Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13336200

Subject: "RIP Medical debt: churches paying off millions in medical debt" Previous topic | Next topic
legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79616 posts
Fri May-31-19 11:52 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"RIP Medical debt: churches paying off millions in medical debt"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2019/05/31/church-pays-medical-bills-debt-rip-medical-debt/1286600001/

Dope story. The Black community needs to start doing this. Numbers are a little funny but the actual process is great.

Since debt collectors are trying to collect pennies on the dollar it doesn’t take much to wipe out a lot of folks medical debt. $22,000 dollars was able to knock out 18 million in medical debt. Kinda shows how ridiculous medical cost can be.

and of course some racist assholes are donating and asking churches not to pay off other faiths or people from different backgrounds but thankfully they ignore these people.

—-
18 churches have been able to abolish $34.4 million of debt since the start of 2018
RIP Medical Debt, a nonprofit organization, arranges these debt payoffs

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Black churches BEEN doing this....
May 31st 2019
I mean directly paying off funds
May 31st 2019
This is great! I love it!
May 31st 2019
Some Of These Churches Need To Invest In Hospitals Instead
May 31st 2019

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44616 posts
Fri May-31-19 11:55 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Black churches BEEN doing this...."
In response to Reply # 0

I vividly recall many times the Sunday collection being handed off someone in need back in my church going days....
I also recall the arguments between the elders over who's deserving of the funds.

"Get ready....for your blessing....."
"Bury me by my Grand-Grand and when you can come follow me"

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79616 posts
Fri May-31-19 02:01 PM

3. "I mean directly paying off funds"
In response to Reply # 1

Not sliding a person an envelope.

Cause half the time life happens and that debt stays on the books

Not knocking em tho..

My church paid my rent one month during a rough semester in college.

Won’t he do it.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Fri May-31-19 12:47 PM

2. "This is great! I love it! "
In response to Reply # 0

“It was the evidence from science and history that prompted me to abandon my atheism and become a Christian.” — Lee Strobel, The Case for Christ

Dj Joey Joe
Member since Sep 01st 2007
13770 posts
Fri May-31-19 09:02 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "Some Of These Churches Need To Invest In Hospitals Instead"
In response to Reply # 0

If these churches invested in their community instead of letting everyone come in them and make money off the community if they owned it then they can dictate what the bills are and lower cost of people would have to pay to receive basic goods like food, water, health coverage, etc.

https://tinyurl.com/y4ba6hog

---------
"We in here talking about later career Prince records
& your fool ass is cruising around in a time machine
trying to collect props for a couple of sociopathic degenerates" - s.blak

Lobby General Discussion topic #13336200 Previous topic | Next topic