Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13336820

Subject: "They're throwin the book at the cowardly Parkland school shooting office..." Previous topic | Next topic
PimpTrickGangstaClik
Member since Oct 06th 2005
15894 posts
Tue Jun-04-19 05:48 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"They're throwin the book at the cowardly Parkland school shooting office..."
Tue Jun-04-19 05:52 PM by PimpTrickGangstaClik

The deputy who stayed outside while the shooting was going on.
I mean I wish he would have gone in. Maybe he could have saved some lives. Maybe not.
But I understand his inaction. Not every is built to be the hero when the time comes.

I don't think it's fair to try to throw 100 years of prison time at him. Has he tried the "I was just trying to get home to my family" defense? It seems to work for other police officers.

https://apnews.com/91dc083ded414c3e86cca8ed9855d7f9

Florida deputy charged for inaction during Parkland shooting

MIAMI (AP) — The Florida deputy who knew a gunman was loose at the Parkland high school but refused to go inside to confront the assailant was arrested Tuesday on 11 criminal charges related to his inaction during the massacre that killed 17 people.

Scot Peterson was on duty as the resource officer at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School during the February 2018 shooting but never entered the building while bullets were flying. He was charged with child neglect, culpable negligence and perjury — allegations that carry a potential maximum prison sentence of nearly 100 years.

In the weeks after the attack, Peterson was seen on surveillance video rushing with two staff members toward the building where the shooting happened. When they arrived, Peterson pulled his weapon and went forward but then retreated and took up a position outside, where he stood with his gun drawn.

The charges follow a 14-month investigation by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, which conducted interviews with 184 witnesses, reviewed hours of surveillance videos and compiled 212 investigative reports, the agency said.

Peterson “did absolutely nothing to mitigate” the shooting, FDLE Commissioner Rick Swearingen said in a statement. “There can be no excuse for his complete inaction and no question that his inaction cost lives.”

Lori Alhadeff, whose 14-year-old daughter, Alyssa, was killed, said she was surprised but happy to hear of Peterson’s arrest. She recalled sending a text to her daughter when she heard there was shooting.

“I told her to hide, that help was on the way. Well, Peterson was that help, but he froze, and he failed us all that day,” Alhadeff said. “He was supposedly the good guy with the gun who was supposed to go in and meet the threat, and he let us all down.”

Tony Montalto, whose daughter Gina Montalto, also 14, died in the attack, said families wanted justice to be done.

“We are happy to see some accountability for this tragedy,” said Montalto, president of the Stand With Parkland victim families’ group.

Peterson, 56, was jailed on $102,000 bail. Once released, he will be required to wear a GPS monitor and surrender his passport and will be prohibited from possessing a gun, the prosecutor said.

Peterson lawyer Joseph DiRuzzo III did not immediately respond to a request for comment. In the past, he has defended Peterson’s conduct as justified under the circumstances.

It was not immediately clear when Peterson would make his initial court appearance. That typically occurs the day after an arrest.

Sen. Rick Scott, a Republican who was Florida governor at the time of the shooting, initiated the law enforcement probe and said Tuesday in a statement that he was glad the investigation was finished.

“Now it’s time for justice to be served,” Scott said.

After the shooting, Peterson took retirement rather than accept a suspension.

Broward Sheriff Gregory Tony said he has now been formally fired. Another deputy, former Sgt. Brian Miller, was also fired, although he faces no criminal charges.

“It’s never too late for accountability and justice,” Tony said.

David S. Weinstein, a former federal prosecutor now in private practice, said key to the case will be the culpable negligence charge, which essentially means an “utter disregard for the safety of others.”

“They are focusing on the care he was required to give to the students as a caregiver who was responsible for their welfare,” Weinstein added.

The perjury charge stems from a statement Peterson gave under oath to investigators contending that he did not hear any shots fired after taking up his position outside the school, according to an arrest warrant. Investigators determined through video, witnesses and other evidence that was not true.

The arrest is the latest fallout from investigations into the shooting.

Gov. Ron DeSantis suspended then-Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel for “neglect of duty and incompetence” over the department’s actions that day. Israel is appealing that decision to the state Senate and said he intends to run again next year.

The case also spawned a state commission that issued a 458-page report detailing many errors before and during the shooting, including Broward deputies who stayed outside the school building and the policies that led to that, such as Israel’s decision to change guidelines to say that deputies “may” confront an active shooter rather than “shall” do so.

The commission also recommended voluntary arming of teachers, which state lawmakers approved this year.

The chairman of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Commission, Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri, said in an interview that the charges against Peterson were “absolutely warranted.”

Peterson “is a coward, a failure and a criminal,” Gualtieri said. “There is no doubt in my mind that because he didn’t act, people were killed.”

Nikolas Cruz , 20, faces the death penalty if convicted of the first-degree murder charges filed in the attack. His lawyers have said Cruz would plead guilty in return for a life sentence, but prosecutors have refused that offer.

Cruz is expected to go on trial in early 2020.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Yeah, this is excessive.
Jun 04th 2019
It's dumb. Dude's guilt and public shame is his punishment.
Jun 04th 2019
no thinkpieces of cops ACTUALLY scared who DONT react by shooting
Jun 04th 2019
right?!?
Jun 04th 2019
      You already know....https://i.imgur.com/80HUeWD.gif
Jun 04th 2019
Scapegoating him.
Jun 04th 2019
So when a cop is scared of an innocent black man and kills him, he
Jun 04th 2019
Exxxxxactly - this is what I meant in my post by "scapegoating."
Jun 04th 2019
This is bullshit
Jun 05th 2019
Is he white?
Jun 05th 2019
He didn't do his job, but this seems so over the top
Jun 05th 2019
What happened to "Police have no constitutional duty to..."
Jun 05th 2019
Yeah, If he gets convicted, he wins an appeal
Jun 05th 2019
He deserves to be charged for each child that was injure or that died.
Jun 05th 2019
at which ratio compared to the shooter?
Jun 05th 2019
I don't know. Right now, i'm just sad and pissed at that dude.
Jun 05th 2019
Shooter should get multiple lifetimes or death
Jun 05th 2019
      what is the point of multiple life sentences?
Jun 05th 2019
      You never know, he could be a MacLeod
Jun 05th 2019
      Ensures there's no realistic chance at parole, I believe
Jun 05th 2019
           i guess it depends on the jurisdiction
Jun 05th 2019
                Florida is a LWOP state...so, seems like that would take care of it
Jun 05th 2019
      You believe in the Death Penalty even though it serves no purpose
Jun 05th 2019
           I believe in it for obvious cases of mass murder
Jun 05th 2019
                yup. some people need to go
Jun 05th 2019
lol...chill, Case he would not be executed...
Jun 05th 2019
      Desertion in time of war is punishable by death or other... Article 85.
Jun 05th 2019
           exactly my point, no one is being actually executed
Jun 05th 2019
                LOL
Jun 05th 2019
                Prolly not, but he's eligible
Jun 05th 2019
the time is ridiculous. but im not mad at him getting tried for it.
Jun 05th 2019
He deserves the book
Jun 05th 2019
this is dumb. is prison supposed to keep us safe from him bitching out
Jun 05th 2019
Prolly more
Jun 05th 2019
      Yeah. i don't know the appropriate punushment for this
Jun 05th 2019
well, this is interesting
Jul 02nd 2019
it’s a witch-hunt and it’s disgusting
Jul 02nd 2019
A witch hunt ? hmmmmmm
Jul 02nd 2019
a witch hunt and police bullshit
Jul 02nd 2019
      It's not police bullshit, they are corrupt and it caught up with them
Jul 02nd 2019
^
Jul 02nd 2019
Could be, but maybe not
Jul 03rd 2019
Blaming the who BSO is wild.
Jul 03rd 2019
officer who waited in hallway during vegas mass shooting gets fired
Jul 05th 2019
Facts!!!
Jul 05th 2019
Yet for years 911 has been a joke in the hood, hmmmm.
Jul 08th 2019
We All Know He Won't Get Convicted
Aug 04th 2019

Ryan M
Member since Oct 21st 2002
43744 posts
Tue Jun-04-19 06:14 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Yeah, this is excessive."
In response to Reply # 0

Granted, he probably wont GET 96 years in jail...but there are murderers who didn't get that much time.

He should get SOMETHING. And be barred from ever taking a similar position ever again. To me, this is akin to being disbarred or something. But nearly a century in jail for a very human (flawed, absolutely...but human instinct) reaction? Cmon.

------------------------------

17x NBA Champions

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44616 posts
Tue Jun-04-19 07:53 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "It's dumb. Dude's guilt and public shame is his punishment. "
In response to Reply # 0

Calculate the public tax costs of his trial and 100 year prison term and put that money into gun reform or counseling for the victim's families. Or hell scholarships in the name of the victims.

rdhull
Charter member
33136 posts
Tue Jun-04-19 08:47 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "no thinkpieces of cops ACTUALLY scared who DONT react by shooting"
In response to Reply # 0

Ray_Snill
Charter member
16839 posts
Tue Jun-04-19 08:54 PM

4. "right?!?"
In response to Reply # 3

no time for cops who claim to be scared for no reason, time for the cop who had a legit reason to be scared on duty. I wonder what would have happened if he was posted at a "black" school...

<=========================================
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/PYzh4v9cSf4FDnq3yMQyqNqh79o=/800x0/filters:no_upscale%28%29/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4079674/jlio.0.gif

NoDrawls McGraw
Member since Jun 24th 2007
12122 posts
Tue Jun-04-19 09:49 PM

5. "You already know....https://i.imgur.com/80HUeWD.gif"
In response to Reply # 4

>wonder what would have happened if he was posted at a "black"
>school...

Dat muthafukka woulda been up in'nere like:
https://i.imgur.com/80HUeWD.gif

https://chriswind.bandcamp.com/track/massage

"You can take an African out of Africa, but you can't take Africa out of the African"
Afro-Americana/Afro-Caribbana/Afro-Latino unite. We are ALL Black!

Brew
Member since Nov 23rd 2002
24419 posts
Tue Jun-04-19 10:13 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "Scapegoating him."
In response to Reply # 0

----------------------------------------

"Fuck aliens." © WarriorPoet415

soulfunk
Charter member
10999 posts
Tue Jun-04-19 10:27 PM

7. "So when a cop is scared of an innocent black man and kills him, he"
In response to Reply # 0

gets off free because he was trying to get home to his family. But here when a cop had a LEGIT reason to be scared and want to get home to his family, he gets the book thrown at him?

This is absolutely a political statement. Because his inaction that day completely squashed the “good guy with a gun” narrative, so they gotta make him out to be the extreme exception.

Brew
24419 posts
Tue Jun-04-19 10:45 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
8. "Exxxxxactly - this is what I meant in my post by "scapegoating.""
In response to Reply # 7

>This is absolutely a political statement. Because his inaction
>that day completely squashed the “good guy with a gun”
>narrative, so they gotta make him out to be the extreme
>exception.

walihorse
Member since Aug 03rd 2006
16125 posts
Wed Jun-05-19 07:30 AM

9. "This is bullshit"
In response to Reply # 0

should he be an officer anymore? of course not.

Should he feel bad? definitely

should there be some sort of action for abandonment of duty? Sure, at least this aint the nights watch? They are really trying to crucify this guy, instead of focusing on gun laws and mental health.

Completely absurd.

If a fat guy falls in the woods and there is no one around to see it, do the trees laugh?

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79601 posts
Wed Jun-05-19 08:24 AM

10. "Is he white? "
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Jun-05-19 08:26 AM by legsdiamond

Damn.. he is. I’m actually shocked.

Someone has to take the blame.

Can’t front, if my kid died in that shooting I would prolly have no sympathy for him.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Marauder21
Charter member
49516 posts
Wed Jun-05-19 08:30 AM

11. "He didn't do his job, but this seems so over the top"
In response to Reply # 0

Why does he need to do time at all?

------

12 play and 12 planets are enlighten for all the Aliens to Party and free those on the Sex Planet-maxxx

XBL: trkc21
Twitter: @tyrcasey

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13573 posts
Wed Jun-05-19 09:02 AM

12. "What happened to "Police have no constitutional duty to...""
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Jun-05-19 09:03 AM by flipnile

"...protect"

https://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/politics/justices-rule-police-do-not-have-a-constitutional-duty-to-protect.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_v._District_of_Columbia
https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2018/12/21/us-judge-says-law-enforcement-officers-had-no-legal-duty-protect-parkland-students-during-mass-shooting/?utm_term=.9d431dc44686

Fucked-up how they pick and choose when to be outraged, when "enough is enough," etc.

Cocobrotha2
Charter member
10884 posts
Wed Jun-05-19 11:49 AM

26. "Yeah, If he gets convicted, he wins an appeal"
In response to Reply # 12

But in the mean time, the (gun-loving) powers-that-be have to protect the "good guy with a gun" trope.

<-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->
<-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Wed Jun-05-19 09:11 AM

13. "He deserves to be charged for each child that was injure or that died."
In response to Reply # 0

He was the first line of defense and he took the cowards way out and neglected his JOB. CHILDREN WERE MURDERED. FAMILIES DESTROYED. LIVES DESTROYED! Plus he lied and wanted his retirement check.

If this was the military and he took those same cowardly actions on a war theater, he could be executed.

“It was the evidence from science and history that prompted me to abandon my atheism and become a Christian.” — Lee Strobel, The Case for Christ

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16414 posts
Wed Jun-05-19 09:41 AM

15. "at which ratio compared to the shooter?"
In response to Reply # 13

how many years should this dude get compare to the shooter?

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Wed Jun-05-19 10:09 AM

16. "I don't know. Right now, i'm just sad and pissed at that dude."
In response to Reply # 15

Kids were killed and he didn't do a damn thing to try and stop it but wanted to make sure he got his freaking money

“It was the evidence from science and history that prompted me to abandon my atheism and become a Christian.” — Lee Strobel, The Case for Christ

legsdiamond
79601 posts
Wed Jun-05-19 10:21 AM

17. "Shooter should get multiple lifetimes or death"
In response to Reply # 15

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

mista k5
16414 posts
Wed Jun-05-19 10:26 AM

18. "what is the point of multiple life sentences?"
In response to Reply # 17

one life without parole is all that can really be enforced.

Innocent Criminal
Member since May 03rd 2003
14586 posts
Wed Jun-05-19 10:29 AM

19. "You never know, he could be a MacLeod"
In response to Reply # 18

Oak27
Member since Apr 17th 2005
13192 posts
Wed Jun-05-19 10:30 AM

21. "Ensures there's no realistic chance at parole, I believe"
In response to Reply # 18

mista k5
16414 posts
Wed Jun-05-19 10:47 AM

24. "i guess it depends on the jurisdiction"
In response to Reply # 21

and in cases of multiple murders it provides some protection in case one or more of the murder charges gets overturned.

from what i found it seems life without the possibility for parole is an option so its still weird to me.

Dstl1
Charter member
56230 posts
Wed Jun-05-19 11:02 AM

25. "Florida is a LWOP state...so, seems like that would take care of it"
In response to Reply # 24

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Wed Jun-05-19 10:30 AM

20. "You believe in the Death Penalty even though it serves no purpose "
In response to Reply # 17

or as a deterrent when it comes to crime prevention and the act that hundreds of innocent people have been murdered (many minorities) by the state in error?

legsdiamond
79601 posts
Wed Jun-05-19 01:41 PM

29. "I believe in it for obvious cases of mass murder"
In response to Reply # 20

You kill 5 people. Gotta go, gotta go.

You kill children at a school? Gotta go.

You get charged for a murder and the eye witness is half blind and there is no clear evidence you did it but a jury convicts you because America? No death penalty for you.

I see no reason why people who go out and intentionally kill 8 people at a church and leave someone as a witness should ever get life in prison. Gotta go.

Mynoriti
Charter member
38818 posts
Wed Jun-05-19 02:11 PM

32. "yup. some people need to go"
In response to Reply # 29

i get the arguments against the death penalty and i doubt i'd be terribly bothered if it was abolished nationwide, but while we have it i'm perfectly fine with certain people like Dylan Roof or the boston bomber or someone who tortured and murdered children being flat out exterminated.

Dstl1
Charter member
56230 posts
Wed Jun-05-19 10:32 AM

22. "lol...chill, Case he would not be executed..."
In response to Reply # 13

stripped of all his rank and benefits, dishonerably discharged and see the inside of Leavenworth for a minute, though.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Wed Jun-05-19 12:20 PM

28. "Desertion in time of war is punishable by death or other... Article 85."
In response to Reply # 22

Desertion in time of war is punishable “by death or other such punishment as a court-martial may direct,” according to Article 85, but no American has been executed for desertion since U.S. Army Private Eddie Slovik in 1945.

Dstl1
Charter member
56230 posts
Wed Jun-05-19 01:48 PM

31. "exactly my point, no one is being actually executed"
In response to Reply # 28

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Wed Jun-05-19 02:12 PM

33. "LOL"
In response to Reply # 31

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Wed Jun-05-19 02:57 PM

35. "Prolly not, but he's eligible "
In response to Reply # 31
Wed Jun-05-19 03:13 PM by Case_One

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85074 posts
Wed Jun-05-19 09:28 AM

14. "the time is ridiculous. but im not mad at him getting tried for it."
In response to Reply # 0

<--- Big Baller World Order

Lurkmode
Member since May 07th 2011
5188 posts
Wed Jun-05-19 10:42 AM

23. "He deserves the book"
In response to Reply # 0

On top of staying outside he told other officers not to go in.

---------------------------
Signature

Mynoriti
Charter member
38818 posts
Wed Jun-05-19 12:04 PM

27. "this is dumb. is prison supposed to keep us safe from him bitching out"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Jun-05-19 12:11 PM by Mynoriti

again?

is it supposed to rehabilitate him, so when he gets out at 90 and encounters that situation he'll do the right thing?

He's never gonna live this down either way, but best case scenario, he wasn't gonna run in there like Bruce Willis and save the day. He def may have saved a kid or two by sacrificing himself. What he did was cowardly no doubt, given it was his job to protect, but not exactly unnatural. half the people calling for his head would have bitched out too.

legsdiamond
79601 posts
Wed Jun-05-19 01:44 PM

30. "Prolly more"
In response to Reply # 27

Plenty of soldiers freeze up in times of war.

I don’t blame them.

but at the same time. If you sign up to protect and serve and you don’t protect when the shit goes down you should face some type of punishment

Mynoriti
Charter member
38818 posts
Wed Jun-05-19 02:33 PM

34. "Yeah. i don't know the appropriate punushment for this"
In response to Reply # 30

survival instinct is a montherfucker, and anyone who knows what they would do in this situation is lying to themselves, but it doesn't change that he's a coward and failed to do THE thing he was hired to do. I don't really know what should happen to this guy for this. I'm sure if my child was there, even if they made it out, I'd want this man thrown into a lion pit, but as a couple people mentioned earlier in this post, a lot of people screaming about this are just ones who are mad about him pissing on their good guy with a gun fantasy

makaveli
Charter member
16305 posts
Tue Jul-02-19 06:07 PM

36. "well, this is interesting "
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.thedailybeast.com/broward-county-florida-sheriffs-office-loses-law-enforcement-accreditation

“So back we go to these questions — friendship, character… ethics.”

rob
Charter member
23210 posts
Tue Jul-02-19 06:51 PM

37. "it’s a witch-hunt and it’s disgusting"
In response to Reply # 36

Especially with all the republicans crying foul over legit investigations

They want to bury every public servant down there because it’s not enough that those kids lives were ruined, we need to ruin even more lives to protect the guns.

Lurkmode
5188 posts
Tue Jul-02-19 07:51 PM

38. "A witch hunt ? hmmmmmm"
In response to Reply # 37

"And after the 2015 shooting of Jermaine McBean, BSO awarded two of its officers for “bravery” in shooting an unarmed man."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/photo-raises-doubts-about-police-shooting-jermaine-mcbean-n366386

"After Florida police shot Jermaine McBean to death as he walked home with an unloaded air rifle, they said there was no reason to believe he did not hear their orders to drop the weapon and that he pointed it at them.

But a newly emerged photo that shows headphones in McBean’s ears immediately after the 2013 shooting raises questions about the police version of events, including why the white earbuds were later found stuffed in the dead computer expert's pocket."

Signature

rob
Charter member
23210 posts
Tue Jul-02-19 08:06 PM

40. "a witch hunt and police bullshit"
In response to Reply # 38

are not mutually exclusive

>
>
>"And after the 2015 shooting of Jermaine McBean, BSO awarded
>two of its officers for “bravery” in shooting an unarmed
>man."
>
>
>https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/photo-raises-doubts-about-police-shooting-jermaine-mcbean-n366386
>
>
>"After Florida police shot Jermaine McBean to death as he
>walked home with an unloaded air rifle, they said there was no
>reason to believe he did not hear their orders to drop the
>weapon and that he pointed it at them.
>
>But a newly emerged photo that shows headphones in McBean’s
>ears immediately after the 2013 shooting raises questions
>about the police version of events, including why the white
>earbuds were later found stuffed in the dead computer expert's
>pocket."

Lurkmode
5188 posts
Tue Jul-02-19 08:22 PM

41. "It's not police bullshit, they are corrupt and it caught up with them"
In response to Reply # 40

>are not mutually exclusive
>

It's not a witch hunt, white kids died so no giving a pass this time.

"Nearly two years later, the shooting is still the subject of an "active investigation" by prosecutors. McBean's family filed a wrongful death and misconduct lawsuit against the sheriff's office several weeks ago.

Their attorney, civil rights lawyer David Schoen, says the photo of McBean with the headphones — which he provided to NBC News — is evidence of a "coverup."

The witness who took it, a nurse who asked to remain anonymous, says she pointed out the earbuds to police at the scene, after they rebuffed her offer to provide first aid to the dying man.

A transcript shows that Deputy Peter Peraza, who fired the fatal shots, repeatedly told sheriff's investigators that he did not see anything in McBean's ears.

And the homicide detective who led an internal review told McBean's relatives in an email that officers on the scene "confirmed” he was not wearing a earpiece — after the family explained that he always had them on when he was out walking. The detective said the buds were found in his pocket, with his phone, at the hospital.

"I was highly upset," McBean's mother, Jennifer Young, said of the moment she learned about the photo. "I said, 'They lied to me. What else have they lied about?'"

"He couldn't have fired that gun from the position he was in."
The Broward Sheriff's office declined to comment on the lawsuit, the investigation and its decision to give Peraza a commendation three months after the shooting.

A spokesman for the Broward State's Attorney's Office, Ron Ishoy, said there is an "active investigaton" that will be presented to a grand jury and declined to answer questions about the photo or McCarthy's account.

The union lawyer who represented Peraza when he gave a statement to homicide Detective Efrain Torres did not respond to requests for comment."

Signature

Brew
24419 posts
Tue Jul-02-19 07:51 PM

39. "^"

makaveli
Charter member
16305 posts
Wed Jul-03-19 08:48 AM

42. "Could be, but maybe not"

there could be more corruption we don't know about, seems like a drastic measure.

“So back we go to these questions — friendship, character… ethics.”

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Wed Jul-03-19 08:58 AM

43. "Blaming the who BSO is wild. "
In response to Reply # 36

That airport shooting was not preventable.

The Case for Christ Lecture: https://youtu.be/67uj2qvQi_k

Looking for Good News: https://www.goo

Riot
Member since May 25th 2005
14614 posts
Fri Jul-05-19 11:57 AM

44. "officer who waited in hallway during vegas mass shooting gets fired"
In response to Reply # 0

maybe if he pictured the shooter was a unarmed black teenager with a cell phone, then he wouldnt have chumped out and woulda gone in like rambo

also shows what happens when a cop really does "fear for his life"

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/shootings/police-fire-officer-who-waited-in-hallway-during-las-vegas-massacre-1700421/

)))--####---###--(((

bunda
<-.-> ^_^ \^0^/
get busy living, or get busy dying.

legsdiamond
79601 posts
Fri Jul-05-19 12:34 PM

45. "Facts!!!"
In response to Reply # 44

>maybe if he pictured the shooter was a unarmed black teenager
>with a cell phone, then he wouldnt have chumped out and woulda
>gone in like rambo
>
>
>
>
>also shows what happens when a cop really does "fear for his
>life"
>
>https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/shootings/police-fire-officer-who-waited-in-hallway-during-las-vegas-massacre-1700421/

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Mon Jul-08-19 12:24 AM

46. "Yet for years 911 has been a joke in the hood, hmmmm."
In response to Reply # 0

I usually don't fuck with the "two wrongs make a right" argument that right shouldn't be done in one case because it's not in another, but the difference is striking here. Negligence in lower-income communities is a standard practice (not to mention corruption and violence among police themselves, which is protected almost completely), but now that it's in a high-profile situation and with a lot of white victims, bang, this guy is about to get hammered. I mean, he was negligent AF, but we don't see all situations viewed equally, do we?

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Thee Phantom
Member since Jul 18th 2005
2775 posts
Sun Aug-04-19 03:43 PM

47. "We All Know He Won't Get Convicted"
In response to Reply # 0

They just want a thumbs up for the attempt.

IG: @illharmonic.orchestra
Youtube: www.youtube.com/theephantom

Lobby General Discussion topic #13336820 Previous topic | Next topic