Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13323703

Subject: "Parents of OKP, how is middle school for your child?" Previous topic | Next topic
walihorse
Member since Aug 03rd 2006
16125 posts
Mon Apr-01-19 04:01 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Parents of OKP, how is middle school for your child?"

Parents, a co-worker just told me that she is nervous about her daughter going to middle school in 2 years because... her friend with a middle schooler is saying... Kids are bring alcohol and pills (molly and opioids) to school, boys are trying to constantly initiate sexting or send dick pics and the girls are say they're are lesbian or bi.

This is all just from one person, so I'm skeptical.

Granted, I went to middle school in the late 90's, so the internet was not in my pocket like kids have now, but I do not remember knowing what certain drugs were. I did chase girls, but using my house phone.

żIf a fat guy falls in the woods and there is no one around to see it, do the trees laugh?

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Sounds about right.
Apr 01st 2019
i can't understand how ya'll walk around here
Apr 01st 2019
ummm thats sounds normal for middle school
Apr 01st 2019
sounds like middle school for me but with modern tech
Apr 01st 2019
so far so good
Apr 01st 2019
Cool so far. Son's a 6th grader.
Apr 01st 2019
Tweens gonna Tween
Apr 02nd 2019
This is absolutely true
Apr 02nd 2019
Eastside Middle School w/ Mr. Clark as principal?
Apr 02nd 2019
im concerned about them bringing guns to school...
Apr 02nd 2019

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79495 posts
Mon Apr-01-19 04:14 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Sounds about right. "
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Apr-01-19 04:29 PM by legsdiamond

Edit:

I don’t have kids in middle school. My wife teaches middle and HS.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

hardware
Member since May 22nd 2007
42304 posts
Mon Apr-01-19 04:35 PM

2. "i can't understand how ya'll walk around here"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Apr-01-19 04:37 PM by hardware

and not remember the handful of parents at the school that were scared of fucking everything.

and how mildy legit the fear was.

and how everybody in middle school is trying to find their identity and acting out these social cues

phones aint got nothing to do with it

tomjohn29
Member since Oct 18th 2004
16802 posts
Mon Apr-01-19 05:33 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "ummm thats sounds normal for middle school"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Apr-01-19 05:33 PM by tomjohn29

what exactly is the problem?
especially mid tier public school

Navem nu, cuando sol
Tutu nu, vondo nos nu
Vita em, no continous non
Nos nu ekta nos sepe ta, amen

When the sun shades the ship
We sweat and life is not safe
To swim or to touch not
When we unite we hedge amen

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85051 posts
Mon Apr-01-19 05:33 PM

4. "sounds like middle school for me but with modern tech"
In response to Reply # 0

instead of just sending it straight on phones we did it on chat rooms or web cams.

<--- Big Baller World Order

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Mon Apr-01-19 06:35 PM

5. "so far so good"
In response to Reply # 0

I dont like the thought of my developing 12 yr old being around no nasty ass musty 14 yr old boys. I think it's a recipe for disaster but I just try to keep a strong home foundation.

I aint scared.

I'll fuck you and your kid up. LOL

IG: amadu_me

"...Whateva, man..." (c) Redman

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13561 posts
Mon Apr-01-19 06:44 PM

6. "Cool so far. Son's a 6th grader."
In response to Reply # 0

It's a small school tho, so all of the kids tend to know each other. They have sex-ed class in school, so it is what it is at this point. No liquor, lol.

Boogiedwn
Member since Sep 25th 2003
8677 posts
Tue Apr-02-19 07:49 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "Tweens gonna Tween"
In response to Reply # 0

All of that plus them still acting like they are 8 at times - this is middle school stuff (mostly 7th/8th graders stuff you described though).

>Parents, a co-worker just told me that she is nervous about her daughter going to middle school in 2 years because... her friend with a middle schooler is saying... Kids are bring alcohol and pills (molly and opioids) to school, boys are trying to constantly initiate sexting or send dick pics and the girls are say they're are lesbian or bi.

Krispee
Member since May 23rd 2010
3816 posts
Tue Apr-02-19 07:57 AM

8. "This is absolutely true"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Apr-02-19 07:58 AM by Krispee

my friend was warned by the school nurse that off-campus oral sex is common among the 6th 7th and 8th graders

these kids vape on their way to school and in the bathrooms and locker rooms

one kid sells pills, weed, vape pens, finger vibrators, trial-size Listerine bottles filled with alcohol

they send random nude pics to anyone on their contact list

they're bisexual and in "polygamous" relationships with each other

there's so many new social media apps for these kids its hard for parents to keep up ("wtf is House Party app?" that's the question I had when I heard about the way the new way kids live stream their make-out parties)

these kids are crazy, sneaky and smart, you gotta watch your own kids like a hawk now a days

edit: I forgot about the jerk who told my friend's daughter in front of all their friends that he wanted to eat her asshole

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13561 posts
Tue Apr-02-19 10:36 AM

10. "Eastside Middle School w/ Mr. Clark as principal?"
In response to Reply # 8

Krispee up in there talking about, "they chained the doors!"

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Tue Apr-02-19 10:12 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
9. "im concerned about them bringing guns to school..."
In response to Reply # 0

They weren’t doing that back in my day but, drugs were.. sex wasn’t as prevalent as it is now but did exist. I bear witness...

Lobby General Discussion topic #13323703 Previous topic | Next topic