Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13329084

Subject: "Whats the best way to reach a famous person/celebrity? " Previous topic | Next topic
double negative
Member since Dec 14th 2007
22151 posts
Mon Apr-29-19 10:42 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Whats the best way to reach a famous person/celebrity? "

background:

I lived through the LA riots, I lived right in the epicenter @ Florence & Normandie.

After the burned buildings cooled off, owners/contractors/the city started to tear everything down so the hood was surrounded by piles of rubble.

My house at that time, after the riots had an interesting quirk - our backyard was up against an industrial building that burned down and for some months you could clearly see Normandie from our backyard, you could just walk from the grass to the street. Because of this our house selected by a location scout to film a piece about the effects of the riot on the hood.

It was either HBO or Showtime. Cuba Gooding Jr. was the host since Boyz came out in 1991 and the riots happened in 1992.

Two things happened when he was there filming.

The first thing is the gang bangers were cut very differently from the gangsters of today - they were still banging but were strangely socially conscious. They straight up confronted the filming crew and threatened violence because they felt the crew was exploiting tragedy and were not trusting the final product to be reflective of how life really was in the hood. There was also a gross element of "ya'll here, you need to check in and hit us off with some money if you want to be here"

The second thing is, before the crew packed the fuck up and left I managed to get a picture with Cuba Gooding jr.

So now with the ability to connect with people, I really want to get to the bottom of what happened. There is NO mention of the filming project on IMDB and I've tried searching for it through the years.

So, I guess I want to know what the best possible way would be - he's not on twitter but hes on Instagram. I could just post the image and tag him on some "What you know about this?" but hes a celebrity so I'm sure for him it's nothing but noise or its a managed account.

WWYD?

https://soundcloud.com/swageyph/yph-die-with-me

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
the story in your head is better than what the real one probably is
Apr 29th 2019
Twitter/IG
Apr 29th 2019
imdb has contact info
Apr 29th 2019
I'd tweet the picture at him, and ask him what happened to the project
Apr 29th 2019
I heard he answers Craigslist ads
Apr 29th 2019

tomjohn29
Member since Oct 18th 2004
16802 posts
Mon Apr-29-19 10:45 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "the story in your head is better than what the real one probably is"
In response to Reply # 0

i wouldn't not seek an answer

Navem nu, cuando sol
Tutu nu, vondo nos nu
Vita em, no continous non
Nos nu ekta nos sepe ta, amen

When the sun shades the ship
We sweat and life is not safe
To swim or to touch not
When we unite we hedge amen

Cam
Charter member
13286 posts
Mon Apr-29-19 11:10 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Twitter/IG"
In response to Reply # 0

or in Cuba's case, a hotel bar. He's accessible.
https://www.instagram.com/cubagoodingjr/

Selah
Member since Jun 05th 2002
16484 posts
Mon Apr-29-19 11:11 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "imdb has contact info"
In response to Reply # 0

see also: https://bookingagentinfo.com

generally your goal is to look for contact info like publicists, agents, and the like

you could also try social media (twitter, etc)

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49401 posts
Mon Apr-29-19 11:23 AM

4. "I'd tweet the picture at him, and ask him what happened to the project"
In response to Reply # 0

and ask your friend with 100k followers to retweet it to get his attention.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Mon Apr-29-19 11:28 AM

5. "I heard he answers Craigslist ads"
In response to Reply # 0

Everything looks like Oprah kissing Harvey Weinstein these days

Lobby General Discussion topic #13329084 Previous topic | Next topic