Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13317241

Subject: "NOT FRIDAY POAST XXV" Previous topic | Next topic
PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Mon Mar-04-19 01:07 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"NOT FRIDAY POAST XXV"

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
MONDAY
Mar 04th 2019
sorry to hear that
Mar 04th 2019
Sending out some positive energy, bro.
Mar 04th 2019
Damn, Champ! Praying for you and yours...
Mar 04th 2019
thanks fam.. appreciated.
Mar 06th 2019
:-/
Mar 07th 2019
TUESDAY
Mar 06th 2019
Tuesday gets no respect.
Mar 06th 2019
WEDNESDAY
Mar 06th 2019
Stay up, Champ!
Mar 06th 2019
Ran away to hide and get some work done today
Mar 06th 2019
I want to tell it... by her example, I feel like I'm doing it wrong..
Mar 07th 2019
sometimes you have to take the time for yourself
Mar 06th 2019
#grandma...
Mar 06th 2019
      lol. I straight-up tell my son that I ate his grub
Mar 07th 2019
THURSDAY
Mar 07th 2019
Unexpected root canal just happened. Had a crack in the tooth.
Mar 07th 2019
brutal!
Mar 07th 2019
ouch
Mar 07th 2019
im so rigid
Mar 07th 2019
      What software do you model with?
Mar 07th 2019
           im just working in illustrator
Mar 07th 2019

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Mon Mar-04-19 01:17 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "MONDAY"
In response to Reply # 0

learned my Grandma is on her last legs.. going to be taking the day off tomorrow and catching a ferry for a daytrip to visit her.

in 2017 I did manage to tell her how much she meant to me and has impacted the person I am so I'm glad for that. I'm not entirely sure how much life n light she has left and whether she will be able to communicate that well tomorrow.. the rest of the family is planning on coming out for the weekend but my Aunt isn't sure if that isn't pushing it. I may head out there again then but I figure I want to get in there tomorrow.

she spent most of her life living on a small island in a one room cabin probably no more than 25'x25' didn't have running water, had a wood stove.. Also had an outhouse and a manual water pump both about a 1 to 2 min walk in opposite directions. Eventually the manual water pump was replaced with a faucet.... I could go on.. maybe I will another time when I have time.

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16412 posts
Mon Mar-04-19 03:38 PM

2. "sorry to hear that"
In response to Reply # 1

im worried that both my grandmas are nearing it. sadly both of them have had to bury a son. always tough.

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13561 posts
Mon Mar-04-19 04:44 PM

3. "Sending out some positive energy, bro."
In response to Reply # 1

Creole
Charter member
15425 posts
Mon Mar-04-19 05:43 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "Damn, Champ! Praying for you and yours..."
In response to Reply # 1

--- praying for peace, love, and power

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Wed Mar-06-19 12:45 PM

7. "thanks fam.. appreciated."
In response to Reply # 1

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Thu Mar-07-19 12:07 PM

13. ":-/"
In response to Reply # 1

sorry to hear that, man.

fk.

IG: amadu_me

"...Whateva, man..." (c) Redman

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Wed Mar-06-19 12:41 PM

5. "TUESDAY"
In response to Reply # 0

was an exhausting day... I wish I had time to type some of what I'm on.. I get on it when I can.

flipnile
13561 posts
Wed Mar-06-19 01:05 PM

10. "Tuesday gets no respect."
In response to Reply # 5

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Wed Mar-06-19 12:44 PM

6. "WEDNESDAY"
In response to Reply # 0

https://data.whicdn.com/images/198125913/original.gif

back at work.. have an onsite to go to this afternoon. Visited my grandma yesterday.. want to process that.. no time though. which is wrong right there.

Creole
Charter member
15425 posts
Wed Mar-06-19 12:56 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
8. "Stay up, Champ!"
In response to Reply # 6

Today, I'm just sitting here bs'in too much while I'm supposed to be writing a coverage plan to help my PM understand how my team is gonna function while I'm away for two weeks.

I don't feel like doing a damned thing in this camp today. Done already rescheduled a 30-day performance review for a guy on team.

flipnile
13561 posts
Wed Mar-06-19 01:02 PM

9. "Ran away to hide and get some work done today"
In response to Reply # 6
Wed Mar-06-19 01:03 PM by flipnile

Makes the day go by much easier when there isn't an interruption every few minutes.

FINALLY got Guitar Rig working with Logic, so I've been jamming HARD with all these new virtual amps and pedals. Looking forward to it warming and bringing the acoustic to work. If I can find a spot with a little wall (for reverb), hopefully it'll be a nice little escape from the consumerism matrix here downtown.

Also, I want to hear the story of your Gramdma on that island with no running water one day. That sounds like something my introverted self would enjoy, at least for some time.

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Thu Mar-07-19 03:59 PM

21. "I want to tell it... by her example, I feel like I'm doing it wrong.. "
In response to Reply # 9
Thu Mar-07-19 03:59 PM by PG

... Life.... I constantly want to make that choice but I haven't the courage or conviction.

mista k5
16412 posts
Wed Mar-06-19 01:08 PM

11. "sometimes you have to take the time for yourself"
In response to Reply # 6

yesterday was the first day with my boss on the other side of the world. as expected it was chaos. lots of urgent requests came in. got it handled. kind of chill day today. got a couple items im working on but i have this feeling that im forgetting something.

i started a little email spat between some coworkers. it wasnt my intention but im not surprised either. i just needed some questions answers so we can get things moving. still waiting for the answers.

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Wed Mar-06-19 10:13 PM

12. "#grandma..."
In response to Reply # 6

I ate my granddaughter’s brownie. I needed something sweet so when she walked in with it I planned to eat it once she fell asleep. I did. First thing she asked for the next morning...

“where my brownie?”

I ignored her...she asked two-three more times

finally I go, “I don’t know”

she cries...

once I got her to stop, dad walks in and she ask him, “where my brownie?”

he asks me, “where’s her brownie”

me: “what brownie? I don’t know”

she starts crying again...

they leave out for school. I call my son and tell him I ate it. I didn’t have the guts to say it in front of her. He goes, “damn ma, I told her she can take it with her to school”

Im filing it in my repertoire for when she gets older...

/

Peace and blessing PG

flipnile
13561 posts
Thu Mar-07-19 12:11 PM

14. "lol. I straight-up tell my son that I ate his grub"
In response to Reply # 12
Thu Mar-07-19 12:12 PM by flipnile

him: "Dad... where's my ________?"

me: "I ate it."

him: *gives me the "c'mon pop" face*

me: I'll get you another from the store.

him: "ok"

She's gonna be looking for that brownie for MONTHS now. Randomly thinking, "maybe I put it over here..."

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Thu Mar-07-19 12:52 PM

15. "THURSDAY"
In response to Reply # 0

not sleeping well this week.

busy at work too.

funny how death and dying always finds a way to challenge you.

no matter how or who there'll be something there to give you pause... and ultimately something to stop us all.

wish I wasn't so tired today.. wish I had time to write some. time I should but likely won't make.

Creole
Charter member
15425 posts
Thu Mar-07-19 01:19 PM

16. "Unexpected root canal just happened. Had a crack in the tooth."
In response to Reply # 15

The endodontist did a cold test by placing a qtip, that had been sprayed with something, against the tooth. I almost ran the fugg up out that chair.

Now, I’m sitting in the parking lot trying to figure out if I’m going to take a left and head to the office or take a right to head home. DECISIONS!!!!!!

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Thu Mar-07-19 01:24 PM

17. "brutal!"
In response to Reply # 16

no envy here bud. damn.

mista k5
16412 posts
Thu Mar-07-19 01:26 PM

18. "ouch"
In response to Reply # 16

go home

mista k5
16412 posts
Thu Mar-07-19 01:38 PM

19. "im so rigid"
In response to Reply # 15

im doing a special project for one of the owners of the company. theres a few buildings that i need to make illustrations of. instead of just being loose and making quick illustrations im starting with plan views. extruding the buildings to get "realistic" 3d wireframes then going in and making the windows with correct perspective. im drawing walls that wont be in view (not the windows at least) lol

right now im making some steps lol

flipnile
13561 posts
Thu Mar-07-19 02:03 PM

20. "What software do you model with?"
In response to Reply # 19

I do some really-lightweight animation and design using Maya (although I model in Silo, and do UV mapping in an external program as well).

Always feel like a noob when I talk to the AutoCAD & 3D Studio Max users tho.

mista k5
16412 posts
Thu Mar-07-19 04:05 PM

22. "im just working in illustrator"
In response to Reply # 20

i used to use rhino and alias in school. i dont really do 3D models though. the illustrator "3D" feature is very limited. for my purposes it suits me well.

i do miss 3D modeling though.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13317241 Previous topic | Next topic