Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13358334

Subject: "16 Questions with SuiteLady" Previous topic | Next topic
SuiteLady
Member since Oct 19th 2004
16194 posts
Thu Dec-05-19 09:35 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"16 Questions with SuiteLady"

1). What are you most proud of in 2019?
2). Who are you closest to in your extended family?
3). What is your favorite foreign film?
4). What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink?
5). When you have a cold, what is your favorite thing to eat?
6). Where were you on 9/11?
7). Do you eat breakfast each morning?
8). When is the last time you had a cold?
9). What is the most vivid dream you can remember? Tell me about it.
10). What is your favorite syfy tv show?
11). Favorite non american cuisine dish?
12). Have you ever used a sewing machine?
13). Tell me about a movie that changed you/your way of thinking?
14). Do you enjoy Trivia nights?
15). Did you ever wear braces on your teeth?
16). When you we 14, what did you want to be when your grew up?

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

"Love is never any better than the lover" Toni Morrison (The Bluest Eye)

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Ha this is cool I'll play.
Dec 05th 2019
Dear Brew:
Dec 07th 2019
RE: 16 Questions with SuiteLady
Dec 06th 2019
Dear Coprolalia:
Dec 07th 2019
Dec 06th 2019
Dear walihorse:
Dec 07th 2019
Dec 06th 2019
this is super dope my dude..i never knew what you did...
Dec 06th 2019
haha, yeah buddy.
Dec 09th 2019
Dear FLUIDJ:
Dec 07th 2019
      Dear SuiteLady:
Dec 09th 2019
Dec 06th 2019
Dear Crisco:
Dec 07th 2019
Dec 06th 2019
Dear Somnus:
Dec 07th 2019
sure...
Dec 06th 2019
Dear Trinity444:
Dec 07th 2019
      Dear SuiteLady,
Dec 14th 2019
Dec 06th 2019
Dear KnowOne:
Dec 07th 2019
i dont do answers
Dec 06th 2019
Dear mista k5:
Dec 07th 2019
Dec 06th 2019
Dear LAbeathustla:
Dec 09th 2019
Dec 06th 2019
Dear kingjerm78
Dec 09th 2019
Dec 06th 2019
Dear mrhood75:
Dec 09th 2019
Dec 06th 2019
Dear Rjcc:
Dec 10th 2019
      It's so gotdamn good!
Dec 10th 2019
           I did the painted desert on the same trip too!
Dec 10th 2019
                I think I need to go back there, it was a great experience
Dec 12th 2019
Dec 06th 2019
Dear tully_blanchard:
Dec 10th 2019
Dec 09th 2019
Dear Selah:
Dec 14th 2019
Dec 09th 2019
Dear infin8
Dec 14th 2019
Dec 09th 2019
Dec 14th 2019

Brew
Member since Nov 23rd 2002
24409 posts
Thu Dec-05-19 10:24 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "Ha this is cool I'll play."
In response to Reply # 0

>1). What are you most proud of in 2019?

Having made it through a couple of tough life events, both my wife and I, and seeing light on the other side.

>2). Who are you closest to in your extended family?

My cousin Jimmy, since around our college years when we partied together a bunch haha. Growing up, he and I played sports together but I always sorta viewed him as my annoying younger cousin (by only a year, but he was a small, quiet kid until high school) who just wanted to copy everything I did. So I hung out with his sister more (who's a year older than me). But he came out of his shell in HS and we got super close. Go to Patriots games together for 10+ years, etc.

>3). What is your favorite foreign film?

8 1/2. Saw it semi-recently after on reading about it on some "top 50 foreign movies" list on Buzzfeed or Complex or some shit haha.

>4). What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink?

Arizona Arnold Palmer iced tea/lemonade. I drink that like it's water.

>5). When you have a cold, what is your favorite thing to eat?

Not really sure. I don't really change my habits much typically, my colds (knock on wood) don't tend to be all that bad so beyond taking some Sudafed or something I stay my usual course most of the time. But I guess in the past if I *have* had a bad cold I've gone with like, tomato soup or chicken soup.

>6). Where were you on 9/11?

At my locker in my high school, senior year. A kid I had known for years came by and said "dude planes just flew into the WTC" and, kinda unfortunately I guess, I didn't even think anything of it. Says a lot about how numb we've always been to tragedy maybe. But I also probably didn't really understand the impact fully as I didn't even really know what the WTC was, embarrassingly. Anyway I went to my next class when our principal announced it over the intercom. Our super weird science teacher just stood in stunned silence saying "oh my god" over and over again. And my backup QB and I got up and told her we were too distraught to stay in class (lies), got a note to leave school from the school nurse who loved us, got McDonald's, and went to my house and watched the coverage.

That's when the impact truly hit me. Watching it on TV is obviously pretty jarring. Then our football coach inexplicably had us practice anyway later that afternoon so we went back to the school, and that's when the impact REALLY hit me as one of the kids on our team told us all that he thought his father had been on one of the flights. Thankfully he turned out to be wrong but that was a really tense moment.

Damn that was a crazy day. And we were assholes. LOL. Like our first thought was "we can get out of class now" smh.

>7). Do you eat breakfast each morning?

Yea yogurt.

>8). When is the last time you had a cold?

Heavy on the cold theme !? Ha. Uhhh right now, actually. Both my wife and I.

>9). What is the most vivid dream you can remember? Tell me
>about it.

It was 2004, 4 years after my mom had died. And I had a dream that she and I were in a house together just searching for ... something. I don't remember what it was we were looking for, and weirdly the house was completely empty. But we just walked around laughing and joking like we always had. Searching a completely empty house. Weird but simultaneously pleasant dream since I got to hang out with my mom lol.

>10). What is your favorite syfy tv show?

Not really into SciFi.

>11). Favorite non american cuisine dish?

Kibbeh. Gibbie. Whatever it's called. My wife is Syrian/middle-eastern and her family always makes a ton of amazing Lebanese/Syrian food for holidays and get togethers. I love it all (grapeleaves, hummus, etc.) but I could eat ... kibbeh/gibbie/whateverthefuck it's called for every meal everyday forever.

>12). Have you ever used a sewing machine?

Never.

>13). Tell me about a movie that changed you/your way of
>thinking?

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Not really sure what it was about that movie but it really hit me in a way that no other movie ever really had or has since. I've never really been able to explain it but after seeing that movie I found better ways to manage my short temper, stress, and irritability over minor things, and helped me to compartmentalize trivial things that had previously got on my nerves or gave me anxiety.

Again I have no idea what it was about that movie that gave me this clarity, but it happened. Haha.

>14). Do you enjoy Trivia nights?

Yea - I used to do them every week, sometimes multiple times a week, in college. But haven't gone in a while. But the rare times I have gone in the last several years I've still had a lot of fun.

>15). Did you ever wear braces on your teeth?

Yes - 1.5 years from the end of 7th grade thru the very beginning of freshman year.

>16). When you we 14, what did you want to be when your grew
>up?

NBA player. Delusional fuck. lol

----------------------------------------

"Fuck aliens." © WarriorPoet415

SuiteLady
16194 posts
Sat Dec-07-19 12:15 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
16. "Dear Brew:"
In response to Reply # 1

I your answer to number two reminds me of a cousin I had a similar childhood relationship with. She is only 9 months younger than me but she seems like 'the baby' to me when we were kids and I was much closer to her older sister who is two years older than me. Unfortunately me and that younger cousin didn't get closer after growing up. It is actully funny to type the words younger cousin in regards to her now because she is the same age as me for 4 month our of every year.

I think I saw 8 1/2 but I want to watch it again.

Me and you must be the same age because I was also a senior in high school. I also didn't realize the impact when it was first communicated to me. I was in a TA for a poetry class when the teacher was told. Then the class ended and I went to the library where they had the tv on and we saw the second plan hit. I said "Are there people in there?" and one of the library staff member kinda half screamed "YEAH!"

I blame my lack of awareness on living in South Kansas City. a) That was still suburbia back then and b) I had never been to New York at that time in my life and all I knew about it was Central Park, Times Square and the music of the rappers and singers from there.

I had no idea what the World Trade Center was or what all of it meant until, like you, I watch the news coverage after my mother check me out of school early.

I remember 9/11 having a minor impact on picking colleges.

I don't know how I ended up with two questions about colds, lol.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is one of my favorite movies. Your response sounds like what I heard someone say after having seen Ground Hog Day.

Take care,

SuiteLady

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

Coprolalia
Member since Oct 17th 2008
637 posts
Fri Dec-06-19 12:32 AM

2. "RE: 16 Questions with SuiteLady"
In response to Reply # 0

While it is still 13~ days away, I'm most proud of becoming a father.

One of my first cousins (once removed) who used to babysit me, convinced
me to move to Texas and has become more like a sister as we gotten older.

Naruto or Last Train to Busan

Cranberry-Grape Juice

Salmon

On my way to work thinking what a horrible accident and by the time I got to work it was on the news and it was so surreal, like watching a movie. It has hard to imagine something like this was actually happening in America.

Only on the weekends, during the week I fast till noon.

Its been close to 3-4 months ago

>about it.
I have a hard time remembering any of my dreams now, and most of my vivid ones were from when I was much younger. one of my more vivid ones was Jack the Ripper on the street at night time yelling at me to give him some oreo cookies and my hiding in my grandmothers room.

Firefly

Korean Pork Belly

Not seriously

>thinking?
Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind... One of my favorite movies of all time. it showed me that bad things will happen in your life but those things are also connected to the really good times as well and if you erase one you erase it all. So it taught me to appreciate just the experience of life even the bad times.

Don't know if I have ever experience this before!

Nope

>up?
A track star, at least until my first track event!

"Fuck this shit man"

SuiteLady
16194 posts
Sat Dec-07-19 12:23 PM

17. "Dear Coprolalia:"
In response to Reply # 2

Sincere, congrats on the bundle of joy!

Last Train to Busan is in my watch list already.

lol @ "Jack the Ripper on the street at night time yelling at me to give him some oreo cookies and my hiding in my grandmothers room."

Second one in this thread who listed Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind. It is one of my favorite movies.

If someone invites you to a trivia night - go. See if you like it.

humm... did I list only 15 questions?

Take Care,

SuiteLady

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

walihorse
Member since Aug 03rd 2006
16125 posts
Fri Dec-06-19 08:49 AM

3. "RE: 16 Questions with SuiteLady"
In response to Reply # 0

Positive personal development - Job, home, family wise.
Cousin frankie
City of God
Water
Nothing in particular.
Sophomore in HS in Camden NJ. Girl in my Computer Networking class had a portable TV, watched the second plane hit surrounding that lil ass TV, very strange moment
Not usually
Dec 30th 2017
>about it.
Dream that I've remembered the longest, I was 8yrs old. I was getting chased by a terminator, my mom was helping me escape it. At one more in the car I fell out of the passenger side, and she did a donut to keep me from getting shot at. I still remember the exoskeleton face coming at me very well.
Right now the Mandolorian.
Nicaraguan fritanga https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritanga
Nopw
>thinking?
Not sure.
I do
I did not
>up?
Rich, that was it. Too vague to help actually motivate towards something.

If a fat guy falls in the woods and there is no one around to see it, do the trees laugh?

SuiteLady
16194 posts
Sat Dec-07-19 12:31 PM

18. "Dear walihorse:"
In response to Reply # 3

I could not get in to City of God. What got you hooked?

Wow - you know the exact date of you last cold.

I also still remember dreams from that age. I used to dream that I was driving (at that age) and would get lost trying to get back home.

The Mandolorian is in my watch list.

Take care,

SuiteLady

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44611 posts
Fri Dec-06-19 08:55 AM

4. "RE: 16 Questions with SuiteLady"
In response to Reply # 0

Construction is complete on multiple houses I designed. Great to see them come to life.

Not really close to anyone in my extended family

No clue. Can't remember the last foreign film I saw....or if i've ever seen one lol. I don't even like closed captions on TV shows...no WAY i'm watching a whole movie with them shits! ... Wait...The Gods Must Be Crazy...I remember seeing that when I was younger...I feel like it's probably a pretty offensive movie now though...

Grape juice. Although I don't remember the last time I actually had it. And i'm talking the 100% dark purple stuff. Not that extra sugar laced shit.

Anything without a lot of flavor. Nothing worse than having a cold, and your tastebuds are all fcked up..not able to taste shit...and somebody cooks up something full of flavor and serves it to you and all you can do is imagine....can't even smell the shit...smh. That's torture...

In an interview in Crystal City for my 2nd job up here. I was sitting at a desk and my future boss told me he just got an email saying something about a bombing in NYC and that he might have to cut the interview short. 10 min. later he cut it short. I proceeded to the Crystal City underground and got on the metro headed back into DC. My train was held briefly at the Pentagon stop then was allowed to proceed but stopped at the UDC Metro station and I got off and walked the rest of the way to our apartment in upper NW near Chevy Chase Circle. I turned the news on and saw what a tragic day it was and spent the next 6 hours fruitlessly trying to get in touch with my girlfriend (now wife) who worked down in Dupont Circle. She eventually made it back to the apartment in the same way I did...walking. That seemed SO FAR back then...but in retrospect...I put in more miles on an easy run day now.

Of course. I'm not a savage!

Don't jinx me bro.

>about it.
Don't recall any recent ones.

X-Files. and runner up is LOST.

I will fck up a Papusa!

Yes.

>thinking?
I don't recall one.

Never had a trivia night. But I don't really enjoy games...so I'd probably be highly annoyed and unamused

Nope. And i've never had a cavity either.

>up?
An Architect.

LAbeathustla
Member since Jan 24th 2004
33858 posts
Fri Dec-06-19 04:09 PM

11. "this is super dope my dude..i never knew what you did..."
In response to Reply # 4

this has to be a super rewarding feeling...homes that will stand for years to come...

>>1). What are you most proud of in 2019?
>Construction is complete on multiple houses I designed. Great
>to see them come to life.

------------------------------------
2019 CABG Survivor

2016 OK Survivor Champion

be about it or be without it

RIP GOATs

FLUIDJ
44611 posts
Mon Dec-09-19 11:26 AM

27. "haha, yeah buddy. "
In response to Reply # 11

>this has to be a super rewarding feeling...homes that will
>stand for years to come...

Fingers crossed at least. These contractors like to take liberties sometimes!! lol...

>>>1). What are you most proud of in 2019?
>>Construction is complete on multiple houses I designed.
>Great
>>to see them come to life.
>

"Get ready....for your blessing....."
"Bury me by my Grand-Grand and when you can come follow me"

SuiteLady
16194 posts
Sat Dec-07-19 12:39 PM

19. "Dear FLUIDJ:"
In response to Reply # 4

I used to LOVE Welches 100% grape juice.

Take care,

SuiteLady

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

FLUIDJ
44611 posts
Mon Dec-09-19 11:25 AM

26. "Dear SuiteLady:"
In response to Reply # 19

The next time that I indulge, I will toast; in your honor.

The Kindest of warm regards,
FLUIDJ

"Get ready....for your blessing....."
"Bury me by my Grand-Grand and when you can come follow me"

Crisco
Member since May 21st 2003
14015 posts
Fri Dec-06-19 09:06 AM

5. "RE: 16 Questions with SuiteLady"
In response to Reply # 0

Middle daughter graduated High School. Only one more to go.
My sister and Brother
?????
Water. Because sugary drinks lead to diabetes
Won Ton Soup
At home
Yes,
Don't remember
>about it.
Those are usually X Rated
Mandalorian right now
Sushi
Playing around when my grandma was alive
>thinking?
Hmmm can't think of one
Yes go to one near my house once a month or so
No
>up?
A Doctor
>

---------------------------------------
My Sig - Nig!!
Hip Hop is a perfect verse over a dope beat!!

Just a Day in the Life, Of a Playa for Life!!
My Datpiff Page
http://www.datpiff.com/JayfromJerz-and-DJ-Sat-One-The-Bee-Sides-mixtape.709908.html
http://

SuiteLady
16194 posts
Sat Dec-07-19 01:13 PM

20. "Dear Crisco:"
In response to Reply # 5

Lol I had not considered that someone would respond witht heir x rated dreams.

I do love Sushi.

A Doctor is also what I wanted to be when I was 14.

Take care,

SuiteLady

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

Somnus
Member since Jun 25th 2012
3555 posts
Fri Dec-06-19 09:28 AM

6. "RE: 16 Questions with SuiteLady"
In response to Reply # 0

considering my past/current lifestyle choices/habits it probably would be
1) maintaining some modicum of sanity 2) still being gainfully employed with a couple duckets in the bank
3) moving into a new place in a decent neighborhood

in other words, being an adult lol.

the youngest of my dad's seven brothers. Through most of my teens and early 20s he was like a surrogate father to me. Although as of late our relationship is damn near nonexistent.

Snatch

a non-alcoholic drink? wtf is that?
water I guess lol.

Pho soup

schlepping audio/visual equipment between the 51st floor and courtyard/patio of a building in FiDi with windows directly facing WTC. Didnt actually catch the plane(s) making contact but couldn't miss the downpour of debris from the first crash. Will never forget the shockwave of the 2nd crash and all the folks gathered around in the courtyard hauling ass back inside the building for safety. Surreal.

more often than not. But my "breakfast" usually consist of leftovers or uneaten dinner from the night before. My coworkers have a running joke about that fact and have even given me a nickname due to it.

about a month ago.

>about it.

one in particular comes to mind and would be the closest thing to remote viewing that I've experienced. In short, I dreamt I was in the apt of a girl who I had been seeing but at the time was on the outs with, booking a cruise with her new man. It was weird because the features and furniture of the apt were flipped to the opposite side of what I remembered, almost like a mirror image. Anyways, the viewing was cut short when a man who looked like he was from some time in the past appeared, told me I couldn't/ shouldn't be there, handed me some sort of metal object (a talisman?) and waved me off, which is when I woke up.

about a week or two (nah, maybe a month) later when she finally decided to talk to me again, she stated that her and dude had broken up and it was unfortunate because they were planning on taking a cruise together. Freaky shit, man.

was, is and will always be the Star Trek franchise. Namely TOS.

black pudding and souse and/ or goat roti. both w/ plenty PEPPA!

nope. Definitely one of the many skills I wish my granny would've bestowed upon me before she passed.

>thinking?

Fight Club. I think it in some weird way helped me embrace and understand my outlier status.

never really participated in one, but
I'm damn good at trivia in general.

yes, in my early teens.

>up?

always wanted to be a comic book artist but I think around 14 is when I started concentrating more on music and writing lyrics/ rhymes.

The ULTIMATE negation of everything.

The space between despair and orgasm is hard to fill ~ Maron

SuiteLady
16194 posts
Sat Dec-07-19 01:21 PM

21. "Dear Somnus:"
In response to Reply # 6

I would say these are the thing I am most proud of in 2019 as well, minus the move part.

"1) maintaining some modicum of sanity 2) still being gainfully employed with a couple duckets in the bank 3) moving into a new place in a decent neighborhood"

Wow @ that dream. I love my dreams. Someday's my dreams are more vivid than my life.

I had to google TOS, lol.

Fight Club is another one of my favorite movies.

Take care,

SuiteLady

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Fri Dec-06-19 10:25 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "sure..."
In response to Reply # 0

My growth. Making it through all the challenges

my family is close in general

nothing comes to mind

coffee

soup

at home working

no

I can’t even remember

>about it.

the night before my ex telling me about a child he fathered, I dreamt about it

not applicable

chicken souvlaki

yes, I used to make my own things

>thinking?

nothing comes to mind

I have/would

no. I’m fortunate to have straight teeth.

>up?

nurse

SuiteLady
16194 posts
Sat Dec-07-19 02:34 PM

22. "Dear Trinity444:"
In response to Reply # 7

Greek food is my favorite non american food.

Kool,

SuiteLady

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Sat Dec-14-19 01:53 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
39. "Dear SuiteLady,"
In response to Reply # 22
Sat Dec-14-19 01:53 PM by Trinity444

sorry for the delay in responding...I was away for work. i like to try souvlaki whenever I’m traveling and nothing ever compares to what I get in Buffalo.

KnowOne
Charter member
39942 posts
Fri Dec-06-19 01:46 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
8. "RE: 16 Questions with SuiteLady"
In response to Reply # 0

The way my son has grown physically and mentally in his second year of life.

My aunt. (Mothers sister)

Hmmmm.... probably Parasyte.

Redbull

Vegetable soup.

At work, heard what was happening while listening to Howard Stern. Found a tv and watched the rest play out on CNN.

No.

Earlier this year. I see to catch one cold a year.

>about it.

Reoccurring nightmare where Im in a toy store and a giant bobble head version of myself is chasing me.

Tie between ST Next Gen & X-Files.

Sushi

Tried once and had no idea what I was doing lol

>thinking?

Hmmmm.... recent Luce had me rethink the long term effects trauma can have.

YES!

Couldn't afford them but always wanted them

>up?

Electrical Engineer

IG: KnowOne215 | PS+ ID: KnowOne215

SuiteLady
16194 posts
Sat Dec-07-19 03:27 PM

23. "Dear KnowOne:"
In response to Reply # 8

I never wore braces but wanted them. I have a slight gap in my two front teeth that I inherited. Surprisingly no dentist has ever recommended braces for me. I just wanted them.

Take care,

SuiteLady

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16412 posts
Fri Dec-06-19 02:04 PM

9. "i dont do answers"
In response to Reply # 0

ill try

making some headway on debt
not sure i understand what is considered extended, i really keep to myself though
cant think of one
ginger beer/soda
pho fo sho
at home getting ready for school
sensitive, i started doing the intermittent fasting last week. so yes but closer to lunch time. i am used to eating pretty soon after i wake up. im mostly adjusted though.
i think in august
cant think of one
current? does mr robot count?
enchiladas
nope
i need to come back to this one
yes
retainer
probably architect, something having to do with design

SuiteLady
16194 posts
Sat Dec-07-19 04:59 PM

24. "Dear mista k5:"
In response to Reply # 9

I do like ginger beer/soda

Yes, Mr. Robot counts

Take care,

SuiteLady

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

LAbeathustla
Member since Jan 24th 2004
33858 posts
Fri Dec-06-19 04:01 PM

10. "RE: 16 Questions with SuiteLady"
In response to Reply # 0

Hows things? I hope well

Surviving 6x bypass surgery

my 1st cousin. we talk/text every day

Calvaire...its my faavorite and least favorite bcz its so freaking bizarre

green tea..i drink it ery day since the surgery...

chinese hot and sour soup

off from work in bed

yes..oatmeal mostly

last week

>about it.
i cant remember..i havent had any dreams since i was in the hospital...i think the medication made me sleep so heavy i had vivid dreams every night...i cant remember too many..i do remember one where there was this blob type ish i couldnt get away from...not a giant blob...but something small..everywhere i would be ...it was there..

not at all a sci fy head,,i did used to watch the show with skully a little bit back in the day

camorones diablo.

lol...in high school home ec...i only took that class for the girls (there were only two guys in there me and one other) and one semester was all cooking...so we cooked a meal twice a week and ate it in class..

>thinking?
most recently - Upgrade

yes...if its sports or music..lol

no

>up?
>
when i was 14 i thought i was going to play in Wimbledon in 5 years...lol..i was heavy into tennis

------------------------------------
2019 CABG Survivor

2016 OK Survivor Champion

be about it or be without it

RIP GOATs

SuiteLady
16194 posts
Mon Dec-09-19 08:33 PM

30. "Dear LAbeathustla:"
In response to Reply # 10

Sorry to hear about you needing the bypass surgery, and glad you are recovering. Dude! I love Chinese hot and sour soup when I am sick.

Ooh spicy shrimp!

I think it is kool that you played tennis!

I miss you! Call me some day.

SuiteLady

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

kingjerm78
Member since Jul 05th 2007
24725 posts
Fri Dec-06-19 07:24 PM

12. "RE: 16 Questions with SuiteLady"
In response to Reply # 0

left my old job for a better job.

my boy B-Easy

City of God

Sweet Tea

soup

at work at a HS. I worked with the bad jits

Yeah...I try to eat a lil something

August

>about it.

I had won a car and I remember parking it in the driveway, when I woke up and it was gone, I was upset a lil. It just felt so real.

Black Mirror

that dark rice from the Haitian place.. diri djon djon or sum'n like that...throw in some plantains and some pickli's...excuse my spelling if I offended any Zoe's.

Yep. Home Ec.

>thinking?

I do. I am a fountain of useless information. I watch Jeopardy when I can

no. but I always wanted them. still might get them.

>up?
>
I wanted to be a pro football/basketball/baseball player.

--------------------------------

one half of the most dynamic tag team on the net...nappyafro's FROCAST!

http://www.frocast.com
www.nappyafro.com
store.nappyafro.com

SuiteLady
16194 posts
Mon Dec-09-19 11:28 PM

31. "Dear kingjerm78"
In response to Reply # 12

In 2019 I also left my old job, but I would say for a better paying job.

You are the second person to list City of God. I tried to watch it and couldn't get in to it.

Take care,

SuiteLady

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44709 posts
Fri Dec-06-19 08:00 PM

13. "RE: 16 Questions with SuiteLady"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Dec-06-19 08:05 PM by mrhood75

The writing I did.

Probably my Aunt (the wife of my father's brother).

Ran.

Lemonade. Popular drink and it still is.

Won Ton Soup

When the planes hit? Asleep in my bed in California. I was also a newspaper editor at the time, so I spent part of the day talking to the city government that I covered about their reactions.

Depends. This week it's been banana bread oatmeal.

Earlier this year.

>about it.
Can't remember.

Don't watch it. I need to watch Expanse, but that moved to Amazon.

Peking Duck.

Noap.

>thinking?
Godfather.

Part of the reigning Hip-Hop Trivia champs at the local spot! Word to OKP Squeeg for bringing me in. Can count on one hand the number of times we legit lost.

Nope. Had a retainer though.

>up?

Writer.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

SuiteLady
16194 posts
Mon Dec-09-19 11:49 PM

32. "Dear mrhood75:"
In response to Reply # 13

Bingo! I have been waiting on someone to say Won Ton Soup. That is my #1 because there is a place that will delivery to my house that has Won Ton Soup that I like. Delivery is important when I am sick. I used to work next to a place that had excellent Hot n Sour soup. That was my #2. However, that place is a) closed now, b) when it was open I had to go be at work for it to be convenient since they don't deliver to my neighborhood. I kinda had it good when I worked there and they were open because if I felt sick at work I went next door to get Hot n Sour Soup, and if I was home I ordered delivery of Won Ton Soup.

Take care,

SuiteLady

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

Rjcc
Charter member
94950 posts
Fri Dec-06-19 08:26 PM

14. "RE: 16 Questions with SuiteLady"
In response to Reply # 0

cleared a lot of things off of my "I'll do that eventually" list, became much better at communicating with my wife and my family.

one of my younger cousins, but not as much lately now that he moved.

The Man From Nowhere, easily. might be my favorite film period.

Vanilla milkshake

beef stew

college. my niece was born a couple hours earlier and I'd been up all night waiting to hear everyone was ok, so it was all kind of fuzzy to me until much later in the day.

I'm not usually up in the morning.

idk

>about it.
I don't usually remember my dreams.

Dark Matter

Kalbi

no

>thinking?
pass

I would, but I work nights.

Yuup. Protip: wear your retainer.

>up?
Didn't expect to grow up.

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

SuiteLady
16194 posts
Tue Dec-10-19 12:01 AM

33. "Dear Rjcc:"
In response to Reply # 14

I went to the Grand Canyon in 2019. That was on my "eventually" list.

I love me some Korean BBQ beef!

Take care,

SuiteLady

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

Rjcc
Charter member
94950 posts
Tue Dec-10-19 01:26 AM

35. "It's so gotdamn good! "
In response to Reply # 33

the Grand Canyon is incredible, it's practically too much. Did you go down in it?

I went there when I was a teenager, I actually preferred the badlands in Wyoming and the Painted Desert in Arizona (on the same trip) because they were very accessible, and the Grand Canyon....is not lol

SuiteLady
16194 posts
Tue Dec-10-19 06:44 PM

36. "I did the painted desert on the same trip too!"
In response to Reply # 35

No, I did not go into the grand canyon.

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

Rjcc
Charter member
94950 posts
Thu Dec-12-19 06:19 AM

37. "I think I need to go back there, it was a great experience"
In response to Reply # 36

the grand canyon is wild because it's so. damn. big.

but it's basically like seeing a picture. I've heard the tours are amazing but that's not for me

tully_blanchard
Charter member
6902 posts
Fri Dec-06-19 08:27 PM

15. "RE: 16 Questions with SuiteLady"
In response to Reply # 0

The amount of inner strength I've found.

My cousin Tara

Hmm...

Ginger Beer

Jersey Mikes #9..Mikes way...add jalapenos

At work

I try..but nah

Currently have one (just ate a #9, lol)

Me and the ex took The Kid to do some volunteer work in the hod and we were talking to one of the community leaders. I turned arounf to check on The Kid and she was gone. The Community Leader had her kidnapped. I woke in a full fledged panic attack.

Don't watch SyFy

Gang Panang

In school..years ago.

Endgame (Ya'll sleep on them jewels Thanos be dropping)

I do

Nope

A rapper, lol

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

#2dopebrothersandastackofwax

https://www.instagram.com/bobgeorge87

https://www.instagram.com/thirtythree.three/

SuiteLady
16194 posts
Tue Dec-10-19 12:07 AM

34. "Dear tully_blanchard:"
In response to Reply # 15

I like Ginger Beer too!

A 14 year old wanting to be a rapper is not unusual.

Take care,

SuiteLady

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

Selah
Member since Jun 05th 2002
16484 posts
Mon Dec-09-19 10:54 AM

25. "RE: 16 Questions with SuiteLady"
In response to Reply # 0

Got through it (knock on wood) without the world driving me crazy (too)

My younger brother, grew up like two peas in a pod and I hate that we don't live closer now - though it gives me somewhere to travel to

Next is my oldest niece. She is the only daughter I will ever have. I've loved her from the second I first laid eyes on her. She calls me "uncle-dad" and *that* is the lift to me

Kirikou and the Sorceress ( https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0181627/ )

Sleepytime Tea by Herbal Essence

Homemade Chicken Soup (drink: ginger root-lemon tea with honey)

My oldest son was newborn and my mom was here helping. She was up watching the news (The Today Show) as I was leaving and the 1st plane had hit and they were talking about it. As I was in the car listening to the news on the radio the second plane hit. All day everything was surreal, the most profound/creepy thing being driving home and there were NO cars on the 405 and NO planes coming into LAX (the emptiness of the sky where the runways are right next to the freeway was spooky as hell). Thats the second most apocalyptic day I've ever had

should, but don't

last year, don't jinx me

>about it.

Always have had very vivid dreams, one which stuck (and I remeber fully still) was back when I was in 5th grade. I dreamed I was recruited to become a member of G-Force (think a 70s version of the Voltron Team or Power Rangers). Our 1st mission was to capture a monster which had somehow gotten inside my neighborhood Woolworths. It was an air-breathing shark, which was covered in fur like a lion - about 15or so feet long. We fought that thing with laser guns and swords finally capturing it and damn near destroying the store in the process. My teacher at school (I was very much the class pet) let me tell/act out the story to the class as we waited to line up to go to lunch the next day. This started a regular pattern of me regaling the poor class with my crazy acted-out dream stories

The original twilight zone

Curried Goat with rice and peas

yep. old enough to have had home-ec in middle school (still have the duffel bag I made from 7th grade)

>thinking?

i don't know if this has ever occurred

yep. used to have a very strong desire to go on Jeopardy

we were poor, so no. As jacked up as my teeth are today I probably should have

>up?

3 things: alive (my dad died when i was 13 at 32), rich (again: we were poor) and not addicted to anything (grew up around way too many alkeys and baseheads)

SuiteLady
16194 posts
Sat Dec-14-19 06:11 PM

40. "Dear Selah:"
In response to Reply # 25

If I had ever had a girl child, her name would have been either Selah or Savannah.

I love that dream story story.

Take care,

SuiteLady

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Mon Dec-09-19 12:06 PM

28. "RE: 16 Questions with SuiteLady"
In response to Reply # 0

=myself, for 'goin back to school'; I'm only taking ONE class but it's a LOT. Feel like I'm setting a good example for my children.

=probly one of my uncles.

=can't name one specifically, but it's definitely British

=I'm big on Martinelli's Sparkling Apple Cider

=clam chowder with shrimp in it.

= in my living room gettin ready for work at a military contractor..I was a temp. Them dudes were CRYING. It was quite somber.

= pretty much.

= maybe last year. I typically get the symptoms (cough, OR runny nose OR sore throat) but not the whole thing

= co-worker flipped his car over in the parking lot at work, but walked away unscathed

= it used to be 'psych'

= pho (the joint with the crab meat, squid and shrimp in it)

= yes..I made a pillow in home economics

= beat street

= sometimes

= nope

16). When you were 14, what did you want to be when your grew up?

= not what I am now, and that's all I'll say about that. LOL

IG: amadu_me

"...Whateva, man..." (c) Redman

SuiteLady
16194 posts
Sat Dec-14-19 06:17 PM

41. "Dear infin8"
In response to Reply # 28

I Martinelli's Sparkling Apple Cider.

Take care,

SuiteLady

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

makaveli
Charter member
16301 posts
Mon Dec-09-19 12:23 PM

29. "RE: 16 Questions with SuiteLady"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Dec-09-19 12:26 PM by makaveli

My family
Does my niece count for this?
City of God or In the Name of the Father
Water, tea
Pho
My parent's house.
About 20% of the time.
Right now.
When I was little I dreamed that alien type people took over the
earth I was part of a rebel faction of humans, it was scary.
Rick and Morty.
Dan Dan noodles.
No.
I'll just say some movies that moved me: Little Miss
Sunshine, Beasts of the Southern Wild, Coco, St Vincent.
Yes but no longer get to do them often.
No, I had a retainer.
Probably a rapper or professional athlete.

“So back we go to these questions — friendship, character… ethics.”

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49377 posts
Sat Dec-14-19 12:00 PM

38. "RE: 16 Questions with SuiteLady"
In response to Reply # 0

I was the Keynote speaker at a MLK Brunch.

My brother

Parasite. Also love the Red, White and Blue trilogy directed by Krzysztof Kieślowski

Honest Ice Tea (mango flavor)

Chicken Soup

In NYC in law school. It was scary because a lot of folks were headed downtown for interviews, including my future wife.

I try.

Now.

>about it.

I had this dream where I was at a bar and I kept getting surprised because everyone I've ever known in my life kept showing up and I was like, what are you doing here? I am pretty sure it was what I imagine heaven is like.

Fiefly.

Curry Goat.

Yep. my mom sewed for fun. Use to make my halloween costumes. I remember when there were fabric stores in the mall.

>thinking?

I think Pulp Fiction messed with my mind about the different ways you can tell a story.

I was all regional in high school, so yeah.

yep.

>up?

Writer I think.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

Lobby General Discussion topic #13358334 Previous topic | Next topic