Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13344102

Subject: "Ayo New York -- we're getting new licence plates, fams. *link*" Previous topic | Next topic
Airbreed
Charter member
29433 posts
Tue Aug-20-19 03:00 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Ayo New York -- we're getting new licence plates, fams. *link*"
Tue Aug-20-19 03:03 PM by Airbreed

And you get to vote on the one you like best.

Gotta do it by 9/2/19.

Vote here: https://www.governor.ny.gov/#

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/20/us/new-york-license-vote-trnd/index.html

(CNN)New Yorkers will decide the state's next official license plate, and there's at least an 80% chance it'll feature Lady Liberty.

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Monday that residents can vote online for the 2020 plate design until September 2.
All five options are varying shades of blue and yellow with the shape of the state stuck in the middle. Four of them feature the Statue of Liberty and the phrase "Excelsior," the Latin motto on the state seal that means "Ever upward."

"License plates are a symbol of who we are as a state and New Yorkers should have a voice and a vote in its final design," Cuomo said in a statement.

The only option that deviates slightly features the new Gov. Mario M. Cuomo Bridge, named for the current governor's father. The 3.1-mile twin-span bridge replaced the Tappan Zee Bridge, which connected counties on either side of the Hudson River 20 miles north of New York City for decades.

The winner will replace the aging "Empire Blue & White" plates, which debuted in January 2001 and depicts landmarks like the city skyline and Niagara Falls. The DMV will eventually phase out the blue-and-gold plates issued in 2010, too, the governor's office said.

Drivers with plates 10-years-old or older can expect to receive a new plate with the top design starting April 2020, according to the governor's office.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I was just making fun of your puke-gold plates to my wife ...
Aug 20th 2019
why does 1 have a different blue for new york?
Aug 20th 2019
as someone who grew up with the OG 'Ghetto Yellow' plates
Aug 20th 2019
I’ve still got my white and blue one
Aug 20th 2019

Brew
Member since Nov 23rd 2002
24413 posts
Tue Aug-20-19 03:14 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "I was just making fun of your puke-gold plates to my wife ..."
In response to Reply # 0

... when we were in NYC a couple weeks ago lol. Always preferred the "Empire Blue & White" plates referenced in the article from 2001 and beyond to those 2010 puke-colored plates.

I'd vote option 3, if I were a New Yorker. Not that anyone cares haha. But I've had a minor fascination with license plates since I was a kid so this is a subject of some interest to me.

----------------------------------------

"Fuck aliens." © WarriorPoet415

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16412 posts
Tue Aug-20-19 03:36 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "why does 1 have a different blue for new york?"
In response to Reply # 0

has to be 3

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Tue Aug-20-19 05:21 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "as someone who grew up with the OG 'Ghetto Yellow' plates"
In response to Reply # 0

I was glad they brought them back. when I see people over here with them on it makes me grin a bit.

DJR
Member since Jan 01st 2005
18627 posts
Tue Aug-20-19 06:16 PM

4. "I’ve still got my white and blue one"
In response to Reply # 0

And after seeing these, I’m hopeful I can continue to keep that white and blue one for a long time.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13344102 Previous topic | Next topic