Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13314239

Subject: ""Triiiiiii-ed to please her!!!!!" © Cee-Lo Green/Bruno Mars ("Forget yo..." Previous topic | Next topic
c71
Member since Jan 15th 2008
13962 posts
Mon Feb-18-19 08:16 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Poll question: "Triiiiiii-ed to please her!!!!!" © Cee-Lo Green/Bruno Mars ("Forget yo..."

Yes, I know the TOKPR on this subject, but I have to raise the issue - because I know the sentiment expressed in "Forget you" doesn't seem foreign to most of us.

Ahem,

If a person is "trying to please" another person (particularly in a romantic situation) is that COMPLETELY/THOROUGHLY denoting that if you are trying to please this person, you are "striving" to "get on his or her 'good side'" and consequently he or she can just sit back and evaluate whether or not you are "making headway" or not?

"Fancy cars, diamond rings: I've just about given you everything" © Bobby Brown/Smooth B ("Don't be cruel")

So.......

can we evaluate the "power balance" as:

If you are "trying to please" someone A LOT.........you have "no power"

If you are "trying to please" someone a little (here and there)....you have some power.

If you just don't care and just throw some iffy attention to the other person like you're just "playing around" for amusement....you have A LOT of power (because why would this other person "stick around" if you are behaving in a careless manner toward him or her?)

Yes, I know TOKPR part 2, and that is the Eddie Murphy "Raw" description of when a man finally wows a woman in bed and then she starts to express a desire for a relationship at that point (unlike when the man was chasing her/"trying to please her" previously). So, yes, that is a perceived "tables turning" scenario of the power dynamic.

So, yeah, throw in some "tables turning" dimensions, if that strikes you as relevant.

Yes, there also could be both people in the situation trying to please each other equally/simultaneously, so some could assert that dynamic, I suppose.

Poll result (1 votes)
uphill climb for a person at a distinct perpetual disadvantage (0 votes)Vote
nah, tables turn eventually, bruh (keep hope alive) (1 votes)Vote

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
High maintenance
Feb 18th 2019

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79574 posts
Mon Feb-18-19 08:32 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "High maintenance "
In response to Reply # 0

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby General Discussion topic #13314239 Previous topic | Next topic