Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13328719

Subject: "FRIDAY "gotta start the day off right, man!"" Previous topic | Next topic
PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Apr-26-19 11:15 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"FRIDAY "gotta start the day off right, man!""

short week was nice... weekend gonna be way too short tho.. but at least we've made it here.

How is everybody doing today? Hows your weekend looking? I got the one kid who works every weekend coming out Satyrday evening so it'll be good to see him... other than that trying to finish up some housework and yardwork... maybe band practice I don't know... lol seems the evaporation of the gig has taken some wind out of those sails. oh well I got my own projects to work on once I get through the aforementioned house n yard ish.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Loungin.....
Apr 26th 2019
long time no see holmes.
Apr 26th 2019
Award brunch in the morning where my wife is being recognized...
Apr 26th 2019
yeah I feel you on the lockdown on spending. I need to do that.
Apr 26th 2019
Going to bounce early today... kinda anxious to start the weekend
Apr 26th 2019
nice.. enjoy.
Apr 26th 2019
getting the AC turned on tonight
Apr 26th 2019
It's still april.. something is amiss in some places imo
Apr 26th 2019
ive needed the AC for the past two weeks
Apr 26th 2019
      I like it myself... but in april that just ain't right.
Apr 26th 2019
           ill definitely take this heat over houston heat
Apr 26th 2019
                without spoiling howzit measure up to the hype?
Apr 26th 2019
                     if youre into the marvel movies you will love it
Apr 26th 2019
                          some more than others.. plus...
Apr 26th 2019
                               i wouldnt rush to see all the movies
Apr 26th 2019
                                    seen most to all
Apr 26th 2019
                                         you should be good with infinity war
Apr 26th 2019
Enjoy that trip to the fullest. Remember this: THEY'RE PAYING FOR IT!
Apr 26th 2019
definitely plan on it
Apr 26th 2019
      Word! Next best thing might be some Clark’s desert boots.
Apr 26th 2019
           those are pretty cool
Apr 26th 2019
                I’ve always heard that Rockports are comfortable. Never had a pair.
Apr 26th 2019
                     you won, i got some CHs lol
Apr 29th 2019
                          LOL... Nah, bro! You did.
Apr 29th 2019
                               show up to work and am like why this ish at top of the page?
Apr 29th 2019
ugh it's supposed to fucking snow here tomorrow
Apr 26th 2019
      yuck that's no good!
Apr 26th 2019

NoDrawls McGraw
Member since Jun 24th 2007
12122 posts
Fri Apr-26-19 11:50 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Loungin....."
In response to Reply # 0

Its that time of year,...
Sactown startin to warm up out dis muhfukka.
Pretty sure Ima be drankin a gang of cold beer over the weekend as a result.

https://chriswind.bandcamp.com/track/massage

"You can take an African out of Africa, but you can't take Africa out of the African"
Afro-Americana/Afro-Caribbana/Afro-Latino unite. We are ALL Black!

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Apr-26-19 02:43 PM

8. "long time no see holmes."
In response to Reply # 1

>Pretty sure Ima be drankin a gang of cold beer over the
>weekend as a result.
>
.. I'll likely do the same up here.

Creole
Charter member
15425 posts
Fri Apr-26-19 12:46 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Award brunch in the morning where my wife is being recognized..."
In response to Reply # 0

for her community service work.

That's messed me up. I gave up my haircut appointment because of the timing. Now, I can't find anybody to shape me up before the event tomorrow morning.

Otherwise, I'm sitting still because I need to go hard for a couple months and not blow $$$ frivolously. Approaching the final stretch before buying another crib. So, I'll be sitting in front of the tv or, if the weather is nice, sitting outside smoking a nice stogie.

Man, I wish for all of y'all to have the greatest weekend possible!

--- praying for peace, love, and power

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Apr-26-19 02:41 PM

7. "yeah I feel you on the lockdown on spending. I need to do that."
In response to Reply # 2

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13573 posts
Fri Apr-26-19 01:12 PM

3. "Going to bounce early today... kinda anxious to start the weekend"
In response to Reply # 0

Too much Friday afternoon talking in this office for my tastes.

Beer, bud, gardening, tools and instruments all weekend.

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Apr-26-19 02:40 PM

6. "nice.. enjoy."
In response to Reply # 3

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16414 posts
Fri Apr-26-19 02:29 PM

4. "getting the AC turned on tonight"
In response to Reply # 0

were back to the 90s. based on my water bill i didnt turn on my AC until june last year. i dont know if it has gotten warmer earlier or how i managed to deal with this until june last year.

i played some more zelda last weekend, got hooked...except i didnt because i havent been able to get some time on it during the week lol. ill make up for that this weekend im sure.

going to keep rewatching GOT. im on s2 ep 4 i think. im hoping i can rewatch it all before the last episode. not sure if that will include s8 as well. my business trip will throw a wrench in that.

speaking of, i think i should do some shopping or prepping for it this weekend so im not surprised next weekend if i need anything. im thinking maybe some business casual shoes i can wear with *shudders* khakis.

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Apr-26-19 02:40 PM

5. "It's still april.. something is amiss in some places imo"
In response to Reply # 4

seeing Trin's forecast the other day... naw man unless you fully tropical it's too early for all that.. does not bode well imo.

mista k5
16414 posts
Fri Apr-26-19 03:32 PM

10. "ive needed the AC for the past two weeks"
In response to Reply # 5

definitely been sitting in front of fans with less and less close. havent turned on the heater at all. so im hoping best case is that i will have the AC there when its hot and just not turn it on the rest of the time. im hoping i dont actually need it on every day, at least not until memorial day.

we were in the mid 90s last week. get a cool front that got us in the 80s lol back to the 90s now. i wont be surprised to see a 100 in the next two weeks.

yay dry heat.

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Apr-26-19 03:40 PM

11. "I like it myself... but in april that just ain't right."
In response to Reply # 10

I like the heat really it's been a long minute since I met heat I didn't like.. I think I just hit my wall with the rain and cold up here and realized that I was really just imagining discomfort in the summer heat... dry, humid, I don't mind I'll take the nevada desert or the florida swelter over what we get for the large portion of the year here.

mista k5
16414 posts
Fri Apr-26-19 03:48 PM

13. "ill definitely take this heat over houston heat"
In response to Reply # 11

humidity plus temp over 85%?? nah. give me 100% here instead. what sucks is when it gets humid here in the summer. that AC unit does nothing. it usually doesnt last more than a couple of weeks.

this friday has gone well. saw the movie this morning. had time to get some food and go home before coming to work. i actually took a 10 min nap lol. had to rush back.

when i get here i parked next to me officemate and my coworker pulled up right after. i was thinking great, they timed there lunch so theyre here when i get here. nope. when i get in the office my coworker comes in a bit later and they start talking about having to go somewhere. turns out they were going with the boss to check out another facility. so ive been all alone uninterrupted since i got in. at this point they wont be here for more than an hour if that before they leave. lol

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Apr-26-19 03:50 PM

14. "without spoiling howzit measure up to the hype?"
In response to Reply # 13

i mean this hype is huge... that seldom works out imo.

mista k5
16414 posts
Fri Apr-26-19 04:01 PM

15. "if youre into the marvel movies you will love it"
In response to Reply # 14

i dont know how much people will enjoy it if theyre not into the marvel movies.

i would say at minimum you would need to see infinity war to appreciate it.

i think infinity war was more accessible for people that havent really followed the movies. this one was for the fans.

for me it was great. it hit on every emotion you would expect it to.

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Apr-26-19 04:18 PM

16. "some more than others.. plus..."
In response to Reply # 15

I've yet to see infinity wars so already knew I had to get up to speed first... I'm also wondering if I shouldn't revisit some of the ones I didn't pay as much attention to just to be able to take in the whole thing properly... at any rate I'm likely looking at when it's out of theaters.

mista k5
16414 posts
Fri Apr-26-19 04:25 PM

17. "i wouldnt rush to see all the movies"
In response to Reply # 16

definitely see infinity war. there are a lot of pay offs to older films but i would argue those are enjoyable even if you dont connect the dots to the older film.

which ones havent you seen?

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Apr-26-19 04:44 PM

18. "seen most to all"
In response to Reply # 17

have not seen Captain Marvel yet or Infinity War.... didn't really get into the captain america films much.. don't really remember the first Thor or the first Avengers.. might've missed dark world.. watched civil war and homecoming but really didn't pay attention much lol.... looking through the list I think my favs were the comedic ones ant-man and gaurdians then probably doc strange and black panther.. i mean the first 2 ironmans were pretty kickass too but I did not dig the 3rd as much.

mista k5
16414 posts
Fri Apr-26-19 04:52 PM

19. "you should be good with infinity war"
In response to Reply # 18

i wouldnt rewatch any before seeing endgame. i really liked captain marvel. i dont think its a must watch before endgame but it was definitely fun.

i think endgame hits an all the good stuff from marvel movies without being bogged down with the sometimes lackluster backstories or filler of some of their worse movies.

Creole
Charter member
15425 posts
Fri Apr-26-19 02:43 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
9. "Enjoy that trip to the fullest. Remember this: THEY'RE PAYING FOR IT!"
In response to Reply # 4

>speaking of, i think i should do some shopping or prepping for
>it this weekend so im not surprised next weekend if i need
>anything. im thinking maybe some business casual shoes i can
>wear with *shudders* khakis.

LOL

Cop a pair of these or any of the other versions. They're comfortable and can go up or down the spectrum of dress depending on what you need them for.

https://www.colehaan.com/mens-zerogrand-wingtip-oxford-black-black/C20719.html?dwvar_C20719_color=Black-black&dwvar_C20719_width=#cgid=mens_shoes_grandicons&cta=MPCO2&start=17

mista k5
16414 posts
Fri Apr-26-19 03:43 PM

12. "definitely plan on it"
In response to Reply # 9

last year i didnt have a good time because my feet were killing me. the shoes i took were horrible for walking and boy did we walk. sometimes we walked faaast.

so i definitely need something comfortable. i checked that link but uhm yeah ive never spent over $100 on shoes lol $300???? im usually in the $50 range and have only gone significantly over that with the $85 voucher works gives me for work shoes. i bought some steel toe ones this year thinking i would take them but they just look goofy with how wide the steel toe makes them lol. not to mention they will be heavy for walking all day. i actually havent worn them anywhere. i need to replace the shoe laces.

i dont know what shoes to look for but i definitely want to stay below $100.

Creole
Charter member
15425 posts
Fri Apr-26-19 04:52 PM

20. "Word! Next best thing might be some Clark’s desert boots."
In response to Reply # 12

These are on sale at Macy’s for $60. Either way, you need that inform while you’re walking a bunch.

https://mcys.co/2MSghEG

mista k5
16414 posts
Fri Apr-26-19 05:03 PM

21. "those are pretty cool"
In response to Reply # 20

i used to have something similar. i think im going to stay away from a boot.

im thinking of getting these rockports but i would want to try them on in store.

https://www.amazon.com/Rockport-Style-Leader-Bike-Slip/dp/B00N87HVYK/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1482096850&sr=8-1&keywords=Rockport%2BMen%27s%2BStyle%2BLeader%2B2%2BBike%2BSlip-On%2BLoafer&linkCode=sl1&tag=fmyf-20&linkId=9d55853f1ed63060265a6933aa7b9b37&th=1&psc=1

i think they should be versatile enough, no laces going through the airport would be a plus. i dont love the look but i do like it.

i might just order them and if the size isnt right i should be able to get another pair in before the trip.

im thinking ill hit up some stores tonight or tomorrow morning and see if i find something i like more or at minimum try on a few rockports to see how the size fits me.

if you have any suggestions for something similar i would appreciate it.

Creole
Charter member
15425 posts
Fri Apr-26-19 06:22 PM

24. "I’ve always heard that Rockports are comfortable. Never had a pair."
In response to Reply # 21
Fri Apr-26-19 06:27 PM by Creole

Lace ups, such as the ones I suggested, do seem to allow for a little more versatility. However, that’s just my preference I believe. Rockport has a very similar shoe that’s slightly cheaper than the Cole Haan I suggested.

If you’ve got a DSW near you, there’s a chance you could find a pair of the CH’s on sale. Plenty of folks I know, including women, have found a nice and nicely priced CH. You may also find other options (same or different brand) that work for your desired price point but that are also stylish and comfortable enough for you. CH is owned by Nike and uses their Air technology. My previous statement stands though. Check a DSW or other store like Marshall's. You never know.

Here’s the Rockport: https://www.rockport.com/rockport/total-motion%C2%AE-sport-dress-wingtip/tmsportdresswingtip.html

The Rockports that you are considering might work really well if you prefer the loafer.

mista k5
16414 posts
Mon Apr-29-19 10:26 AM

25. "you won, i got some CHs lol"
In response to Reply # 24

their shoes look much better in person. they had the rockports i wanted but not in my size. when i compared them the CH just look like better quality. the rockports arent bad at all but i thought i would be left wanting nicer shoes if i went with them.

these are the ones i got.
https://www.dsw.com/en/us/product/cole-haan-buckland-cap-toe-oxford/423558

seem pretty comfortable. i got the cognac color. i bought some laces incase the ones it come with untie by themselves. i signed up for the vip program so i got $15 off the $130 price. definitely the nicest shoes ive had. i think theyre versatile enough to go with anything where im not trying to just be super casual. definitely will go nice with any dressed up look.

i think im going to get some half soles on them before the trip. i already applied waterproofing. i might also get some heel liners to be safe. they felt pretty comfortable but the inside heel area was definitely light on padding compared to the rockports. not as thin as the other dress shoes there but it wont hurt to have some extra comfort. my main concern is that i use some insoles with arcs. im not sure if i will be able to fit them in there or if they are needed.

Creole
Charter member
15425 posts
Mon Apr-29-19 11:01 AM

26. "LOL... Nah, bro! You did. "
In response to Reply # 25

Put a nice generous coat of neutral polish on them to get that cap toe shining and you'll be in there like swimwear.

Tell Nike/Cole Haan to run me my money!

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Mon Apr-29-19 11:03 AM

27. "show up to work and am like why this ish at top of the page?"
In response to Reply # 26

lol.... carry on.

shygurl
Member since Oct 08th 2002
13361 posts
Fri Apr-26-19 05:41 PM

22. "ugh it's supposed to fucking snow here tomorrow"
In response to Reply # 4

I'm jealous of your warm temps, fuck this weather.

I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.

— F. Scott Fitzgerald

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Apr-26-19 05:58 PM

23. "yuck that's no good!"
In response to Reply # 22

stupid world.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13328719 Previous topic | Next topic