Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13331159

Subject: "M1 Finance, Acorns, Robinhood. Stash, etc What's your experience?" Previous topic | Next topic
Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Wed May-08-19 10:08 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"M1 Finance, Acorns, Robinhood. Stash, etc What's your experience?"

I currently have Robinhood, it's cool. But I just jumped in with M1 and it seems to be more robust and is equally user-friendly. My wife uses Acorns and she loves it. But M1 seems to be the way to you want to buy fractions of stock, add an IRA, or just build these pies with as many stocks as you want to help with growth and balance. M1 is great for novice folks too because of their Expert Pies that are pre-built for low risk.

So, what are you using and how has it been going?

"I cannot see how nature could have created itself. Only a supernatural force that is outside of space and time could have done that. ~ Francis Collins

"Whatever you do, do it enthusiastically, as something done for the Lord and not for men..."~ Co

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Currently not any, but have a friend that loves Acorns
May 08th 2019
I think you'd like M1, There is a $100 account deposit requirement
May 08th 2019
I need to turn my acorns back on
May 08th 2019
You should check out M1
May 08th 2019
      Just signed up!!!
Aug 29th 2019
I put $25 in Betterment, checked it 6 months later $0
Aug 29th 2019
How did you lose all of it???
Aug 29th 2019
What????
Aug 29th 2019
I use Betterment
Aug 29th 2019
I like M1 so far.
Aug 29th 2019

Nodima
Member since Jul 30th 2008
15297 posts
Wed May-08-19 10:19 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "Currently not any, but have a friend that loves Acorns"
In response to Reply # 0

She says its great for a service industry person because you're always looking for ways to stash money away anyway and not spend it all on after work hang outs and siphoning the extra change off card purchases is real easy to relate to coin jars and siphoning off half of cash tips for rainy days. I keep thinking to get it going but never get to it.

~~~~~~~~~
"This is the streets, and I am the trap." � Jay Bilas
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/archive/contributor/517
Hip Hop Handbook: http://tinyurl.com/ll4kzz

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Wed May-08-19 10:33 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "I think you'd like M1, There is a $100 account deposit requirement "
In response to Reply # 1

But that money is going to be what you use to invest and there are NO fees.

"I cannot see how nature could have created itself. Only a supernatural force that is outside of space and time could have done that. ~ Francis Collins

"Whatever you do, do it enthusiastically, as something done for the Lord and not for men..."~ Co

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79586 posts
Wed May-08-19 11:36 AM

3. "I need to turn my acorns back on"
In response to Reply # 0

I had it but I was broker than a mug so I kept dipping into it

I also have a Roth IRA I started contributing to again

Need to up my investment game a bit.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Wed May-08-19 12:11 PM

4. "You should check out M1"
In response to Reply # 3

I think you are up on things enough to make some good decisions and real impact.

legsdiamond
79586 posts
Thu Aug-29-19 02:00 PM

5. "Just signed up!!! "
In response to Reply # 4

Already up a few dollars. Going to get my wife in on it too.

I’m thinking about rolling my 401K from the last gig and another account into this platform. I looked at the fees on one of my chase accounts and they are gouging me.

I like the way this is set up too.

I love how you can by fractions of stocks.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Tw3nty
Member since Jan 02nd 2007
8466 posts
Thu Aug-29-19 02:13 PM

6. "I put $25 in Betterment, checked it 6 months later $0"
In response to Reply # 0

I was expecting to come back to roughly the same amount,
I need to read some guides or something.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

PimpTrickGangstaClik
Member since Oct 06th 2005
15894 posts
Thu Aug-29-19 02:57 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "How did you lose all of it???"
In response to Reply # 6
Thu Aug-29-19 02:59 PM by PimpTrickGangstaClik

The stock market wasn't that bad.
Somebody robbed you

legsdiamond
79586 posts
Thu Aug-29-19 03:42 PM

8. "What???? "
In response to Reply # 6

That’s crazy. I know they have fees but damn.

Do they have an inactivity fee?

sectachrome86
Member since Dec 22nd 2007
2729 posts
Thu Aug-29-19 03:44 PM

9. "I use Betterment"
In response to Reply # 0

I have most of my money in it. I only have just enough in my regular savings to cover for any cash emergencies I might need immediately. My emergency fund is in their new "Everyday Savings" account and currently getting 2.38 APY. A smaller amount is in a regular Investment account set to moderate risk. I have regular auto deposits set up for both.

Performance hasn't been that great but its better than just leaving it all in a regular savings account collecting dust. I like the app. I have no clue about stocks and investing and am not really interested in it so it works for me.

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.soundcloud.com/sectachrome

legsdiamond
79586 posts
Thu Aug-29-19 04:01 PM

10. "I like M1 so far. "
In response to Reply # 9

I’m rolling my old jobs 401Ks into a Roth.

I’m mad aggressive with this new investment I just started.

Also have the kids 529’s.

Just trying to have a few things in the mix.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13331159 Previous topic | Next topic