Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13344114

Subject: "New Matrix movie in development" Previous topic | Next topic
bwood
Member since Apr 03rd 2006
8614 posts
Tue Aug-20-19 03:24 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"New Matrix movie in development"

I hope it doesn't suck.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/matrix-4-keanu-reeves-carrie-anne-moss-lana-wachowski-1203307955/

Get ready to re-enter the Matrix.

Lana Wachowski is set to write and direct a fourth film set in the world of “The Matrix,” with Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss reprising their roles as Neo and Trinity, respectively.

Warner Bros. Pictures and Village Roadshow Pictures will produce and globally distribute the film. Warner Bros. Picture Group chairman Toby Emmerich made the announcement on Tuesday.

“We could not be more excited to be re-entering ‘The Matrix’ with Lana,” said Emmerich. “Lana is a true visionary—a singular and original creative filmmaker—and we are thrilled that she is writing, directing and producing this new chapter in ‘The Matrix’ universe.”

In addition to Wachowski, the script was also written by Aleksander Hemon and David Mitchell. Wachowski is also producing with Grant Hill. Sources say the film is eyed to begin production at the top of 2020.

The three previous films —“The Matrix,” “The Matrix Reloaded” and “The Matrix Revolutions” — have collectively earned more than $1.6 billion at the global box office. All three were written and directed by Lana and her sister, Lilly, and starred Reeves and Moss.

“Many of the ideas Lilly and I explored 20 years ago about our reality are even more relevant now. I’m very happy to have these characters back in my life and grateful for another chance to work with my brilliant friends,” Wachowski said.

The first “Matrix” had its 20th anniversary this year, marked by special screenings at select AMC locations starting on Aug. 30.

------------------------------------------
America from 9:00 on: https://youtu.be/GUwLCQU10KQ

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
*spoilers* Neo wakes up in his original 1br apartment...
Aug 20th 2019
sweet might check it out in 2040
Aug 20th 2019
Guess I been living under a rock but uhmm....
Aug 20th 2019
RE: Guess I been living under a rock but uhmm....
Aug 20th 2019
lol I had no idea either
Aug 20th 2019
Hollywood embraced their mental illness, glad they're
Aug 20th 2019
Oh shit...
Aug 20th 2019
Wow! I was aware of one but not the other
Aug 20th 2019
I noticed it when I watched "Jupiter Ascending"
Aug 21st 2019
Speed Racer is flames
Aug 22nd 2019
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Aug 22nd 2019
Damn. I heard about 1 but both of them?
Aug 21st 2019
hmmmm........ (the only interesting parts to me)
Aug 20th 2019
Not *the* Grant Hill, sadly.
Aug 20th 2019
it’s been 20 years?
Aug 20th 2019
Not Sure If I Even Want Another Matrix Movie
Aug 21st 2019
Does anyone here believe Sophia Stewart?
Aug 22nd 2019
I heard about this but it faded over time.
Aug 22nd 2019
How Sophia Stewart Fooled The Black Internet *link*
Aug 22nd 2019
Yooooo. Those emails had me weak
Aug 22nd 2019
Is she telling her Uber riders about it?
Aug 22nd 2019

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13573 posts
Tue Aug-20-19 03:29 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "*spoilers* Neo wakes up in his original 1br apartment..."
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Aug-20-19 03:31 PM by flipnile

...realizes that the entirety of movies #1, #2 and #3 were all part of an epic mescaline trip. Trinty is some jawn he's been thirsting over that works at the coffee shop. Morpheus is his dealer. Agent Smith is his boss. Realizing that he's just the same cubicle monkey that he started out as, he goes back out onto the ledge of the building. 45 minutes spent trying to talk him down. Finally he jumps. The ground ain't bouncy tho.

The end.

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16414 posts
Tue Aug-20-19 03:33 PM

2. "sweet might check it out in 2040"
In response to Reply # 0

still have the second one in the queue

NoDrawls McGraw
Member since Jun 24th 2007
12122 posts
Tue Aug-20-19 03:53 PM

3. "Guess I been living under a rock but uhmm...."
In response to Reply # 0

Weren't the Wachowski's a pair of brothers(not sisters)?

Did deez muthafukkaz cold BruceJenner da game up?

Dis shit gettin outta control man....

https://chriswind.bandcamp.com/track/massage

"You can take an African out of Africa, but you can't take Africa out of the African"
Afro-Americana/Afro-Caribbana/Afro-Latino unite. We are ALL Black!

go mack
Member since May 02nd 2008
4020 posts
Tue Aug-20-19 05:04 PM

5. "RE: Guess I been living under a rock but uhmm...."
In response to Reply # 3

lol yeah late. One transitioned well before Bruce, the other might have been after.

sectachrome86
Member since Dec 22nd 2007
2729 posts
Tue Aug-20-19 06:01 PM

6. "lol I had no idea either"
In response to Reply # 3

What are the chances of both siblings transitioning? That seems kind of crazy statistically.

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.soundcloud.com/sectachrome

isaaaa
Member since May 10th 2007
30565 posts
Tue Aug-20-19 09:05 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
10. "Hollywood embraced their mental illness, glad they're"
In response to Reply # 6

doing fine.

Anti-gentrification, cheap alcohol & trying to look pretty in our twilight posting years (c) Big Reg
http://www.Tupreme.com

bwood
8614 posts
Tue Aug-20-19 07:17 PM

8. "Oh shit..."
In response to Reply # 3

Nm

SuiteLady
Member since Oct 19th 2004
16194 posts
Tue Aug-20-19 07:28 PM

9. "Wow! I was aware of one but not the other"
In response to Reply # 3

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

"Love is never any better than the lover" Toni Morrison (The Bluest Eye)

Boogie Stimuli
Member since Sep 24th 2010
14015 posts
Wed Aug-21-19 12:36 AM

13. "I noticed it when I watched "Jupiter Ascending""
In response to Reply # 3

I thought "how could the guys who made The Matrix make this crap?" It was like it was made by totally different people or ghostwritten or something. The movie is BAD bro. Once I realized they'd both transitioned, I had to wonder if the hormonal change has an impact on the way they approach writing and directing. The brothers did great on the Matrix and V For Vendetta, but the sisters don't have the best track record. Apparently Lana completed her transition right after Speed Racer, so it had began before then. I didn't see SR but it got terrible reviews and didn't perform up to budget. Same has been happening to everything they write and direct since, although I thought Cloud Atlas was aiight.

That said, the nostalgia is strong with this one, but I'm not expecting much.

~
~
~
~
~
Days like this I miss Sha Mecca

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85068 posts
Thu Aug-22-19 02:35 PM

18. "Speed Racer is flames"
In response to Reply # 13

bless them for whatever they did to convince the $$$ folks to drop all that cash on Speed Racer.

<--- Big Baller World Order

bwood
8614 posts
Thu Aug-22-19 02:47 PM

19. "^^^^^^^^^^^^^"
In response to Reply # 18

Shit was just like the cartoon. Dope as fuck.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79586 posts
Wed Aug-21-19 06:50 AM

14. "Damn. I heard about 1 but both of them? "
In response to Reply # 3

That’s...

interesting.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Selah
Member since Jun 05th 2002
16484 posts
Tue Aug-20-19 03:59 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "hmmmm........ (the only interesting parts to me)"
In response to Reply # 0

>“...Wachowski is also producing with Grant Hill.

like, BASKETBALL "Grant Hill" or someone else?

if the former, good for him

>The first “Matrix” had its 20th anniversary this year,
>marked by special screenings at select AMC locations starting
>on Aug. 30.

*looks at calendar*

i miss copy editing

Frank Longo
Member since Nov 18th 2003
86672 posts
Tue Aug-20-19 11:38 PM

11. "Not *the* Grant Hill, sadly."
In response to Reply # 4

This one's an Aussie producer who produced basically every Wachowski film, The Tree of Life, The Thin Red Line, and, oh yeah, Titanic.

My movies: http://russellhainline.com
My movie reviews: https://letterboxd.com/RussellHFilm/
My beer TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@thebeertravelguide

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Tue Aug-20-19 06:19 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "it’s been 20 years?"
In response to Reply # 0

I’m anxious to see how they put this one together...

Dj Joey Joe
Member since Sep 01st 2007
13770 posts
Wed Aug-21-19 12:05 AM

12. "Not Sure If I Even Want Another Matrix Movie"
In response to Reply # 0

The three movies and the one animated one was enough for me, it ended but not what I wanted it to but to me it should be left alone and time to create some other movies similar but not addition to it though.

These days no movie is taboo to touch, every movie is fair game to be remade, being re-casted, or making more sequels/prequels to.

I guess it's all opinions and we just have to wait and see, what happens, happens, it might be good, it might be bad.

https://tinyurl.com/y4ba6hog

---------
"We in here talking about later career Prince records
& your fool ass is cruising around in a time machine
trying to collect props for a couple of sociopathic degenerates" - s.blak

Boogie Stimuli
Member since Sep 24th 2010
14015 posts
Thu Aug-22-19 06:05 AM

15. "Does anyone here believe Sophia Stewart?"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Aug-22-19 06:05 AM by Boogie Stimuli

The black woman who says The Matrix was her script and idea.
I don't know if there's fire there (haven't read The Third Eye) but I smell some smoke. Although I found them enjoyable, the 2nd and 3rd parts of the trilogy seemed to go off the rails from the 1st. Then there's Will Smith's account of how the Wachowski's pitched the story to him as if they weren't even well-versed in what was supposedly their own idea. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm2szuXKgL8
On top of Sophia's interviews about it.
Maybe they stole it from her or somebody else, and maybe they just had a great idea and didn't know how to logically follow it up. *shrugs*

Anyway, I don't expect much considering their recent work. There's a chance that the only way they can make another good movie is to revisit The Matrix, but I'm not very hopeful.

~
~
~
~
~
Days like this I miss Sha Mecca

legsdiamond
79586 posts
Thu Aug-22-19 08:10 AM

16. "I heard about this but it faded over time. "
In response to Reply # 15

Never read her script tho.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Airbreed
Charter member
29434 posts
Thu Aug-22-19 10:45 AM

17. "How Sophia Stewart Fooled The Black Internet *link*"
Thu Aug-22-19 10:47 AM by Airbreed

Apparently, she was full of shit and this guy got receipts.

It's a long read. But interesting.

https://medium.com/crownsontop/sophiastewartthemotherofthematrix-c4ead5c9797b

A decade ago, in the corner of Brooklyn known as Bushwick, I did the knowledge to Latin rhythms, cuisine and women. (Are Tacos really a Latin thing?) Beyond all that, I had one of my best writing gigs, laying down verses for what was the premier martial arts entertainment website in the United States.
I built with dragons and learned how to catch bullets with my teeth. I also realized that with enough hype, anyone could be a master, or reach the rank of the specialized Japanese assassins, known as ninjas.

Frank Dux is a ninja who tricked Hollywood into creating a film about his life story, that really wasn’t really his life story. Back in 1988, they called it Bloodsport. It was a hit. In the wake of the film’s success, he ran game on the media, got paper and weaved himself into the history of American martial arts, proclaiming that he was one of the country’s first legitimate ninjas.

When we built, he constantly name dropped. He was the first to do this, and he was the first to do that. It took some time, but after a few ciphers and articles, I realized he had a cubic zirconia flow. I learned my lesson, be mindful of fake ass ninjas.
Fast forward till the now. The president is wack. I’ve stopped bedding Latinas (not by choice), and I’ve stopped eating tacos (by choice). I also stopped pandering to Caucasian editors, asking them to tell Black narratives in publications that don’t pander to people who look like me.

When I thought of a very necessary story, I immediately thought of Sophia Stewart, the so-called Mother of the Matrix. The internets said and keeps saying, there will be a reboot of the film, I searched, but I could not find one lengthy article on her.
I reached out for a build.

Her response: “Would love for you to do a piece on my victory. Great. Please call me.”

As I arranged the interview, she sent close to 19 emails, each with documents, I didn’t ask for. She requested a pic. I was alarmed by the request, but I figured that she had been burned by so many industry people, she probably came to the conclusion, that she could only put her faith in Wakanda.

I was amped up. I thought we were going to get into some serious Octavia Butler, Sam Delany, Nnedi Okorafor afro-futurism shit, how she used voodoo to create her epic sci-fi universe, ultimately helping me and the internets understand the journey of a real Black writer.

I planned the interview for a week in advance, so I’d have time to finish my research. I listened to some interviews she had online. Homegirl talked a good game. She bragged about how good she wrote, how she was a child prodigy and how she went to NYU, USC and studied with prestigious professors. She name dropped: Marcus Allen, Ronnie Lott and Magic Johnson. The more talked, she started sounding like a ninja.

The following day, I reached out and asked if she had any transcripts available. I also wanted to know if she was still in contact with any of the NFL legends or professors. They could verify who she was or if she really was the truth with her pen.
I also asked her if she had a copy of the Los Angeles Sentinel article she referenced in an interview, in which she mentioned her plan to make an epic Black science fiction film. She told me that I could find it in the book, The Third Eye. Through subsequent emails, she prodded me to purchase it.

I explained that normally when I review or write about a product, person, they usually provide the necessary material. She hesitated and then I told her that I’d find the Los Angeles Sentinel article using some databases.

Homegirl came back with these emails:

SUBJ: You are full of shit- you dumb nigger-Used by the Jews and Whites

Clarke,
Read your article, it told me a lot about you. Why not send it to TMZ so you can get some real press? You fake ass house nigger. Like Martin Lawrence would say: “ Now run and go tell that”.
Sophia Stewart

PS
The internet is not Black or White. Communications have no race or color, It is just pure knowledge dummy. You are telling someone something good or evil. It is either a lie or the truth. You so dumb you can not tell the difference between the truth or a lie. You better have another taco or the smears you told about the Latin women. Tell the truth, they rejected your Black ass!!!!!

Clark,

Two court cases. Look at the Utah Transcript. WB and others are a part of that case asking for money and a default judgment. This was about both incidents in Utah. You need to read and look at Doc 282 and 283 evidence. That is Bullshit what you are talking about. I own Matrix and Terminator, otherwise, I could not sell it you dumb ass. You can not sell other people’s copyrighted work. You are full of shit. I know who sent you now.
Dig for your answers. I am not sending you shit. Why your Black asses are shot by White cops. Your need to help thieves who have always stolen from us and taken Black people into slavery. You doubt my story??? You need prove my story is true.
The federal court, FBI and DOJ have already done that. They certainly do not need your help. It is true , niggers never read. You came to smear. You are full of shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How much did they pay you?
Sophia Stewart
Now print that statement

I didn’t trip. I assured her that I simply wanted to put together a decisive piece that could substantiate her claims. She was like, whatever and sent a soft copy of The Third Eye.
Red flags went off while reading the introduction, there were quotes from magazines, that really didn’t support her claim. I’m generalizing, but they read like this:

“Sophia Stewart is the person who claims” — Yada Yada Magazine
“Sophia Stewart wants to tell her story” — Blahzay Blah Magazine
“Poopity scoop, scoopdiddy whoop, whoop, di scoop “ — Lift Yourself Magazine

I went through The Third Eye and found the Los Angeles Sentinel article, where she mentioned that she wanted to make a Black sci-fi movie. Beyond that, there was a screenplay, her bio and court docs (half of the book) that verified that she had filed a lawsuit against the powers that be, way back when.

I couldn’t find any creative genius in her work. While it appears that she had a science fiction film in her mental, it has absolutely no resemblance to the current Matrix films.

A 2005 Los Angeles Times article points out that Stewart used the ignorance of the Black internet and a gullible journalist to promulgate her myth. Her case was later dismissed because she and her attorneys failed to provide evidence.

In 1999, a second-year student penned the erroneous, yet viral article “Mother of the Matrix Victorious.’ The article created a hypebeast, and Sophia Stewart’s myth became legend. The internets believed she won billions. Her “victory” was nothing more than a defense against a motion to have her case dismissed.

In 2013, Rock Newman interviewed her over the phone. On some real ninja shit, she told him that she studied law, journalism, and psychology. On some Frank Dux shit, she told Newman that she was awaiting a settlement of several billion dollars. Newman said he wanted to marry her and he was going to set up an opportunity for her to come on his show to verify her claims. She never did.

A 2013 Time Magazine article mentions that the settlement or victory that she keeps alluding to, the one she mentioned in her first email to me, it was for attorney fees. Not a-milli that she claimed to get against Warner Brothers.

Sophia Stewart has made a name for herself, by suing the powers that be. She is kind of like the guy who claims he’s Jay-Z’s son. He’s using the hype around the allegations to promote his music career. The thing is, after listening to him people realize that he doesn’t have Carter flow or genius, they’re not buying his story.

Whatever, it’s 2018, my president ain’t black, The Wachowskis aren’t brothers anymore and I have been doing the knowledge to Asian women for six years.

Long and short, homegirl has made a career for herself by capitalizing on the ignorance of people who have the same complexion as me. The Black internet and people like me wanted to believe that Sophia Stewart was slighted by the industry. We wanted to believe that she had Black girl magic, that she was another hidden figure. But when I exited her matrix, I realized that she ain’t none of that.

Sophia Stewart is a fake ass ninja with Bloodsport. Most importantly, she didn’t write The Matrix.

legsdiamond
79586 posts
Thu Aug-22-19 03:48 PM

21. "Yooooo. Those emails had me weak"
In response to Reply # 17

She wasted no time and typed the hard R.

sectachrome86
Member since Dec 22nd 2007
2729 posts
Thu Aug-22-19 02:57 PM

20. "Is she telling her Uber riders about it?"

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.soundcloud.com/sectachrome

Lobby General Discussion topic #13344114 Previous topic | Next topic