Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13352937

Subject: "NOT FRIDAY POAST" Previous topic | Next topic
PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Tue Oct-22-19 11:43 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"NOT FRIDAY POAST"

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
MONDAY
Oct 22nd 2019
use that health care
Oct 22nd 2019
TUESDAY
Oct 22nd 2019
are your elections as stupid as ours?
Oct 22nd 2019
not even close to as stupid as yours... imo
Oct 22nd 2019
you know these types of mornings?
Oct 22nd 2019
pretty much everyday...
Oct 22nd 2019
hope...
Oct 22nd 2019
hmmmm......
Oct 22nd 2019
1/2 hour left.... but I got nothing left in me
Oct 22nd 2019
      I know the feeling. I always go for a walk outside the last 30-45 minute...
Oct 23rd 2019
      Noped out of the office first thing this morning
Oct 23rd 2019
WEDNESDAY
Oct 23rd 2019
My Thursday!!! (aka-the pre-kend)
Oct 23rd 2019
finally heard back from the de la soul store
Oct 23rd 2019
RE: finally heard back from the de la soul store
Oct 23rd 2019
thats what my wallet said
Oct 23rd 2019
man when you start counting $$$
Oct 23rd 2019
      i should get renters insurance
Oct 23rd 2019
           yup.. tha debil.
Oct 23rd 2019
           awww you should definitely get renters insurance
Oct 23rd 2019
Taking some days off around this weekend
Oct 23rd 2019
yeah I'm going a bit banner myself.
Oct 23rd 2019
feeling like shit today.
Oct 23rd 2019
      arguably the best part about being a guy... none of that...
Oct 23rd 2019
At a conference in Asheville.
Oct 23rd 2019
Bruv...I used to DJ in Asheville for the cheap, just to be there.
Oct 23rd 2019
It’s a dope lil town. Didn’t realize it was so close to Charlotte
Oct 23rd 2019
      It's really nice for a weekend or even just a day trip.
Oct 23rd 2019
haven't been anywhere new in a minute myself
Oct 23rd 2019
Charlotte's downtown seems very walkable, just doesn't have...
Oct 24th 2019
      Yes. Uptown is walkable but the retail sucks
Oct 24th 2019
THURSDAY
Oct 24th 2019
https://sep.yimg.com/ay/yhst-94387763560218/found-the-cheese-card-77.jpg
Oct 24th 2019
yikes
Oct 24th 2019
it's a riot.
Oct 24th 2019
anybody around? slow day on the boards. and that's saying a lot. nm.
Oct 24th 2019
all activity is on buttons and yang lol
Oct 24th 2019
I have a new job...
Oct 24th 2019
      aw sheeet
Oct 24th 2019
      Congrats.. trust no one. They will throw your ass under it too
Oct 25th 2019
      congrats!
Oct 25th 2019

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Tue Oct-22-19 11:45 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "MONDAY"
In response to Reply # 0

pretty sure I must be dying.. I get sick far too often... get a ton of sick days at my job and I've pretty much worked through them... sitting here at work now ontuesday still sick dizzy n stuff weeeeee...

we had an election....the CBC had already called it less than 10 minutes after the polls in my riding closed.. lol .. typical... see you guys are still working on having yours or something down there..

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16414 posts
Tue Oct-22-19 11:59 AM

3. "use that health care"
In response to Reply # 1

i had like 12 tabs open of records i wanted to buy yesterday. luckily it turned 5 pm before i actually bought any. i did buy some used ones on reddit. asked for pictures this time. supposedly theyre not used to people wanting to see pictures of the records themselves, just the jackets.

i got exodus, bustas ELE, EWF all in all and then you shoot your cousin on the way. i paid i think $45 for all 4.

i was going to get hard to earn too but it was the respect the classics edition which didnt seem to have good reviews on discogs so i skipped on it. i listened to baduizm which is the respects the classics edition. it sounded like nothing but bass and vocals. not the worst pressing ive heard but wouldnt call it great either. i listened to the first disc of mamas gun and that sounded good. i think im going to listen to at least a disc of baduizm again. i dont know if thats how the respect the classics editions are. some are good some arent?

i also listened to the purple rain record i got. sounded pretty good, some snaps here and there. this is confession wednesday but i think this was the first prince album i listened to. i think ive only heard individual songs before. this kind of made me "get it" in regards to prince.

work is...slow. put together a case for buying some equipment/software. im 50/50 on getting it. would mean more work and responsibility for me lol the way things are trending i think it makes sense to get it.

looks like i might be moving pretty soon. dont know if i should plan to pay one more full month or try to go for a partial month and get out before november ends. im halfway hoping the landlord would agree to just reduce the rent to avoid having to actually move lol. im meh on the house but not sure how much ill actually save by moving.

that might be all lol

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Tue Oct-22-19 11:47 AM

2. "TUESDAY"
In response to Reply # 0

yeah... at work.. post election.. running a fever i think.. feeling like my hands are "two baloons"...

got work to do tho so.. ima do it.

mista k5
16414 posts
Tue Oct-22-19 12:01 PM

4. "are your elections as stupid as ours?"
In response to Reply # 2

was the black face thing as big a deal over there as over here? didnt really hear about it after that first week.

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Tue Oct-22-19 12:15 PM

5. "not even close to as stupid as yours... imo"
In response to Reply # 4

the blackface thing... like I really want to touch that... but yeah it hurt him not as much as it would've down there probably but I think it not being the atom bomb that destroyed him had more to do with the fact that the alternative to the man is so extremely douchey than anything else... neither of them are any good but such is politics.

mista k5
16414 posts
Tue Oct-22-19 01:12 PM

6. "you know these types of mornings?"
In response to Reply # 2

https://www.reddit.com/r/IdiotsInCars/comments/dlcfhv/this_idiot_took_a_turn_too_fast_trying_to_beat/

gotta keep chugging along

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Tue Oct-22-19 03:41 PM

7. "pretty much everyday..."
In response to Reply # 6

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Tue Oct-22-19 05:24 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
8. "hope..."
In response to Reply # 2

“a feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen“...

in came another reroute
Im in my head...

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Tue Oct-22-19 06:02 PM

9. "hmmmm...... "
In response to Reply # 8

I can't get out of mine.

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Tue Oct-22-19 06:29 PM

10. "1/2 hour left.... but I got nothing left in me"
In response to Reply # 2

I can barely stand to sit any longer even... argh~!

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13573 posts
Wed Oct-23-19 07:37 AM

11. "I know the feeling. I always go for a walk outside the last 30-45 minute..."
In response to Reply # 10

The last hour in my job is a perfect storm of noise. Chick behind me starts whistling. All the ADHD folks on my floor walk back and forth nonstop. Mugs slamming on desks. Spoons on bowls. The crinkle of a bag of chips. The loud typing.

Gotta leave before get like this: https://media2.giphy.com/media/p8ZM0A5XqjtYs/source.gif

flipnile
13573 posts
Wed Oct-23-19 08:25 AM

12. "Noped out of the office first thing this morning"
In response to Reply # 10
Wed Oct-23-19 08:27 AM by flipnile

The loud typer was in. Believe it or not, he's LOUDER than this: https://youtu.be/4u8un166yx8?t=20

More like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDR_ydCmAN8

Nah. Not listening to that shit for 7 hours.

Over in the back of a conference room sitting in on a training (not mine). Easier to work in a literal meeting going on behind me than in my office.

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Wed Oct-23-19 11:28 AM

13. "WEDNESDAY"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Oct-23-19 11:29 AM by PG

gotta go to the dentist this afternoon...

I'm feeling like:

https://66.media.tumblr.com/0421dfe73f63da3478a00241702cf9d2/tumblr_oii9zsPudh1vnrg74o1_400.gifv

wednesday be like:

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/enhanced/webdr05/2013/6/27/19/anigif_enhanced-buzz-21107-1372374711-1.gif

tully_blanchard
Charter member
6902 posts
Wed Oct-23-19 12:13 PM

14. "My Thursday!!! (aka-the pre-kend)"
In response to Reply # 13

Punching work in the mouth today...actually feeling pretty good!

Was downstairs getting lunch just now and ran into a lady I met record shopping a couple months ago (she remembered that i own NO Michael Jackson solo albums), so we exchanged info.

Going home to practice a little bit more. I havent Dj'd for 5 hours straight in a couple of years, so this should be interesting.

One more day til' Moonchild!

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

#2dopebrothersandastackofwax

https://www.instagram.com/bobgeorge87

https://www.instagram.com/thirtythree.three/

mista k5
16414 posts
Wed Oct-23-19 12:19 PM

16. "finally heard back from the de la soul store"

record is shipping on friday. i was thinking of calling to cancel and just order it on amazon.

got the black beans record in yesterday. finished listening to mamas gun then switched to first disc of this. really good sounding pressing.

also, i now have 30 albums with a median value of $700 (minimum $400). uhm what? yeah i need to chill.

tully_blanchard
Charter member
6902 posts
Wed Oct-23-19 12:24 PM

18. "RE: finally heard back from the de la soul store"
In response to Reply # 16

Glad they're shipping you on Friday.

How long you been buying? You been killin' it!

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

mista k5
16414 posts
Wed Oct-23-19 12:27 PM

20. "thats what my wallet said"
In response to Reply # 18

>You been killin' it!
>

i think i bought the first ones in the middle of august. so yeah not a sustainable rate.

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Wed Oct-23-19 01:14 PM

26. "man when you start counting $$$"
In response to Reply # 16

I can't even begin.... suffice it to say I likely don't have enough house insurance.

mista k5
16414 posts
Wed Oct-23-19 02:51 PM

28. "i should get renters insurance"
In response to Reply # 26

the value of it is what it is. im really blown away that i have spent so much...so soon. if i had not looked on discogs i would think i spent around $300. im pretty sure its a lot closer to $700.

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Wed Oct-23-19 03:04 PM

29. "yup.. tha debil."
In response to Reply # 28

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/KindBoldKiskadee-size_restricted.gif

shygurl
Member since Oct 08th 2002
13361 posts
Wed Oct-23-19 04:20 PM

30. "awww you should definitely get renters insurance"
In response to Reply # 28

Even without the records, you never know what will happen and it's protection against the unknown. Plus it's super cheap, particularly if you pair it with your car insurance.

I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.

— F. Scott Fitzgerald

flipnile
13573 posts
Wed Oct-23-19 12:27 PM

19. "Taking some days off around this weekend"

Been like this the past few weeks: https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-R29lCwOL9G0/Urx70helW2I/AAAAAAAAzzM/58gTpOowm7s/s1600/Bill-Bixby-04.jpg

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Wed Oct-23-19 12:36 PM

21. "yeah I'm going a bit banner myself."
In response to Reply # 19

shygurl
Member since Oct 08th 2002
13361 posts
Wed Oct-23-19 12:50 PM

24. "feeling like shit today."

Woke up like, "I am in a terrible mood and am going to be mean as shit to everybody today."

Went to the bathroom 45 mins ago and it was like...oh. Now I know why I feel so bad. *punches uterus*

I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.

— F. Scott Fitzgerald

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Wed Oct-23-19 01:12 PM

25. "arguably the best part about being a guy... none of that..."
In response to Reply # 24

you have my sympathy.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79600 posts
Wed Oct-23-19 12:18 PM

15. "At a conference in Asheville. "
In response to Reply # 0

Went to Wicked Weed Brewery for dinner. Shit was GOOT.

Walked around for a bit before calling it a night. Great little artsy city but noooo Black people. I wish Charlotte has this type of walkability downtown with a bunch of artsy stores and galleries.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

tully_blanchard
Charter member
6902 posts
Wed Oct-23-19 12:22 PM

17. "Bruv...I used to DJ in Asheville for the cheap, just to be there."
In response to Reply # 15

That was my first (and only) time staying in a hostel (The Sweet Pea). It's gotten soooooooooo expensive the past couple of years though.

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

legsdiamond
79600 posts
Wed Oct-23-19 12:37 PM

22. "It’s a dope lil town. Didn’t realize it was so close to Charlotte"
In response to Reply # 17

we always say we will come up for a weekend to kick it and hit up some galleries and craft shops

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

tully_blanchard
Charter member
6902 posts
Wed Oct-23-19 12:46 PM

23. "It's really nice for a weekend or even just a day trip."
In response to Reply # 22

I need to get back up that way.

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Wed Oct-23-19 02:23 PM

27. "haven't been anywhere new in a minute myself"

need to get out of town soon or something.

flipnile
13573 posts
Thu Oct-24-19 07:59 AM

31. "Charlotte's downtown seems very walkable, just doesn't have..."

...all the little stores & shops.

I like how the basketball stadium is right downtown.

legsdiamond
79600 posts
Thu Oct-24-19 10:24 AM

32. "Yes. Uptown is walkable but the retail sucks"
In response to Reply # 31

It’s bars and restaurants.

South End is developing nicely and there are going to add another mixed use retail spot in one of the Wards.

I’m not mad at the direction Charlotte is heading.

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Thu Oct-24-19 11:39 AM

33. "THURSDAY"
In response to Reply # 0

back to the dentist tomorrow and again on Tuesday.

lost a ton of play money at poker last night.

work got me in it's grips too.

lol.

feel the pressure... squeezing.

time to rip asunder.

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Thu Oct-24-19 12:25 PM

34. "https://sep.yimg.com/ay/yhst-94387763560218/found-the-cheese-card-77.jpg"
In response to Reply # 33

https://sep.yimg.com/ay/yhst-94387763560218/found-the-cheese-card-77.jpg

mista k5
16414 posts
Thu Oct-24-19 01:06 PM

35. "yikes"

i dont like going to the dentist. at all. good luck with that.

i have two office phones on my desk now. our IT department is the greatest (if youre reading this, its not sarcasm). i think we originally were moving to the new phones/systems last week. instead they just left the phone on our desk and today they came by to set them up. not switching over for two more weeks. for now we get to hear both of them ring (yeah ill probably turn down the volume on one).

got three records in last night, that was quick. i think they shipped out monday. trying to figure out which version of all in all i got was not fun and im not 100% sure on the one i picked on discogs. oh well.

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Thu Oct-24-19 02:59 PM

36. "it's a riot."
In response to Reply # 35

https://media.giphy.com/media/4TZyiljIaHIyc/giphy.gif

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Thu Oct-24-19 05:23 PM

37. "anybody around? slow day on the boards. and that's saying a lot. nm."

mista k5
16414 posts
Thu Oct-24-19 05:45 PM

38. "all activity is on buttons and yang lol"
In response to Reply # 37

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Thu Oct-24-19 10:27 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
39. "I have a new job..."

I’m amazed at my new colleagues
amazed how they throw each other under the bus to put the new girl on

I wanna own a bed and breakfast

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Thu Oct-24-19 10:41 PM

40. "aw sheeet "
In response to Reply # 39

the hustle wasn't cutting it.. now you gotta deal with an office or what not like me n folk.. fuck no. at least your new crew throwing you new blood bones. still watch for that dam bus... ugh.

I keep dreamin of a way out of here... maybe I should let someone throw me under the bus.

legsdiamond
79600 posts
Fri Oct-25-19 09:00 AM

41. "Congrats.. trust no one. They will throw your ass under it too "

mista k5
16414 posts
Fri Oct-25-19 09:33 AM

42. "congrats!"

Lobby General Discussion topic #13352937 Previous topic | Next topic