Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13339013

Subject: "Anyone use Amazon Second Chance to buy refinished products?" Previous topic | Next topic
Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Wed Jun-19-19 09:30 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Anyone use Amazon Second Chance to buy refinished products?"

The wife and I are avid Amazon shoppers and we never knew this about this Amazon Second Chance option that's located at the bottom of the Amazon page. But one of her co-workers told her that it's like a goldmine for discounted good.

https://www.amazon.com/amsc?_encoding=UTF8&ref_=footer_asc

Amazon has a space that allows you to shop rentals, open-box and certified refurbished products at a great price.

Amazon Rentals
A flexible and affordable way to rent textbooks for as long as you need them. Textbooks are professionally inspected and prepared by qualified vendors. All rental fees go toward the purchase price of your item so you’ll never be charged more than the list price.

Amazon Warehouse
Great deals on millions of quality used products including furniture, toys, instruments, kitchen appliances, clothes, and more. All items are inspected and graded using Amazon's rigorous 20-point inspection process and sold at a discount. Purchases are Prime-eligible, backed by our 30-day return policy and award-winning customer service.

Amazon Renewed
Shop refurbished, pre-owned and open-box products such as computers, laptops, smartphones, tablets, cameras, audio devices, home appliances and more. All products are professionally inspected and tested to work and look like new, and are backed by a minimum 90-day warranty, so you can shop with peace of mind and save on brands you love.

Certified Refurbished Amazon Devices
Shop certified refurbished Amazon devices like Echo, Fire Tablets and TV, Kindle E-readers, and more. Certified refurbished devices are eligible for the same limited warranty as brand new devices, or a 30% discount with a 30-day money back guarantee on pre-owned devices.

“It was the evidence from science and history that prompted me to abandon my atheism and become a Christian.” — Lee Strobel, The Case for Christ

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
The Amazon Renewed Link
Jun 19th 2019
Wow, probably a great place for tools
Jun 19th 2019
      might be unopened
Jun 20th 2019
      All of my most recent power tools (Bosch) were copped that way
Jun 20th 2019
      LOL..just followed the link. Probably 1 diaper missing
Jun 20th 2019
tried to reply to this yesterday right when the boards froze. Yes indeed...
Jun 20th 2019
Amazon Second Chance is a great name
Jun 20th 2019
lol
Jun 20th 2019
LOL
Sep 18th 2019
this got me looking at some high end heaphones
Jun 20th 2019
so i might got for this AV receiver
Sep 18th 2019
Wow, I Sell CDs On There & Never Knew About This Either
Sep 18th 2019

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Wed Jun-19-19 10:03 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "The Amazon Renewed Link "
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.amazon.com/b?node=12653393011&ref=ascplar

“It was the evidence from science and history that prompted me to abandon my atheism and become a Christian.” — Lee Strobel, The Case for Christ

Cam
Charter member
13286 posts
Wed Jun-19-19 02:26 PM

2. "Wow, probably a great place for tools"
In response to Reply # 1

But how can this be a renewed item?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07T4XFDVM/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_1WOcDbY7YF8BP

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Thu Jun-20-19 12:39 PM

3. "might be unopened "
In response to Reply # 2

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44614 posts
Thu Jun-20-19 01:00 PM

5. "All of my most recent power tools (Bosch) were copped that way"
In response to Reply # 2

Some really great deals to be had.

"Get ready....for your blessing....."
"Bury me by my Grand-Grand and when you can come follow me"

FLUIDJ
44614 posts
Thu Jun-20-19 01:02 PM

6. "LOL..just followed the link. Probably 1 diaper missing "
In response to Reply # 2

We've returned diapers before because we realized they were too small only after using one. Perfectly good box of diapers....but when you're trying a new brand the fit might not be what you're expecting.

FLUIDJ
44614 posts
Thu Jun-20-19 01:00 PM

4. "tried to reply to this yesterday right when the boards froze. Yes indeed..."
In response to Reply # 0

Gotten a lot of great pretty much brand new items like that.

Mynoriti
Charter member
38816 posts
Thu Jun-20-19 02:16 PM

7. "Amazon Second Chance is a great name"
In response to Reply # 0

making me feel sorry for products and shit

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16414 posts
Thu Jun-20-19 02:17 PM

8. "lol"
In response to Reply # 7

Amritsar
Member since Jan 18th 2008
32093 posts
Wed Sep-18-19 04:43 PM

12. "LOL"
In response to Reply # 7

mista k5
16414 posts
Thu Jun-20-19 02:18 PM

9. "this got me looking at some high end heaphones"
In response to Reply # 0

for some wack reason amazon wouldnt let me see the price on new ones unless i signed in

if the headphones are complete with all accessories then i might give this more consideration.

mista k5
16414 posts
Wed Sep-18-19 03:59 PM

10. "so i might got for this AV receiver"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Sep-18-19 03:59 PM by mista k5

i need a way to listen to my turntable with headphones. looking at headphone amps it looks like most good ones are starting at $150. so figure might as well do an audio receiver. why not do AV instead though?? mostly because most AV receivers dont have phono input but this one does. with amazon renewed id be getting it at $300 when it was originally $600. it has good reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L37KD54/ref=dp_cr_wdg_tit_rfb

any thoughts?

i would want to add speakers and a sub at some point which this will let me do and a headphone amp wont right? at least not a sub.

i should also be able to connect my existing passive speakers to this unit right?
https://www.usa.philips.com/c-p/BTM2180_37/micro-music-system

the only reason to use this stereo would be if i wanted CD which i honestly dont know if i would ever use.

would this AV receiver be a good option so i can upgrade to surround at another date and be decently future proofed?

got suggestions for another unit or approach?

Dj Joey Joe
Member since Sep 01st 2007
13770 posts
Wed Sep-18-19 04:09 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
11. "Wow, I Sell CDs On There & Never Knew About This Either"
In response to Reply # 0

amazon Second Chance, hhmmm, I guess that's one way of getting rid of returned & slightly dented goods, instead of throwing them away; I'm going to have to check this out (when I get some money).

https://tinyurl.com/y4ba6hog

---------
"We in here talking about later career Prince records
& your fool ass is cruising around in a time machine
trying to collect props for a couple of sociopathic degenerates" - s.blak

Lobby General Discussion topic #13339013 Previous topic | Next topic