will rise above you higher and higher, but you will sink lower and lower. 44 They will lend to you, but you will not lend to them. They will be the head, but you will be the tail.

45 All these curses will come on you. They will pursue you and overtake you until you are destroyed, because you did not obey the Lord your God and observe the commands and decrees he gave you. 46 They will be a sign and a wonder to you and your descendants forever. 47 Because you did not serve the Lord your God joyfully and gladly in the time of prosperity, 48 therefore in hunger and thirst, in nakedness and dire poverty, you will serve the enemies the Lord sends against you. He will put an iron yoke on your neck until he has destroyed you.

49 The Lord will bring a nation against you from far away, from the ends of the earth, like an eagle swooping down, a nation whose language you will not understand, 50 a fierce-looking nation without respect for the old or pity for the young. 51 They will devour the young of your livestock and the crops of your land until you are destroyed. They will leave you no grain, new wine or olive oil, nor any calves of your herds or lambs of your flocks until you are ruined. 52 They will lay siege to all the cities throughout your land until the high fortified walls in which you trust fall down. They will besiege all the cities throughout the land the Lord your God is giving you.

53 Because of the suffering your enemy will inflict on you during the siege, you will eat the fruit of the womb, the flesh of the sons and daughters the Lord your God has given you. 54 Even the most gentle and sensitive man among you will have no compassion on his own brother or the wife he loves or his surviving children, 55 and he will not give to one of them any of the flesh of his children that he is eating. It will be all he has left because of the suffering your enemy will inflict on you during the siege of all your cities. 56 The most gentle and sensitive woman among you—so sensitive and gentle that she would not venture to touch the ground with the sole of her foot—will begrudge the husband she loves and her own son or daughter 57 the afterbirth from her womb and the children she bears. For in her dire need she intends to eat them secretly because of the suffering your enemy will inflict on you during the siege of your cities.

58 If you do not carefully follow all the words of this law, which are written in this book, and do not revere this glorious and awesome name—the Lord your God— 59 the Lord will send fearful plagues on you and your descendants, harsh and prolonged disasters, and severe and lingering illnesses. 60 He will bring on you all the diseases of Egypt that you dreaded, and they will cling to you. 61 The Lord will also bring on you every kind of sickness and disaster not recorded in this Book of the Law, until you are destroyed. 62 You who were as numerous as the stars in the sky will be left but few in number, because you did not obey the Lord your God. 63 Just as it pleased the Lord to make you prosper and increase in number, so it will please him to ruin and destroy you. You will be uprooted from the land you are entering to possess.

64 Then the Lord will scatter you among all nations, from one end of the earth to the other. There you will worship other gods—gods of wood and stone, which neither you nor your ancestors have known. 65 Among those nations you will find no repose, no resting place for the sole of your foot. There the Lord will give you an anxious mind, eyes weary with longing, and a despairing heart. 66 You will live in constant suspense, filled with dread both night and day, never sure of your life. 67 In the morning you will say, “If only it were evening!” and in the evening, “If only it were morning!”—because of the terror that will fill your hearts and the sights that your eyes will see. 68 The Lord will send you back in ships to Egypt on a journey I said you should never make again. There you will offer yourselves for sale to your enemies as male and female slaves, but no one will buy you.

Musa
15789 posts
Fri Dec-27-19 07:12 PM

41. "This was written a few hundred years prior."
In response to Reply # 36

None of the Stolen Africans were Christian

<----

Soundcloud.com/aquil84

(HIP HOP)

Kira
Member since Nov 14th 2004
28842 posts
Fri Dec-27-19 04:28 PM

37. " They can't because they're African immigrants.."
In response to Reply # 0

To answer your question: 1808. That's when no new slaves were permitted entrance into this country.

You're not native black Americans at all. You're African but you aren't native black Americans and our lineage is far removed from Africa. Prior to 65 black immigrant population accounted for less than a percent of black people in the USA. Post 65 all black immigrant populations increased. By 1980 it was 800,000. By 2016 it was 4.2 million. This is an attempt on your part to position yourselves to get reparations...

Your disagreement with Dr. Claud Anderson ignores two points: You didn't care about lineage until he brought it up and the clear difference between native black American culture and proud African tribalism.

It's become easier to differentiate Africans from native black Americans based on their tribalism, zaddy worship, and anti-black American perspectives.

Recent 2019 examples include anti-black African Gina Yashere and her show the heart of abishola, luuvie's Nigerian bred anti-black hatred, Cynthia Erivo's anti-black hatred and these tweets:
https://imgur.com/a/HccfnwQ

You took offense to one statement from Dr. Claud Anderson and made a post ignoring the rest of the video, hmm...

You're upset because any talk of benefits excludes your people. If Africans ever pursue reparations in their country we will fight with you not feign lineage to receive benefits.

Native black american and foundational black american ideals are leaderless lineage-based centered around native black american political self interest and empowerment. These are not organized movements. Nothing's falling apart despite your attempts to undermine and mischaracterize these ideals as xenophobic.

No empathy for white misery (c) BDot

"root for everybody black haters say that's crazy, wow..."

Musa
15789 posts
Fri Dec-27-19 06:28 PM

40. "Who is talking about African immigrants?"
In response to Reply # 37

>To answer your question: 1808. That's when no new slaves were
>permitted entrance into this country.

Lol you clearly don't know your history. The USA dominated the tail end of the Trans atlantic slave trade and eventhough the 1808 law was on the books Africans were being imported up until 1860 see the Zora Neal Huston book on her interview with Kossola in Africatown (Mobile) Alabama (That is also where Questlove has ancestry from as well)

>You're not native black Americans at all. You're African but
>you aren't native black Americans and our lineage is far
>removed from Africa. Prior to 65 black immigrant population
>accounted for less than a percent of black people in the USA.
>Post 65 all black immigrant populations increased. By 1980 it
>was 800,000. By 2016 it was 4.2 million. This is an attempt on
>your part to position yourselves to get reparations...

I'm not Black American I'm a stolen African in America I got ancestry and records that go back to the 1790s WTF are you talking about. Are you on some Yvette Carnell zombie talking points about immigrants?

>Your disagreement with Dr. Claud Anderson ignores two points:
>You didn't care about lineage until he brought it up and the
>clear difference between native black American culture and
>proud African tribalism.

What is native Black American culture? Tribalism is the reason we are here and I see all kinds of petty tribalism in the USA, from goofy gangs to neighborhoods to geographic regions it seems the tribalism has not escaped us.

>It's become easier to differentiate Africans from native black
>Americans based on their tribalism, zaddy worship, and
>anti-black American perspectives.

Coons and sellouts are all across the diaspora and on the continent. the Anti African of the diaspora sentiment is nothing more than jumping on the dying bandwagon of white supremacy myths(white inferiority project) that the media promotes 24/7, 365. Is it cool no but lets point out where it comes from.

>Recent 2019 examples include anti-black African Gina Yashere
>and her show the heart of abishola, luuvie's Nigerian bred
>anti-black hatred, Cynthia Erivo's anti-black hatred and these
>tweets:
>https://imgur.com/a/HccfnwQ

Lol these are examples of coons from the continent. Who has the power to greenlight a show about an interracial couple with a white husband and Nigerian wife........?

>
>You took offense to one statement from Dr. Claud Anderson and
>made a post ignoring the rest of the video, hmm...
>
I didn't take offense at all I said I disagreed and actually I think the bulk of the points he made led me to disagree with the endgame. What are you talking about. He laid out everything the USA has done to undermine STOLEN AFRICANS, how wealth has been calcified into white hands and our only solution is to stay here and fight for 13% of it?

>You're upset because any talk of benefits excludes your
>people. If Africans ever pursue reparations in their country
>we will fight with you not feign lineage to receive benefits.

Again you jumped to conclusions and you are totally wrong.

>Native black american and foundational black american ideals
>are leaderless lineage-based centered around native black
>american political self interest and empowerment. These are
>not organized movements. Nothing's falling apart despite your
>attempts to undermine and mischaracterize these ideals as
>xenophobic.
>

WHAT LINEAGE? You gonna ignore that average percentage of 70 to 75% AFRICAN ANCESTRY? What lineage are you talking about? Do you know what the USA did towards the tail end of the slave trade to "rebellious" Africans? research it and come talk to me then.

<----

Soundcloud.com/aquil84

(HIP HOP)

Lobby General Discussion topic #13360430 Previous topic | Next topic