Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13317033

Subject: "FRIDAY "Why you not goin' to work?"" Previous topic | Next topic
PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Mar-01-19 04:24 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"FRIDAY "Why you not goin' to work?""

already on my weekend folks... might go out for dinner tonight.. two kids showing up tomorrow.

lmao @ Don Cheadle on Desus and Mero last night..

what you guys got going on?

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
The little lady is out of town...
Mar 01st 2019
Snow slowed me down this morning, but it's almost that time...
Mar 01st 2019
more chill day today
Mar 01st 2019
You getting equipment for the car or house?
Mar 01st 2019
      car
Mar 01st 2019
           Does your car have the leads for subs already built-in?
Mar 01st 2019
                not sure
Mar 04th 2019

Marbles
Member since Oct 19th 2004
22290 posts
Fri Mar-01-19 04:41 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "The little lady is out of town..."
In response to Reply # 0

I get to be a caveman again for a few days...and then rush to clean everything up on Sunday afternoon

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13575 posts
Fri Mar-01-19 05:18 PM

2. "Snow slowed me down this morning, but it's almost that time..."
In response to Reply # 0

...I want a pet goat.

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16415 posts
Fri Mar-01-19 05:40 PM

3. "more chill day today"
In response to Reply # 0

ive had work but work at my own pace type of stuff. been listening to music. almost pulled the trigger on the amp and sub. then i saw a powered sub that gave me some pause. i might decide on what to order before im out tonight.

tacos were good but im a fool lol. i went to the store to get the shells and decided to buy some more things. when i was done and loading things in the trunk it hit me that i never got the shells lol. went back in and got them. then i come home and end up burning the shells...how?? lol so had to heat up more shells. alls well that ends well.

flipnile
13575 posts
Fri Mar-01-19 05:52 PM

4. "You getting equipment for the car or house?"
In response to Reply # 3

>ive had work but work at my own pace type of stuff. been
>listening to music. almost pulled the trigger on the amp and
>sub. then i saw a powered sub that gave me some pause. i might
>decide on what to order before im out tonight.

mista k5
16415 posts
Fri Mar-01-19 05:59 PM

5. "car"
In response to Reply # 4

i keep waffling at it. i had found a rockville amp and install kit for $190 and two MTX 12" subs in a box for $150. found a shop that quoted me $150 to install, no ifs or buts.

problem is that i cant find much info on the amp, the company lists cea ratings and all but there are no reviews of them on youtube. great reviews on amazon but i know those can be faked.

so i was thinking maybe i should go ahead and get a name brand and pay some more. found a rockford with the install kit for $250 and almost hit order.

then i saw a rockville 12" powered sub for $100. great reviews on amazon again. i was even thinking maybe i can handle this install myself. if not i think i would have to pay like $50.

now im thinking will i be satisfied with this or still want to upgrade later??

wanted to do more research but ive had people popping in and out of the office so havent had a chance.

flipnile
13575 posts
Fri Mar-01-19 07:04 PM

6. "Does your car have the leads for subs already built-in?"
In response to Reply # 5
Fri Mar-01-19 07:23 PM by flipnile

I set up a (cheap) amp, subs and head unit in my civic YEARS ago. hardest part was pulling up the carpeting to run the wires cleanly. I gave up once I did the front, and just ran them over the seats in the back since I rarely had someone sitting in the back seats.

If you have a switched 12v lead in the trunk (for the amp), plus L & R audio wires then the install in the trunk is pretty simple with some tools. Some dampening in the trunk lid helps with rattles, if you get any.

mista k5
16415 posts
Mon Mar-04-19 11:44 AM

7. "not sure"
In response to Reply # 6

i backed out lol

i need to do more research. my inclination is to just spend the money and be comfortable in having a good system. get it installed. or do nothing and just enjoy what i have now.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13317033 Previous topic | Next topic