Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13346122

Subject: "Neighborhood List serv sh!t...." Previous topic | Next topic
FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44604 posts
Wed Sep-04-19 05:20 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Neighborhood List serv sh!t...."

I need a space where I can reply with ultimate snark and disdain to these clowns that post absurdities on our neighborhood listserv...
They're generally good neighbors..but BOY they can be dense and simple sometimes....

"Get ready....for your blessing....."
"Bury me by my Grand-Grand and when you can come follow me"

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
09/03/2019 2:38pm: Lost Cat
Sep 04th 2019
Exactly
Sep 04th 2019
I'm on Nextdoor
Sep 04th 2019
ive gotten a 48 hour ban on Nextdoor at least 6 times
Sep 04th 2019
You got to speak up for Brah on this one. Pretend it's OKP.
Sep 04th 2019
Right, the owner who posted the video stood up for him.
Sep 04th 2019
Here's the most recent one
Sep 04th 2019
DC gentrifiers are the worst....
Sep 04th 2019
I mean... unless she is lying I don’t see the problem
Sep 04th 2019
Right, nothing wrong with her post in its spirit, but...
Sep 04th 2019
Entitlement, bruh. No rational person would think this:
Sep 04th 2019
The event happend in a gas station's parking lot
Sep 04th 2019
Wait, I dont understand yall. What's wrong with this post?
Sep 04th 2019
      mostly the reactions
Sep 04th 2019
           It sounds like the people were trying to comfort the woman.
Sep 04th 2019
                Maybe, but my point is
Sep 04th 2019
                     I kinda get where you are going with this
Sep 05th 2019
                     I mean, do you think she is making it up?
Sep 05th 2019
                          no
Sep 11th 2019
                          It's hyperbole
Sep 11th 2019
I refuse to fck w/Nextdoor. Our hood is on the traditional yahoo joint
Sep 04th 2019
I'm on Nextdoor. My neighborhood isn't gentrified, so...
Sep 04th 2019
We have a facebook group and the idiocy posted there reminds me
Sep 04th 2019
Reading NextDoor makes me hate where I live
Sep 04th 2019
being on the internet makes me hate everybody. but word, NextDoor
Sep 12th 2019
Classic post on NextDoor
Sep 04th 2019

FLUIDJ
44604 posts
Wed Sep-04-19 05:23 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "09/03/2019 2:38pm: Lost Cat"
In response to Reply # 0

-We seem to have lost our cat Dippy. We have looked everywhere and believe he must have gotten out. He is white with a black tail and some black markings on his back and head. If you've seen him please let me know.

09/03/2019 9:48pm: Re:Lost Cat:
We found our curious cat after 3 days in a neighbor’s garage that had been opened and closed. Check your garages!

Sent from my iPhone

FLUIDJ's Take:
Muhfucka....CHECK YO CAT! How is YOUR cat MY responsibility?

Cam
Charter member
13286 posts
Wed Sep-04-19 10:42 AM

3. "Exactly"
In response to Reply # 1

Cam
Charter member
13286 posts
Wed Sep-04-19 10:41 AM

2. "I'm on Nextdoor"
In response to Reply # 0

These silly motherfuckers outrage me nearly every time I read their posts.

Some fool left a capitol bikeshare bike unlocked/undocked in front of someone's house he was visiting...and was amazed it was gone when he came back out. All the comments were about 'shady people' in the neighborhood and photos/hypotheticals of suspects (all black) based on gut feelings.

Another one was Ring video footage of a brother walking his dog noticing some kids stealing mail, yelling at them, them dropping it, him gathering it and putting it back in the neighbor's mailbox. There were comments of people complaining that that good brother's dog took a piss in the yard of the neighbor, whose mail he was returning--while he was returning it.

I haven't found being on it useful at all.

RobOne4
Member since Jun 06th 2003
56697 posts
Wed Sep-04-19 10:45 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "ive gotten a 48 hour ban on Nextdoor at least 6 times"
In response to Reply # 2

i just troll the old people. They complain about nonsense. Its fucking horrible. But they always take the bait when i lay into them. The last time I was banned for going off on the idiots that complained about all the car break ins. But every single time it was people leaving their cars unlocked and street parking. Apparently they should be able to park on the street in front of their house with tons of valuables in plain sight and the car unlocked and be able to get back to that car with said stuff in the morning.

November 8th, 2005 The greatest night in the history of GD!

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49333 posts
Wed Sep-04-19 10:47 AM

5. "You got to speak up for Brah on this one. Pretend it's OKP. "
In response to Reply # 2

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

Cam
Charter member
13286 posts
Wed Sep-04-19 10:56 AM

7. "Right, the owner who posted the video stood up for him."
In response to Reply # 5

Cam
Charter member
13286 posts
Wed Sep-04-19 10:52 AM

6. "Here's the most recent one"
In response to Reply # 2
Wed Sep-04-19 10:52 AM by Cam

Katie, Truxton Circle -
Violent assault at Florida/North Cap
I was assaulted by a woman outside the Valero at Florida/North Cap yesterday (Monday) at around 6:35pm. The attack was very violent. I was crossing the Valero parking lot and planned to cross Florida Ave when I noticed her. She looked strange to me so I started walking away in the opposite direction to avoid her but she spun around, lunged for me and threw me to the ground by my hair. I don't know if she was on drugs or suffering from some serious mental illness (or both), but she was completely out of control. Most of my wounds are defensive and I reportedly was able to fight back pretty well (I blacked out for part of it). She beat my head with her fists, ripped out half my hair, bit my leg and arm, and also tried to rip off my clothing (as a result they are categorizing this as a sexual assault). The police and ambulance were there within minutes and I believe that the intervention of two woman (mother and daughter) may have saved my life. I always exercise common sense and have lived in this neighborhood for 2.5 years. I no longer feel safe in this neighborhood and will be moving ASAP. Please be careful out there - she remains at large and is very dangerous. I thank God she didn't have a knife, and/or that she wasn't a man. I have reported this information to the police.

Description of person involved – Hair: Black, Top: Red or pink, Bottom: shorts, Shoes: I don't know, Age: 24-40, Build: 5'6, Race: Black, Sex: Female, Other details: chunky

Every third comment:
Linda, LeDroit Park -
I'm so sorry to hear this! I'm new to this area and this just terrifies me.

Alyssa, Gallery Place Chinatown -
Thanks for the alert. I don’t blame you for fleeing. The safe neighborhoods in this city no longer are.

Karen, Eckington -
So sorry to hear this and completely understand why you are moving. I see so many people walking the neighborhood at night alone or on streets that I know are dangerous. We need to look for each other and be vigilant at all times. Be good to yourself over the next few weeks. Heal and lots of self care.

You'd think home sale costs would dip, based on all of this alleged apparent danger they describe, instead of increasing.

FLUIDJ
44604 posts
Wed Sep-04-19 11:02 AM

9. "DC gentrifiers are the worst.... "
In response to Reply # 6

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79325 posts
Wed Sep-04-19 11:04 AM

10. "I mean... unless she is lying I don’t see the problem "
In response to Reply # 6

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Cam
Charter member
13286 posts
Wed Sep-04-19 11:22 AM

12. "Right, nothing wrong with her post in its spirit, but..."
In response to Reply # 10

Truxton Circle isn't overrun with crime.
The responses to her statement allege that it is.

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13546 posts
Wed Sep-04-19 11:18 AM

11. "Entitlement, bruh. No rational person would think this:"
In response to Reply # 6

>Most of my wounds are defensive
>I reportedly was able to fight back pretty well

lol, no she wasn't because:

>(I blacked out for part of it). She beat my head with her fists, ripped
>out half my hair, bit my leg and arm, and also tried to rip
>off my clothing (as a result they are categorizing this as a
>sexual assault).

And:

>I believe that the intervention of two woman
>(mother and daughter) may have saved my life.

b/w:

>I always exercise common sense

lol.

Cam
Charter member
13286 posts
Wed Sep-04-19 11:25 AM

13. "The event happend in a gas station's parking lot"
In response to Reply # 11

There's certainly video footage, which will lead to an eventual arrest.
I'm doubtful the her account is the entire story.

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49333 posts
Wed Sep-04-19 11:58 AM

15. "Wait, I dont understand yall. What's wrong with this post?"
In response to Reply # 6

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

Cam
Charter member
13286 posts
Wed Sep-04-19 02:02 PM

16. "mostly the reactions"
In response to Reply # 15

if anything that neighborhood is experiencing less and less crime.
those neighbors would have readers believe they are in the midst of a sudden plague of violence and illegality.

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49333 posts
Wed Sep-04-19 02:16 PM

18. "It sounds like the people were trying to comfort the woman."
In response to Reply # 16

Yall doing alot on this one.

Cam
Charter member
13286 posts
Wed Sep-04-19 02:31 PM

19. "Maybe, but my point is"
In response to Reply # 18

beyond the victim's recounting being a bit outrageous, the rampant overreaction and conclusion jumping that happens on Nextdoor.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79325 posts
Thu Sep-05-19 09:10 AM

22. "I kinda get where you are going with this"
In response to Reply # 19

At our last Christmas dinner everyone was talking about how dangerous Charlotte is and they talked about my neighborhood like it was some damn Escape from NY.

It was at that moment that I realized (not really) these folks scared af of Black folk

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49333 posts
Thu Sep-05-19 10:12 AM

23. "I mean, do you think she is making it up?"
In response to Reply # 19

Cam
Charter member
13286 posts
Wed Sep-11-19 01:57 PM

24. "no"
In response to Reply # 23

it's an anecdote.
it paints the entire neighborhood as a bastion of violent crime, based on the violent actions of one--clearly mentally ill--person, at least according to all the people on NextDoor cosigning her condemnation of the entire neighborhood.

flipnile
13546 posts
Wed Sep-11-19 02:12 PM

25. "It's hyperbole"
In response to Reply # 23

Rooted in truth by completely over-exaggerated. Like the people that claim people "can't even walk down the street anymore... it's too dangerous," but you look outside and see a grip of little kids playing, neighbors walking up and down the block talking to each other, someone trimming their hedges, etc.

I started noticing this when a lady (white) that I know decided to post a video and go off about a man fighting a woman (domestic, looked like two addicts) in the hood here in Philly. She's NEVER posted anything remotely close to being news, yet here she was completely out of character writing a long essay about the video on Facebook about "some people" are scum.

Of course the dude was black, and the lady was white.

FLUIDJ
44604 posts
Wed Sep-04-19 10:57 AM

8. "I refuse to fck w/Nextdoor. Our hood is on the traditional yahoo joint"
In response to Reply # 2
Wed Sep-04-19 10:58 AM by FLUIDJ

So it at least keeps all the merchants and advertisers at bay.
The flip side is that one of the rules is that you have to use your real name and include your street on the sig line of every message you send or it'll be rejected.
I think some people have gotten on Nextdoor and are always trying to get everyone else to joing...but i'm cool on that..waaaaay cool on that...

flipnile
13546 posts
Wed Sep-04-19 11:35 AM

14. "I'm on Nextdoor. My neighborhood isn't gentrified, so..."
In response to Reply # 0

...every so often a passive-aggressive post will show up that is what seem to be a coded racial message. Well, there are a lot of Black women on there and they don't play that shit at all. Turns into 50+ post sessions shouting that down real quick.

Other than that, Nextdoor is pretty cool. Mostly conversations about cats, car break-ins, for sale/free, plants, repair guys, etc.

select_from_where
Member since Jan 03rd 2011
4342 posts
Wed Sep-04-19 02:06 PM

17. "We have a facebook group and the idiocy posted there reminds me "
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Sep-04-19 02:07 PM by select_from_where

how dumb people are, incredible levels of incompetence from people who don't realize how dumb they are

sectachrome86
Member since Dec 22nd 2007
2729 posts
Wed Sep-04-19 04:20 PM

20. "Reading NextDoor makes me hate where I live"
In response to Reply # 0

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.soundcloud.com/sectachrome

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Thu Sep-12-19 04:09 PM

26. "being on the internet makes me hate everybody. but word, NextDoor"
In response to Reply # 20

and FB are the two main things that want to make you log off of everything.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad

JFrost1117
Member since Aug 12th 2005
23860 posts
Wed Sep-04-19 10:31 PM

21. "Classic post on NextDoor"
In response to Reply # 0

Thornton Rd food
Is that a Checkers being constructed by the Verizon store? We asked for nice food establishments and that's what they came up with?

Yes! She's on the drugs. (c) BoHagon

Lobby General Discussion topic #13346122 Previous topic | Next topic