Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13339996

Subject: "2019 Mid-Year Review, What's the grade for your 2019? (A+ - D-)" Previous topic | Next topic
Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Tue Jun-25-19 10:40 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"2019 Mid-Year Review, What's the grade for your 2019? (A+ - D-)"

“It was the evidence from science and history that prompted me to abandon my atheism and become a Christian.” — Lee Strobel, The Case for Christ

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
My Mid-Year review grade is a B-
Jun 25th 2019
B+
Jun 25th 2019
Anyone working in a big corporation w/o equity gets a D-
Jun 25th 2019
A
Jun 25th 2019
B-
Jun 25th 2019

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Tue Jun-25-19 11:32 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "My Mid-Year review grade is a B-"
In response to Reply # 0

I've has a lot of corporate success so far. Closeout 3 tough projects, lost one product to a business unit move but took on a new product, and the current product is going well. Both of my teams are still DOPE! My POM team is Chill and has good vibes.

I took on two new Ministry opportunities. After taking over a major ministry I was able to put on a successful event with only 7 weeks of notice. Plus I took on an additional leadership role - both positions will open doors in the long run.

I have built some new connections that will help me in ministry and just being a better man in life.

1 year into our marriage, we are still growing together and processing through the natural order forming, storming and norming. Some days it's amazing, some days it's like WTF, but the best days are when we talk about the WTF moments and become stronger because of them.

I failed to start my new book. I feel like such a buster for wasting time and not being a better steward of my time. Gotta get off social media more and I have to pass on my Small Grp leadership role, but I haven't identified someone that can carry the load. Jokers act like they want the position, but they ain't stepping up to lead. Just a bunch of talking.

The death of our twins is still hard to face at times. Although I have processed the event, I still have to process with my wife and she's constantly reminded of the matter and is still healing.

We paid off one car and a major credit card. Put a large bag away for a new house, increased our income, and we still look good together in these streets. My wife is amazing. She's so talented in many areas. She could be on TV, a serious comedian, singer or actress, but I'm having a hard time getting her to believe that she's made of that life. Like, real talk she's Netflix Comedy Series funny, but something happens early in life and she's got this blocker.

Other than that, I give it a B-. It could be a D- because of the loss of the twins but God has done so much with that we'eve gone thought that I can't complain too much.

“It was the evidence from science and history that prompted me to abandon my atheism and become a Christian.” — Lee Strobel, The Case for Christ

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79574 posts
Tue Jun-25-19 11:44 AM

2. "B+"
In response to Reply # 0

I’ve had success at the job, raise and promotion

Family budget is good this summer but it’s about to get ugly with this student loan now that we both got a pay bump.

I’m legit shook but I have to face this shit and find a way. They will get what I got but that’s it.

Thinking about trying a boot camp I’ve been doing more coding and it’s not as bad as I thought (when it works). I don’t want to change industries completely just to make more money but if I can add it to the utility belt and get a significant pay bump..

I’ll do it, you know I’ll do it - Gator

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

isaaaa
Member since May 10th 2007
30565 posts
Tue Jun-25-19 08:02 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "Anyone working in a big corporation w/o equity gets a D-"
In response to Reply # 0

Anti-gentrification, cheap alcohol & trying to look pretty in our twilight posting years (c) Big Reg
http://www.Tupreme.com

SuiteLady
Member since Oct 19th 2004
16194 posts
Tue Jun-25-19 08:33 PM

4. "A"
In response to Reply # 0

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

"Love is never any better than the lover" Toni Morrison (The Bluest Eye)

Nodima
Member since Jul 30th 2008
15297 posts
Tue Jun-25-19 09:08 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "B-"
In response to Reply # 0

More financially stable than ever, pretty satisfied with my day to day, but making no significant forward progress. Just hoarding on a small scale and living the best bachelor's life I can conceive of.

~~~~~~~~~
"This is the streets, and I am the trap." � Jay Bilas
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/archive/contributor/517
Hip Hop Handbook: http://tinyurl.com/ll4kzz

Lobby General Discussion topic #13339996 Previous topic | Next topic