Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13328586

Subject: ""You gon talk to me abt money laundering..in Baltimore?"Mayor on the run..." Previous topic | Next topic
PimpTrickGangstaClik
Member since Oct 06th 2005
15894 posts
Thu Apr-25-19 03:59 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
""You gon talk to me abt money laundering..in Baltimore?"Mayor on the run..."
Thu Apr-25-19 04:02 PM by PimpTrickGangstaClik

Sheeeiiiiittt.
Selling her self published children's books for 800k in kick backs.

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/IRS-FBI-Search-Home-of-Baltimore-Mayor-Catherine-Pugh-Baltimore-City-Hall-509049461.html

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Apr 25th 2019
"Because if some federal motherfucka come through the door, I say, 'Hey....
Apr 25th 2019
Real talk, i'd love a copy of one her Healthy Holly books. Always lookin...
Apr 26th 2019
Somebody from the Baltimore Sun found one
Apr 26th 2019
politics some devil shit.
Apr 26th 2019
I mean it's basically written down lol
Apr 26th 2019
The last three mayors of this city have have been Black. 2 of the 3...
Apr 26th 2019
Meh. Dixon got caught up over like $500
Apr 26th 2019
REMIX: Dixon got caught up over embezzling like $15k
Apr 26th 2019
Dixon's real crimes were the tax breaks she gave out.
Apr 26th 2019
Blake was pretty ineffective. Riots notwithstanding.
Apr 29th 2019

PimpTrickGangstaClik
Member since Oct 06th 2005
15894 posts
Thu Apr-25-19 04:01 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "."
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Apr-25-19 04:02 PM by PimpTrickGangstaClik

mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44728 posts
Thu Apr-25-19 04:10 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. ""Because if some federal motherfucka come through the door, I say, 'Hey...."
In response to Reply # 0

"'It's all in the game!'"

"You think I have time to ask a man why he's giving me money? Or where he gets his money from?"

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44619 posts
Fri Apr-26-19 07:40 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "Real talk, i'd love a copy of one her Healthy Holly books. Always lookin..."
In response to Reply # 0

for children's books with Black kids in them.

Mafamaticks
Member since Jan 12th 2004
4667 posts
Fri Apr-26-19 11:58 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "Somebody from the Baltimore Sun found one"
In response to Reply # 3

and she didn't even put any effort in the books. Shit was a scheme from the jump.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79755 posts
Fri Apr-26-19 08:46 AM

4. "politics some devil shit. "
In response to Reply # 0

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Fri Apr-26-19 09:09 AM

5. "I mean it's basically written down lol"
In response to Reply # 4

And the Devil said to Him, "To You I will give their glory and all this authority; for it has been given over to me, and I give it to anyone I please

Everything looks like Oprah kissing Harvey Weinstein these days

Creole
Charter member
15427 posts
Fri Apr-26-19 09:14 AM

6. "The last three mayors of this city have have been Black. 2 of the 3..."
In response to Reply # 0

have proven to be corrupt. The third one hasn't been caught up in the BS. She was the one that many of the natives didn't like because she did not seem, to them, to be a people's person. She was in charge when the last riots popped off. Because of those two things, she decided to not run for re-election. She initially took over as the "Acting" when her predecessor got jammed up.

Sheila Dixon
Stephanie Rawlings-Blake
Catherine Pugh

Considering the low voter turnout in the city, the shifting demographics, and the timing of the next mayoral election, I truly believe that Baltimore has seen its last Black mayor for a long while.

--- praying for peace, love, and power

Triptych
Charter member
30127 posts
Fri Apr-26-19 12:43 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IMClick to send message via ICQ
8. "Meh. Dixon got caught up over like $500"
In response to Reply # 6
Fri Apr-26-19 01:33 PM by Triptych

She's still popular in the city and had a strong campaign last cycle.

Of course if Pugh doesn't make it out the term, as seems likely, we'll be looking at the current city council pres (black guy).

City is still black though. Mosby is still popular. I like the former police chief (white, forget his name).

http://instagram.com/yogikenan
http://instagram.com/shotbykenan
http://stackoverflow.com/users/43089/triptych
http://github.com/djtriptych

Creole
Charter member
15427 posts
Fri Apr-26-19 01:58 PM

9. "REMIX: Dixon got caught up over embezzling like $15k"
In response to Reply # 8
Fri Apr-26-19 01:59 PM by Creole

>She's still popular in the city and had a strong campaign
>last cycle.

Dixon pleaded guilty/copped to that charge. She also had ties to passing out contracts to her boyfriend and other companies. That didn't help. I dug her but she played her part in letting the people down. And though she is popular, it's obvious to me that some people vote by their heart and not by what is truly best for the city as it moves forward.

https://baltimorebrew.com/2015/07/02/fur-coats-and-tax-breaks-dusting-off-the-details-of-the-sheila-dixon-story/

https://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/02/us/02baltimore.html

>
>Of course if Pugh doesn't make it out the term, as seems
>likely, we'll be looking at the current city council pres
>(black guy).

Jack Young will be the Acting until the next election unless something changes before 2020..

>City is still black though. Mosby is still popular. I like the
>former police chief (white, forget his name).

Most definitely is still overwhelmingly Black. If that overwhelming majority of people participates and shows up, there could still be a Black mayor in the near future. I just don't feel hopeful about it since the numbers of voters is low. And with the influx of colonizing gentrifiers, the odds decrease. By "Mosby", do you mean the husband or the wife? Interesting thought for either one of them.

--- praying for peace, love, and power

Castro
Charter member
50756 posts
Fri Apr-26-19 10:49 PM

10. "Dixon's real crimes were the tax breaks she gave out."
In response to Reply # 8

Hopkins received their P.I.L.O.T (payment in lieu of taxes) deal during her term, and a couple other deals like that went down. I also found that there were several (that I found first hand) deals where the city paid exorbitant amounts of money for abandoned lots or dilapidated houses...like a house that would normally be sold for 10k going for 155k. All of the ones I found were sold during Sheila's term, and when I followed up to find info on the company that the city purchased the building from (it was never an individual), they were nowhere to be found. No real address, no contact info.

So yeah, Sheila isn't any better. That police chief you are thinking about is connected to the folks that murdered Sean Suiter...he would be terrible.

------------------
One Hundred.

Overqualified
Member since May 03rd 2006
4543 posts
Mon Apr-29-19 12:34 AM

11. "Blake was pretty ineffective. Riots notwithstanding."
In response to Reply # 6

With the iron grip Democrats have on this city, there's a lot of "It's your turn" when it comes to levels of government (as well as an electorate that's either disengaged or not sophisticated enough to make the critical decisions in the booth that the city so desperately needs). Despite her age, Blake had been around for a long time, she was Baltimore's youngest elected city council member if I recall correctly. Aside from a slew of bad deals like the Grand Prix and the Horseshoe, she was steadily priming herself for higher office instead of trying to fix the multitude of immediate problems Baltimore has. The riots were the last straw and after that the bloom came off her rose abd she got out of politics. We work at the same place now. Lol.

Streets won't let me chill.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13328586 Previous topic | Next topic