Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13350711

Subject: "FRIDAY - "Remember only you can prevent forest fires"" Previous topic | Next topic
PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Oct-04-19 11:20 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"FRIDAY - "Remember only you can prevent forest fires""

wrong smokey... "AND YOU KNOW THIS MAN!" right smokey

for right or wrong here we are... FRIDAY. finally. got at least one kid showing up tomorrow.. got a grip of stuff to get done gonna have to pick some.... sleeping will be one.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
sleep is good
Oct 04th 2019
lol that's a helluvalota t-shirt pressure...
Oct 04th 2019
      get some tacos today man
Oct 04th 2019
           couple years back
Oct 04th 2019
           re tacos
Oct 04th 2019
                its a sign
Oct 04th 2019
                     lol
Oct 04th 2019
Going to my cousin's wedding this weekend in Brooklyn
Oct 04th 2019
I've only been once
Oct 04th 2019
on a meeting call... may be work from home opportunities
Oct 04th 2019
ooo i would do much more for work from home than for tacos
Oct 04th 2019
      50+ folks in the meeting
Oct 04th 2019
           thats how i feel whenever i have gone to church
Oct 04th 2019
post tacos thoughts
Oct 04th 2019
How'd that other deal work out?
Oct 04th 2019
      all records are on the way
Oct 04th 2019
           Yeah, that was the one...the reddit deal
Oct 04th 2019
                i think he got offended at the initial low ball offer
Oct 07th 2019
12 more minutes and it's officially Fri-yay!
Oct 04th 2019
lol
Oct 04th 2019
I’m the old person...
Oct 04th 2019
you got a rocker?
Oct 04th 2019
      Im a recliner kind of girl...
Oct 04th 2019

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16412 posts
Fri Oct-04-19 11:29 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "sleep is good"
In response to Reply # 0

woke up to a good amount of rain. i dont really have outfits for rain and using an umbrella seems silly. just sprinted in and out of my car as quickly as possible.

we usually get flooding in august, this year it was really dry in august. this past month has rained a lot though.

free tacos friday today. im excited for tacos, trying to think how i can avoid socializing while eating said tacos. they gave us some tshirts a couple of weeks back, told us to wear them today. send a reminder email for us to wear them today. had a meeting, reminded us to wear them. im really not a go with the crowd type of dude.

then last night my office mate sends a text to our group to remind us to wear the shirt. i almost right then decided to not wear it. i did wear it though.

the things i do for tacos.

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Oct-04-19 11:37 AM

2. "lol that's a helluvalota t-shirt pressure..."
In response to Reply # 1

that'd be real hard.. my antisocial opposition defiant nature would require real mastery to keep under wraps...

man umbrellas aren't bad.. get a good one... seriously it beats being damp at your desk all day... plus where I live w get a lot of rain so it's gear and umbrellas for good half the year or more.

tacos.. man it's 9:37 I'm still drinking my coffee but now I want tacos ffs. lol

mista k5
16412 posts
Fri Oct-04-19 11:41 AM

3. "get some tacos today man"
In response to Reply # 2

i really need to find good gear for rain that i could use for going to work. all i have is hoodies.

i need something that is lighter and goes well with business casual. today i guess any old hoodie would have worked as its just tshirt and jeans.

i have an umbrella. its just...i dont know it rarely rains enough here. its more for when i travel.

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Oct-04-19 11:47 AM

5. "couple years back "
In response to Reply # 3

at one of those sale joints like winners or something I found a super light non descript nike golf rainsuit... pants and jacket... they aren't like wearing full rubber outfit or anything but it's like a full windbreaker suit and keep you pretty dam dry in a pinch.. gotten a fair amount of use out of them. and loose and baggy enough I can toss it on over a suit if I need etc.

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Oct-04-19 12:21 PM

7. "re tacos"
In response to Reply # 3

these just popped up in a feed lol...

https://peewee.com/2019/10/04/neat-things-to-hold-your-tacos/?fbclid=IwAR0IxnpJMOeY29qcVgK2Ji4AQwhOrd9ZfnXyL72DT_6KQ-yXatHs0JTy7BU

mista k5
16412 posts
Fri Oct-04-19 12:26 PM

8. "its a sign"
In response to Reply # 7

you must oblige

ill have my coworker text you a reminder

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Oct-04-19 12:39 PM

9. "lol"
In response to Reply # 8

& send me a t-shirt...

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13565 posts
Fri Oct-04-19 11:47 AM

4. "Going to my cousin's wedding this weekend in Brooklyn"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Oct-04-19 11:48 AM by flipnile

Not really looking forward to the overnight trip. Just don't like NYC that much, especially on the weekends. Wedding should be cool. Going to skip on everything else. Going to wake up early on Sunday and bounce back to Philly so I can watch the Eagles game in a sane place.

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Oct-04-19 11:52 AM

6. "I've only been once"
In response to Reply # 4

and while it was interesting I was not impressed with any of the food I came across... probably just bad luck but it seemed like even when I just wanted a snack like a bag of doritos could event find that ish?

that's not right... it's just me I'm sure.. I mean it's NYC.. they got normal stuff too right?

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Oct-04-19 03:22 PM

10. "on a meeting call... may be work from home opportunities"
In response to Reply # 0

in the future... though they really talked it down like don't expect to be able to meet the criteria.. man I guess it gives me a goal here at least.

mista k5
16412 posts
Fri Oct-04-19 03:26 PM

11. "ooo i would do much more for work from home than for tacos"
In response to Reply # 10

i hope youre able to get it

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Oct-04-19 03:35 PM

12. "50+ folks in the meeting"
In response to Reply # 11

and it felt like they were talking directly to me with all the "don't get your hopes up" talk... lol... but i'll figure it out or get off my ass and find it somewhere else....

mista k5
16412 posts
Fri Oct-04-19 03:49 PM

14. "thats how i feel whenever i have gone to church"
In response to Reply # 12

why is the preacher talking about me?? how does he know???

mista k5
16412 posts
Fri Oct-04-19 03:47 PM

13. "post tacos thoughts"
In response to Reply # 0

ended up going a bit late to the lunch. this meant basically only the people that were coordinating the lunch were eating. this was mostly HR.

while were eating they have some music playing. sounded like boring safe pop radio. then all of a sudden we hear:

"who the hell do you think i am?
i dont care about your f***** instagram"

no censors lol

turned out to be a quick lunch so i went to my car to relax until i had to return.

im probably booking my flights to visit moms for her bday in december. waiting on one of my brothers to confirm if hes going to go so we can pick the same flights. the prices are really good, $200 round trip. wont have to deal with houston summer either?? awesome.

not much planned for the weekend. i really should get that oil change this weekend. probably watch john wick 2. hopefully the cowboys win sunday. i even have something to look forward to on monday, 3 feet high and rising vinyl comes in.

tully_blanchard
Charter member
6902 posts
Fri Oct-04-19 04:26 PM

16. "How'd that other deal work out?"
In response to Reply # 13

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

#2dopebrothersandastackofwax

https://www.instagram.com/thirtythree.three/

The Greatest Story (N)ever Told (finished)
http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id

mista k5
16412 posts
Fri Oct-04-19 04:31 PM

17. "all records are on the way"
In response to Reply # 16
Fri Oct-04-19 04:34 PM by mista k5

get 3 feet high on monday and the rest on wednesday.

actually only record i have ordered online that im still waiting on shipping information is the one i bought from de la souls website. go figure.

if youre referring to the electric circus, badu and de la soul is dead (i think it was)...no reply. i had decided i was only going to order eletric circus from him if he did reply.

tully_blanchard
Charter member
6902 posts
Fri Oct-04-19 10:57 PM

22. "Yeah, that was the one...the reddit deal"
In response to Reply # 17

That's wack...smh..oh well..

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

mista k5
16412 posts
Mon Oct-07-19 10:00 AM

23. "i think he got offended at the initial low ball offer"
In response to Reply # 22

that amount is what i would have been comfortable though so no ragerts.

tully_blanchard
Charter member
6902 posts
Fri Oct-04-19 04:26 PM

15. "12 more minutes and it's officially Fri-yay!"
In response to Reply # 0

11 now..

Gonna go home and practice mixing a lil bit. Going home and hitting a couple of events got me wanting to jump back in a little bit. The Kid is at her homegirls for a lil bit..we'll prolly watch a scary movie or something when she gets back.

Tomorrow is "The Joker". Gonna Uber a lil bit in the morning then take The Kid to see that. After that? No idea. I need to be studying for this Sleep Technician certification I need.

Sunday? Uber a lil more, try to watch the Panthers somewhere, then my homeboy got the URL PPV jumping off at his crib, so I'm going over for that.

Order a "Born Ruffians" album for The Kids bday...ordered a Prince album I didnt have and made my VMP selection (Little Simz), may go back to the shitty store to see if he got my shit in that he was supposed to order.

PG-softball season is over fam...they had one home game and two away games. The home...we were about to cross paths but one of The Kids friends moms stepped up and started talking to me...so she kept walking. Sorry fam..lol..

A friend I met in Charlotte is gonna be here Wednesday..bringing her daughter and a friend to a concert two miles from my house. We've already made plans to link up, so I'll be looking forward to Wednesday like crazy.

4 more minutes...shit..

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Oct-04-19 05:21 PM

18. "lol"
In response to Reply # 15

my heart cries for her man.. she knew that was gonna be her last shot this year too.. got all checked when someone flooded the zone... couldn't make the play with the route blocked like that.. smdh.

the rest all sounds good.. have a good weekend... i got 1.5hrs left or so still...*rolls neck*

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Fri Oct-04-19 05:25 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
19. "I’m the old person..."
In response to Reply # 0

the “go sit your old ass down”’ old and that’s ok with me.

/
my weekend,
I’m making new candles out of old candles
making favors for my GD bday party
and chillin
no kids
no lover
livin the dream

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Oct-04-19 05:30 PM

20. "you got a rocker?"
In response to Reply # 19

we used to have nice old wood one but it got swiped off our porch.... I could sit the hell out of one of those right now.

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Fri Oct-04-19 05:40 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
21. "Im a recliner kind of girl..."
In response to Reply # 20

imma tell the GKs

be well

Lobby General Discussion topic #13350711 Previous topic | Next topic