Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13346115

Subject: "** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **" Previous topic | Next topic
Geah
Member since Feb 16th 2007
48407 posts
Tue Sep-03-19 10:57 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"

@geahuwine

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Daycare be on some bullshit
Sep 04th 2019
DAMN RIGHT
Sep 04th 2019
I'm the villain of this shit-ass fucking town.
Sep 04th 2019
Addendum:
Sep 04th 2019
awkward/strange people who used to post here are still awkward/strange
Sep 04th 2019
Wish the boards would have stayed down.
Sep 04th 2019
so fantasy football
Sep 04th 2019
Literally ever single member of my family as me for dough last week.
Sep 04th 2019
Can't crack this dating thing, man
Sep 04th 2019
Dogs in the workplace
Sep 04th 2019
WTFFFFF
Sep 05th 2019
Howling and snarling at folks?
Sep 05th 2019
      as much as I like dogs,
Sep 05th 2019
aw... HELL naw.
Sep 05th 2019
White folk, right?
Sep 05th 2019
woof
Sep 05th 2019
I caught my daughters daycare teacher gripping her up by the arm
Sep 05th 2019
I get slightly annoyed whenever I see cars with "Baby On Board" stickers
Sep 05th 2019
David Makes Man is the absolute best thing on TV right now.
Sep 05th 2019

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79585 posts
Wed Sep-04-19 11:50 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Daycare be on some bullshit"
In response to Reply # 0

Had to pick the kids up at 1PM because the power went out. When I finally got there it was back on.

Asked if I would get charged a full day and they said yup.

So I left and went home and told them I would be back in a few hours.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

EMATI
Charter member
8940 posts
Wed Sep-04-19 02:50 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "DAMN RIGHT"
In response to Reply # 1

they were probably salty too
fk all that, you asked the right questions instead of getting mad after the fact

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Wed Sep-04-19 12:19 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "I'm the villain of this shit-ass fucking town."
In response to Reply # 0

and I ain't respond to all that AOL IM stack bullshit, cause you a COON.

Good day.

Yes, I'm mad. Let's move on.

Jays | Cavs | Eagles | Sabres | Tarheels

PSN: Dr_Claw_77 | XBL: Dr Claw 077 | FB: drclaw077 | T: @drclaw77 | http://thepeoplesvault.wordpress.com

Dr Claw
132214 posts
Wed Sep-04-19 05:58 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
9. "Addendum:"
In response to Reply # 2

I saw coon_grapes came out of hiding.

Hold this L.

PSN: Dr_Claw_77 | XBL: Dr Claw 077 | FB: drclaw077 | T: @drclaw77 | http://thepeoplesvault.wordpress.com

atruhead
Charter member
85230 posts
Wed Sep-04-19 01:37 PM

3. "awkward/strange people who used to post here are still awkward/strange"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Sep-04-19 01:37 PM by atruhead

this goes for men and women alike

bentagain
Member since Mar 19th 2008
16595 posts
Wed Sep-04-19 03:02 PM

5. "Wish the boards would have stayed down."
In response to Reply # 0

---------------------------------------------------------------

If you can't understand it without an explanation

you can't understand it with an explanation

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16414 posts
Wed Sep-04-19 04:07 PM

6. "so fantasy football"
In response to Reply # 0

anyone still doing this? i got three teams over the weekend. looking to do another tonight. maybe i shouldnt lol

also, glad we got zeke signed!

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49401 posts
Wed Sep-04-19 04:56 PM

7. "Literally ever single member of my family as me for dough last week. "
In response to Reply # 0

It has got to be my fault. I must be moving the wrong way and got people thinking I got it like that.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

snacks
Member since Sep 15th 2005
5814 posts
Wed Sep-04-19 05:34 PM

8. "Can't crack this dating thing, man"
In response to Reply # 0

Ever since my divorce, it's been L after L. I'm at a place where I don't necessarily need to get married again, but I've acknowledged the human need for affection and companionship, so I try to leave myself open to the possibility

Recently met someone a few months ago. We had gotten to a point where things were progressing at a great place, and a few weeks ago, we agreed to be exclusive. The energy got weird, and last week, she said that adding the titles made her uneasy and she realized she needed to go back to counseling. She said she still has issues that she needed to work on from her previous marriage and was going back to therapy, etc etc. We agreed to take a step back

It didn't hit me until a few days after, but it kinda let the air out for me. For the most part, she's been acting the way she was before we made it official. I still "like" her, but the feelings aren't nearly as strong as they were before

Whether there's someone else or she was being 100 w me ... makes no difference to me at this point. I will have a convo w her soon and see where she's at and go from there. Just seemed like it was much "easier" before when I was married to my college sweetheart and now everything is so fleeting. Game is the game

The Brand Pod
https://www.youtube.com/@themonarchbrand
https://feeds.buzzsprout.com/2023071.rss

The Life Pod
https://www.youtube.com/@thewaterpodcast
https://redcircle.com/shows/the-water-podcast

SuiteLady
Member since Oct 19th 2004
16194 posts
Wed Sep-04-19 11:11 PM

10. "Dogs in the workplace"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Sep-04-19 11:13 PM by SuiteLady

My coworker and I complained to HR today. There are roughly 8 people who bring 9 different dogs to work in a place with 77 employees. One of the dogs doesn't like men. The owner admits this! This dog was howling at the male maintenance worker this morning. Then a coworker on my team was trying to get to a nearby office and the dog snapped at him, so he turned around and came back downstairs. Now, we work in IT. We cannot just stay in our area to avoid the dogs. And even if we did stay in our quad we couldn't avoid them. People walk them around the building everywhere they go. The jump on us, follow us, bark at us. One coworker even comes into the IT office and sits down to work on things with the damn dog - no lease or anything. It is just out of hand. The primary question we had when we went to HR was 'who is liable if one of us gets bitten?' We found out that we cannot claim workers comp but some other insurance policy that the company has would cover it. It was phrased like 'we have enough insurance to cover it.' Then we were told that if a dog is threatening us and we have support ticket come in that causes us to come in contact with that dog we can tell our manager that we don't feel comfortable for those reasons and the ticket becomes his responsibility at that point. They also said they would see about a policy change. *sigh* It is like we are the mailmen of the company.

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

"Love is never any better than the lover" Toni Morrison (The Bluest Eye)

jdub1313
Charter member
4732 posts
Thu Sep-05-19 09:30 AM

13. "WTFFFFF"
In response to Reply # 10

i might not be built for the future of corp environments. and I fucking love dogs.

Dogs at work?? what the fuck for? hate it for you.

legsdiamond
79585 posts
Thu Sep-05-19 09:57 AM

15. "Howling and snarling at folks? "
In response to Reply # 13

I had to drop off a proof at a nice little ad agency that had a huge old ass St Bernard roaming around growling and shut.

I’m sure once he gets to know you he would be cool but I’m not trying to walk the halls like a gotdamn mailman walking down the street.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

tariqhu
Charter member
17889 posts
Thu Sep-05-19 02:26 PM

19. "as much as I like dogs,"
In response to Reply # 15

this shit is outta hand. tired of seeing dogs at the mall and home depot.

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

Dr Claw
132214 posts
Thu Sep-05-19 09:57 AM

14. "aw... HELL naw."

I was done when I read the headline.

I don't really wanna be nowhere where that many dogs are. Especially at no fuckin' job.

I guess that's another confession.

BlakStaar
Member since May 29th 2002
1261 posts
Thu Sep-05-19 01:03 PM

17. "White folk, right?"
In response to Reply # 14

My company is working with a contractor to build a website for a special project. When I visited the firm’s office for the first time, the dog was running around and in between our legs at the conference table.

Issa no for me, dog. (No pun)

--
"Music is not to be possessed; it's to be shared.” - James Mtume

"Just stay loose, keep it raw, and bang ya drums out sometimes." - Madlib

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16414 posts
Thu Sep-05-19 01:23 PM

18. "woof"

i guess this is a confession. i do have a somewhat unreasonable fear of dogs. especially big ones but really just ones that are obviously not well behaved. i would not be happy working there at all.

legsdiamond
79585 posts
Thu Sep-05-19 05:07 AM

11. "I caught my daughters daycare teacher gripping her up by the arm"
In response to Reply # 0

Drove to that bitch immediately and confronted her.

She tried to play it cool and was all soft spoken but I caught her ass.

Haven’t seen her since.

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13572 posts
Thu Sep-05-19 09:28 AM

12. "I get slightly annoyed whenever I see cars with "Baby On Board" stickers"
In response to Reply # 0

There's almost never a baby in said car, or even a toddler or bigger kid. The driver usually has a phone in their hand and drive like shit as well. If I was a cop, I'd be using those to profile folks and give out tickets.

grape
Member since Mar 01st 2005
1123 posts
Thu Sep-05-19 12:53 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
16. "David Makes Man is the absolute best thing on TV right now."
In response to Reply # 0

Lobby General Discussion topic #13346115 Previous topic | Next topic