Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13358597

Subject: "RIP Juice Wrld" Previous topic | Next topic
BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85066 posts
Mon Dec-09-19 12:23 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"RIP Juice Wrld"

https://www.tmz.com/2019/12/08/juice-wrld-dead-dies-seizure-chicago-midway-airport-hospital/

this is some bullshit

<--- Big Baller World Order

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
it's fucked up
Dec 08th 2019
-
Dec 09th 2019
RIP Juice
Dec 08th 2019
WOW! :(
Dec 08th 2019
Kids - stick to weed and alcohol
Dec 08th 2019
no idea who he is but damn that's young
Dec 08th 2019
^
Dec 09th 2019
sad as to be expected
Dec 09th 2019
talented kid. i wasnt super familiar with his catalog but the few songs
Dec 09th 2019
RIP to the young man
Dec 09th 2019
Man..that's sad. He has that song, "Lucid Dreams"..
Dec 09th 2019
the fatalism in rap lyrics is real heavy right now.
Dec 09th 2019
not looking good...
Dec 09th 2019
What did I just read?
Dec 10th 2019
      Tryna hide the stash
Dec 10th 2019
      yup
Dec 11th 2019
RIP.
Dec 09th 2019
Damn OD'd tryna conceal the pills
Dec 10th 2019
I don't buy this.
Dec 10th 2019
why is juice wrld traveling with two armed guards?
Dec 10th 2019
well...
Dec 11th 2019
Mighta thought they was jus gonna search his person idk
Dec 10th 2019
he was young. he panicked
Dec 11th 2019
Either he panicked or...........hate to say it but....
Dec 11th 2019
      I’m not up ok dude... why the weight?
Dec 11th 2019
           thats why I think its a set up....
Dec 11th 2019
                back on the day the crew made sure the money man stayed clean
Dec 11th 2019
                An article said the pilot called it in because his crew had guns.
Dec 11th 2019
wow.
Dec 11th 2019

bearfield
Member since Mar 10th 2005
8049 posts
Sun Dec-08-19 03:16 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "it's fucked up"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun Dec-08-19 03:21 PM by bearfield

i've never seen someone who could freestyle like him. he had this raw preternatural talent for being able to seamlessly stitch together bars and passages floating around in his mind. imo he had taken freestyling and improvising in hip hop to a new level and i was excited to see what he was going to come up with in a few years after he had honed his craft

i hope his money was right so his fam is ok at least

squeeg
Charter member
34484 posts
Mon Dec-09-19 04:58 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
16. "-"
In response to Reply # 1
Mon Dec-09-19 05:00 PM by squeeg

Errol Walton Barrow
Member since Jul 02nd 2002
6186 posts
Sun Dec-08-19 03:26 PM

2. "RIP Juice"
In response to Reply # 0

"This time, it was so unexpected.
Last time, it was the drugs he was lacing.
All legends fall in the making.
Sorry truth, dying young, demon youth.
What's the 27 Club?
We ain't making it past 21."

- Juice WRLD

-------
http://adevotedappraisal.tumblr.com - Essays, reviews, short stories and free writes on music, film and life around us.

Shaun Tha Don
Member since Nov 19th 2005
18289 posts
Sun Dec-08-19 05:44 PM

3. "WOW! :("
In response to Reply # 0

Rest in peace.

Rest In Peace, Bad News Brown

DJR
Member since Jan 01st 2005
18634 posts
Sun Dec-08-19 09:19 PM

5. "Kids - stick to weed and alcohol"
In response to Reply # 0

Mynoriti
Charter member
38817 posts
Sun Dec-08-19 09:21 PM

6. "no idea who he is but damn that's young"
In response to Reply # 0

RIP

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13571 posts
Mon Dec-09-19 04:05 PM

14. "^"
In response to Reply # 6

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Mon Dec-09-19 09:20 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
9. "sad as to be expected"
In response to Reply # 0

people shouldn't be dying this young, esp. not like this

and of course people are out there being corny about it

mikediggz
Member since Dec 02nd 2003
10143 posts
Mon Dec-09-19 10:46 AM

10. "talented kid. i wasnt super familiar with his catalog but the few songs"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Dec-09-19 10:46 AM by mikediggz

i heard were decent...dudes future was bright. rip

Kira
Member since Nov 14th 2004
28844 posts
Mon Dec-09-19 10:59 AM

11. "RIP to the young man"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm not speculating on the cause of death at all. He was building momentum for something great. Adam22 was going through it something bad on his Livestream last night.

It sucks to see the youth dealing with things like this on their own. They need guidance.

No empathy for white misery (c) BDot

"root for everybody black haters say that's crazy, wow..."

RaphaelSoulLee
Member since May 21st 2003
3765 posts
Mon Dec-09-19 11:08 AM

12. "Man..that's sad. He has that song, "Lucid Dreams".."
In response to Reply # 0

..which my daughter likes. I personally thought it was sad AF

It takes all kinds to make up a world, son. -My pops

I just live for the comments -Da wiz

Soldado
Member since Apr 13th 2006
572 posts
Mon Dec-09-19 11:38 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
13. "the fatalism in rap lyrics is real heavy right now."
In response to Reply # 0

back in the day young brothas didnt think they would make it past a certain age because of gun violence.

now they talk about succumbing to drug addiction and depression/suicide.

---

tariqhu
Charter member
17885 posts
Mon Dec-09-19 04:57 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
15. "not looking good..."
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/pop-culture-news/juice-wrld-had-bottles-codeine-70-pounds-marijuana-plane-police-n1098441

Police found bottles of prescription codeine and a large amount of marijuana on the plane carrying rapper Jarad Anthony Higgins, also known as Juice WRLD, shortly before Higgins died Sunday.

Police and FBI agents arrived to meet Higgins' plane at about 1:30 a.m. CT at Midway Airport Sunday morning on the suspicion the rapper was in possession of contraband, the Chicago Police Department said Monday. Officers found 70 pounds of marijuana and six bottles of prescription codeine cough syrup in a search of luggage on the the twin-engine Gulfstream jet when it landed.

There were also two 9mm pistols, a .40-caliber pistol, a high-capacity ammunition magazine and metal-piercing bullets found on the plane, according to police.

Though circumstances leading to the 21-year-old rapper's death are still unclear, police said Higgins began convulsing while the police were speaking to him and others on the plane. He was given two doses of Narcan, a brand of naloxone used to block the effects of opioid overdose in emergency situations. Higgins woke up briefly but was later declared dead at a local hospital.

The Cook County Medical Examiner's Office said Monday it must conduct more tests in Higgins' autopsy to determine cause of death, including cardiac pathology, neuropathology, histology and toxicology testing.
Christopher Long, 36, and Henry Dean, 27, two guards who were with Higgins at the time, were arrested on unrelated gun charges, according to the Chicago Police Department. Arrest records for the men are not available and it is unclear whether they have attorneys.

Dean allegedly told police he had two guns and a high-capacity magazine on him at the time. A third-gun was found in a camera case among Long's possessions, though Long denied owning it, according to police.

Higgins, a Chicago native, was signed to Interscope Records and considered at the forefront of the emo rap scene. He released a collaborative album in 2018 with Future before releasing his debut record, titled "Goodbye & Good Riddance."

The album's title began trending on Twitter shortly after TMZ first reported the news of his death. Fans and fellow artists mourned Higgins' death on social media, remarking on the tragedy of his young life cut short.

Ellie Goulding, who worked with Higgins on the song "Hate Me," wrote on Twitter that Higgins was "such a sweet soul."

"I'll always remember meeting you and your family on the video set and thinking how close you were," Goulding said. "You had so much further to go, you were just getting started. You'll be missed Juice."
Drake, who also rose to fame at young age, posted a photo of Higgins on Instagram Sunday.

"I would like to see all the younger talent live longer and I hate waking up hearing another story filled with blessings was cut short," Drake wrote.

Higgins once rapped about the short lives of artists in his single "Legends," on which he said he didn't want to be known as a legend because "all the legends seem to die out."

"We keep on losing our legends to the cruel cold world," the lyrics said. "What is it coming to?"

Another lyric from the song, "What's the 27 Club? We ain't making it past 21," also made the rounds on social media as fans mourned.

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79578 posts
Tue Dec-10-19 12:36 PM

19. "What did I just read? "
In response to Reply # 15

Someone snitched and he OD’d on site?

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59178 posts
Tue Dec-10-19 04:59 PM

20. "Tryna hide the stash "
In response to Reply # 19

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

tariqhu
Charter member
17885 posts
Wed Dec-11-19 10:43 AM

26. "yup"
In response to Reply # 19

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

squeeg
Charter member
34484 posts
Mon Dec-09-19 04:59 PM

17. "RIP."
In response to Reply # 0

Cenario
59178 posts
Tue Dec-10-19 12:29 PM

18. "Damn OD'd tryna conceal the pills"
In response to Reply # 0

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

Stringer Bell
Member since Mar 15th 2004
3175 posts
Tue Dec-10-19 05:45 PM

21. "I don't buy this."
In response to Reply # 18

He presumably knew about the 70 POUNDS of marijuana on board. Why risk your life to hide a few pills?

Rjcc
Charter member
94964 posts
Tue Dec-10-19 06:42 PM

22. "why is juice wrld traveling with two armed guards?"
In response to Reply # 21

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

double 0
Member since Nov 17th 2004
7007 posts
Wed Dec-11-19 12:03 PM

29. "well..."
In response to Reply # 22

Juice was managed by Lil Bibby and his brother so...

The life

Double 0
DJ/Producer/Artist
Producer in Kidz In The Hall
-------------------------------------------
twitter: @godouble0
IG: @godouble0
www.thinklikearapper.com

Cenario
59178 posts
Tue Dec-10-19 07:20 PM

23. "Mighta thought they was jus gonna search his person idk"

Mynoriti
Charter member
38817 posts
Wed Dec-11-19 02:55 AM

24. "he was young. he panicked "

and probably already had a few percs in him at the time. It's not really far fetched

It sounds like a story you'd hear some Keith Richards type rocker tell about the time they stupidly swallowed 30 quaaludes back in 74 and nearly died, or actually flatlined. Except in this case he didn't live to be able to tell the story someday

KnowOne
Charter member
39944 posts
Wed Dec-11-19 10:38 AM

25. "Either he panicked or...........hate to say it but.... "
Wed Dec-11-19 10:40 AM by KnowOne

seemed like he had some depression issues. Could he have thought about all the other stuff the FEDs would find and facing jail time and losing career he chose to check out instead? Hope Im wrong though.

Or he may have figured the rest of the crew could take the fall for everything else and he just wanted to get rid of what was on his person.

Either way I wonder if who ever set this up feels guilty.

IG: KnowOne215 | PS+ ID: KnowOne215

legsdiamond
79578 posts
Wed Dec-11-19 12:00 PM

28. "I’m not up ok dude... why the weight? "
In response to Reply # 25

Rap money ain’t enough?

Seems odd to move that type of product in the air. I’m sure his people made him do it but nope.. I’m taking Delta economy.

these dudes are forced to do illegal shit to make music? I don’t get how you risk it all for some trees.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

KnowOne
Charter member
39944 posts
Wed Dec-11-19 02:42 PM

30. "thats why I think its a set up...."
In response to Reply # 28

by maybe someone in his crew? Especially for the FEDs to know and be waiting for them.

IG: KnowOne215 | PS+ ID: KnowOne215

legsdiamond
79578 posts
Wed Dec-11-19 02:45 PM

31. "back on the day the crew made sure the money man stayed clean"
In response to Reply # 30

Seems like since Michael Vick went down dudes no longer tale the rap so the money man can keep things flowing.

Game is backwards now.

lightworks
Member since Feb 17th 2006
5818 posts
Wed Dec-11-19 02:53 PM

32. "An article said the pilot called it in because his crew had guns."
In response to Reply # 30

Which isn’t allowed on the plane.

I was laughing at TMZ saying someone said they were being racially profiled

Y’all got 70 pounds of weed on a plane and wanna cry profiling?!?

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85066 posts
Wed Dec-11-19 11:45 AM

27. "wow."
In response to Reply # 18

<--- Big Baller World Order

Lobby General Discussion topic #13358597 Previous topic | Next topic