Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13322737

Subject: "** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **" Previous topic | Next topic
Geah
Member since Feb 16th 2007
48407 posts
Tue Mar-26-19 10:52 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"

Zzz

@geahuwine

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
For the record...
Mar 27th 2019
I get angry whenever one of my coworkers starts sneezing and coughing
Mar 27th 2019
^^^be out here death-shaming people^^^^
Mar 27th 2019
No More Mr Nice Guy
Mar 27th 2019
my shrink gave me that book
Mar 27th 2019
*metal hand dap*
Mar 27th 2019
thanks for throwing that out there..
Mar 27th 2019
I have some issues with Black TV faces married to white folk
Mar 27th 2019
line in the sand when it comes to work
Mar 27th 2019
I have a question, if you don't mind.
Mar 28th 2019
      I think you missed the point.
Mar 28th 2019
           ha!
Mar 28th 2019

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Wed Mar-27-19 08:16 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "For the record..."
In response to Reply # 0

- Please do not mistake me as one who would adjust my most sharply pointed words in person, just because it's in person. Unlike many, the list of things I have to lose at this point is shorter than most.

To those whom it may apply, your concern is noted, and appreciated, but I got this.

- I think Jussie Smollett might be BS-ing about the details of his alleged assault, only because the MAGA/noose/you're that N/F-Word from TV angle cuts my suspense of disbelief too deeply. Even though I acknowledge from the get go, violence against black queers is real (see: Ed Buck). However, whatever the CPD has cooked up to get those charges dropped (and the fact that it's under seal) shifts the burden of disbelief and distrust where they belong. Fuck The Police.

Especially since Jennifer Schulte's fat interlopin' ass is walking around a free woman. Teresa Klein is out here pointing the finger at lil kids and she got a slap on the wrist. The list goes on.

My position was always, "it might be BS, but if MAGA gets blamed and/or mad? Good."

Same thing with Russiagate. "it might be BS, but if MAGA catches a L? Good."

- I've about had it with bourgeois liberalism, the hypocrisy, and the other assorted bullshit. Been had it with corporate media, but time and time again the intersection of the two is looking almost as bad as Fox News. this doesn't mean that I'm hopping on to the right wing. but it's a lot of "Fuck Yous" to be dealt.

Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, and especially fuck you.
In the goat ass.

One,

Dr. Claw

Yes, I'm mad. Let's move on.

Jays | Cavs | Eagles | Sabres | Tarheels

PSN: Dr_Claw_77 | XBL: Dr Claw 077 | FB: drclaw077 | T: @drclaw77 | http://thepeoplesvault.wordpress.com

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13573 posts
Wed Mar-27-19 08:32 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "I get angry whenever one of my coworkers starts sneezing and coughing"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Mar-27-19 08:34 AM by flipnile

It's almost April and a couple persistently-sick coworker doing the cough & sneeze routine. They stay eating junk food in the office too. The combo really pisses me off, because it's about to be in the 70s and I ain't trying to catch their shit.

I haven't been sick-sick in a few years now.

As a positive, these same coworkers have been sick all fall/winter, and except for a few days of sniffles I haven't caught anything from them.

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44616 posts
Wed Mar-27-19 10:22 AM

3. "^^^be out here death-shaming people^^^^"
In response to Reply # 2

lol

"Get ready....for your blessing....."

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Wed Mar-27-19 10:38 AM

4. "No More Mr Nice Guy"
In response to Reply # 0

I've been reading it.

I think a lot of me being here -and having been here so long- has to do with my need for acceptance.

I have deep-rooted issues with acceptance and unworthiness that comes from somewhere and I'm working it out.

I needed to see these words in front of me, so I can deal with it.

Thanks for listening.

IG: amadu_me

"...Whateva, man..." (c) Redman

tomjohn29
Member since Oct 18th 2004
16802 posts
Wed Mar-27-19 10:53 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "my shrink gave me that book"
In response to Reply # 4

changed a lot of things
gave it to a lot a people

Navem nu, cuando sol
Tutu nu, vondo nos nu
Vita em, no continous non
Nos nu ekta nos sepe ta, amen

When the sun shades the ship
We sweat and life is not safe
To swim or to touch not
When we unite we hedge amen

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Wed Mar-27-19 10:57 AM

6. "*metal hand dap*"
In response to Reply # 4

>I've been reading it.
>
>I think a lot of me being here -and having been here so long-
>has to do with my need for acceptance.
>
>I have deep-rooted issues with acceptance and unworthiness
>that comes from somewhere and I'm working it out.
>
>I needed to see these words in front of me, so I can deal with
>it.

You can do it, man.
FUCK 'em.
DTA.

Yes, I'm mad. Let's move on.

Jays | Cavs | Eagles | Sabres | Tarheels

PSN: Dr_Claw_77 | XBL: Dr Claw 077 | FB: drclaw077 | T: @drclaw77 | http://thepeoplesvault.wordpress.com

jimi
Charter member
4614 posts
Wed Mar-27-19 01:42 PM

8. "thanks for throwing that out there.. "
In response to Reply # 4

I'm in the same boat

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79594 posts
Wed Mar-27-19 11:25 AM

7. "I have some issues with Black TV faces married to white folk"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Mar-27-19 11:38 AM by legsdiamond

I know it’s petty but gotdamn.

Is that the only way to get on these days?

Tamron Hall... smh

It’s confession so stfu

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

jdub1313
Charter member
4732 posts
Wed Mar-27-19 01:55 PM

9. "line in the sand when it comes to work"
In response to Reply # 0

for both me and my wife.

work shit trumps everything else. we have something planned, work shit comes up? we move around it or cancel the planned thing altogether. No questions asked whether i planned the something or she did.

lately tho, she's been difficult, asking(telling)me to move the work shit, or tell them(the job) that I can't do it because xyz. starting to feel disrespected, b/c i would never ask her to move work shit. ever. not with her being the Black woman manager at her job and all the white woman shit she deals with everyday (i know b/c she tells me almost daily, what Karen did or what Beth did). Me? i'm just the IT guy for a few different sites in the metro. no direct reports, no real high level exposure, just day to day IT stuff, with the occasional project thrown in every few months.

not saying that's what this is, but again, your work is no more important than my work.

building power is being cut next saturday, need to come in Friday night and gracefully power down our data center. she mad b/c she thought about planning an overnight for us and the kids friday night/saturday am. Ok, you thought, you did not communicate. And even if you did, this is WORK SHIT. wtf

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Thu Mar-28-19 11:57 AM

10. "I have a question, if you don't mind."
In response to Reply # 9

What is your priority, your job (working for the gaols other people) or your marriage (leading and serving your family)?

“Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.” ~ Albert Einstein

"I cannot see how nature could have created itself. Only a supernatural force that is outside of space and time could have done that. ~ Francis Collins

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79594 posts
Thu Mar-28-19 01:30 PM

11. "I think you missed the point. "
In response to Reply # 10

She should respect his jobbthe same way she wants him to respect her job.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

jdub1313
Charter member
4732 posts
Thu Mar-28-19 04:44 PM

12. "ha!"
In response to Reply # 11

i think i posted this while i was in my feelings, b/c like a normal couple we kinda talked about it and moved on.

but to answer the Rev's question, obviously my marriage/family are more important to me than any job. but I can't lead anyone anywhere from the unemployment office. I can lead by example, sure. But my kids can't eat examples.

my wife admitted to being difficult because her plan was just about to come together before I burst her bubble with work stuff. I told her that was understandable, but the way she handled it made me feel a way, lol.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13322737 Previous topic | Next topic