Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13352922

Subject: "Hello, privilege. It’s me, Chelsea (Netflix)" Previous topic | Next topic
Dstl1
Charter member
56230 posts
Tue Oct-22-19 10:02 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Hello, privilege. It’s me, Chelsea (Netflix)"

Anyone seen this yet? Just watched it. I admit that I don’t know anything about Chelsea Handler, so I don’t know the level of sincerity. It was interesting, though.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
We watched it. Not sure how I feel about it
Oct 22nd 2019
Yep...she ate them words quick as fuck...
Oct 22nd 2019
      Yeah. I felt bad for her ex tho
Oct 22nd 2019
           Yes she did
Oct 22nd 2019
           Yeah. It had a “I know Black people”
Oct 22nd 2019
           Like ol girl said at the spot she went to to speak...
Oct 22nd 2019
           thought she said pregnant twice
Oct 22nd 2019

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79600 posts
Tue Oct-22-19 12:00 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "We watched it. Not sure how I feel about it"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Oct-22-19 12:02 PM by legsdiamond

It didn’t feel sincere.

The old boyfriend was interesting tho. put him on blast but I think most women in her position wouldn’t put that on film.

What was really crazy tho was the 3 housewives. One of them looked Latino and almost admitted something but she walked it back quick fast when her friends were like “so what are you saying Karen? You think there is white privilege?”

Karen: “Oh noooo! I didn’t mean that”

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Dstl1
Charter member
56230 posts
Tue Oct-22-19 12:04 PM

2. "Yep...she ate them words quick as fuck..."
In response to Reply # 1

It did seem like there was genuine love between her and the exboyfriend/his family.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

legsdiamond
79600 posts
Tue Oct-22-19 01:07 PM

3. "Yeah. I felt bad for her ex tho"
In response to Reply # 2

Dude just getting out of jail and she has a camera in his face like “what you been up to?”

She made him official tho, I’m sure he’s prolly told a few folks that he used to get down with her, the one on Tv and they didn’t believe him.

Did she even admit to being pregnant by him?

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

sectachrome86
Member since Dec 22nd 2007
2729 posts
Tue Oct-22-19 03:53 PM

4. "Yes she did"
In response to Reply # 3

I thought it was an interesting watch at times, but I don't think it really hit like she was probably intending it to. Felt like she was kind of patting herself on the back by making the doc.

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.soundcloud.com/sectachrome

legsdiamond
79600 posts
Tue Oct-22-19 04:02 PM

5. "Yeah. It had a “I know Black people”"
In response to Reply # 4

She didn’t push back at people who had shitty views... so they could really show their asses.

Dstl1
Charter member
56230 posts
Tue Oct-22-19 04:53 PM

6. "Like ol girl said at the spot she went to to speak..."
In response to Reply # 4

“You being able to make a documentary is privilege”

Dstl1
Charter member
56230 posts
Tue Oct-22-19 04:53 PM

7. "thought she said pregnant twice"
In response to Reply # 3

Lobby General Discussion topic #13352922 Previous topic | Next topic